Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Isn't there something retarded like you get the best weapon by NOT opening a specific set of chests

This isn't the case in any of the rereleases, feel free to open up as many treasure chests as you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

The main writer just likes using kids as perspective characters in his stories about wars, he did the same thing for Tactics Ogre and FFT. I've never really understood the complaints about it, its just a narrative thing and it doesn't detract from the other characters being cool or whatever.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Something that the game doesn't really tell you but is helpful to know is that characters wont cast cures if they would be useless. So if you use something like Ally:any -> Esuna then that character will only cast esuna when someone has an ailment that can be cured by it. I think the same happens with revives, two people wont try to cast it at the same target since the second one wouldnt work. It's been a few months since I last played though so I could be wrong about that

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

vagrant story rules. don't use any guides, that's fail, just be willing to experiment and adjust your builds and you'll have fun

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

In Training posted:

I think I'm approaching the end of the game? At least it feels like it, how does this handle postgame stuff. Is it one of those "make an alt save right before the point of no return" games or does it have a proper post story section with its own set of extra unlocks.

theres no save crystals after the point of no return so dont worry about making backup saves or anything. the only advice id give is to do the ending as soon as you unlock it since going out and doing all the endgame optional stuff will make you way overpowered lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

wait a minute.. that isnt what his post said. bwuh? zuh? .......................oh you beautiful monkey jesus backflipping bastard.