Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

last year was the first time i ever played a final fantasy. i finished 4 last year and 7 a few days ago. starting 10 now and i am hyped for 15 (loved the plat demo)

Play V and VI sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

not FF related but i hope the new Tales game coming in January isn't boring like Zestiria and it's instead good like Xillia/Vesperia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

the demo doesnt explain jack poo poo but its like final fanty pokemon. if you pull off certain per-monster conditions that you can see with libra in battle you get a chance to catch them and add them to your team (even the boss at the end). you stack the monsters on your head and you can unstack to control them all separately but the only time i did this was to catch something because i killed it in one hit when we were all stacked up. both of the different party members can have two different stacks, one for when they're normal size and one for when they're a cube baby. all the monsters are in different size classes, small medium and large and which ones you can use depend on if you're normal or a baby because you count as either medium or large depending. all the different monsters have like a mini sphere grid that uses points you get from level ups to teach them new abilities. enemies can stack up too and some moves have a chance to topple, like chocobo kick. if you wanna catch the boss and the lil baby cockatrice its holding you have to knock them down first. its kinda neat game mite be cool

wgat the christ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

World of Final Fanty is out someone give me deets cause it looks adorable

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoY1f3ndNFg

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like prompto argentum because i can visualize tetsuya normura going quiku silba? but in latin please desu which is pretty funny 2 me

Holy gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Heros Primas

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I look forward for the new adventures of YRP

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

X-3 has existed as an audio drama/spin off book for a while and the story is fairly crazy. Tidus gets assasinated because someone replaces a blitzball with a bomb and since he cant resist kicking blitzballs he explodes in front of Yuna on a beach

I refuse to believe this insane attempt to troll me like they tried with Killer7 HD for PC

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

lightning returns 2 but its YRP saving cats from trees and handing out balloons etcetera

This

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't remember anything about him except he's named after fozzie bear's famous catchphrase and plays blitzball

He puts his seed in lulu which makes me unbeliavably jealous

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i remember that in ff1 all classes but WM and Fighter were useless and a 3x Fighter and a White Mage would rear end rape everything.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Spoilers for those who don't want to know the opening gameplay scene: you start by very slowly pushing your car because it's out of gas and as you start rolling into the desert landscape Stand By Me starts playing

hell yea

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rediscover posted:

good looks bro. copping x/x-2 because x-2 is the only FF ive never played and ive only heard great things about it

Doing this as well

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I replayed FF6 on my phone when I was on the countryside with family and I really miss non-fighting games that let you use FG inputs like Sabin's blitzes. Well I guess there's Kirby.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Absolute Virtue Signalling

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The real article is pretty good. Back before the game was in development for the 64 Nomura made a 2000 polygon CG Behemoth and the console couldn't possibly load that and the reason Square Movies was based on Hawaii was because it was a 'midway point between Japan and the west' (and because Hironobu Sakaguchi liked it).

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Be a Catopatrician

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rumors say Zodiac Age's release date is getting announced next week...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrCPgJceQMM

Finally

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PC version for love of god

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frank.club posted:

for some reason the pc port of ffix has built in trainers that will take your gil and stats to the maximum.

FFX one that speeds fights was a godsend

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cobweb Heart posted:

I forgot to check back in. IX is some great poo poo and I barely got started with it!

*hands u a gun* bro i - i want you to promise - just one thing for me bro. if i ever get too cool to edit my posts to seem more excited about Final Fantasy... i want you to take this... and shoot me. kill me bro

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Got to start zodiac age... Guess I can finally optimize my party and do better jobs instead of keeping balthier as a machinist and fran as an archer like i did when i did a IZJS run last time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

". . ."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

getting my mind blown after finding out that FFX is going to be two decades old in a few months