Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

[Sagely] Final Fantasy and Evangelion and FLCL and Bravely Default and Xenogears FTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Foxhound posted:

I beat a big boss at level 72. It took 2 hours and wasn't worth it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

oh first small dlc thing got talked about, its various small baubles and some new song items that do stuff in battle

also this

comes out thursday

ths owns so much

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Foxhound posted:

That specific fight is a reference to an actual battle that took place in ancient Japan.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this is 35 on amazon right now jjust fyi

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im glad i helped so many lurkers get a good gme

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Absolute Virtue Signalling

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you cn, its just a couple quests later

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Theres a bounty to kill a Yojimbo daemon called A Fistful of Gil

th localization team at se is based. they did n insanely good job translating ignis' bad puns too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ig ot a horn on my first kill but cid bugged out nd i cant give him any more upgrade materials :shrug:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Do a few sidequests/bounties, then camp.

no, he's not doing any upgrades right now. he handed me back the drain sword III and then every other time ive talked to him since then (done a fair bit of adventuring after) he just tells me to stand up straight. i read somewhere that he doesnt take items between chapters 6 and 8 so i'll try back when i get there maybe

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol at th idea of taking snapshot off prompto

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They definitely are

christ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Isn't there some kind of weird copyright thing going on with the old Nintendo FF games and that's why they have to redesign the graphics for Playstation/Mobile/Steam rereleases?

idk about that but i know in the release version of ff6 ios they didnt localize any of the names so like sabin was mash or w/e

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i t ried getting 1700 points once nd you need every card fully leveld up and to have a unique arrow combo lmao, its not even close to worth it. i like tetra master tho, its not as good as triple triad but still based

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the run of games frm 7-10 have basically the most epic minigames in jrpgs other than maybe the card game in xenosaga 1 or fishing in 15

e: xenosaga had badass minigames in general actually, the card game fuckin rocked nd the puzzle game in 3 was really cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dmn...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cobweb Heart posted:

I forgot to check back in. IX is some great poo poo and I barely got started with it!

*hands u a gun* bro i - i want you to promise - just one thing for me bro. if i ever get too cool to edit my posts to seem more excited about Final Fantasy... i want you to take this... and shoot me. kill me bro

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GOQHDJ4?tag=dreldarion-20&th=1

zzodiac age preorder is only 32 on amazon right now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

gently caress dino for never moving from that long rear end pier.

yyeah this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I've come up with a new recipeh! *Extremely detailed render of Iconic Swordcake*

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ludwig van Halen posted:

That's my main concern. I'll get all the way to the end and fight out I didn't use the right jobs and now I need to grind 1000+ job points to get the right abilities

dont worry about it, its pretty much impossible to gimp yourself. berserkers the only trap choice job and it sucks real fuckin bad so you wouldnt want to use it anyway

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah it's the same. The ninja could be good if you have access to elemental scrolls at this point in the game but I don't remember if you do.

yyeah you can buy them in Butz' hometown

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

That's the first one, this one I have to follow a commander. and when I tried warping once to some upper part far away I had to restart instantly so I thought I just couldn't warp

youve just got to stay close to th guy, you can warp otherwise. that one sucks but its pretty short

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It might be a bad game.

it's not

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao that rules

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i wanted let him die this run because i hadnt seen the scene since i was a kid, so i just grabbed th first fish i could find every time and i nearly cured him

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Great job Imp Zone, Google thinks you're all a bunch of Jacob and Evie twincest advocates!

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

hell yeah dog lay those disgusting rear end filters right on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI6VXlNRrI0

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We've found him, boys

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

3 ds is one of the worst rpgs ive ever played. the last boss in particular is insane, they gave it three extra attacks per round for some reason and doubled the math from the original so it can fuckin disintegrate you if you aren't super overleveled, only the best place to grind is the last dungeon which doesn't have save points so if you take a shot and lose you throw 3-5 hours of grinding into the toilet.

2's also pretty bad, its neat as a historical curiosity and the keyword system's a fun idea but the SaGa games do the leveling way better. the story's pretty cool though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Didn't bosses get 2 turns for every one turn your party got too? I seem to remember that from when I played the DS version

yeah, garuda in particular got like 3 attacks a round and lost its vulnerability to dragoon attacks with the class updates (which were fuckin retarded pretty much from the ground up), so it was an insane difficulty spike for pretty much no reason

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

the grinding was exactly the same in the original as well

yeah but the boss was easier because it didnt have the extra attacks. plus the secret jobs were way better so you didnt have to grind as much to get up to a decent level for the boss. still a three hour final dungeon with no save points but its insane that the port made it worse

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh yeah 3DS had Job Sickness which was a stat penalty that occurred every time you switch jobs which is just baffling

also iirc it did that retarded thing where the cool endgame jobs had way worse stat growth than the early game jobs so you had to grind like 50 levels as black belt and then switch to karateka because switching to karateka at level 20 when you got it would mean your character was way under par for endgame. 3 ds fuckin sucks my rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

12 is some drat win. i need to get back to my zodiac edition playthrough, i let it sit for a while right before raithwall and i've been getting the itch to get back to it