Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real excited for the FF12 PS4 remaster over here, IZJS would be my favorite FF if it weren't for FF9

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I was a dumb kid who didn't realize how junction worked so I spammed GFs in every fight in FF8 until things were dead.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I could understand being like "I want to buy the Actually 100% Complete Includes Everything Edition all at once" I guess, I dunno.

Part of it is probably that FFXV released feeling really incomplete and there's a perception that the post-release updates and the DLC are "completing" the game, so the announcement that there's more DLC coming combines with that and people go "lol that means it's still not complete, call me when it's done"

Anyway FFXV was actually pretty good, I finished it a couple weekends ago, and I look forward to playing as Luna and Aranaea. I hope I can jump on dude's heads with my spear all day long in Aranaea's DLC

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's so good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They got rid of a lot of filler but ARR is still a real slog for some people. Even removing a bunch of stuff it's still pretty slow-paced and really long

Some people love it, though. I know I've seen new FFXIV players say that FFXIV vets really overstated how bad ARR is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They even already have a Fort Condor minigame in the Yuffie DLC

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

None of the pixel remasters have controller support on mobile and it's a crime

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

ff6 pixel remaster comes out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1496122857138667526?s=20&t=Zn3Z58WAMdVf_p7BvQEKSw

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I keep hoping there'll be a collection later this year or something

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SaGa Frontier remaster is so good

I played way too much of that last year and by "way too much" what I mean is "I taught Blue Lifesprinkler and the DSC just for fun"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The soundtrack is amazing. For tracks with shorter loops like Locke's theme or The Decisive Battle they added extra instrumentation on each second loop to make sure there's more variety, and they went all-out on tracks like Searching for Friends.

If you're on PC the font is a very easy fix at least, you can even replace it with the original FF6 font.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah the evasion bug is fixed. I think the first version that fixed it was the GBA version and all versions since have evasion working correctly

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cspam fucks your brain up, play Final Fantasy instead

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i hope one day that i can play the final fantasy pixel remasters on my nintendo switch...

:pray:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXVI details starting to drop

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1539453385228828673?s=20&t=phmdg-bnjQR3CslFDbRrsw

hype increasing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Going by other interviews it sounds like XII or XIV more than anything, with medium-sized explorable zones but not just one huge map. Another interview mentions four of the areas being especially large.

Another thing that sounds fun is that the summon vs. summon battles will apparently each be a different genre. One of them is a "3D shooter," one of them is "pro wrestling," one of them is a large-scale battlefield. In the trailer they hid most of the UI for them because it would've been visually confusing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

herculon posted:

I want large dungeons with multiple dead ends and secrets, and I still somehow manage to walk straight to the end and miss all of it.

this is ffxii

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

I loved FF15 and I found it’s open world, road trip idea cool but I think BoTW was def a turning point which made everything before it feel a bit flawed. I don’t think any game world I have experienced feels as complete as hyrule in BoTW with the caveat I have not played elden ring

Elden Ring is the only other open world that I could say compares to BotW, they're the two best open worlds ever made

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Other Square properties deserve a remaster with the kind of love and care SaGa Frontier got and I hope some day they'll get it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In 1995 you would have been calling it Atma Weapon. Topic Locked.

nice merton

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the emperor cast merton on kefka and nothing happened so naturaly i assumed it did nothing when i got it and never used it instead spamming ultima as god intended

this lol I don't think i ever cast merton at all until I played the GBA version

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like that FFXIV just has a giant Tactics Ogre reference in it as a challenge dungeon and it may or may not be canon that it’s literally the same Nybeth

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXVI looks fully sick :letsgo:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Roth posted:

If there's anything I'd adjust about FF2 it's that the encounter rate is uh, a bit batshit

If you're playing on the console version of the pixel remaster, you can turn encounters off at least, if you need a break from them. It's under Configuration > Boost menu.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXVI demo is badass

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

dude ive had like four different people tell me the lies of p demos actually fun and i feel like i'm goin through gestaltzerfall

it is pretty fun, definitely extremely shameless souls/bloodborne rip-off but it feels pretty good to play and has some fun ideas

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FF16 is real good but I still feel like a dumbass for having a ps5 lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the bright side I won't have to wait until 2025 for FF7 Rebirth

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah they did lose the original renders unfortunately

On PC the Moguri Mod does an excellent job upscaling them because a lot of it was touched up by hand

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FF16 has a pretty sick soundtrack

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I did all the side quests because just enough of them had actually good story in them that I didn't want to accidentally miss a good one

The late-game side quests are mostly really good. They're still dry from a gameplay perspective but they start to get actual mocapped cutscenes and stuff.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i turned the original music on for 4 and 5 lol

The pixel remaster music in 6 is really really good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game is insane and wildly exceeded my already high expectations

Final Fantasy rules

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

it's a joyous video game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Even if you'd asked me after playing Remake there's no way I'd have believed Rebirth would be as huge and fun and joyous as it is

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

can I come back and do fort condor hard mode later? I'm not in the mood but I'll try to just brute force it if I lock myself out of it by progressing.

yeah you're never locked out of anything permanently and you'll have free roam before the (obvious and explicit) point of no return. there are times when you're locked into story for a chapter but there's never anything you're permanently locked out of without specifically being warned first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lol. hizke loving 100 tonberries nd then getting his seam split by Everyone's Grudge

lmao