Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
There is one now pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
whizzes and vrrs like a automaton before spitting out a small message on printer paper: FF12 is slept on

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

4 and 7 are both epic. which one was your favorite

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I love 7, 10-2, and 12 International Zodiac Job System.

*badmon voice with emphasis on first syllable* respect

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

5 is my favorite

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The Kins posted:

i kind of fell off the ff series after the ps1

recently i watched someone play some ff12 on twitch and was kind of weirded out by how different all the gameplay mechanics were...

Embrace the future

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I just got paid and I think I'm going to impulse buy Bravely Default because I love job systems even though I'm in the middle of playing DQ7 which also has one and is extremely good for a fairly good amount of other reasons

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Im going to buy it after I finish the DQ7 postgame and will post about it here as well

I'm buying the first game some time in the indetermined near future and will post about it here x3

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I need to do something like this. The only FF games I've beat are I and II on GBA and III on the DS. I feel like I should at least play VII, VIII, and IX... X, X-II and the XIII games too probably.

V and VI are essential too.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

It's true

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Tidus, son of Jecht is the manliest FF protagonist ever.

*starts to agree actually but then thinks about it for a sec* what about cloud.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Advent Children was so win to me when it came out

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Mandatory grind? Which part?

Ya, the first 30 hours of the game hayooo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mysterious loyall X posted:

dark souls 2 is a pile of poo poo. what were they thinking

They were thinking hm let's make a game that's just like the other one, but this time we don;t have the primary creative force working with us any more so lets just wing it boys. But in Japanese

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i never get how you can even voice act that badly.. I don't think that girl was trying. even a completely untrained rando could be better then that if they just put some drat heart into it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Average Bear posted:

I've, uh, never played a FF game besides Crystal Chronicles. Where should I start?

start with 7 or 9

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I also like to use it so I don't get too OP before fighting a boss. the fact they also have a little expected level range for reference is great for that. just unlocked triple wielding and its awesome, especially combined with the charioteer passive so if you go for a 4x normal attack by the last round youre attacking 3 times and critting with all 3. Cant wait to unlock more jobs, the wheel on the job menu looks massive

dude these posts are making BD sound like my dream rpg. I kind of lost steam in DQ7 and I'm strongly considering trading it in for bravely default honestly

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

trading in games?!?

Your right. I got paper I'll just buy it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

is the first one worth playing. and if not can I play the second without playing the first.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I bought Bravely Default and I like it so far. It's cute

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

It seems hard. Normal encounters some times gently caress me up and I'm doing a side quest to get the thief job I'm assuming and there's a boss battle against two dudes with 5k hp who can kill me in like 3 hits and heal each other for 500 if they want when I'm doing like 150 per attack. I'm going to win it tomorrow

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Blue mages typically pwn actually.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

It usually never really seems worth it to bother with learning the spells and stuff. 7 is an exception because anybody can have the enemy skill materia, so you don't have to sacrifice regular magic or stats to get it. Maybe they're good in V I've only played tht game in fiesta and haven't gotten a blue Mage

Well, I was thinking of V specifically so that makes sense lol. It's really good in that

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I wish bosses just had a retry button because there is a save point immediately before every single one so it makes you redo all the text.

Cant you just skip the dialogue. You can in BD

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I think I should get FFIX on the Vita. I've never played it.

It's a top tier FF and you should buy it right now.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i just made myself a secret of mana avatar today, which is like final fantasy, but good

Final Fantasy is good too.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

What is your loving problem

I don't know but we should kill him

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Nebalebadingdong posted:

som really had a lot going for it if they had stuck with their not-turned based approach. the combat is simple but would be a good platform to build on to, especially as a CO-OP game

but then they jam fisted a turn based magic system into it. this wasn't from it being rushed either. they go all in on this dumb magic system for seiken densetsu 3 (which translated to english comes out to, roughly, A Real Bad Game)

look i am still bitter about this over 20 years later

Stop

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 are both win.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

What's better Ride ze shoopuff! or the metal song in XIII-2 that growls Come on you think you can ride this chocobo

I would have to say riding the shoopuff.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

It's a war crime that the localizers changed her name to Cindy

Are you loving kidding me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Jenner posted:

FF6 is the best game in the series and FF9 is just pure art.

I'm too scared to buy another FF game though. My first FF was 4 and I bought, played and finished every FF (excluding the MMOs) up until FF12 which I could never finish because Vaan was literal poison who I hated. I haven't bought or played a FF since.

Let me know how 15 is.

Vaan is not poison he's a cute little boy and 12 is epic so try again.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

folder posted:

12 is one of my favourites just because i thought the world and music were very good. i liked the turkish/arabic style they used in some of the settings.

Ya and I like how low key the plot is too. IIRC its just like a political drama straight thru the end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

PC cucks: there is a sale on final fantasy games https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-sale/digital

FFIII 4.80
FFIV 4.80
FFV 5.00
FFVI 4.80
FFVII 3.75
FFVIII 3.75
FFIX 6.30
FFX/FFX-2 9.00
FFXIII 4.80
FFXIII-2 6.00
Lightning Returns 6.00

Also Life is Strange for $5 and DQ Heroes for $18. I'm going to play Lightning Returns

good looks bro. copping x/x-2 because x-2 is the only FF ive never played and ive only heard great things about it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Also, I just had a major frodo moment and started reading about FFXIV for a second before quickly closing all browser tabs..

It's okay to read about FFXIV.. it seems cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

i like it but its still an mmo

So what.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Control Volume posted:

Hell, ill come out and say it: id make out with all of the cute boys in ff15

I'd like to jack off there little peckers

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

playing X-2. It's real groovy so far, but I kind of keep getting lost during combat. It's too busy and the camera angle sucks so it's hard to parse what I'm looking at most of the time

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

lmao what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

X/X-2 remasters seem completely fine.