Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I need to do something like this. The only FF games I've beat are I and II on GBA and III on the DS. I feel like I should at least play VII, VIII, and IX... X, X-II and the XIII games too probably.

drat dude...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

6, 9 and 10 are my favorites, but 4, 5, and 12 are great too. I should get back to 13 since I liked what I played of it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

every ff thread is just tier lists

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

RIP Tri-Ace. Their latest got translated and is coming out in the US next week. I have the Japanese version and after 2 hours gave up on it, it's not a very good game

Is that the one that's like Valkyrie Profile

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

8 is good but for some reason to me 7 and 9 just feel like much "bigger" games overall even though they're probably similar content-wise

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFXV has gone gold and it's getting online co-op DLC after launch

Squeenix is also bringing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Remix to PS4 on one disc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven't played BBS yet and I'm wondering if I should wait for the PS4 release even though I already own 2.5 on PS3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nebalebadingdong posted:

som really had a lot going for it if they had stuck with their not-turned based approach. the combat is simple but would be a good platform to build on to, especially as a CO-OP game

but then they jam fisted a turn based magic system into it. this wasn't from it being rushed either. they go all in on this dumb magic system for seiken densetsu 3 (which translated to english comes out to, roughly, A Real Bad Game)

look i am still bitter about this over 20 years later

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i preordered ffxv last night because idgaf

It's gonna be really good

In Training posted:

did they detail what the online multiplayer for XV was? Seems like a wild last minute addition but they've done literally everything else in the playbook with XV so why not

There's gonna be online co-op DLC after release

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like prompto argentum because i can visualize tetsuya normura going quiku silba? but in latin please desu which is pretty funny 2 me

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

:siren: FFXV has broken street date 12 days early :siren:

In Peru :negative:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

PC cucks: there is a sale on final fantasy games https://store.na.square-enix.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-sale/digital

FFIII 4.80
FFIV 4.80
FFV 5.00
FFVI 4.80
FFVII 3.75
FFVIII 3.75
FFIX 6.30
FFX/FFX-2 9.00
FFXIII 4.80
FFXIII-2 6.00
Lightning Returns 6.00

Also Life is Strange for $5 and DQ Heroes for $18. I'm going to play Lightning Returns

They have a bunch of physical games on sale too like FFX/X-2 for PS4 for $10. Also not FF-related but Sleeping Dogs for PS4 for $5 is a must-buy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Woah, Theatrythm for 7 bucks. I guess FF Explorers is not good? That's only $5.

e: Explorers turned into a waiting list when i refreshed the page. Also, DQ Builders for $40. *

It's the original Theatrhythm though, not Curtain Call which is the better version

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Also, I just had a major frodo moment and started reading about FFXIV for a second before quickly closing all browser tabs..

If it didn't have a monthly fee I would definitely play it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Wow. Today's the day. FFXV is out

Congratulations everyone!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Playing a Final Fantasy game with people dressed in normal clothing and guys named Dave is weird. It's really fun so far though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

If anything, FXV takes place in a future version of earth because they live in a world where they can buy classic Final Fantasy soundtracks

And because there are Cup Noodles and Coleman camping equipment

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sharkopath posted:

oh first small dlc thing got talked about, its various small baubles and some new song items that do stuff in battle

also this

comes out thursday

Noctis and Raiden, brothers in arms

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Also idk how this game does it but its like nothing ive ever played before even though its made up of a bunch of things you see in a ton of games

This is a pretty good description of how I feel about the game. It's awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PleasingFungus posted:

Ludicrous Virtue Signalling.

Absolute Virtue Signalling

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I had this open in a draft for about 10 minutes trying to get it to sound right lol

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How long is the chocobo event going? I'd like to stream some of it for fun maybe tonight or this weekend

It goes until February 20th, apparently.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skylark posted:

My ff15 experience so far

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're both worth playing but 9 is the better game overall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They're both a good time.

This, 8 is still an excellent game and has really fun/breakable mechanics

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just saw this right after the scene where Lunafreya dies and I lolled inappropriately.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chapter 13 is... something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Chapter 13s only crime is being like 15 mins too long. I've posted about it before but I actually liked most of it

I don't dislike it necessarily and I appreciate that they're doing something different but it's a little frustrating sometimes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

for some reason the pc port of ffix has built in trainers that will take your gil and stats to the maximum.

7 and 8 on steam have the same thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For all the game's flaws, the last chapter was fantastic and hit a lot of genuine emotional beats. Loved the game overall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

i might be a loving moron, but this looks cool and might be fun

I think it looks cool too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Throw some coins in your spells to get exp boost.

I love how powerful the magic spells are in this game, I just wish I didn't have to craft them so often.

Same, I'm glad they made it easy to recraft previous spells at least.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cobweb Heart posted:

I forgot to check back in. IX is some great poo poo and I barely got started with it!

*hands u a gun* bro i - i want you to promise - just one thing for me bro. if i ever get too cool to edit my posts to seem more excited about Final Fantasy... i want you to take this... and shoot me. kill me bro

Lol