Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

i didn't get one of these until like my 15th play through. i would grind that room for an hour or more every time. then once i just refused to move on and i finally got it. i don't think i've gotten it since either. i would get the other 1/128 drops i dont care about all the time, so what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

its such a pointless item too since Poo is mainly support/offensive caster but I know multiple people who grinded endlessly for it lol

if it was any other game i wouldn't have cared but to keep missing a piece of my Favorite Game broke my brain

case in point i'm playing ff6 for the first time and i started checking a guide so i can just get it over with faster and i see all this extra stuff and I guffaw

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

i don't like the combat or most of the character building systems outside of espers. and those still suffer from the crummy menus from all the swapping around you have to do. i'll give it credit for doing a lot around the storytelling stuff but playing it is a slog.

Bicyclops posted:

I know, I'm using it. i actually printed the whole thing out so i could check when i've "cleared" a formation and when i've gotten the rage, it's stapled together under the coffee table. every couple of months my wife asks if she can throw it away.

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i lost my earthbound guide somehow. my mom knew how much i liked the game from how much i begged to get it. she offered to xerox and collate the whole drat thing from a friend's copy for me at work. i remember she had to stay late to do it at least in part to use up 150 double sided pages of ink while no one else was there. when she gave it to me i opened it up, on the cover page i found the scribbled signature and of his snotty little sister and some of the stamps from a stamp set they had. years earlier as a revenge for something i marked up that page and forged her signature knowing it would get him to i don't know knock her in the head with a nerf bat or whatever.

i never told them but i regret disrespecting an earthbound guide in such a petty ploy

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I played ff6 for the first time this year and thought it kinda sucked lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

dumbass op got banned in qcs lmao

rip to the boy

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

beautfiul 🌺

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

FF6 is more or less my favorite game of all time. I tried playing the phone port (which is the same as the Steam port) and I hated it.

Then later on the same day I tried it on my nvidia shield portable, which is basically an android device with a fold-down screen and an xbox 360 gamepad built in, and I enjoyed it way more. so I think it was playing without a gamepad that was really bothering me

the only thing that sucks about it is the character sprites look pretty goofy. they look like something you'd see in RPG maker. the re-drawn enemy graphics are decent, as are the mode 7 graphics and some other stuff.

i find the GBA translation the best, and a tie between the android/mobile port and the snes one. the snes one has a lot of quirks I like, but the more updated translations make things a lot clearer and are easier to follow the plot with. i personally hate fan translations (unless it's something like where someone takes the GBA translation and hacks it into the SNES ROM, which no one has done yet for FF6)

but anyway if PC is absolutely your only option i'd probably say just download the original SNES ROM and an emulator, even if it contradicts a lot of what i just said. I would say the GBA one but even with the snes audio hack it still sounds like poo poo and the resolution is a lot lower which might turn you off to the game

it's not a good game anymore

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
should i play "Vagrant Story" or is just one of those games people like to write posts about

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

• ENHANCED POLYGON GRAPHICS OF GIANT DRAGONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_tRFwiibIc&t=60s

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

running around FF7R Shinra HQ and soaking in the delicious irony of japanese square Enix making the most immediately culturally relevant eco-terrorist positive ACAB game after Canadian Square Enix used their Deus Ex reboot to make fun of final fantasy in a random lobby poster and say Aug Lives Matter .

loll

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lucavi posted:

Final Panty

access please

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Bolverkur posted:

scaling is usually rear end, it's cool to be under or overlevelled as you wish that is one of the finest things about classic jrpgs

ya

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pablo Nergigante posted:

[Mark Hoppus voice] I guess this is growing up.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

EmmyOk posted:

people need to btfo the purpose of the laugh is that it's a forced attempt at levity in doomed circumstances. brainlets mock it when it's high art

truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

dont play mmos