Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

What determines your finesse grade at the end of encounters. I usually get D or C while i get A+ in the other two categories, and I like high scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I didn't take nighttime seriously until an iron giant twice my level arose from the ground and wiped out my buddies and almost killed me.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think I'm near the end of the game or something but this section I'm in is insanely bad. I want the open world back.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

2. Your party talks way too little during car trips and way too much while you're fishing

Talk about backseat fishing...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dark Weasel posted:

E I kind of wish this game was harder by default, I'm playing it with my sister and we're absolutely dominating it. Maybe it'd be too frustrating if it were harder, I dunno.

I just finished the game today and I felt this way until the endgame when certain bosses just seemed unfair with their damage output being ridiculous and one shotting all your party members who aren't smart enough to dodge like you do. I may have been underleveled but I don't think so. One boss in particular I used several megalixers and mega phoenixes on just to get through it. It could be I'm just bad at the game, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There is an incredible upgrade awaiting in the postgame. I couldn't believe it when I saw it lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There is a point where you are locked out of returning to open world for most of a chapter but there is no "point of no return" so you can always go back to open world even in the final area.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just tried a timed weekly quest for the first time and it took me 20 min to kill all 20 enemies. Nothing matches the despair of 2 Malbadooms blocking you in against a wall while they charge Bad Breath.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I did 3 sealed dungeons without letting the gang sleep, this is their just reward.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmQ5zIg43CQ

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The sealed portion of Costlemark Tower has a restriction: You're not allowed to use items. I came across a level 90+ Jormungand that completely decimated my team because the AI won't run away from the extremely telegraphed moves you can't dodge through. If anyone has actually done this before any tips are appreciated.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I tried to 100% all the post game dungeon content recently but the Costlemark Tower sealed section with the item restriction is just beyond me. How are you supposed to keep your team alive without items against 10 iron giants.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There's no reason to play it if you're not nostalgic for it, and even then there's not much reason to play it. It's a completely different game than it was a decade ago anyway.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

The AI companions die a lot on end game stuff, i didn't have the patience for the no potions twisted dungeon or whatever it was

That’s the part where I gave up. I don’t understand how its even doable and I was over level 100 at the time. Maybe I’m just a noob.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think it has a better ending than most other Final Fantasy games. I didn’t like Chapter 13 from a gameplay perspective the first time through but my stance on it has softened since then.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

a lot of the endgame stuff the fight is just endless wailing on an unthreatening sack of hp for 20 minutes

Nah.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

goferchan posted:

Lol cool I like that fishing is its own class with its own gear and skill trees and stuff.

It's the best part of the game.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

New teaser trailer for the FF7 Remake... Looks like it might use FFXV style battle system except you can swap characters. Well, I'm sure we'll find out in about 10 years when it finally comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOn2bWuA_0w

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

If Part 1 is only Midgar they are either planning to release like half a dozen parts or cutting a lot of stuff to get it down to a trilogy. My money is on the latter.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It means the Final Fantasy devs are sweating bullets.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

elf help book posted:

i hope you can actually attend a performance of LOVELESS

Didn't even think of this...holy poo poo.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just want to know if Red XIII is actually going to be playable in this episode or if he joins so late he's just an NPC.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I hope you can have sex with him.

Kongming posted:

Didn't even think of this...holy poo poo.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jUiRVyPg84

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm up to chapter 9 in my hard mode run. I really like the small additions to some bosses that only happen in hard mode, the chapter 9 boss in particular caught me by surprise and I probably only survived as well as I did because Aerith got her limit break at the beginning of the last phase which nullified physical damage for a while. I'll have to do that fight again since you need to play through chapter 9 twice on hard to get all the manuscripts so it might not go as well next time.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I liked the bike sequences when I played them but once you unlock Chapter Select you have the option of skipping them completely on chapter replays and I have done just that.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Played more ReMake tonight and over all I enjoy it a tonne but the battling has some issues. The way interrupts work can be really obnoxious. Like if the cure effect goes off and you lose the MP it should activate or you shouldn't lose the MP. Also I just had a fight during the Chocobo side quest where the three enemies are highly resistant to Magic and Physical and when you stagger them to 100% it drops instantly. Like what is that battle lol? There is not good strategy it's just really long. The Tonberry fight also felt similarly obtuse even when I used Assess.

When the enemies are "dancing" if you attack them enough to interrupt them they spawn a clone. Kill the clone and the real one becomes more susceptible to damage for a brief period. Stagger doesn't work on them it wears off super fast. I didn't realize the clones removed their damage resistance the first time either so I just whittled them all down.

Tonberry is just dodge the knife stab to make it enter Pressured state. If you try and do a long range attack that locks down like Barrett's Big Bertha skill he will respond with instant death attack on them.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

also the flying car sucks and i was so mad that it's basically just useful to get to that one dungeon, lol

I crashed it and game over'd like 5 times trying to land on that little strip to get to said dungeon. And the dungeon is a weird platformer and it took me like 3+ hours to puzzle it out. Still, good game.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In the context of Final Fantasy games though who cares because they've never been shining examples of well balanced/difficult RPGs. It's gotten better in more recent entries but even FF7R can be broken over your knee if you care to do it. FF8 is like the preeminent example of an extremely broken system and the level scaling is one of the reasons for that. I still love the series but let's be realistic.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Shadowbringers is pretty drat good.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

For what it's worth, difficulty doesn't matter for the chapter 4 motorcycle trophy so you can just set it to Easy for that, and when using chapter select you can straight up skip the motorcycle segments completely. Hard mode is also really fun and worth doing in a replay.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've been playing Dream Drop Distance and it's good but it definitely feels like a lesser Birth by Sleep, and it has some B tier Disney Worlds. The environmental attacks are cool and probably a little too strong. Riku continues to be the best character in the series.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I liked DDD a lot but gaining abilities with the dream eaters was a pain. Command fusion in BBS was a lot more fun

I think I'm at least 2/3 of the way through the game now and this is starting to get annoying to me too, since I still haven't found enough synthesis materials for about half the recipes I have, and there's no way of knowing what skills a Spirit has without making it first short of just looking it up.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Perfect.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't think there's any in-game hints other than you stumble across the UFO encounters and maybe start go looking for it. I remember finding one of the UFO encounters on my own without knowing what the gently caress was happening my first time through the game.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Can't wait to grind in Bio Research Lab for 30 hours...in HD.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's Fuse, the special agent character that was supposed to have his own episode in the original release.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've never beaten all the character's stories on the same system data but I've done them all at some point. The real question is are they fixing the glitches that let you get infinite credits.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I would live with the consequences of your actions, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wait, Cid died too? So you not only left Shadow behind on an exploding continent but you fed Cid the shittiest fish you could find? There is no hope for you after all.