Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

rizzen posted:

Really can't recommend ISSTH enough. It's a pretty fun and amusing read, even with the large amounts of ~~cut to astonishment for 3 chapters~~

Much as I dislike where ISSTH ended up going, the first several hundred chapters are admittedly quite fun, and that's still a loooot of good content

Adelheid fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

y'all have such noble thoughts. my secret is that i love garbage, and also that i love to devour garbage

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Honestly, labyrinth Kumoko and post-labyrinth Kumoko are drastically different works. Thankfully, I like both of them, and the main character is no longer the only very good and fun character.

Also, two new chapters of Kumoko came out today, and, goddamn. Shiro, what are you doing

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shun's story was a bog standard reincarnation thing, where he was reborn into a royal family, was lavished with praise for his broken talents, gathered a stable of potential love interests and a rival, all while building up the future threat he had to face. it was all completely unrelated to why the world had a built-in rpg system or the reason the class died in the first place.

only, now we have learned that all of his drama was pointless and largely artificial. kumoko was off doing big important things that coincidentally completely wrecked shun's fancy new handsome prince hero life. everything that went wrong for shun was because of kumoko, and none of it was about him at all.

Yeah, like! I really didn't particularly care about Shun's story when it was happening, but now that Kumoko's story has gotten far enough that there's overlapping events, putting Shun's story in perspective makes it a lot better. Just wish it didn't take so long to get this far! And now the author is back to working on the LN, so further updates will be sporadic for awhile, right when we're in a patch where i'm extremely interested in what comes next....

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Jester Mcgee posted:

I stumbled on this thread the other day and started reading Kumo. I really like it! But I finished all of the Blastron translations and I'm finding the turb0 translations to be really unpleasant to read. Are there any better translations? Or do they get better? Please tell me there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

eventually turb0 stops and much more readable translations take its place, but they still aren't up to blastr0n's polished level.