Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Reposting my request from the good isekai thread:

What was that isekai someone posted before that was described as Dark Souls the Isekai? Was it good?

What are some good isekais/mangas/manwhas/web novels what have you where the protagonist or some friends that have spooky powers or evil powers or skills normally attached to evil characters? But are good people? I love the concept so I'm collecting a list to slowly work through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

atelier morgan posted:

The Good-For-Nothing Seventh Young Lady goes hog wild with this, making her primary powerset (curses and mind control) not only something that's usually attached to evil characters generally also something basically exclusively used by evil dickbags in setting. Provided that you think stealing from rich people is a victimless crime she's pretty good people (at least for the first eleven hundred chapters ive read)

That sounds potentially good! Thanks.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

in the vast majority of such wn's the mc immediately hooks up with the richest and most abusively controlling guy around. is that the case here?

This doesn't sound good at all.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Megazver posted:

I thought Release that Witch's ending was alright.

Whats that? Is it any good?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Well, that plan is elegant in its simplicity.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

i've been more or less enjoying demoness' art of vengeance, but then i noticed it wasn't showing up on the main nu page any more. it turns out that some clever soul added the 'sexual cultivation technique' tag, which is something i have filtered out for obvious reasons. except, it's the villain and only the villain who does that in this wn. that's some real misleading bullshit. it's far from the only tag like that, either.

What are you enjoying about it?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Forge of Destiny has a fairly pleasant cast.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Forge of Destiny is pretty good vis a vis not being misogynist?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Did someone ever pick up The Villainess Will Blow Through Her Death Flags With Modern Firepower?

I thought I recalled reading about someone's review of it somewhere here but I don't remember exactly.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wait what

Oh my god this poo poo sucks

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Free to keep on Amazon? Am I gonna need to sign up to a trial of anything for this?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Anzrel posted:

In your heart all along naturally.

Given the setting this could be literally true, I suppose.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I bounced off of My Disciple Has Died Again pretty hard by chapter 14. :(

It's pretty slow. Should I try to muddle through?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

LLSix posted:

I hated that onion so much. She's a good encapsulation with everything that eventually got me to drop the series.

What other things?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Ha. It's funny you say that, given how much griping there is about characters that got lost or dropped because the thread kept voting against spending time with them.

On the topic of FoD: Ice diplomat route has won the vote.

I feel this on a deep, deep level.

Xuan Shi... Gan Guangli...

Anyways I too recommend Forge of Destiny. It's a very good entry point and was mine.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The voters haven't entirely decided on it quite yet but that's a hell of a good move imo!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Kalas posted:

I enjoyed reading the very long story of a masochistic healing murderhobo.

This is one of the rare characters that would take off the plot armor if she could just to get more resistances.

Whats the title?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

What's the title?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

There's always Threads/Forge of Destiny, eh? Street urchin protag finds herself increasingly embroiled in machinations and decides to make a stand. Colorful cast of characters. Very fun.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21188/forge-of-destiny

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

RangerKarl posted:

I Was Reborn Into a Magical World, but my powers are the USA Dozer build tree from C&C Generals?

I'd read it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Complete with stress management!

Edit:

reincarnated heavy knight is basically the word cliche repeated over and over in lieu of a story. however, once the poopsocker mc hooks up with his partner it started to become rather charming. the dude is all wrapped up in optimal leveling strats and has absolutely no idea that he has a gf.

How so?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yinlock posted:

i also love this genre, so here's one i haven't seen talked about

I'm the evil lord of an intergalactic empire is a strange case, the title, description and prologue are just nonstop red flags. But then it turns out to be a comedy about someone trying to be a child's idea of an evil tyrant, but it's a grimdark space empire setting so his attempts at being evil instead end up making everyone's lives better and he is seen as an unimpeachable paragon of virtue

it's really stupid, in a good way

I'm gonna try it but the prologue is-
Yeah you were accurate in that it is full of red flags.

Ok i didnt make it past chapter 1 lmao

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 25, 2021