Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
Side effect of getting his dao fruits maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Seeing some of the awful poo poo that can be popular has emboldened me to inflict my own heinous works upon undeserving Literature.

Repent, ye sinners.

In thread-relevant content, are there any of these stories that are sci-fi (and tolerably good)? And I mean legit sci-fi; stories about hyper-advanced immersive VR that people use to play fancy D&D don't count.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/skyfire-avenue/

Skyfire Ave has a really slow and odd start (lots of talk about wine, etc the first few chapters) but then picks up

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/tempest-of-the-stellar-war/

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013

UberJew posted:

i never could stick with douluo dalu (except for the comic because the colors are just so gorgeous) because it is perhaps the ur-example in web novels of one of the problems of virtue ethics where early on he straight up murders a guy on the street who was zero real threat to him over an insult and this was a praiseworthy thing that exemplified his courage and honor

When did this happen?

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
Well, the latest chapter of ISSTH made me laugh and gave me serious, serious feels

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
I have a similar thing with meng hao summoning mountain ranges and hundreds of thousands of mountains. Are they miniature mountains or something?

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
Been enjoying absolute choice and battle frenzy a lot lately

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
I just read the first three book of the cradle series (Unsouled, Soulesmith, Blackflame) and I unexpectedly liked it a good amount. It's nothing amazing, but it's still a pretty entertaining read especially because I've read a ton of xianxia/wuxia and it was fun seeing how it was westernized xianxia. The original language being english and being in novel form does a great deal in improving readability too, as well.

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013
Been enjoying Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society a lot lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafAsianQT
Aug 9, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

in a record of a mortal's journey to immortality (such an awful title), the mc has no particular talent or background, but early on he finds a magic doohickey that lets him get the ingredients for cultivation drugs easily. so, like 90% of his success is due to taking lots and lots of drugs in lieu of the meditation and gathering energy parts of cultivation. the rest is his fervent desire to stay low-key and avoid any big dramatic displays so he can take drugs in peace.

if anything it takes the low-key thing too far, because as of the most recent translated chapters he has no friends, no family, belongs to no organization and is a 200+ year old virgin.

I like this one a lot too. He does have a paranoid personality but given how he became a cultivator it makes sense.

He isnt a virgin, though.