Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I am enjoying Release That Witch. It is a Chinese web novel, but the protagonist is not a sociopath and the plot doesn't revolve around a series of face contests.

Yeah. The main reasons I enjoy about is that it's very feel good, psychologically comfortable read. On a tension scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a hardcore thriller, this is like a 1.2. You might have noticed that the author deliberately minimizes any stress the reader might feel from any threats to the characters. Every time the author shows an active threat coming at them, the chapter is the villain going HAR HAR WE WILL STOMP THIS TWAT HOW TOUGH CAN HE BE, with the focus being on what an idiot the villain is, and then immediately getting effortlessly stomped in the next chapters, providing a lot of schadenfreude to the reader. It's good for my anxiety.

quote:

It is easy to forget it is a Chinese web novel, until the latest chapter (646), the hot pot chapter.

I also enjoyed the chapter about chopsticks being the obviously superior eating utensil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Fallorn posted:

Qidian site is fine with an add blocker that stops the stupid gating of new releases by watching a video. They are still an awful company but what ever.

I only read one novel there and I get more ~spirit stones~ there than I can spend on turning off the ads every day; I'm sitting on 315 of them as of right now. I haven't felt the need to do anything about the ads yet.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Or do that.

I created an account because it, like, shows all the books you're reading on the main page and whether they've updated or not.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So I decided to give I Shall Seal the Heavens a go and got to, like, the middle of Book 1. The sect was disbanded and our plucky hero who solves every problem by duping xp-granting items just reaches Qi 7. My question, the rest of the story is like this as well, right? It doesn't turn into a slice-of-life comedy about running an interdimensional tavern, which is what the people actually like about the story when they recommend it, right?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I can't say it's bad by any means, but I must admit it's starting to bore me. I think I've derived all the enjoyment I ever will out of it, so I'll move on to something else.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

SerSpook posted:

A Will Eternal is actually legitimately funny so far, mainly because Bai Xiaochun is a much better protagonist than literally any other xianxia protagonist. I've not read since chapter 300 or so though, so maybe that's changed.

Yeah, I gave that a go and it's more to my taste that ISSTH. I guess I don't really enjoy the wuxia/xianxia tropes straight. Making a typical East Asian low-brow comedy relief character as the main character so far amuses me, though.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

blastron posted:

Is there a way to read through Forge of Destiny without having to scroll through tons of forum posts and discussion between chapters?

http://www.omnibuser.com/

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Captain_duck posted:

I kinda like the system, you get the stones for free by a check in once per day, and get enough to skip ads on two chapters per day. Recently i have re-read ELCL using the app on my android phone, and i banked up 500+ stones, since only the latest chapters require them to skip ads.

Anyway, still loving ELCL, it's my favorite webnovel after kumoko. Theres some great humour in that series.

I also read My MCV and Doomsday. The concept sounded intriguing, as instead of leveling up himself he levels up his minibus, but it turned to poo poo. He's leveling up himself now anyway and becoming a murderhobo that murders everyone that looks at him funny.

And recently i started Cultivation Chat Group which is indeed pretty interesting. I'm not all that far into it yet though. It's also my first story about cultivators so that helps i guess?

Anyway i guess webnovel.com 's approach is working because they got me in their claws and now if i want to read something new ill check their site since i got the big cache of stones there anyway.

RTW is, unfortunately, twice the stones daily as they give out, so I'll run out of my stash in a month or so. Suppose I might have to just take a break and read something else, eventually.

The stone prices aren't too bad, I suppose. 500 stones for ten bucks, so if you round RTW's eight stones per chapter to ten, that's fifty chapters. If you say a chapter's about 2k words on average (I checked) it's ten bucks for 100k words, which is a standard length for a short-ish novel. But, of course, you'll also have read hundreds of chapters for free before that. And they're giving a 1000 bonus stones if you buy 500 right now. TBH if they weren't using Paypal I'd probably buy some, just to give Er Mu some money.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
your annoying memeing is really making my killing intent flare

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Yinlock posted:

sir i didn't mean to offend you

*accidentally kicks dust on one of your 3000 magical treasures from my groveling, your glare immediately separates me and my entire city's population at the atomic level and places each individual atom in a separate hell*

heh, good one.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

A 'problem' how?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
*convulses with gratitude at the feet of wise Uncle Bai*

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Oh okay we're back to Cringetown.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think I'll wait a few days for the updates to pile up, then skim through them cringing through my fingers.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

You might enjoy Two Year Emperor (if you feel like buying it afterwards). It's not perfect, but it's entertaining enough. It's about a D&D nerd who gets sucked into a fantasy world, which works by very strict D&D-rules-as-physics, by a summoning ritual by people trying to find someone who'll save their kingdom from multiple grievous threats - which he does by blatant munchkinry and rule exploits.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 3, 2018

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

Does he deal with anime nonsense by being a DnD wizard?

It's written by an American, so few cringe moments aren't anime-related.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Read through Library of Heaven's Path, mostly because it's No.1 on the Novel Updates rankings. It's fun, quite similar to A Will Eternal in that the protagonist is a mostly good-natured trickster, with a few amusing character flaws, who engages in constant shenanigans and always come out on top due to how insanely OP his Mandatory Special Cheating Trick is.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

jwang posted:

If you enjoy reading stories where the MC just stomps all over the opposition, this is something you would enjoy.

That's literally every web novel I've read so far.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Konstantin posted:

The MC in Release That Witch doesn't do much stomping himself, he's an engineer who gets his witch girlfriend to use her fire magic to smelt steel. He then uses that and his engineering knowledge to bootstrap his kingdom from the middle ages to Napoleonic technology. His standing army does the stomping while the opposing knights wonder what those weird metal tubes are.

Well, yes. The stomping discussed is indeed not literally the physical action of stomping.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This dank maymay amused me:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Checked out a few more titles.

I have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World is about a guy who gets the ability to teleport back and forth between modern China and the post-apoc future China that's a thinly veiled Fallout rip-off and bring physical goods with him both ways. I like the idea of it - bring the now-useless valuables and future tech back to modern day, bring extinct luxuries to the future, grow rich and powerful in the process - but the execution is sorely lacking. The author is obviously a dirt-poor incel in real life and spends a significant amount of time describing how he'd spend money if he became a millionaire and how much pussy he'd crush, in a manner that makes it obvious he has no experience in either. But what really killed it for me is how stupid the protagonist and his schemes were and how little understanding the author showed of the poo poo he talks about. In the chapter I stopped reading, he, like, bought some pre-war techies as slaves and had one earnestly explain to him that he could turn the modern-era phones ten times more productive by switching them to D++, the more productive programming language, and it'd only take him a week, because of how ancient those phones were. Ugh.

Gourmet Food Supplier is about a guy who wakes up with software in his brain (installed by aliens, I think?) that will make him the best chef in the universe... eventually. For now, it gives him missions which reward recipes (sometimes) and sets ridiculous restrictions on how he has to handle his business that he has to obey if he wants to benefit from it. I wanted to read something light-hearted and slice-of-life-y and it's that, I guess, but it gets old quick. The protagonist is passive as gently caress, because his every step is controlled by the software and he just spends his entire days cooking, doing whatever the current mission is and not having a life outside of it, despite quickly becoming filthy rich off of it. Furthermore the story's structure is repetitive as gently caress: he finishes a mission and gets a new recipe, cooks it, then the ever-increasing cast of regulars comes in one in one to pay their monthly salaries for one meal and have full-body orgasms each time they take a bite, then someone new decides to check out the restaurant, scoffs at its bizarre rules, menu and prices, then is converted into a fanatic fan as soon as the food makes contact with their mouth, rinse, repeat.

Forty Milleniums of Cultivation is a sci-fi cultivation xianxia. There are two ways to work magic and/or other weird poo poo into your worldbuilding. One, you can take whatever it is, let's say teleportation, and try to work out how it would affect the economy and the infrastructure and the society, etc. Two, you can just go "okay, so watches and computers and trains exist, but they run on Magic Energy now, it's the modern world but with magic users". FMoC goes the latter route, which I found a bit disappointing, but the worldbuilding is otherwise decent and what you'd expect from "near future sci-fi with mechas and combat ships and robots, etc, but also with cultivators". The author couldn't resist the temptation to make the protagonist a transmigrator from our world but it literally comes up once, when it saves him from being possessed and gives him his Obligatory Cheat Power, and he never thinks about it again for the entirety of the currently translated chapters. The story is decent so far and I like the characters, including the romantic interest. The one thing that worries me is that it's apparently an ongoing story with 3000+ loving chapters already written, which at the current translation rate of maybe ten chapters a week means it'd take, like, at least six years for this to get to the finish line. Stop padding, Chinese authors, yeesh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Autonomous Monster posted:

Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man, is a (deep breath) cross-dressing space opera xianxia isekai with mecha, for girls. And maybe a political intrigue aspect? There's a lot going on here. There's so much going on here that the blurb mentions events that have not yet happened, one hundred and fifty-two chapters in. 152 chapters and we're still in the prologue. I wouldn't call it slow-paced, exactly, but there's nothing here that couldn't be abbreviated if the meat of the story is much later on.

It's also kinda... gross? The setting's this horrific fascist dystopia where people are sorted into castes at birth based on their genetic potential and military service is the highest, only source of merit. Even the youngest of children are expected to solve all disputes by violence and form rigid hierarchies among themselves. But I'm not certain the author knows she's describing a dystopia?

Just sounds like your regular Young Adult novel, tbh.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
In 40K the MC and his love interest are actually about to have..... the sex. Gasp!

quote:

Ding Lingdang was dazed. Her eyes were filled with ripples, like a lake which had been stirred by spring breeze.

They stopped talking. Their eyes intertwined like four little snakes.

Quietness took over the place. It was a night with great moonlight.

Right now, actions indeed spoke louder than words.

Three minutes later…

"Wait!"

"Are you kidding me? What the hell are you doing?!"

"Stop your hand! And your mouth! Give me—two minutes!"

Li Yao almost gritted his teeth to pieces. He forced himself out of Ding Lingdang's octopus-like entanglement by inhuman determination, and, taking a deep breath to soothe himself, rushed out of the door as fast as he could.

Li Yao's speed was brought to maximum.

He had never run as fast before in his entire life.

Even when he encountered two demon generals in the Thunderous Sound Mountain, or when he was competing with twenty crystal suits in the Flying Crystal race, he had not been this fast.

After only 27 seconds, Li Yao stopped in front of the vending machine beside the gate of the neighborhood.

The vending machine of the Grand Desolate War Institution was clearly much more advanced than that in the underground ghost market of Floating Spear City. There was even a Puji Critter on the top of it as a shopping guide.

"What kind of civil magical equipment do you want, mister?"

The Puji Critter flew to the air and asked joyfully.

Li Yao didn't answer. He glanced through the closet and soon found the item that he was looking for.

However, there were so many kinds of it that his eyes were dazzled.

Seeing Li Yao's eyes which were exploding at any moment and the burning desire in his body, the Puji Critter analyzed him demand automatically.

"Why don't you try this one? This is the lightest, thinnest model in the entire federation that is refined out of the intestinal membrane of 'Nine-section Lantern Fish' with 49 working procedures.

"More importantly, it is luminous!

"As for this model, although it is refined out of natural rubber, it has more than ten tiny bladders in which almost a hundred super-tine rune arrays are stored. The rune arrays can trigger hot and cold feelings at the same time. Perfect sky-diving experience guaranteed.

"This is an ultra-solid model specially designed for Cultivators, especially battle-type Cultivators. It is ten times more stable and tensile than ordinary models. Even if you fail to control yourself at the critical moment and exert your full strength, it will still remain intact.

"Which model do you want, mister?"

Veins were bulging in Li Yao's forehead as he exclaimed, "Okay. I'll have one box of each!"

1 minute and 49 seconds later, he returned to Ding Lingdang's home.

His shoes had been grinded out of shape.

The invisible flames of hunger and irritation from Ding Lingdang seemed to be burning the entire house to the ground.

The aura of the two of them crashed in the middle of the air with cracking sounds.

Skulls of the demon beasts which had been placed on the desks, closets, and walls were all shivering.

Li Yao strode to the control rune arrays of the building and activated the muting rune array to maximum.

Whatever noises inside the room would not be heard by the outside world.

Li Yao seemed to have turned into a deadly animal. He was going to lunge at Ding Lingdang, when she made a leap forward and knocked him to the ground.

The two of them melded together like two clusters of magma.

"Let's do it!"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Also:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/plotline-to-all-17336005

Translated by StarveCleric posted:

The Plotline to All Xuanhuan Novels
Mar 3 at 4:32pm
Translated by StarveCleric
Taken from https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4313791635

Xuanhuan is nothing more than a glamorous cloak. If one were to strip away this outer layer, this is probably all there is to it.

---

The education system is split into several realms, namely Kindergarten, Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. Every realm can be subdivided into 3-5 tiers, and an unbreachable gap stood between each realm. However, such a gauging standard couldn't be applied to Xiao Ming.

Xiao Ming had never shown any particular talent when he was younger. But once, when he was playing in the fields, he suddenly felt a ray of light striking his back, and as if a Star of Wisdom had descended upon him, he was suddenly enlightened!

Xiao Ming was sent to the town's most prestigious kindergarten known as the "Heaven's Path Mathematics Hall" to study. No one could have imagined that the countryside bumpkin who had never gone through a single lesson in his life would actually score an astonishing 250 in his IQ test! Everyone couldn't help but recall that prophecy from a hundred years ago.

Xiao Hu should have been the most talented student in this kindergarten, but he swiftly found his position being stolen by Xiao Ming. Even Xiao Mei whom he fancied seemed to be interested in Xiao Ming as well. Thus, he challenged Xiao Ming to a "Death Math".

Xiao Ming might be talented, but he had barely started learning Math for ten days. How could he possibly compete up to Xiao Hu, who had been learning Math even when he was just a fetus inside his mother's womb? No one thought that Xiao Ming could win, and even Xiao Mei had persuaded Xiao Ming to give up.

However, the ever courageous Xiao Ming decisively accepted Xiao Hu's challenge! If he were to back down now, his "Pursuit for Knowledge" would be impeded. Touched by Xiao Ming's spirit, the security guard Old Master Wang secretly gave him a bronze-rank Math Cards and secretly taught him in the night.

In that Death Math, Xiao Ming and Xiao Hu turned out to be equally matched, shocking everyone. Forced to a corner, Xiao Hu took out his family heirloom, "Counting Rods"! Just when everyone thought that Xiao Ming would definitely lose, Xiao Ming actually managed to comprehend the true essence of Math and learned the "Hand-Leg Complementary Counting Art", thus making the breakthrough to "Kindergarten Grade 2" realm. With his newfound strength, he easily defeated the "Kindergarten Grade 1" realm Xiao Hu!

Xiao Ming's talent in Math was truly astonishing and enviable. Even in times of danger, he could easily turn the situation around!

When Xiao Ming reached Elementary School Grade 2, a secret realm, 【Math Olympiad Class】, emerged. The teachers would choose the most talented of students to participate in the session. The content taught there was extremely difficult, and if one were to let his guard down, he might just lose himself and die of stupidity! However, those who managed to persevere through would find themselves progressing immensely in their studies. Entering the depths of the secret realm, Xiao Ming managed to overcome numerous dangers, and when he finally came out, his Mathematics mastery had already reached the level of an Elementary School Grade 6. Even against a Middle School Grade 1, he would still be able to hold his ground!

Eventually, through his diligence and perseverance, Xiao Ming reached Middle School.

One day, while he was strolling through the library, he found a small notebook that was being used to prop up the legs of a table. Flipping it open, he realized that it was a Mathematics notebook! He couldn't tell whose notebook it was, but on the cover, he could vaguely discern the words "Hua... geng". As Xiao Ming flipped to the first page, the clouds flurried and a powerful gale blew. Xiao Ming's entirety was immediately absorbed into the content of the book. Three entire days he went without sleeping, just so to assimilate the knowledge in the depths of his mind. His academic ability surged all the way from Middle School pinnacle, nearly breaking through to High School.

Once, when Xiao Ming was attending a 【20 Days Seclusion Training Camp】, he found an equation being written on a toilet wall. That equation had been written there for a very long time. It was impossible to tell what kind of paint was used, but even the janitors were unable to clean it away. But despite the long years behind it, no one had been able to comprehend the true meaning behind this equation. Upon seeing this very equation, Xiao Ming suddenly fell into a state of deep thought. When the 20 Days Seclusion Training Camp was over and Xiao Ming failed to emerge, Xiao Ming's enemies thought that he had died and attempted to harm his kin and friends. However, after 81 days of rumination, Xiao Ming suddenly appeared once more. Using his newly acquired 【Three Variable Quadratic Equation Deciphering Technique】, he destroyed his enemies and exacted vengeance.

Xiao Ming thought that High School was the limit of one's academic ability, but who knew that one day, when the clouds flurried and a heavy gale blew, a mystical artifact suddenly descended to the world. Countless experts fought to gain possession of it, but by some stroke of luck, it ended up in Xiao Ming's hands. Taking a look——《Five Years of Gao Kao, Three Years of Prelims》. Only then did he realize the existence of College realm in this world. However, to reach that realm, one would have to undergo the tribulations of the world. To an ordinary mortal, the tribulation was only be limited to Mathematics. However, for an astounding genius like Xiao Ming, he had to undergo the Nine Tribulations of Language, Mathematics, English, History, Geography, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Politics. In order to reach higher grounds, Xiao Ming decided to cultivate for the other tribulations, but he wasn't able to find a way in.

One day, the security guard Old Master Wang suddenly descended from the heaven and nonchalantly taught Xiao Ming a couple of foreign words. Astonishingly, Xiao Ming was actually able to swiftly learn them. Stunned by Xiao Ming's incredible talent, he decided to accept Xiao Ming as his disciple, so he asked, "Are you willing to learn 【Literature】 from me?" Unable to comprehend what Literature was, Xiao Ming asked what was the relationship between Literature and Language of the tribulations.

Old Master Wang said, "Hmph! How can mere Language being to compare with Literature?" It turned out that due to a huge calamity in the past, all of the content regarding Literature had been restricted, and the classics had been burned to ashes, leaving only a portion of the heritage behind for the future generations to learn. On top of that, it was installed as one of the tribulations, thus preventing any mortal from successfully ascending to higher realms. However, if one were to master Literature, what would a mere Language tribulation count as?

Old Master Wang brought Xiao Ming to the Language realm and gave him a gold-ranked artifact——LeapFrog Tag. Xiao Ming's talent and hard work allowed him to make swift progress in his studies. Phrases that would have taken others ten days to learn and memorize, he would grasp within a single night. Just like that, he became a 【Dual Cultivator of Language and Mathematics】. Sometimes, when he found himself outclassed in his language, he would throw out a Mathematics question, "Why is six afraid of seven?" Making use of their momentary lapse in concentration, Xiao Ming would defeat them.

Xiao Ming traveled across the nine worlds and performed spectacularly in each of them. Eventually, he cleared the nine tribulations of Gao Kao and successfully entered college. But there, he saw his childhood sweetheart, Xiao Mei. In truth, Xiao Mei came from an extraordinary background. Her father used to be a demonic faction College student—Demon of the Electronic Keyboard. The demonic faction was namely divided into 【Music】,【Arts】, and 【Physical Education】. Even though they were able to reach College realm, they didn't come from the orthodox 【Academic Route】, so they were looked down upon by the members of the orthodox faction. When members of the orthodox faction encountered the demonic faction, they would have to tear each other apart. Nevertheless, this didn't stop Xiao Ming from falling into deep love with Xiao Mei. For Xiao Mei, he degenerated into the demonic faction as well, and together, they learnt the arts of the demonic faction, 【Flute Blowing Technique】, 【Art of Body Tracing】, and 【World Reversal Mighty Push Up】.

Xiao Ming thought that College realm was the very peak, but how could he have known that there was still a Postgraduate realm. Unlike College realm, one could only choose a single path in Postgraduate realm. Having learned all kinds of supreme art, Xiao Ming was unable to decide which one to further pursue. Falling deep into contemplation, Xiao Ming even neglected to bathe. One day, he became so smelly that he couldn't take it anymore, so he went to the male dormitory toilet to bathe. There, he accidentally dropped his soap, so he bent down to pick it up. At that moment, everything before him suddenly cleared up. "Why can't I become as smooth and wholesome as a soap? All I have to do is to wash everything clean while merging them together!" It was that day when Xiao Ming comprehended the great law of the universe 【Philosophy】. Shattering the void, he turned into a Star of Wisdom, in seek of another young boy.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
*furtively looks around*

*in a whisper*

The traditional Chinese outfits in these things are kinda samey and boring.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
is there a meta-story about the fatty and his inter-dimensional shenanigans yet

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
something something daoistgate

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's a 'problem' like violence in video games is a problem.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I decided to give Coiling Dragon a read and the Western names the author picks are hilarious.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The new chapter of Release That Witch is the first POV from one of the other races in the world. On one hand, cool. On the other, whoever's translating it (by cleaning up the machine translations) got obviously overwhelmed by the new terminology, like in chapter where he described the new witches as 'sarcomas' instead of 'blobs'. This time, among other things, he doesn't know the difference between 'pheromones' and 'genes'.

Sigh. I wish RTW's translation was cleaner, so I wouldn't have to warn people about it every time I want to recommend it.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 3, 2018

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Piell posted:

I started reading Release That Witch and within like 2 chapters, with absolutely zero evidence, the main character decided the church was absolutely corrupt and that witches were actually really good and nice.

I mean, his first impression of them is them burning someone at a stake for poo poo and giggles.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So in 'Am I a God?', which is a new release on Qidian, a magic meteor flew over Earth or whatever and now (some?) cats have superpowers and our protagonist was bitten by his cat just as the meteor flew by, so now he can talk to the now human-level intelligent supercats and gain use of their powers if they acknowledge him as their human. And of course, there is the usual reality gamification aspect, where he now gets cat-related missions and experience in a special book in his head and gets to level up himself and his cats.

As you can tell from this description, this is shaping up to be a masterpiece.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Does he gently caress any cats

Please tell me he doesn't gently caress (or otherwise romance) any cats or cat-turned-humanoids.

He seems to love his cat in the regular sort of way, but he doesn't seem to want to gently caress cats. So far, at least.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

As a rule of thumb you shouldn't be reading stories where the protagonist is contemplating raping slaves.

Yeah, such limp wristed wishy-washiness shows a contemptible lack of will.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Cat story update: Still no cat-loving. Protagonist is throwing (super-power acquired) money around in ways that makes it obvious the author is poor as gently caress. Cats are kinda cute. Also, this loving typo, hahaha: 'Zhao Yao shook his head and replied, "Don't force the isXiaoe, dude. If she doesn't like you, why continue pestering her?"' How the gently caress does that even happen!?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

When I was back in undergrad, the Victorian tendency to omit references to the unspeakable vice of the Greeks from their translations was considered a bad thing and a sign weakness in their beliefs. It's a bit weird to see that sort of behavior come roaring back as a sign of wokeness.

Chinese nationalism has been around in some form for millenia. If you can't bear to even mention it in their own works, you're not really engaging with the other culture.

It's a bit pathetic, yeah.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Don’t be to hard on the guy jeez everyone makes a lovely dumb post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7kUc5RcMqc

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

This desperation is getting sad

Yyyyyyyyyyyyeah.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Furious Lobster posted:

say variations of Baka and laugh maniacally

are you saying this is not an accurate representation of the Japanese culture

https://kotaku.com/a-five-year-collection-of-anime-women-going-ohoho-1824158176

Megazver fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The Chinese do it as well, it seems. Release the Witch has a few chapters like that.