Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Pissflaps posted:

I think this might be the best series of The Apprentice ever.

It's getting better. I think the season with Cluff will be tough to topple. Better than last years for sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Robnoxious posted:

Buying the child-sized Indian dress was great outside of the box thinking.

Sugar seems to change how strict he is on items every season. Sometimes out-the-box thinking gets the candidate a right bollocking. Getting a paper anatomical skeleton springs to mind...

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Robnoxious posted:

Perhaps, but she hasn't been the root cause of the failures that seem to revolve around her lately. She concocted a snappy jingle on the fly for the crowd fund but it was the PM that duffed it completely with the old man and his DEATH MIME CAR and also leaving her in the lurch with the pricing pitch that was exactly the same.

There's plenty of twats that need a cab ride home before Francis and that's more on them because they are terrible.

I think you've confused the two teams there. Francis was on the choir team, not the mime team. But I agree, she is actually one of the less dumb ones.

Robnoxious posted:

I remember the paper skeleton and I thought that was a brilliant dodge since it was still anatomically correct. Unless I forgot a piece of the drama, they actually put the paper skeleton together right? If they just threw down an unassembled bag of paper parts then yeah, but I seem to remember the former and Lrdalun got all pissy about it.

Like the other guy said, in some seasons it would have been hailed as genius thinking. I remember one of the winners from a previous season, Ruth I think her name was, having an interview and complaining that they are actually given a lot of false information in tasks so that cock-ups are inevitable.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Rondette posted:

Haha yep!! Also '100 chickens for 100 pizzas' and '6 million cat owners in the UK' calendar pitch. Good times.

I still think my most favourite ever Apprentice moment is in series 1- Saira and James losing their poo poo over the hideous wolf fleeces they were going to have to sell on live tv. It's such a genuine, silly and nice moment that doesn't seem to happen on the show any more. Honestly if you don't even have a chuckle at this I don't really know what to say
https://youtu.be/xd2Y8VdkZ68

Yeah the first few seasons were loving awesome. Paul and Tre do stick in the memory.

My personal highlight has to be when Simon Andrews was doing the teleshopping task and screwing on the trampoline handle next to his crotch...

Get a load of this rear end in a top hat
(about 2 minutes in...)

Manic X fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 17, 2016

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I've not been this upset with a firing since Jason Leech...

Big K didn't have to win the process, but I'd have kept him for entertainment factor up until the Interviews.

Is Francis a brummie?

If so she is the best candidate on the show to come from my backyard.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Sugar seems to have already made his mind up about Dillon tbh...

If his team loses next week I'm certain he will go...

He will be project manager as I think he is the only one who hasn't done it yet?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I must admit, I wasn't expecting Samuel to get fired.

On the one hand Sugar was complaining about Big K upping the price... and then on the other hand he was complaining that Samuel sold it for the retail price... I'm also pretty sure Samuel sold the most from his team. Surely it should have been Courtney or the other one who should have been fired since they were tasked with selling the high ticket items and they spent the first hour or so ignoring the public completely.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I watched the first few, but it's a bit lame this year.

e: you're fired I mean

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Sofian won't make it past the interviews. He's the weakest candidate left.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

josh04 posted:

He's a nutter and they're all afraid of him.

How convenient that the last guy to be as fiesty to Sugar was also called Paul.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Courtney is the most dull person to ever appear on this show.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Even if you was genuinely clever, it'd be difficult to prove it in the show's current format as you have to stand out to not be fired. I think I'd find it too hard to be in such a toxic environment.

(that's why I mainly post in the TV IV forums)

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

There are no stand-out candidates in the final five. Whoever wins this I will be disappointed. They are all shocking.

I'm surprised Sugar didn't have more to say about Colony Gin with a picture of Africa. That has absolutely no positive connotations - coupled with the story of pillaging places for their spices to bring back to the Great British Empire. Awful.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

gret posted:

I still can't tell Jessica and Grainne apart.

They are like polar-opposite. One is like a Cbeebies presenter, the other is a resting bitch face.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

He farted in a lift.
It was wrong on so many levels...

I just noticed you have Claude and Claudette in the interviews. Is Claude, French for shrewd?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I'm half-contemplating living aboad just so I can own a home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Paperhouse posted:

well thanks to Brexit you're not allowed, you have to stay here with all of us. Sorry.

Jokes on you; I moved to Vietnam a few weeks after Brexit.

Jokes on me; I need surgery and will return to England next year to sponge the NHS before it dies.

-

Both businesses were boring. At least Sugar can sweeten up the cake business...

• Locked thread