Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Booyah- posted:

Xrd Sign players won't find this thread. Please add Xrd to title.

What's sign? I don't see any Sign being run anywhere. I don't think it exists. :haw:

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Smoking Crow posted:

I know it's common knowledge here that Samurai Shodown V Special is the best samsho, but I see a lot more support both online and in arcade for Samurai Shodown 2. Why is this? Is it because there are less obscure system mechanics?

partially the system mechanics being so complicated but mostly it's just because it came out in 2004 as a japanese only release, a time when people overall gave the least possible gently caress about 2d fighting games

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Endorph posted:

lol, did he seriously think the piano was giving him an unfair advantage or what
Nothing like that no, just "oh sick this guy is playing on a piano!"

I also don't think that's actually why the bracket ran so slow. It was probably more that AH3 only had two setups and the TO didn't know how to run a bracket (always prioritize losers side matches).

SectumSempra posted:

Keep away

Like keep away from him

also he is a keep away character who had pretty huge dead zones with poor reversal options, poor ground based movement options and a handful of exquisitely lovely match ups, had holes in his oki and kept getting changes that weren't quite benefiting him.

Like the literal summary of his character on Dustloop during CPE at least was more or less "everything you do is a risk/reward where the risks outweigh the rewards"

Apparently CF changed that but I've yet to see it in action against his problem characters, (everyone who can rush in and has good oki, some of whom got hilariously lol additions like Jins snowflake. I mean he already had 3 dps and 2 speeds of fireball, decent damage so he never quite was a friend)

Or the new ones who just look grossly fun.

I mainly play him because I can't get my brain to work puppets (especially not carl).

His new normals and fireball REALLY made some sort of fantastic difference or so I've heard so you may have to just watch some BB to get a general idea of his gameplan than wait out and see what gets developed for CF.
I don't really care if he sucks, I'm not gonna enter tournaments for this game so it doesn't matter. I don't feel like anyone else in the game looks fun to play (kinda on the fence about Amane tbh but he looks the closest to "fun" that BB has to offer).

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kirby Superscare! posted:

How do you pronounce Xrd? Zerd? Eckserd?

eggs hard

greats
Sep 29, 2016

Smoking Crow posted:

I know it's common knowledge here that Samurai Shodown V Special is the best samsho, but I see a lot more support both online and in arcade for Samurai Shodown 2. Why is this? Is it because there are less obscure system mechanics?

first of all it's not common knowledge, SS5SP is a great game, but SS2 is just as good, they play very differently so you can't say one is straight better than the other (SS1 also gets some burn in JP)

there's a very specific reason for the popularity thing though. SS5 / SS5SP were developed by yuki enterprises (now known as Examu). Licensed by SNK, this game received essentially no advertisement, probably a limited run arcade release, and a very limited NEOGEO release

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Special never even got a home release besides on AES. That Samsho collection on ps2 and wii had every single game except 5S

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

greats posted:

first of all it's not common knowledge, SS5SP is a great game, but SS2 is just as good, they play very differently so you can't say one is straight better than the other (SS1 also gets some burn in JP)

there's a very specific reason for the popularity thing though. SS5 / SS5SP were developed by yuki enterprises (now known as Examu). Licensed by SNK, this game received essentially no advertisement, probably a limited run arcade release, and a very limited NEOGEO release

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the deliveryman run in and throw a bomb at someone blocking, I immediately thought no one would ever play this game competitively

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Susano'o is such a weird character. You need to always be watching his skills because any hit you that isn't drive moves the drat bar forward and it could gently caress you up hard. Idk if this character's gonna be that practical but he's fun.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Man, I used to think I was pretty good at Xrd Sign, I never played online but could select random characters and slaughter my fighting game friends head to head 99% of the time. Now in Revelator I just suck, which is pretty disheartening because (coming from not playing Sign for months and months and months) it really seems like not enough has changed to justify how badly I'm getting my rear end kicked sometimes.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I'll add you. I'm trying to get to a baseline level of competence with any character before I play online matches. Found an hour long Ky tutorial which should help.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I've got a copy of Rev PS3 but I just can't get into it. Maybe I just need more anime to enjoy an airdasher.

I enjoyed the small amount of UNIEL I played. Honestly liked it more than Rev.

I'm hype as hell for Central Fiction. I wasn't going to buy since there's no EN dub but Susanoo looks hella neat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why can't you get into it

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I just haven't found a character I liked I guess. Akatsuki's 6C is super satisfying to use, I learned to love Hakumen because CT's 6B was him just stepping on a dude.

But in Rev, I just don't know what to play. I sort of liked Baiken and Robo-Ky for a bit in AC but they're not around any more.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Mysticblade posted:

I just haven't found a character I liked I guess. Akatsuki's 6C is super satisfying to use, I learned to love Hakumen because CT's 6B was him just stepping on a dude.

But in Rev, I just don't know what to play. I sort of liked Baiken and Robo-Ky for a bit in AC but they're not around any more.

Bad news. In uniel aka is easily the worst character in the game.

Good news. He's swole as hell in uniest.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
interro posts like crazy about uniel but never wants to play it

wtf interro

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Sounds like you enjoy characters with buff af normals and who are god awful

Play potemkin

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there anyone at high level BB who is messing around with Susano'o right now? I need to see what this character looks like in the hands of someone competent.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Mysticblade posted:

Have you tried my good brain dead friend Sin.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

General Morden posted:

interro posts like crazy about uniel but never wants to play it

wtf interro

I don't play fgs anymore tbh

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I'll add you. I'm trying to get to a baseline level of competence with any character before I play online matches. Found an hour long Ky tutorial which should help.

Just Play (plus anything you practice will go right out the window in a real match at first). And I think a lot of us don't mind playing against complete newbies; it's fun spinning up a new player and watching them learn.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

I don't play fgs anymore tbh

does anyone really

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for the two people that still care about blazblue lore, there's files on cf's disk that indicate jubei will be a dlc character

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I am a big dumb idiot that thinks BB's story is loving rad as hell, is there a good lore wiki somewhere that compiles it well?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

food court bailiff posted:

I am a big dumb idiot that thinks BB's story is loving rad as hell, is there a good lore wiki somewhere that compiles it well?

A little before Central Fiction released, someone wrote this massive document that describes virtually every single event in every Blazblue related media up to CF's story mode. Ironically, the summaries of what happens in the actual games are relatively short, the vast majority of it is backstory.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

for the two people that still care about blazblue lore, there's files on cf's disk that indicate jubei will be a dlc character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNy6CPtV8g

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 9, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

Huh, cool. There's definitely a spot for him on the character select screen. Now who is gonna go in the other one? Kajun? Bloodedge? Alpha? Who else could they add at this point?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

If they gave Bloodedge a different drive but similiar normals, I would really enjoy that. I like playing Ragna but I've played him too much.

Of course there's always the joke option of Linhua! Did she even appear in CP?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She didn't and she's only in the ending cutscene of CF.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kiri, maybe? Just to complete the 'reps from every spinoff' thing. On the other hand I don't think anyone in the world called about Lost Memories, and SPOILERS nine is the protagonist of that game anyway.

let's play a game where i list the names of major characters from blazblue spinoffs and you tell me which of them i just made up

Seven
Meifang Lapislazuli
Four
Kiro Hikigami
Chachakaka
Spinner Superior
Nobody
Shiori Kirihito
Brain Cat
Me
Freaks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's gonna be Trinity, probably just to round out the six heroes. Or Kazuma if they want to go hard on topping the number of Murakumos with the number of Terumis.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Everyone is either Ragna, Noel, or Hazama.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well we've got three Hakumens and three Terumis. And up to five Noels/Sayas depending on who you define as who.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LightningKimba posted:

Everyone is either Ragna, Noel, or Hazama.

Everyone being Ragna would be Kingdom Hearts; I think there is actually only one Ragna still.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think everyone wants more Ragnas because Bloodedge and Alpha are characters, but it seems like Mori doesn't which might be for the best

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wet your whistlers mother posted:

I think everyone wants more Ragnas because Bloodedge and Alpha are characters, but it seems like Mori doesn't which might be for the best
i think mori very much wants alpha, if you catch my drift

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

giogadi posted:

Just Play (plus anything you practice will go right out the window in a real match at first). And I think a lot of us don't mind playing against complete newbies; it's fun spinning up a new player and watching them learn.

I just mean figuring out what pokes/anti-airs to use and how to combo in knockdown. Properly configuring my buttons has also helped a lot haha. Arenafps has taught me that getting beat down by better players is usually a learning experience (except on aerowalk) so I'm definitely interested in just playing. More fun than exclusively training mode grinding anyway.
I feel like I've been able to grasp everything a lot better since watching some of the recently linked tutorials and flailing around against my friends for a bit. I feel like I'm actually making progress and like learning combos is actually doable even though my execution still sucks. I'm better prepared to spam my scrub friends to death with Eddie come next weekend too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

i think mori very much wants alpha, if you catch my drift

Same

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

mycot posted:

Everyone being Ragna would be Kingdom Hearts; I think there is actually only one Ragna still.

Isn't Naoto's background similar to Ragna's? I know he at least is associated with a vampire, and has a prototype version of the Soul Eater drive...?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
someone play PC xrd with me tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LightningKimba posted:

Isn't Naoto's background similar to Ragna's? I know he at least is associated with a vampire, and has a prototype version of the Soul Eater drive...?

Naoto isn't A Ragna, he's just some poser.

• Locked thread