Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Excited for the double rapier, double persona user Orie/Mitsuru team.

I'm going to be disappointed if she doesn't have dialogue with the P4 cast about that, actually. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I wish it was 3v3 so you could have the full team rapier

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Where the gently caress is Adachi

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dead and gone because they needed to get the base P4A cast in the game over everything else

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'm glad that this game can still gravely disappoint me even after revealing the gameplay is really cool by asking people to spend money on loving mika instead of literally anyone else. I hate when things don't meet up to my initial expectations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mika is the only dlc character I'm buying

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chaotic Flame posted:

I wish it was 3v3 so you could have the full team rapier

:same:

If only you could run Mitsuru plus two two-third Mitsuru knockoffs.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
rwby more like cmyk am i right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Es is very my poo poo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
smfh at no Enkidu

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Based on people's excitement here I might pick this up. I found Guilty Gear Xrd a little too overwhelming when I played it, but I've put a lot of time into DBFZ so I'm a little more confident in my execution at the very least.

Although the only characters I recognise are the RWBY girls, so I imagine I'm just playing them.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I might actually buy this dumb game now that I know Merkava will be in it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Waldstein/chie looks like a fun combo. I'm hype.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
where's yuzuriha :smith:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Lessail posted:

where's yuzuriha :smith:

On the last page?

https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/995892256786866176

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Here's something if you ever want a quick look at the roster (including leaks):

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Oh I thought the wikipedia page had all of them listed

Looks like I'm going to buy this game

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Countblanc posted:

smfh at no Enkidu

Just play Azrael, he's similar but actually good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just realised the people who played Gordeau or Merkava in UNIEL no longer have to choose, and can just run both. :unsmigghh:

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

That's right, I can play Mr. Too drat Cool to put both his hands in his pockets plus pool noodle monster. Y'all gonna die.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

I just realised the people who played Gordeau or Merkava in UNIEL no longer have to choose, and can just run both. :unsmigghh:

I'm blocking anybody I see running this

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm blocking anybody I see running this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiXImbWQbNM&t=86s

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5KsVHRVOBA&t=459s iz dis real?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Japan just can't get over it's love of the most boring characters.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
who are asuka and yumi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anime was right posted:

who are asuka and yumi

Google says senran karuga characters but they seem like common enough names so i dont 100% trust it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

Google says senran karuga characters but they seem like common enough names so i dont 100% trust it

if they wanted tiddy ninjas they should have asked tecmo

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

anime was right posted:

if they wanted tiddy ninjas they should have asked tecmo

stop, you are gonna curse us into having honoka and marie rose next.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

It's been removed. What was it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chaotic Flame posted:

It's been removed. What was it?

Voice files for character select screen with senran karuga names

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hi! I am terrible at the neutrals game involved in stuff like Street Fighter and want to give airdashers a shot. Unfortunately I don't live somewhere where there's much of an FGC at all. What's the best place to start and what do people actually play enough of so I can get into them without having local play? I see there's a new BlazBlue coming out in a week or so...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

Hi! I am terrible at the neutrals game involved in stuff like Street Fighter and want to give airdashers a shot. Unfortunately I don't live somewhere where there's much of an FGC at all. What's the best place to start and what do people actually play enough of so I can get into them without having local play? I see there's a new BlazBlue coming out in a week or so...

Get on the goon discord you'll find an opponent for whatever game youre into and they usually give good advice if you ask too. I think the link is in one of the fg thread op's.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Hey I've never played fighting games before and I'm trying out guilty gear. Playing it with a ps4 controller on the pc, I'm doing the missions and I've hit a brick wall on mission 8; I just can't seem to get the sacred edge combo out in time after the hit confirm, any tips on getting faster at it?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Helps using longer moves that give you more time for the input if you're new. For example, for that mission I'd do something like K>S>2d into the sacred edge only if the first 3 things hit. If you really are worried about quickness, the execution is a little tougher but you can save yourself a little time by buffering the input for the first quarter circle forward in the move before it. Like in the thing I posted above, you do a 236 (quarter circle forward) where you press D while you hit the 2 (the down button), so that you then only have to do 236P during the hit stun of the 2D to make the sacred edge come out.

Hope that's readable, I know the vocabulary is a little imposing if you're new to the genre.

Also, some of the Guilty Gear missions are hard as hell and they're also not linear in difficulty, so don't feel bad if you skip around on them. (e.g mission 12 or something, do a 3 frame reversal. mission 50, press the burst button. I mean, I'm not sure about the numbers, but you get the idea).

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 3, 2018

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks! Another problem I'm having is on the dpad is I'm finding doing bottom quarter circles (for sacred edge) really easy while facing left, but nearly impossible facing right. It's inexplicable since I'm doing the exact same motion but with a different arrow.

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 4, 2018

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
go into training mode and turn on the input display. It is the same motion, but it is slightly different mechanically for your hand.

You may actually be missing the diagonal without realizing it or maybe your button timing is off.

I used to have a weird problem for doing HCF on the 1p side, where I'd manage to miss the left diagonal somehow. I had to consciously hit that left diagonal until I could do it in a real match without worrying about it.

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Ok so I want to buy blazblue. Where will I find the deepest community? I guess it will be pc...

Switch would be fun just so I'd have portable fighting. . .

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ps4 will probably have the biggest community,but switches will be pretty healthy too. The beta lobbies were surprisingly busy on switch

edit: The PC version is missing a bunch of functionality at launch, thats probably gonna scare some people that would otherwise get it on the PC off to the other two platforms

edit: I have to bring my car in for scheduled maintenance at the dealership next week and I'm gonna bring my Switch+BBTag. Gonna be dope.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 4, 2018

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Word. Thanks for the tips. I could grab it on ps4 but man...so nice to have it portable.

Surprised to hear that the PC version will like a bunch of functionality. Actually maybe I'm not that surprised. Japanese devs seem to look at the PC platform as a third world citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Evidently its literally one guy handling the pc port and some modes wont make launch. Reminds me of DOA last round tbh

• Locked thread