Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

time to hop in the lab with street fighter v *throws game into the trash can*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Whats the tier list for revelator currently look like I ain't been paying attention.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

And that's why I like Leo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you can have hold to tech and no blitz battles when i get ac slayer back

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

You get used to how he moves really fast.

him and slayer. It really doesn't take long until they feel agile and fluid.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You say this and yet Elphelt 5k has 90% prorate.

7 frame start up and kind of short range. it hits low and isn't the slowest thing in the world so it gets some proration, but not as much as an actual 2k, or elphelts own 2k, which has faster start up and longer reach.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I know. it's mostly to do with the boxes on it tho.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so they basically "slayer'ed" dizzy then?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

good, i really like p4a, i could do with more of that

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you've just got to learn the timing, and remember that this timing is different for the two knockdown/stand up animations

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

everyone is baiting non-meter reversals like 99% of the time in this game anyway.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

finally, guilty gear has a ninja for people who aren't mental

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nooooooooooooooo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

General Morden posted:

maybe he gave you a round, out of pity

haha you think FAB is capable of pity

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

If sparrowhawk had a single hit of armor against everything Axl would all of a sudden have a hell of a lot of 9-1 or 10 - 0 matchups.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So... can you only cancel the stance into the follow ups if the stance catches something, or is the start up of the followups slow enough that only certain things at certain spacings can be punished?

So far this just sounds like they a) allowed Baiken to use her guard cancel specials outside of guard cancels and b) made it more complicated (tho not by much) to perform. Neither of which address the "problem" if Baiken being wildly different from everyone else to pressure/attack.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Is it not possible to link the 214K chemical love when certain characters are falling or do I just need to do the instant air dash faster?

https://gfycat.com/ThatSlightAnemonecrab

I'm not sure but I'd guess your VCL isn't coming out fast enough to get the fast fall VCL. If that's true, I'm not sure why it's true.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is dizzy one of the ones normal jump iad jk js hits on but super jump iad is preferred on?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this kills the baiken

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Leo changes are flat out nerfs, and Raven is now a total non-character.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

doesn't get oki without at least level 3 excitement and he can only cancel into scratch (and have it hit) off of like one normal now

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I dunno what a "good" bedman is like but every badman I've ever played against online will eat throws all day every day.

Probably best not to listen to me tho.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmbo poor slayer

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

do japanese players really hate Slayer or something?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I don't understand why Slayer has to be the dude locked behind 50% meter (or a counter hit off a "bad" special or an anti-air that no one is going to give you) in order to do anything at all.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh man it would be just awful if slayer was still like this just the worst

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

maybe nerfing his hitboxes, frame data, air dash, counter hits, mixups and supers without compensating him in any way was going too far?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Going from playing a character who feels "complete" to playing the same character after most of them has been stripped out and thrown into someones garbage bin isn't fun.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Didn't feel like slayer was a complete character until accent core.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm super bad actually. Just awful.

But I play Leo so maybe the strength of the character isn't what i'm complaining about here?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I'm extremely convinced this is you

This person appears to be retarded.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

jump over the lightening or jump and block the lightening until you get into range to poke at him

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah, pogo misses at point blank. The command grab (not really a command grab), or just mash normal throw, would have been better.

at your skill level you should just be mashing normal throw on wakeup when the other player is that close. it'll win every time, and it'll be on him to learn how to deal with it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyone got any good footage of answer or baiken i know it's probably too early for them to look like anything but trash but my youtube searches aren't working and i'm retarded

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

thanks guys

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Baiken seems super solid despite the heavy changes to her "counter" mechanics.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

do we know the price for the steam upgrade/version yet?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Jubei is married to the tiddy witch. his daughter made tager, and taokaka is a messed up genetic experiment/clone of him.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

finally, blazblue has added another masculine character to the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

pc when

• Locked thread