Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm torn. I want to get CF but I can't find it used anywhere near me. I don't want to get it new and support the lack of a dub in the final entry of a series that always had a dub. The unique, in-match dialogue is one of the things that kept me coming back to BB since it was such a nice touch and now it's just moonspeak that I don't understand. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, I'm trying to pick up Nine in BB and am just not sure what to do with her in neutral. I've got a few BnBs ready that will build a spell I need in the combo itself, so it doesn't matter what I'm starting with but I just don't know what to do with her in neutral. I'm not sure how to confirm the hits I'm getting into combos or really what her game plan is to open people up.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

burger time posted:

mostly just teleport around like an idiot until you get a hit. if theyre trying to throw projectiles from far away, 214C. if theyre rushing you down, antiair with 6a or 6c. 3C is a long range low that you can convert into a combo. poke with 5bb. youre trying to land hits/make them block so you can get spells and use that to open them up / reset pressure. kunzite/rock is a fast overhead that will open bad players up all day.

the other nice thing about nine is that the blockstrings that build rock is also the combo into rock.

Not sure how I missed this but thanks! I definitely wasn't teleporting enough.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

CharlestonJew posted:

If you ever do want to play some BB hit me up, UltimateZAR on PSN. I just got the game myself so we can scrub it out together

Same. Theguy2687 on PSN. My Nine is garbage but I'll play!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Bridget would get me to finally cave and get back into GG

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

darealkooky posted:

only way I'd be ok with buri coming back before anyone else is if this is timeskip buri who's gone through puberty & become super manly to ruin the joke

I would also be ok with this.

BBCF question - what are the little medals you win after a lobby match? I can intuit what some of them mean like "The Switcher" for winning one round in the set but I have no idea what the others mean like "3 steps ahead" or "Crimson Flames." Is there anywhere to see what the requirements are for each?

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 1, 2017

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

they nerfed gordeau into the ground in uniest

I thought everyone got buffs to match the crazy instead of nerfs.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

idk why MegaMix didn't post it here, but there's a goon PS4 BBCF thing going down in a few hours if that sounds like your cup of tea

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/DX223gjD8J

Is this a regular thing?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

punk rebel ecks posted:

Since someone asked about it before, Punch the Ballot will be this Thursday at 9pm Central.

Blazblue: Central Fiction (PS3/PS4) won again.

You can sign up for the tournament here.

That was me and I'm gonna miss it. :(

Where do you vote?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What the hell is "Casual"?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Garnavis posted:

How do y'all find lobbies for Rev2? I've been trying to play online but there's literally zero in my region (New England I guess? The one closest to NYC).

Discord is your go-to if you're not playing a new release or DBFZ, SFV, Tekken

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is it weird that I'm a little mad that cross tag battle got an English dub while Central Fiction remains undubbed? It's just a slap in the face that there's only one undubbed game in the series and it's the one that concludes the story and has the most in-battle interactions.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, actually watched the anime ascension tourny and now I'm super hyped for BBXTag. I didn't realize everyone had multiple assists they can use midfight.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Mysticblade posted:

Speaking of the Cross Tag Battle beta, it's an open beta and it's out on Switch right now. You'll need to be on an American account but the lag is fine as an Australian player playing over there.

If you were on the fence about Cross Tag Battle and wanted to give it a shot, now's a good time. It's open beta, so you don't need to pay anything and the game has been pretty stable for me so far. I'm enjoying it, especially since I haven't seen any Nu's around. I don't think she's in the open beta, so that's cool.

She should be. I've used her a few times on PS4 at least.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm loving how quick matches go. I love a good DBFZ slugfest too but sometimes you just want to get a few quick rounds in.

I'm glad there seems to be mostly positive feedback about the game. I hope it gets super popular in the tag scene and not just relegated to "anime game"

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I mean, dbfz is the tag scene these days

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What are the already announced dlc characters? I keep getting speculation when I search.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I wish it was 3v3 so you could have the full team rapier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

It's been removed. What was it?

• Locked thread