Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010



i don't remember the end of this trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.


There's barely any speculation, though that's understandable since the last thread already covered this trial. Hopefully by Chapter 3 there will be more activity in the thread.
Good luck FP Zero!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: After she killed the first victim in the music room...
: What did Girl E do?
: She just broke the window in the music room and escaped outside.
: So how did Girl E get from outside the school to the front of the music room?
: To go back to the music room from outside...you need to go through the entrance hall.
: Plus, at the entrance hall...the other four girls should have been there.
: At the entrance hall, the girls...
: ...heard the sound of the window shattering...
: How was she able to get past those four...
: ...and wait in front of the music room?
: She probably used a hidden passageway!
: Twilight's Hidden Passageway is the world's beeeeest!

What Girl E did after the murder in the music room... I need to find the clue that will clarify that.

: It seems unlikely that Girl E actually escaped through the window, so maybe we should turn our attention to a different aspect of the story. There was something else we found that could have substituted for the loud noise of the window.



> Shoot "window shattering" with "Broken Vase Photo"









: First of all, the sound the girls heard wasn't the window breaking.
: If it wasn't the window...then what broke to make that sound?
: A vase.
: Vase!? How low can you go!?
: After the murder, a broken vase was discovered in the classroom next to the music room.



: So the sound of breaking glass that the four girls heard wasn't the music room's window... It was the sound of the vase breaking...probably.
: Actually, the murder was nearly finished by the time the four girls met in the entrance hall. Girl E killed the victim in the music room, broke the window, and went to the office to get the key... With that key, she locked the music room from the hallway, returned the key to the office...and went back to wait in front of the music room. All she had to go was break the vase in the next-door classroom as the four girls met by the entrance hall...
: To make them think the murder had just occurred...and that the killer had just escaped...!
: So, when the four of them ran over after they heard the sound, Girl E acted like she had just rushed over, too.
: I-I see! Now the mystery has been solved!





: Wait a minute! The mystery hasn't been solved yet! You haven't determined what the murder weapon was yet!

...Murder weapon?

: Who cares about the murder weapon? We found out who the killer was!
: Noooot cool! I went to all the trouble of making this death march, so you gotta stick with it to the end!
: What the heck? You're *so* annoying!



: Fine, let's figure out the weapon. If this keeps up, I'm gonna feel like I need to poo poo...
: ...Which means I'll feel disgusting!!!
: You're the disgusting one.
: Puhuhu, the weapon is pretty unconventional. The answer was revealed in the game though... Noooow then, will you guys be able to figure it out!?

A unconventional weapon...that also appeared in the game... If we're told we can't advance as long as we don't make that clear... Then I have to do it. I'll do it.



: Hmm...what do you think the weapon is? I have no idea. ...Was I out-of-line just now? Now then, there's something I needed to tell you regarding the white noise in the Nonstop Debates. Some lines of white noise are actually very durable... You won't always destroy them in one shot. Durable white noise will chip away every time you shoot them with the silencer. But unless you completely destroy them, your time limit will not b replenished.
: It appears the debate is getting tougher sooooo...I've obtained some very useful information. I heard there's a guy named Gun...something. Apparently he has a skill that can increase the power of the silencer... Gun-something...I wonder who it is? ...Was I out-of-line just now? Well then...good luck, and have fun!
: This is a slight alteration to the white noise mechanic. It's not really a huge deal in the end. The time returned to you for shooting white noise is generally related to the number of times you have to shoot the noise. You'll get 1 seconds for 1 shot, 2 seconds for 2 shots, etc. The game is also not so subtly hinting that the skill you get for doing all of Gundham's Free Times makes it so all white noise only takes 1 shot again.







: A weapon inside the music room, huh...?
: What about broken glass!?
: Isn't the cause of death a blow to the head?
: Then she attacked her with the fish tank!
: That's too big to be a weapon...
: Then the piano...
: Why are you going even bigger...?
: The investigation conducts universal chaos...
: It's on that big a scale, too!?
: How about beating her with gravel instead?
: If it's a weapon that was used to beat them to death...
: It should've had bloodstains.
: Was there a weapon with bloodstains on it?
: She beat her to death with her fists!

An unconventional weapon... Apparently it appeared in the game but...

: This drat answer. I know Monokuma said "unconventional" but this is some bullshit adventure game logic. Like I know Twilight Syndrome Murder Case is based off of these but seriously this is some mental gymnastics answer. Think of the weirdest combination of Truth Bullet + statement to shoot. Go on, take a moment and do it. I'll wait.

...

: You're probably still wrong.



> Shoot "beating her with gravel" with "Stolen School Swimsuit"





: I had to look this one up first time I played because it made no sense to me. I know all the parts are there, such as the fish tank and swimsuit but I dunno. Maybe I'm just dumb.





: I got it... The killer must've used gravel to attack the victim.
: My goodness...I got it right... And I was just throwing things out there...
: Tahaaa! Just as I thought, I'm chosen by the gods!



: You're not chosen at all and gravel is impossible! It's too small to be a weapon!
: What if the gravel was put inside some sort of bag?
: A bag...what kind of bag?
: If the weapon is something that appeared in the game, then so is the bag... And the only thing I can think of is the school swimsuit!



: If you tie the swimsuit like a bag and stuff it full of gravel, it'd make an effective weapon.
: Gravel *inside* the swimsuit!? Even the ace attorney would be astonished by such a fantastic idea!
: But for the killer, it's an idea that kills two birds with one stone! To make people think the killer is some pervert, it'd make sense for a school swimsuit to be stolen... And if that swimsuit was used to make an improvised weapon, it'd have to be disposed of later.
: How about it, Monokuma... Are you satisfied now?
: This happiness you feel when the mystery you create is solved... Only producers know this feeling of ecstasy!





: But the real important talk begins now... Girl E had someone who can be called an accomplice. That person was actually...Girl D.
: Girl D... You're talkin' about Mahiru, right?
: Huh? Mahiru is the accomplice...? What is this? What does that mean?
: The piece of vase that became an important clue in the music room murder... Girl D got rid of it.



: It's okay, I made sure to throw it away...



: And...apparently the reason Girl E committed murder in the first place was to "protect" Girl D. Girl D was being harassed by the victim... Girl E found out and tried to stop it, and they ended up getting into an argument...
: And she felt a rush of anger and ended up killing her...
: But she should've had a clear murderous intent. I mean, she choked her out and then bludgeoned her to death.
: She probably...make her unconscious by accident... A-And from there, she couldn't go back...
: I-I...I somewhat understand that feeling.
: You can!? That's pretty scary!



: But Girl E was also killed by someone on the "4th Day", or the game's last day...
: I might as well ask just in case... Who do you think killed Girl E?

Girl E's killer... Right now, the only person I can think of is that guy.



> Guy F



: It should've been...Guy F.



: That bitch...what the hell did she do to my little sister!



: I will never forgive her!



: A scenario where Guy F murders Girl E out of a burning, hellfire desire to avenge his murdered sister...!
: B-But...Guy F is...
: ...What? It's just a story in a video game, isn't it?
: That's all you can say. If that game is telling the truth, it'd be a huge problem for you.



: Hey, clear this up for me. Those of you who appeared as characters in the game, do you remember this incident?
: Th-That is...I'm terribly sorry but...
: They don't remember! That's obvious! Cuz their school memories were like totally stolen!



: Even if I don't remember, I already know! It's obvious that guy is the killer!
: No one would kill a nice person like Mahiru besides a piece of poo poo, menace to society like Fuyuhiko!
: Girl E and Mahiru were killed by that guy!
: Tch... You sure do talk a lot of poo poo... Well, I'm used to it by now...
: But does Mahiru's murder have anything to do with that game? Perhaps the two are unrelated.

No, the game and Mahiru's death are probably related... In actuality, there's an important shared point with Girl E and Mahiru's murder...



> Present: "Metal Bat"



: I'm not sure the two events are unrelated... At the very least, the killer has definitely played the game.



: As proof, Mahiru, who was killed in the beach house...



: ...and Girl E, who was killed in the game, were both killed by a blow to the head with a metal bat... There's no way we can ignore that connection.



: Someone must've wanted to split her head open the exact same way they avenged the first victim.
: Hey, why don't you confess already? You're the one who killed Mahiru, right?
: Y-You better cut that out right now...! There is no way a stupid game could be the motive!
: You're dumb enough to believe that stupid game and that's why you killed her as revenge!



: If you keep making up your mind like that, we're just going to go around in circles...
: And...it's true Fuyuhiko may look suspicious, but don't you think that'd be too obvious?
: Wh-What are y--?
: I mean...there's a possibility that it's a trap set by the true killer.
: Tr-Trap...? What do you mean...?
: The true killer played that game and most likely found out about the relationships between the characters. That person could be using that knowledge to try to set up Fuyuhiko.
: Are you saying that a completely different killer murdered Mahiru and used the game motive as their cover?





: Isn't that what happened, Hiyoko?
: ...H-Huh!?
: Don't you understand!? I'm saying you might be the true killer!
: Hehehe, what is this...? Like, I can only laugh...



: What are you even saying, you nasty, toilet-clogging bitch!?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

GodofDiscord posted:

There's barely any speculation, though that's understandable since the last thread already covered this trial. Hopefully by Chapter 3 there will be more activity in the thread.
Good luck FP Zero!

Well, I would be participating more, but... I kinda went and played the game in the interim of the last LP and this one. I mean, it was right there on Steam and everything!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

I've forgotten a few things about this case, but I do remember some of the answers were stupid. Who would have guessed "gravel in a school swimsuit"? She choked the victim unconscious, and then had to spend some indeterminate amount of time trying to get a swimsuit to act as a very crude bag? I'm not even sure that would work at all, much less be something you can do before someone wakes up.

There are stupider things to come, too.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.



I just assume she had it on her - perhaps carrying it because she planned on taking it home to wash.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?



The game doesn't really make it clear where the gravel came from, but it is likely from the fish tank that was broken in the struggle. That's likely why she used it - it would have been right next to her when she was looking around for a way to kill Fuyuhiko's sister.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

Wow, okay, 'gravel in a swimsuit' is a pretty big leap to expect the player to make.

As for Mihiru's murder, I've pretty much just been speculating in circles. Either I'm missing something or there's going to be new evidence coming out in the trial itself. In general it feels like they went into this one less prepared than they were for the first case.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.



I suppose makes sense to me as someone who read Discworld and is familiar with the ol' "A rock in a sock" school of improvised weapon.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.


I was thinking the Fish Tank as an improbable weapon but the gravel inside of it is very feasible.

Also Hiyoko your attitude makes me think you're the one who did it now

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!


I admit I've been kind of waiting around to participate until this thread gets past the last one.

Incidentally, I saw someone cosplaying as Nagito at Pax East yesterday, but he escaped before I could get close enough to ask him to rant about hope for me.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also Hiyoko your attitude makes me think you're the one who did it now

I'm going to be really upset if she survives this game. I'd be okay with someone killing her and getting away with it tbh.


idonotlikepeas posted:

Incidentally, I saw someone cosplaying as Nagito at Pax East yesterday, but he escaped before I could get close enough to ask him to rant about hope for me.

That would have been cool. Too bad he slipped off and left the light of your hopes to be doused by the ULTIMATE DESPAIR.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 12, 2017

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.


Dear God, Hiyoko, please get hit by a train full of orange robes or something. No-one would mind too much.

Anyway, speculation then! Peko is doing a sterling job of throwing suspicion off of Fuyuhiko; maybe in good faith, but maybe not. Seems like an oddly forceful defense of a yakuza brat who has been proved to have a good motive. Or maybe she's genuine and she knows something more? We can't have been the only ones to see Hiyoko sprinting away in tears earlier on, I guess.

Hiyoko, speaking of her, is overdue an explanation of what happened there. I don't see her being a killer this time though, just because ... well, I don't know if we've been told before exactly how tall she is and I've forgotten, but Mahiru never seemed short. And I somehow don't see a girl her size being whacked about the back of the head - the top of the head, no less, judging from the photo - with a metal bat (tough for a dancer-build younger girl to wield like a weapon?) by someone Hiyoko's size. The angle doesn't fit to me. Despite the fact I had her zoned in as the first killer, I don't think she's the one this time. I mean, she does also need a size 12 boot to the head for arrogance, but that's an aside.

I suppose others have already covered that Sonia has raised a few red flags with the wetsuit appearance earlier on at the approximate time of the killing. I find it ironic that people were bringing up her wetsuit earlier on and, lo and behold, the good old moon logic of a wetsuit being Girl E's murder weapon I echo the "what the christ?" reaction going around here brings her back into frame. Not to mention, she does have this whole odd ... apprecation for serial killers thing going on, and a perhaps too-keen reaction to the mask. Unless that was a frame job, of course, by someone who knew Sonia would be an obvious link to an anime reference like that.

Who else... I mean, I actually really like her, but I have to put Akane somewhere on the suspicious list just because we - right now - don't have proof that the blood she was covered in was from another training fight with Nekomaru. That's something relatively easily proven, I suppose, but still bears mentioning. Or Nekomaru himself, as the one bloke on the roster not either tied up or at the restaurant when poo poo started happening. Unless I've forgotten something again.

Cangelosi
Nov 16, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."


Serpentis posted:

Anyway, speculation then! Peko is doing a sterling job of throwing suspicion off of Fuyuhiko; maybe in good faith, but maybe not. Seems like an oddly forceful defense of a yakuza brat who has been proved to have a good motive. Or maybe she's genuine and she knows something more? We can't have been the only ones to see Hiyoko sprinting away in tears earlier on, I guess.

See, I noticed that too throughout the beginning. It IS oddly forceful, especially in the first trial where she vouched for Fuyuhiko's location.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

I don't think Hiyoko is the actual killer, but she was definitely there and needs to stop withholding information. Or did she miss the part where she dies too if the investigation leaves them all guessing?

You'd think the murder of the only person willing to tolerate and voluntarily hang out with her would have had more of a reaction, too.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.


Zoe posted:

I don't think Hiyoko is the actual killer, but she was definitely there and needs to stop withholding information. Or did she miss the part where she dies too if the investigation leaves them all guessing?

You'd think the murder of the only person willing to tolerate and voluntarily hang out with her would have had more of a reaction, too.

You would, wouldn't you. I guess she's just doubling down on the bitch act to cope? Or (speculating again) it was Mahiru who made her run off crying for some reason, hence the continued bitchiness?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014





I still love that ace attorney line, even if the Japanese version of it was a bit more direct by actually using Phoenix Wright's name.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: What are you saying you four-eyed troll!?
: Accusing me of killing Mahiru...
: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! You're so meaaaan!
: Why do you doubt Hiyoko?
: Do you know where Hiyoko was today?
: She was at the beach house, the scene of the crime!
: But I didn't go to the beach house...!
: I was squishing Mr. Ants all day!

Hold on... What she said clearly contradicts information I know.

: This one's much simpler. We know Hiyoko was there because she left a uniquely-identifying piece of evidence.



> Shoot "didn't go" with "Footprints on the Beach"









: Wait a minute. You should've been at the beach house, Hiyoko.
: S-Seriously, I told you I didn't!



: But...these footprints in the sand in front of the beach house... Aren't they yours?
: I-I don't have such ugly footprints! They're probably Mikan's based on how ugly they are!
: Don't decide that based on ugliness!
: Huh? They're not Hiyoko's footprints? That's strange...



: The footprint I collected from your room matches these footprints perfectly...
: C-Collected...? I never gave you permission to collect that you nasty pedo!
: Plus, the footprints left in the sand were facing away from the beach house...



: Which means...when the owner of these footprints went inside the beach house, they used a different entrance.
: A different entrance... Are you talking about the door facing the road that Mahiru's body was leaning against?
: Are you saying when that person went inside the beach house, the body hadn't appeared yet!?
: The door was still accessible when they went in... And wasn't when they left...
: Which means, something happened in between those two events. Isn't that right, Hiyoko!?





: Ah, I remember now! I remember when I went to the beach house!
: Hmph, so you've finally decided to confess...
: I'm pretty sure you guys already know this, but going for walks in the morning is my daily routine.





: I've never heard of that daily routine before!
: And that's when I went to the beach house! I went there on my morning walk!
: I see. I you went there durin' your mornin' walk, that doesn't have anything to do with the case at all.
: Don't believe her so easily, dumbass! She's obviously lying!
: Huh? It's a lie!?



: People who call other people liars...are usually liars themselves.
: If you say I'm lying, prove it! Can you even prove that I'm lying!?
: Kyahahahahaha! There's no way a bunch of worthless idiots like you guys would be able to do that!







: I did go to the beach house...
: ...but only during my morning walk.
: I didn't go any other time!
: Then you didn't meet up with Mahiru...
: ...at the beach house?
: Kyahaha! Obviously not!
: Saying I met up with her when I never even saw her...
: Is this a panel of idiots?

Hiyoko said she never saw Mahiru but... Is that really true?

: Didn't we find a letter on Mahiru signed by Hiyoko telling them to meet at the beach house at a certain time?



> Shoot "only during my morning walk" with "Letter on Mahiru"









: Only during your morning walk, huh? Will you still claim that after you take a look at this letter?



"I was going to tell you in person, but I couldn't find you so I put this in your mail box. About what we discussed earlier, is it okay if we change the place and time? I want you to come to the beach house on the second island at 2:30 p.m. It seems there's someone who wants to interfere with our meeting. Let's keep it a secret. Until then, let's try not to see each other for a while. It would be bad if they started suspecting us for no reason.

-Hiyoko Saionji."




: Th-That letter...! It's the one Mahiru had, right?
: I see... So Hiyoko was able to arrange a meeting with Mahiru by exchanging letters with her.
: Wh-What is...that letter...? I'm serious...I don't know...



: Oh snap, I remember now! I totally saw you!
: Huh!?



: Me and Hajime met up at the diner around 3:00 p.m. to go to the beach...



: I saw you about thirty minutes later, so it should've been around 3:30 p.m.






: I see... So if she met Mahiru at 2:30 p.m., killed her, then ran away afterward... I think 3:30 p.m. is a reasonable time for you to have witnessed Hiyoko.
: Y-You're wrong...you're totally wrong...!
: Now that you mention it, you also passed by the diner, Fuyuhiko. So you should've seen Hiyoko too, right?
: No, I didn't...



: It's just a coincidence that I passed by the diner. I wasn't even paying attention to the beach house...
: I went straight back to my cottage after I saw you guys. I didn't see anyone during that time.
: For some reason, that sounds suspicious too!
: It's the truth. Deal with it...
: Just leave him alone... It'd be a waste of time to question him any further.
: Anyway, that letter and Kazuichi's testimony says it all. You were meeting up with Mahiru at the beach house.



: S-Seriously, I don't know! I didn't even write that letter!
: I-I'm telling the truth... I really...really don't know...
: Waaaaaaaaaaaah!
: I-Is she really crying? Or is she faking it?
: She's probably faking it...!



: We can assume she summoned Mahiru with the intention of killing her all along... That's why she wrote a letter to let her know where to meet, so the others wouldn't find out.
: And then you went ahead to the beach house, hid yourself in a specific place, and waited for Mahiru. There's evidence for that, too!



Hm...the only place I can think of where Hiyoko was hiding is probably *that* place, right?





: Definitely the closet. We found something that suggests she was inside it.

> Select the Closet.





: The place where Hiyoko was hiding... Are you talking about the closet?



: Yes, that's right... The gummy candy we found on the floor is the evidence. Hiyoko...your favorite candy is gummies, correct?
: Wh-What's a gummy...? I've...never eaten something like that before...



: Kehehe...I have captured the true character of this mystery!
: Hiyoko, who summoned Mahiru to the beach house, hid inside the closet like a familiar... When she saw her chance, she attacked her like an evil spirit, and left the beach house like a swift wind.
: But Hiyoko miscalculated that Mahiru's body would be blocking the door at that time... Because of that, she was only able to leave from the beachside door and ended up leaving her footprints.
: Fuhaha! We have presented the proof! My Hour Dark Devas of Destruction didn't even need to come out!



: I-It's a trap! This is obviously someone's trap!
: Who's someone...? Whose trap is it?
: I-It must be that one person... You know...the one with the mask...maybe?
: The one with the mask...?



: There was a suspicious mask...at the beach house, right? Whoever was wearing that could be the real killer...
: You're the one who wore that mask and killed Mahiru, right?
: There's no way I'd wear such a childish mask! Is your brain fried or something!?
: That is right, it cannot be Hiyoko! That mask belongs to Sparkling Justice!
: ...Huh? Sparkling what-now?





: That mask says it all! Sparkling Justice is hiding on this island! Which means...the legendary serial killer Sparkling Justice is the one who killed Mahiru!
: Why you... If you continue to say such foolish things, I shall tear you limb from limb...!
: D-Don't blame Miss Sonia! It's just a difference between cultures... A culture shock, y'know!?





: Hiyoko, why don't you just admit it already!? You're being unreasonably stubborn!
: It's all in your heads!
: Oh, why can't you understand!? I'm not the killer!
: ...

It's true that Hiyoko is suspicious but...there's something strange.



Something...doesn't make sense. I can't help but feel like we're being directed by someone...

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015


I feel like Peko is projecting all suspicion on to Hiyoko right now since she's far in away the most suspicious with the whole came back from swimming line. I propose that she could have killed Miharu in the shower room, dragged her corpse where they found it, and cleaned up the shower room and herself with the water bottles that have been discarded.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest


Heh, I just noticed the knife and fork crossed over the cook's face. What a silly detail.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.


Fabulousvillain posted:

I feel like Peko is projecting all suspicion on to Hiyoko right now since she's far in away the most suspicious with the whole came back from swimming line. I propose that she could have killed Miharu in the shower room, dragged her corpse where they found it, and cleaned up the shower room and herself with the water bottles that have been discarded.

Yeah, it's looking like a three way deception. Hiyoko was there but she only witnessed it, Peko probably did the actual deed but was put up to it/hired to do it by Fuyuhiko (who also could have helped her/them through the shower ceiling bars.)

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

Yeah, something is going on here with the way Peko is so focused on Hiyoko.

Weird that she seems to be deflecting suspicion away from Fuyuhiko too. I've wondered whether the window requiring two people to get through it would be a factor, but there's no benefit to being an accomplice at these trials.

If Peko is the killer there has to be something connecting her to the others, though. I'm just not seeing her killing someone based on a video game depicting events she has no memory of.

...unless they really are going to go the 'high school aged girl is a famous serial killer who just happens to be on the same island with them' route, which, would be pretty drat stupid.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.


Zoe posted:

...unless they really are going to go the 'high school aged girl is a famous serial killer who just happens to be on the same island with them' route, which, would be pretty drat stupid.

Genocide Jack from the first game would actually make this one be less stupid

But only if it's not a second personality.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.


EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah, it's looking like a three way deception. Hiyoko was there but she only witnessed it, Peko probably did the actual deed but was put up to it/hired to do it by Fuyuhiko (who also could have helped her/them through the shower ceiling bars.)

Maybe, actually. Hiyoko's certainly not helping her case by just clamming up and flatly denying everything (brat or not). Not to mention, if she was there and did see it, she could really wreck the momentum of the Peko blame train by actually, you know, going into detail about what that meeting in the letter was about. ...possibly the one time I want her to actually say something useful.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: I shall render my verdict upon this mystery's conclusion...
: Hiyoko is the sinner who killed Mahiru!
: I-I'm telling you it's a trap!
: There's no doubt...
: ...you went to the beach house, right?
: U-Um... That is...
: And weren't you also hiding in the closet?
: So that's when you dropped the gummy!
: You waited for your chance to kill Mahiru...
: ...and afterward, you fled from the beach house!
: At the time, the door facing the road was blocked by the body...
: ...so you were forced to flee from the beachside entrance...
: And that's how you left your footprints!

It looks like...everyone doubts Hiyoko... Is that really okay?

: We've been cornering Hiyoko so far but there's something wrong about that gummy found in the closet. Did you read the Truth Bullet description for the Gummy Bag?



> Shoot "dropped the gummy" with "Gummy Bag"









: About that gummy... Did Hiyoko really drop it?
: The only one childish enough to eat gummies is that midget over there.
: Y-You're a midget too, you know! You're the one who worries about never getting taller!
: It's true Hiyoko likes to eat gummies...but she only eats a specific brand.



: The brand of gummies you eat only have strawberry, melon, grape and orange flavors, right?
: Huh? But what about the lemon flavor...?



: The...the gummy at the crime scene was yellow, so it obviously looked like it was lemon-flavored...
: Huh? That gummy is yellow?
: Then it's not mine! The ones I eat don't have any yellow gummies!
: What...?



: That's right... None of the gummy bags in her cottage had any yellow ones.
: Then we can't assume Hiyoko is the one who dropped that yellow gummy.





: S-See! Didn't I tell you!? It's definitely a trap!
: Ugh... Dammit... Who would set a trap like this...?
: I'll get my revenge! I'm gonna bop you on the dead with all my might!





: Hold on, you little bitch! You think you're in the clear just because of a little gummy!? Don't be stupid! I'm not done backing you into the corner yet!







: We're not done with Hiyoko yet!
: There's still a huge piece of evidence left!
: You're talking about the footprints near the beach house, right?
: It's true, that's an important piece of evidence...
: ...and we can thank Mahiru for it!
: What does that mean?
: Mahiru used her last ounce of strength and blocked the door to the road. Thanks to her...
: ...we have the evidence we need!
: Th-That's wrong...
: I left those footprints during my morning walk!

I gotta figure out what's right and what's wrong...

: I'm not sure why this one is so sparse on Weak Points. It's basically a gimme since there's no evidence that Hiyoko takes walks.
: See, it's funny then that this one nearly tripped me up because when I fast-forwarded in the video the right point snuck up on me too fast and I panicked.



> Shoot "last ounce of strength" with "Mikan's Autopsy Report"







: Mahiru didn't block the door. Her death...was instant.
: I-Instant death?
: According to my autopsy... Yes...there's no doubt that Mahiru died instantly...
: I-If you keep making poo poo up...I'll loving kill you!
: Eeeeek! I-I'm sorry!
: Fuyuhiko, you cannot do that. Only a coward threatens women.



: I'm pretty sure...her death was instant, too. I mean, her injury was only a single blow. That's why Mahiru isn't the one who blocked the door. Someone else used her body to block it.
: S-Someone else...?
: The killer, of course. They're the one who blocked the door with Mahiru's body.



: That's why there were bloody drag marks left on the floor...
: But why did the killer block the door?
: Just ask Hiyoko! She's the killer, after all!
: S-Seriously...that's not true...!
: Let's assume Hiyoko *is* the killer... Wouldn't that mean she's also the one who dragged the body?



: If she handled a body that bloody, I think her clothes or skin would've been stained with blood...



: Huh? But when I saw her, she was...



: ...She was clean.



: S-See!? I told you I wasn't the killer!
: Yaaaay! With this, my innocence has been proven!



: I won't let you look down on me!





: W-We haven't decided that yet!
: Hey, Fuyuhiko... Why do you keep insisting that Hiyoko is the killer?



: Shut up! I'm telling you she's the killer! That little bitch is definitely the killer!

Cangelosi
Nov 16, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."


Hrmph...I'm totally looking at my dead pool entry, and realizing that I had Fuyuhiko surviving. And the way he's clattering on...I'm starting to think I made a mistake.

And it doesn't help that it seems he has a connection with Girl E in that video game...a very VERY bad connection.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009



The game is leading us pretty hard to Fuyuhiko but I wouldn't be surprised by another twist

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012


drat, it's either Peko or Sonia. The "should have been covered in blood" line is the key. I'm really hoping that Sonia turns out to be a crazy serial killer, because Peko is my favorite so far.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

So many of these students are just the worst.

Rogue 7 posted:

drat, it's either Peko or Sonia. The "should have been covered in blood" line is the key. I'm really hoping that Sonia turns out to be a crazy serial killer, because Peko is my favorite so far.

Why? Peko seems to be just incredibly dull.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009


Rogue 7 posted:

drat, it's either Peko or Sonia. The "should have been covered in blood" line is the key. I'm really hoping that Sonia turns out to be a crazy serial killer, because Peko is my favorite so far.

Peko is second for me, but I'm actually banking on her being the serial killer while Sonia did the deed and planted the mask. Just for the sake of maximum hilarity/tragedy.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012


Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So many of these students are just the worst.


Why? Peko seems to be just incredibly dull.

That's kinda why, honestly. In this saga of incredibly over-the-top personalities and assholes, it's nice to have someone who isn't completely bugfuck crazy.

Edit: Plus, she looks exactly like what a female version of the Persona 4 Main Character would be, and that's worth something.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Rogue 7 posted:

That's kinda why, honestly. In this saga of incredibly over-the-top personalities and assholes, it's nice to have someone who isn't completely bugfuck crazy.

Like, the reason why i liked the photographer in the cast? Okay, i guess that makes sense. Looking forward to the rest of the trial.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.


Yeah, it's not going to be Fuyuhiko at this point, surely. Peko, maybe, given the earlier talk of her pushing way too hard to keep F out of the line of fire? (Which blows, because she's a sea of calm compared to little miss Madam over in the kimono.)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







Round One

: If Mahiru didn't block the door...then Hiyoko did it! She killed Mahiru...
: ...and blocked the door with her body!
: Hiyoko is the only killer I can think of!

Advance!

: If Hiyoko moved the body...
: ...then she should be covered in blood!

Round Two

: So what, dumbass!?
: There's a shower room inside the beach house! After she moved the body...
: She just washed it off in the shower!
: The fact that Hiyoko was at the beach house...
: ...can be proven by the footprints in the sand!
: Did you get all that, you bastard!?

Fuyuhiko hasn't thoroughly investigated the crime scene at the beach house... Then I need to tell him he's wrong by using *that* piece of evidence!

: The showers in the beach house are broken!



> Slice "washed it off in the shower" with "Shower Room"









: No, washing it off in the shower is impossible because the shower in the beach house was out of order!
: O-Out of order...?
: I'm terribly sorry... I haven't had any time to actually repair it...
: Then...maybe she took her clothes off to move the body and when she was done she...put them back on...!
: A-Are you saying I did something that perverted!?

Hiyoko took off her clothes before committing murder... No, that should be impossible.



> She can't get dressed by herself



: Listen to me, Fuyuhiko... Hiyoko mentioned this before.



: I...I can't help it... I can't tie my kimono sash by myself...



: Which means...Hiyoko can't change by herself. It's impossible for her to put on and take off her clothes.
: Wh-What...!?
: Oh yeah, she couldn't even tie her sash on her own. That's why she couldn't take a bath and smelled bad.
: I-I didn't *smell*...and it only smelled a little...
: I like this detail because Fuyuhiko wasn't present during the conversation. He was too busy skipping breakfasts every morning. Consistency!



: Oh, wasn't changing inside the beach house prohibited in the first place?
: Yes... If you broke the rules, I'm pretty sure Monokuma wouldn't have kept quiet...
: drat right! I'm such a stickler for the rules that even safari park rangers want nothing to do with me.



: If she didn't change her clothes, then what did Hiyoko do with the blood that got on her!?
: Like I've been saying, the blood wasn't on me in the first place! 'Cause I never touched Mahiru's body!
: Hey, if you think about it the other way around... Does that mean whoever was covered in blood is suspicious?



: Cause if so... I believe Akane was soaked with blood when we all met up to go to the beach...



: Didn't I tell ya that was 'cause I got beat up by coach Nekomaru!?
: I can attest to that. If I hadn't gotten that rough with her...she never would've backed down!
: Doubtin' me of all people, you got some nerve...
: All right! I'll bend your body in half so you're stuck in a bowing position for the rest of your life!
: That actually sounds pretty cool!
: The hell it does!





: Hey...more importantly...I'm okay now, right? It's okay that I'm not the killer...?
: Yeah, seems like it.
: See...I already told you... There's no way I'd kill Mahiru...
: Cause...Mahiru taught me how to wear a kimono...and she was very, very kind...



: There's no way I would kill a nice person like her! Why wouldn't you believe me earlier!? You guys are stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
: Hiyoko...please don't cry. Everything is fine now...right?
: Shut the hell up, pig barf! I hope you get a hangnail and die!
: Waaah! I'm sorry for being pig barf!
: ...

More importantly... Fuyuhiko's behavior earlier was definitely strange... Getting so worked up and accusing Hiyoko of being suspicious... Could it be... Does he actually have something else in mind...?



: Hey Hiyoko... Now that our suspicions have been addressed, can you tell us the truth?
: ...Huh?
: Even though you're not the killer... You still went to the beach house, right?
: L-Like I said...it was a trap...!
: Yeah, I got that already so...can you give us the details about that trap?
: I would like to know, too... It might lead to some kind of clue...!
: F-Fine...you want me to talk, huh...?



: Um... Earlier this morning...Mahiru was the one who came up to me. She asked if we could meet up later...
: Huh? But didn't you say earlier...?



: Kyahahahaha! She never talked to me at all!
: Man, what a surprise. I didn't expect you to ask me such an easy question.



: Dammit, so that was a lie!?
: C-Cause...I thought I'd be doubted if I admitted it... So I figured it was better not to say anything...



: So...what was your answer to Mahiru's invitation?
: I told her it was fine. I mean, I didn't have a reason to say no.
: Unlike everyone else here, Mahiru was someone I wasn't embarrassed to be seen with...
: You always have to say something snide...



: At the time, we were supposed to meet around 2:00 p.m. but...around noon, there was a letter inside my mailbox.
: ...A letter?
: Yeah, this one...





"I was going to tell you in person, but I couldn't find you so I put this in your mail box. About what we discussed earlier, is it okay if we change the place and time? I want you to come to the beach house on the second island. The time is still the same at 2:00 p.m. It seems there's someone who wants to interfere with our meeting. Let's keep it a secret. Until then, let's try not to see each other for a while. It would be bad if they started suspecting us for no reason.

-Mahiru Koizumi."








: I saw this letter...and went to the beach house at that time.

Huh...the letter that Hiyoko had... Doesn't it clearly contradict that other evidence?



> Present "Letter on Mahiru"





: This letter... Doesn't it look like its contents are different from the letter Mahiru had?



"About what we discussed earlier, is it okay if we change the place and time? I want you to come to the beach house on the second island at 2:30 p.m."

: Mahiru's letter said to meet at 2:30 p.m., but in Hiyoko's letter...



"About what we discussed earlier, is it okay if we change the place and time? I want you to come to the beach house on the second island. The time is still the same at 2:00 p.m."



: Whoa! The meeting times are off!
: It's also strange that both letters wanted to change their meeting spot to the beach house. It would be plausible if one of them said it, but for both letters to say the same thing...
: H-Hiyoko! Since you wrote it, what do you think!?
: Like I said, I never wrote the letter! How many times do I have to tell you!?

It's safe to say a letter was forged by the killer, but... Which letter did the killer forge?



> Both letters



: The killer...must've forged both letters...
: The killer forged them so they could manipulate their actions... Yeah, that's how we should think about it.



: That seems very likely. In fact, if you compare both letters...



: Confirmed! Just as I assumed, the handwriting is the same! The content of the letters matches, too!
: Like this part: "I was going to tell you in person, but I couldn't find you so I put this in your mail box." This part: "It seems there's someone who wants to interfere with our meeting." And this part: "Let's keep it a secret. Until then, let's try not to see each other for a while."
: Th-The killer forged...both of those letters...





: In doing so, they were able to control Hiyoko and Mahiru to do their bidding...like a Netherworld puppeteer.
: S-So they completely tricked me...and then...Mahiru's killer...
: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! How mean! Give me back Mahiru!



: Really...this is really terrible... I've offered to help so many times...but the killer this time didn't discuss their plan with me at all...
: It's all my fault! I'm so ashamed of being unreliable!
: Here we go again. Once we let our guard down, this happens!
: ...We can just lightly punch him to death later.



: So based on what the letter said, you went to the beach house at 2:00 p.m., right Hiyoko?
: What's most important is what happened afterward. What on earth happened there?



: Teehee, I fell asleep.
: Why'd you fall asleep!?
: I-It's not like I wanted to... I think I was forced to get a whiff of some kind of medicine or something...
: Aaah! Medicine!?



: Th-That medicine...could it be...? Did they get it from the drugstore...?
: I thought that place seemed unsafe. They even have prescription medicines laying out in the open...
: If you were aware of that from the start, you should've done something about it!
: Eeeeekkkk! I-I'm soooooorry!



: When I woke up, I was inside a small closet...
: And when I rushed out... I-I...saw Mahiru's body...
: And that's why you ran out of the beach house in such a panic!
: I-I was scared...I was really, really scared...really scared that I couldn't help but...
: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!



: The killer probably planned to frame Hiyoko from the start. And for that reason, they summoned Hiyoko before Mahiru, put her to sleep, and shoved her inside the closet.
: So their reason for blocking the door with Mahiru's body was to make Hiyoko leave her footprints as evidence...
: E-Everything...was done to frame Hiyoko as the killer...
: Th-That's horrible...I didn't do anything wrong...and I was f-framed by Mahiru's killer...
: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
: H-Hiyoko, please do not cry. We believe you...!



: Tch! Is it really okay to believe her so easily? She might be faking those tears, you know...!
: This will never end if you keep being so suspicious!
: Isn't that what a class trial is all about?





: The only way to survive is to be suspicious... This is where we go to thoroughly doubt each other...
: So if you believe in each other so easily...then there's definitely somethin' wrong with you!
: You're wrong, Fuyuhiko... We aren't supposed to doubt each other here, we're supposed to work together.
: The class trial is where we cooperate with each other, work hard, and aim for victory.



: The killer and everyone else... Two hopes attempting to grasp the one, true hope...
: Two hopes clashing with each other is poetry in motion! That...is what a class trial should be!
: Seriously, which side are you on!?
: I'm on the side of the absolute hope that can overcome any despair.
: And I believe that absolute hope...exists at the point where two hopes clash.



: Your stance is neither white nor black, but gray... And you do not yearn for your life, or ever for victory...
: ...Jeez, I wish he'd just side with the enemy already so I can believe what he's saying!
: Let's stop... Believing every little thing Nagito says is a waste of time.





: Yeah...we need to figure out who Mahiru's killer is!
: There should be a new clue contained in what Hiyoko has told us...
: So...let us believe Hiyoko's words and discuss it once again with everyone!



: Yep yep... The debate proceeds when you assume you can believe each other...
: Good job! That's the right way! That's the splendid power of teamwork!
: Hey! What do you think of that, Monokuma!? I'm not gonna let you have the outcome you want!



: Zzz...zzz...zzz...
: Ha-wa-wa!? He's sleeping!



: Dumbasses... You bastards don't know anything... If you're stupid enough to trust each other...
: ...the only thing waitin' for you is the bitter truth.



The bitter truth... That may be true but... Even so, we can't just stand around here all day.

Even if what lies ahead is a cruel ending, the only thing we can do is move forward. Because...unless we reveal who among us is Mahiru's true killer...



There's...no way we'll survive.








: Well then, now that the class trial has reached its climax... I would like to present the answer right here, right now!
: Huh? You're gonna spoil who the killer is?
: Puhuhu... If I reveal the answer before everyone's ready, they'll all be shocked... They'll all...feel despair...
: Y-You can't! That's seriously a big no-no!
: But spoiling it right now is innovative, don't you think? The club president and I are powerless against innovation!
: Who's the club president!?
: Soooooo, without further ado! The answer is...
: Kyaaaaaaaa! You can't! Everyone, please close your eyes and cover your ears!
: Correct! You say "nanu" in German when you're surprised!
: Huuuuh...? I don't know what you're talking about, but somehow it feels wrong to me!
: ...

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008





The translation team did their best but sometimes even they have to admit defeat.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

It makes sense that Hiyoko didn't mention being drugged, because that would not have sounded believable until she was cleared of suspicion.

Akane being covered in blood was mentioned as suspicious earlier, but it was cleared up just about as soon as it was brought up as Nidai confirmed the story.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?


Rogue 7 posted:

That's kinda why, honestly. In this saga of incredibly over-the-top personalities and assholes, it's nice to have someone who isn't completely bugfuck crazy.

Besides Nidai really needing to poo poo, he seems... pretty normal, actually?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005


Peko's looking most likely to me - her being wet points to the water bottles where Sonia's wetsuit doesn't

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



MysticalMachineGun posted:

Peko's looking most likely to me - her being wet points to the water bottles where Sonia's wetsuit doesn't

Yeah, but the wet suits were in the closet. Unless she grabbed it well in advance, she was at the crime scene to get it.
That said, I'm still leaning toward peko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015


I immediately thought of Peko, but Fuyuhiko brought up changing clothes. Although I guess it's far fetched to think of someone leaving the beach house covered in blood to find a place to change clothes.

  • Locked thread