Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012



Can we do some meta-analysis on the game?

Just before the start of trial screen, the game showed those three screens with photos of all the students on it. In one of those screens, there is only one single red colored photo, only one dead person. That makes the colors look terribly imbalanced.

So from a purely aesthetics point of view, I'm going to guess someone from that screen is the culprit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.


Carbon dioxide posted:

Can we do some meta-analysis on the game?

Just before the start of trial screen, the game showed those three screens with photos of all the students on it. In one of those screens, there is only one single red colored photo, only one dead person. That makes the colors look terribly imbalanced.

So from a purely aesthetics point of view, I'm going to guess someone from that screen is the culprit.

Coincidentally, all of the most likely culprits are on that screen.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!



Carbon dioxide posted:

Can we do some meta-analysis on the game?

Sure, but only if you go ahead and do it in the same post where you ask the question, without actually waiting for a response.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



fractalairduct posted:

Sure, but only if you go ahead and do it in the same post where you ask the question, without actually waiting for a response.

Oh good, hes covered then. Thank goodness for rhetorical questions!

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got


I think Hiyoko was killed first just because the killer made the effort to make it appear otherwise. Maybe Ibuki were killed because she was somehow complicit in the murder? She was wandering around the hospital when she should have been in her room, also she seems completely unable to act on her own under despair disease. Also, if the people with despair disease remember everything after being cured, she would know who the killer was. Even if they don't, the killer wouldn't know that.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

I agree with Sputnik. I am certain that Ibuki died second because of the blood on her slipper. The blood on the ladder is possibly from the killer trying to order Ibuki to kill herself. She climbed the ladder, getting some of Saionji's blood on it, but I believe that she refused to kill herself. Then the killer choked her with the rope, and strung her up.

The time problem doesn't start UNTIL Hajimie picks up the call. After that, the ticking clock starts and they have to get rid of the evidence from the conference room and then finish setting the scene in the music club before Hajime gets back with witnesses. There is no time problem for the actual murders because the killer had all night.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 27, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia


FPzero posted:

Good to see you're back! If you missed it, I remade the dead pool spreadsheet because even though you gave me editing capabilities, I didn't have the ability to edit the cells you protected.

Also, since you were still gone when it happened, what did you think of Trial 2 and all the stuff surrounding it?

Trial 2 was nuts, I had a feeling Peko might have been involved since her showing up wet to the dinner seemed a tad too convenient for the whole thing, but the motivation and events surrounding it was definitely something I did not anticipate. Thought I did find the standing on the sword thing to be meh, I thought she would have just kept the sash tied to her sword and tossed the sword through the bars to use as an anchor (sword goes horizontal against the bars after pulling on the sash) so she could just abseil up the wall with a sash rope.

For this case there seems to be a lot of weirdness surrounding the timing. The killer clearly planned out a murder to obfuscate when Ibuki died and worked a number of angles. They had to have enough knowledge of technology to fiddle with the cameras and enough forthrightness to plan out a murder to look suicidal and try and entrap others in. I hate to say it, but I think Chiaki fits this mold, Soda has the technical knowledge. but so far his personality does not scream "I plan things out long term". Mikan has the medical knowledge to mess with things, but...its Mikan, unless she was long conning everyone with being clumsy, I don't see her fitting into this. Unless Nekomaru pulls a surprise appearance WWE style I think he's out. Gundham is....Gundham, so far I haven't seen anything to suspect him. Sonia's story is interesting, but nothing seems too suspicious as of yet. Fuyhiyko seems pretty honest here so I don;t see a reason to suspect him.

Nagito and Akane are always a possibility, though I think since they had the disease, unless one was faking it, they seem to be out.

So far Chiaki seems like the only one who might have the technical knowledge and the foresight to plan something out like this and the cunning to improvise if Hiyoko did indeed interrupt her plan.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?



Jimmy4400nav posted:

Trial 2 was nuts, I had a feeling Peko might have been involved since her showing up wet to the dinner seemed a tad too convenient for the whole thing, but the motivation and events surrounding it was definitely something I did not anticipate. Thought I did find the standing on the sword thing to be meh, I thought she would have just kept the sash tied to her sword and tossed the sword through the bars to use as an anchor (sword goes horizontal against the bars after pulling on the sash) so she could just abseil up the wall with a sash rope.

Back in Orenronen's thread, somebody posted a video of somebody actually using a sword to climb a wall.

This isn't the same video, but it does demonstrate the pulling up of the sword after climbing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSa8nEeDBds

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

BlazeEmblem posted:

Back in Orenronen's thread, somebody posted a video of somebody actually using a sword to climb a wall.

This isn't the same video, but it does demonstrate the pulling up of the sword after climbing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSa8nEeDBds

On soft ground with the tip dug into the dirt for grip, maybe, but I still have a hard time imagining someone doing that using a blunt wooden sword on a slippery tile floor.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012







It's weird how everyone keeps standing in the same spot every trial.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!


RareAcumen posted:

It's weird how everyone keeps standing in the same spot every trial.

Well, RIP Mikan then.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

So how long until one of these geniuses realizes Hiyoko couldn't possibly have walked to the venue, walked past Ibuki's hanging corpse, painstakingly tied her kimono, then be murdered and taped to a pillar in the time it took Hajime to get the others and come back?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial. During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the killer is, and vote for "whodunnit." If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone *besides* the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave this island!
: ...Oh well, who cares about this boring explanation? Let's get on with it already!



: I don't mind starting the trial, but...I don't really have a grasp of how the case played out.
: You know, because I was asleep the whole time.
: Keh, even if you do grasp it, you're just gonna confuse the heck out of us, aren't ya?



: But Nagito's not alone. I don't really get it either.
: You're fine... Your head's empty anyway.
: Empty head...? Heh, what's wrong with that...?
: Listen up! The emptier your head, the more dreams you can stuff inside it, y'know!
: ...



: Anyway...we shouldn't proceed with the trial if those two can't participate in the arguments...
: Since he's the first witness, why don't we ask Hajime to explain the incident and the sequence of events?
: Then...let's start with when we split into the Hospital Team and Motel Team because of the Despair Disease.



: The Hospital Team consisted of Nagito, Ibuki, and Akane--who were infected--and Mikan, Fuyuhiko, and me.
: The other five on the Motel Team were...myself, Gundham, Kazuichi, Chiaki, and Hiyoko.
: Spending the night at the hospital was prohibited, so Hajime and I had to sleep at our cottages.



: I woke up at my cottage on the day the incident happened... Mikan came by to wake my up and told me that Nagito had recovered from his symptoms.
: We immediately headed over to the hospital, and after we confirmed his recovery I made Mikan rest in the on-call room since she hadn't slept all night, while I waited in the hospital lobby.
: And then...I saw the incoming signal light on the surveillance camera blinking before our scheduled time. When I pressed the button to turn on the monitor, what appeared onscreen was...



: A video of someone wearing a hospital gown and a hemp bag on their head...climbing a stepladder.



: Amazing! That's such a heart-pounding story! And then what did you do, Hajime?
: I tried to stop them, of course... I rushed out of the hospital and ran to where the video was being recorded--the music venue...
: ...But it was too late.



: By the time I arrived, the person wearing the hemp bag on their head was already hanging from the ceiling.



: I thought I should tell the others right away, so I headed to the motel.
: Why the motel?
: Because it was close to the music venue and, unlike the hospital, there were more able-bodied people there...
: ...At least, that's what I thought, but the only person who came with me was Chiaki.



: But I remember feeling a little relieved because not long after, we met up with Mikan and Fuyuhiko.
: ...We were also looking for Ibuki since she disappeared from our sight.



: After I rested for a bit, I started counting everyone at the hospital... And then, I noticed Ibuki was gone... So...I sprinted out of the hospital...
: Coincidentally, I ran into Fuyuhiko, so I pled with him in various ways to see if he could help me out.
: ...Various ways!?



: Don't say it like that and confuse people...



: After I heard from those two that Ibuki disappeared, I had a feeling she was the person wearing the hemp bag... So I immediately led them to the music venue.
: But the door wouldn't open. Since we had no other option, the four of us broke down the door...



: And when that happened...we didn't just find Ibuki's body! We also found Hiyoko's! And not just that... Her body was taped to a pillar.



: That's when we heard the body discovery announcement not once, but twice in a row...
: And so...we decided to lower the hanged body, didn't we?
: When we removed the hemp bag... Just as we feared...it was Ibuki.



: So that's how the case played out. Thank you...I understood it very easily...
: Well, it's clear what the problem with this case is. When Hajime left the music venue, who--?



Music cuts out.

: ...Wait. How do I know anything Hajime just said is true?

...Huh?





: Sorry, I'm only being impartial right now... And the story I just heard...is clearly suspicious.
: Hajime, if you're the only one who saw the hanging video and the first one to discover Ibuki's body...
: Then you could be lying as much as you want right now, right?
: L-Lie...!? Why would I lie!?
: Obviously, so you could make us ignore what might be an inconvenient truth for you.



: ...Do you doubt me?
: If you're not lying, I would like you to prove it... C'mon, try to prove it to me! Prove you're not the killer!



Gh...! It's just as Kazuichi said... Nagito's the kind of guy who'll just confuse us and make matters worse... Dammit...I shouldn't have explained it to Nagito! I'm in trouble now thanks to that!







: Hajime's testimony is clearly suspicious!
: If Hajime's testimony is a lie...
: ...then the fact that Ibuki hung herself...
: That would also be a lie.
: I don't think I can deny that possibility...
: After all, Hajime is the only witness!
: Why would Hajime lie?
: Well, obviously because he's the killer!
: Did Hajime kill both of them?
: The fact that the bodies were imitating the movie...
: ...means it probably *is* Hajime's fault!

I'm not the killer...! There should be a contradiction somewhere. I need to find that...and break through!

: There's no way we could've imitated the movie because we hadn't seen it until after the murders!



> Shoot "imitating the movie" with "Movie's Invitation Ticket"









: I'm not the killer! I mean, there's no way I'd be able to imitate that movie...

Music cuts out.

: ...Of course you're not. I already knew that.
: ...Huh?





: Before the incident, Hajime had never watched that movie... His invitation ticket is proof of that. Each person only received one ticket, and they're marked with a stamp that shows the date and time...
: ...Isn't that right, Monokuma?
: Yes, no mistakes there.
: Which means there's no way Hajime, who never saw the movie, could commit murders that imitated it.
: Or...did anyone tell him what happens in the movie? Of course, no one did, right?



: H-Hold on a sec! You're the one who brought this up in the first place!
: Nagito...what are you doing...!?
: Well, since we're opening with your witness testimony, I thought we should solidify the foundation...
: ...It also provides a good warm-up.



: Wh-What warm-up!? This isn't a game, you know!
: D-Don't get mad... I just think warming up is really important, especially since this isn't a game.
: What a waste of time. Well, I knew it would turn out like this anyway.



: N-Now then...since we know Hajime's testimony is reliable, let us move on to the arguments.
: So this means Ibuki definitely climbed the stepladder all by herself, right?
: Yeah, I'm positive.



: Then that seals it! Ibuki committed suicide!
: If Ibuki committed suicide...then who killed Hiyoko?
: Hmm, a murder coincidentally occurrin' in the same place as a suicide...ain't possible, huh?



: Like I said before, it's pretty clear what the problem with this case is.
: The killer murdered Hiyoko while Hajime was gone...
: So all we gotta do is establish who could've possibly done that!



: Then let's ask Hajime... How long would you say you were away from the music venue?
: I couldn't have been gone for more than ten minutes...
: So they killed Hiyoko and taped her up within ten minutes? There's no way that's possible.



: That's why the killer stalled for time by making the music venue a closed room.
: Hm? Whaddya mean a "closed room"?
: The killer blocked the venue door from the inside to try and keep us from entering right away.



: However, that door is the only entrance to the music venue, right? If they blocked the door from the inside, the killer would not have been able to leave either.
: Yeah, you're absolutely right...





: Which means...when we broke down the venue door, the killer was still inside!
: Haaaah! Th-They were!?
: If that's the case, the only suspicious people are those who don't have any alibi for that time...
: And that's you two! Sonia and Kazuichi!





: M-Me too!?
: Wh-What the hell!? Why's it gotta be us!?
: The others all have alibis. Chiaki, Mikan, Hajime, and I all broke down the venue door together... Gundham met up with Hajime at the motel right before that...
: And if Akane and Nagito were laid up in the hospital, the only person that leaves is one of you!



: There's another person who doesn't have an alibi. You know...Nekomaru.
: *impersonating Nekomaru* ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?
: Hey, why are you talking like...huh?
: Y-You're kidding, right...? You're...not up to something weird, are you?
: P-Please stop making bad jokes...



: Anyway! If the killer was hiding inside the venue, we should obviously doubt the people who don't have alibis!
: What a wicked way of backing us into a wall... Is this his professional skill...!?



The killer was inside the music venue... Fuyuhiko obviously thinks so but... Is that really it?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Nagito has a fair point. Hajime could be lying as far as everyone else is concerned. Oh... but I see what he's doing. He's helping too eliminate Hajime by suggesting that it's because the bodies imitated the movie, and he knows very well that Hajime didn't see it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?



I had a bit of a laugh when I first played this scene. In the last thread, everyone knew that Hajime would have to show his ticket to prove that he didn't do it, with some people thinking that someone would accuse him, and others thinking that Nagito would be the one to accuse him, knowing that he was innocent. I don't think that anyone thought that that would be the very first thing that happened in the trial, though .

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015




Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Nagito has a fair point. Hajime could be lying as far as everyone else is concerned. Oh... but I see what he's doing. He's helping too eliminate Hajime by suggesting that it's because the bodies imitated the movie, and he knows very well that Hajime didn't see it.

They actually don't have strong proof that Hajime isn't lying. They have proof that Hajime didn't see the movie before the murders, but they don't have proof that no one told him about the movie. Nagito asked if anyone did that, and no one said yes, but that neglects an important fact: Nagito saw the movie and has repeatedly asserted that he'd be willing to help a killer out. So he could have told Hajime about the movie (presumably before he picked up the despair disease) and then started off the trial by "proving" Hajime's innocence. Or for that matter Ibuki or Hiyoko could have told him about the plot, assuming they saw the movie.

Of course we know that Hajime didn't do it, but the rest of them don't.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012



...Could Nekomaru be actually in control of Monokuma? Either working together with the mastermind, (assuming there still is one after the first game), or somehow have taken over the control room?

What is going on here?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009


It's possible Monokuma is just being a dick. Of course, if everyone really has to be present, then it's possible Monokuma has a communication line set up with Nekomaru. But then why not just use a radio?

So it's probably either dick, or comm line + <insert contrived reason why a radio isn't workable>.

As for the case, I think the Sonia + Soda line is going to fall apart when the temperature gets brought up. They can't be sure that Ibuki died first.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005


Zoe posted:

So how long until one of these geniuses realizes Hiyoko couldn't possibly have walked to the venue, walked past Ibuki's hanging corpse, painstakingly tied her kimono, then be murdered and taped to a pillar in the time it took Hajime to get the others and come back?

That's one of the advantages the Phoenix Wright games have over DR - due to only having a single character (+ sidekick) overlooking certain things depsite being obvious is to be expected. The prosecution and the witnesses don't overlook obvious stuff, they're usually just lying.

In the DR games multiple people who are completely innocent have to miss some blindingly obvious stuff for the player to point out the contradictions.

Then again, having Hajime questioned straight away is a neat twist.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Buried alive posted:

It's possible Monokuma is just being a dick.

The fact that Monobear in fact hinted that his controller was Nidai leads me to believe it's this one and he's just trolling again. But there's no way to really know, since there's no suspiciously missing student in places where Monobear has been.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?



Yeah the Mikan theory is growing on me I think (especially because Kazuichi's under too much early suspicion from the cast now) although did she have the time to get in and take down the wallpaper covering Hiyoko before meeting Fuyuhiko?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

eating only apples posted:

Yeah the Mikan theory is growing on me I think (especially because Kazuichi's under too much early suspicion from the cast now) although did she have the time to get in and take down the wallpaper covering Hiyoko before meeting Fuyuhiko?

To do all the hospital cleanup, go to the music hall, tear down and fold up the wallpaper, rig the door, then go BACK to the hospital and wait for Kuzuryu, and then still be able to run back to the music hall and then the motel, in the time it takes Hinata to go to the music hall, then immediately go to the motel and talk to some people? No, not a chance. The timeline is practically unbelievable as it is, without adding an extra trip to the music hall and back.

It only makes some kind of sense if she waited for Kuzuryu, then ran to the music hall to do the cleanup there.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012


I'm suspecting Fuyuhiko on this one. This is based more on a gut feeling than on solid proof, but he's had more opportunity than Mikan and he seems to be steering the investigation onto the wrong trail.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: The killer was still inside the music venue. By locking the door from the inside...
: They tried to keep us from getting in!
: It seems they were trying to stall for time...
: How did they lock the door?
: That door should not have had a lock!
: The lock was on the floor in front of the door...
: Are you talking about the broken drumstick?
: You can use that as a bolt to lock the door.
: By doing that, the killer who was hiding inside...
: ...waited till we gathered together...
: ...and suddenly appeared!
: So they looked like they had just rushed over...
: I have seen this in serial crime dramas...

That person's remark contradicts the truth... I should be able to prove that with my evidence...!

: It doesn't really make sense that someone was inside the venue when we arrived. Therefore, they couldn't have placed the drumstick on the door handles. So the only other possibility regarding the doors would be that they "locked" it a different way.



> Shoot "from the inside" with "Semitransparent Glob"









: Hold on a sec...! There's also a possibility that the door was locked from the outside!
: From the outside...how?



: There was a semitransparent glob stuck to the venue door. Maybe that's what they used...
: Semitransparent glob...like rubber, maybe?

It wasn't rubber at all. That semitransparent glob was probably...



> Glue



: That semitransparent glob...must've been glue.
: Glue!?
: Yeah, I think so too.



: It had a firm, gel-like chewiness...and I could smell workshop chemicals the moment I put it in my mouth...
: ...Based on all that, I'm certain it was glue.
: I didn't know glue was edible...
: I believe it is not something one typically eats.



: That glue was only applied to the areas where both doors touched... By pouring it in the gaps of the closed door, they must've sealed the venue door from the outside.
: And thanks to that, a glob of glue was left where the door was stuck... Yep, it fits perfectly.



: But...if you just stick them together with glue, you'd be able to break down the door easily, you know?
: That doesn't really matter... The killer only did that to make us think the door was locked from the inside.
: ...Wh-What'd you say!?



: First of all, didn't that drumstick we found seem really obvious? Almost unnaturally so?
: It was so obvious...that it makes more sense to think the killer placed it as a diversion...
: Are you saying the drumstick was a trap the killer set on purpose...?
: Then I...I totally fell for that fuckin' trap!
: Apologize to Miss Sonia! And me! However, you're not allowed to slice open your stomach this time!
: In a quarrel, both sides are to blame. That's why it's better to just have no sides at all!





: So... During the ten minutes Hajime left the venue, the killer murdered Hiyoko and created a closed space?
: And they also taped her up after killin' her, right?
: Even quick work has limits!
: Awww... What unimaginable speed for a slowpoke like me...!



: If they couldn't have done it while Hajime was away from the venue...
: They must have done it earlier than that.

...Earlier?



: But when Hajime got to the venue, only Ibuki's body was there, right?
: And when you went back with everyone else, Hiyoko's body was there too, right?
: But it's possible that the body was just revealed at that time, when Hiyoko was actually killed earlier.
: J-Just revealed...?
: Of course, the body wasn't revealed on its own. The killer did that, too.



: ...Here, I have proof.
: Hm... That scrap of paper...is that what we found in the baton lighting at the music venue?
: That's right, but...just what is this scrap, anyway?





That scrap that was stuck on the baton lighting in the music venue...



Now...I should be able to figure out what it is.








: This trial has more than one Hangman's Gambits and there's never anything new with them other than increased difficulty and poorly translated long answers. This one's not so bad but just you wait...





> WALLPAPER







: That scrap... Isn't it part of the wallpaper in the storage room?



: In the music venue storage room, there should've been black wallpaper that's the same color as that scrap.



: There was also a tear along the edge of the wallpaper, wasn't there? If so...
: You're right... If you overlay the scrap that was caught on the lighting with the tear in the wallpaper...



: ...See, it fits perfectly!



: I see...so the scrap that was caught on the baton lighting was originally part of the wallpaper...
: And what's wrong with that? Does it have somethin' to do with Hiyoko's body disappearin'?
: A mere nobody like me isn't important enough to answer that...
: But if you guys were exceptional enough to identify that scrap of paper, you can figure this out easily!





That scrap of paper stuck to the baton lighting was part of that wallpaper I found in the storage room... Is it connected to the sudden appearance of Hiyoko's body...? If I trace it back from there, the answer should become clear.



...All right, let's give this a try!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?



Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

To do all the hospital cleanup, go to the music hall, tear down and fold up the wallpaper, rig the door, then go BACK to the hospital and wait for Kuzuryu, and then still be able to run back to the music hall and then the motel, in the time it takes Hinata to go to the music hall, then immediately go to the motel and talk to some people? No, not a chance. The timeline is practically unbelievable as it is, without adding an extra trip to the music hall and back.

It only makes some kind of sense if she waited for Kuzuryu, then ran to the music hall to do the cleanup there.

I think I misread, I thought they were together after they met. If they split up to look for Ibuki then she has opportunity there.

But she was sleeping (supposedly) and everyone else in the hospital, bar Nagito, was indisposed. Anyone could have got in to set up their broadcast. How would they know? Well, Kazuichi set up the monitors in the first place. Could the hospital have been broadcasting without realising? I don't recall the hospital team ever starting a broadcast? If so some conversations could have been overheard, about where people would be at certain times? I just sort of want it to be the less interesting guy.

The timing is just so ridiculous and I really hope it doesn't end up like Teruteru.

But you know, I fuckin love Hiyoko so

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Well, we're getting the obvious out of the way early at least. Of course it's hard to imagine doing it any other way.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

I'm still hoping it was Mikan, just so her motive can be 'it was Hiyoko!' and everyone else can just be like 'oh yeah, makes sense'.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?


Zoe posted:

I'm still hoping it was Mikan, just so her motive can be 'it was Hiyoko!' and everyone else can just be like 'oh yeah, makes sense'.

And then she gets a loving medal instead of an execution.

... but then gets executed for the other murder.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


Maybe murdering Hiyoko is considered such a positive that Monokuma waives the execution.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015


Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Maybe murdering Hiyoko is considered such a positive that Monokuma waives the execution.

But they also got Ibuki involved, that should be worth at least 3 executions. So it should break even.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets



: Awww... What unimaginable speed for a slowpoke like me...!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

PopeCrunch posted:

: Awww... What unimaginable speed for a slowpoke like me...!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Now I'm much more sure that she has been faking her clumsiness the entire time.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!


There's got to be a plot twist coming up. The evidence is just screaming, "Mikan did it!" too much for that to be the case.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?



FPzero posted:

: Apologize to Miss Sonia! And me! However, you're not allowed to slice open your stomach this time!

I like this little line. Kazuichi is getting a jab in, but cares enough that he doesn't want Fuyuhiko harming himself again.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009


Double Punctuation posted:

There's got to be a plot twist coming up. The evidence is just screaming, "Mikan did it!" too much for that to be the case.

Plot twist: There is no plot twist.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!









: As it turns out, you absolutely need to jump in order to clear this Logic Dive.





: Ten minutes doesn't seem like enough time to bring her body to the scene. She must've been at the scene already, hidden.



> It was hidden





: If she were hidden behind the curtain, the body could've easily been found by anyone who looked. She must've been hidden by the wallpaper.



> The wallpaper





: We saw no evidence of a wall. But if they used the baton lighting to hold the wallpaper, they would've covered up her body and the pillar.



> They covered the pillar



: And we've reached the end.









: I got it... Hiyoko's body was hidden before we found it.
: But it would have taken quite a long time to tape up a hidden body.
: No, the body was already taped up and the killer hid it, along with the pillar, using the wallpaper.
: What!? They hid the pillar!?
: Yeah, by wrapping the wallpaper around the pillar, the killer was able to create a slightly larger pillar.



: So when I first discovered Ibuki's body...Hiyoko's body was alread there!



: However, because it was concealed within a slightly larger pillar, I didn't realize that at the time...



: Well, that's understandable. I mean, it makes sense that you'd notice Ibuki's body right away.
: So they used the baton lighting on the ceiling to hang the wallpaper?



: The baton lighting forms a perfect circle around the pillar...so using it to hang the wallpaper totally fits.
: Then...the reason the wallpaper was covered in so many stickers was to make it look like that pillar...
: That's how they hid Hiyoko's body, and then peeled off the wallpaper as soon as I left the music venue.



: But the killer made a mistake. They accidentally ripped off a piece of the wallpaper. And because of that, a scrap was left on the baton lighting.
: The killer must've been in a hurry. If their plan took too long, Hajime could've walked in on them.
: But going to the trouble of hiding the body and the pillar is very bold...and risky...



: But the crime itself would be much easier to pull off since they don't have much to do while Hajime's gone.
: They just have to peel off that wallpaper and stash it in the storage room... It's not that big of a deal.



: Then...when was Hiyoko actually killed?
: Good point, and on that note...
: It's about time we shed some light on those imitation murders!





: Um...you mentioned "imitation murder" more than once, but...what is that?
: Are you kidding me!? You haven't seen my masterpiece, "The Wizard of Monomi 2.5D"!?
: Heeeey! Don't put my likeness in your movies without my permission!
: You're pretty noisy...for someone who eats moss balls.
: I don't eat moss balls! I just enjoy looking at them!
: I have absolutely no clue what the gag is here. It must've been lost in translation. Also, "moss balls?" Not "moth balls?"





: I knew it... There are so many similarities, it must have been intentional...
: Ibuki's death by hanging matches the scarecrow's death from the movie... Not just that, but Hiyoko getting taped up after her death matches the lion's death...
: It's as if both crimes were replicas of scenes from the movie. Although the mutilated tin man was omitted...
: But why did the killer go to all this trouble in the first place.
: Based on what we know, the reason the killer chose these limitations isn't that difficult to figure out.

The reason the killer imitated the two victims in that movie... I should be able to explain that now.



> To mix up the killing order



: The reason the killer imitated two of the murders from the movie was so we'd mix up the killing order.
: Then...Hiyoko was actually killed before Ibuki...!?
: A valid line of reasoning...



: Yeah, it's valid. The condition of Ibuki's body suggests that as well.
: What do you mean?
: ...
: Hmph... If you're going to cry and beg like that, then I guess I'll hear about the condition of Ibuki's body.
: ...I'm not even crying.





: I'll let you sob as much as you want later! Just hurry up and tell me before I change my mind!
: What a jeeeerk.
: Oh I see, you want me to explain it to you, right? Because you don't understand what I'm saying, right?
: An even bigger jerk!? Impossible!



: ...Look, Ibuki died because she hanged herself, right? That means when she was still alive, her feet were touching the floor.
: ...What's wrong with that!?
: But...it seems Ibuki was still standing when Hiyoko was killed.
: That would mean Hiyoko was killed before Ibuki.



: Kehehe... How light... Your words are so light, as light as the sylph's feather...
: Fuhaha! Your opponent is out of your league! It is too absurd to try to perplex me so inadequately!
: Man, he's being annoying again...
: First and foremost, you claim Ibuki's feet were touching the floor when Hiyoko was killed...
: How can a low-class creature with no psychic abilities like you know something like that!?
: Because she was doing something that's only possible if her feet were on the floor.



: It seems you suffer from a pathetic delusion!
: ...You're one to talk!



A-Anyway...if this continues, we're just gonna talk in circles... I think it's best if we clarify Ibuki's status when Hiyoko was killed.







: When Hiyoko died...
: ...Ibuki's feet were on the floor.
: I am telling you to present your evidence!
: Did you see her walking?
: If her feet were on the floor...
: ...was there any sign she stepped on something?
: Were there even any footprints at the crime scene?
: Maybe her feet were on the floor...
: ...but she was, like, sitting or something?
: So instead, there'd be a mark on her rear end!
: Weak, weak, weak, I say!
: It doesn't even pierce my heart!

Chiaki said Ibuki was still standing when Hiyoko was killed but...is that really true?

: Ibuki had blood on her slippers. How could she have gotten blood on them if she died first? She must have stepped in it.



> Shoot "sign she stepped on something" with "Blood on the Soles"









: Just as Sonia said...Ibuki stepped on "something." That "something" was blood... There were faint bloodstains on the soles of her slippers.
: That is not Ibuki's blood, right? She suffered no external injuries.
: Then it's Hiyoko's blood!



: Hiyoko's only wound was a fatal slice on her neck...and she died almost instantly, right?
: If Ibuki stepped on her blood...
: It means Ibuki was still standing when Hiyoko was mortally wounded.
: Which means Ibuki was still alive at the exact moment Hiyoko was killed!



: Don't underestimate the power of the evil eye!





: Fuhaha, is that it!? A shepherd dressed in his Sunday's finest still reeks of lamb, Hajime Hinata!
: ...D-Does that mean you have a rebuttal?
: "Does that mean you have a rebuttal?" ...Hmph, that's a good line.
: But...are you sure you're sure? If I show you how serious I am, this world might be destroyed, you know!
: ...
: You're so frightened you can't even make a sound... It seems you've realized our difference in status.



: However, the time for conviction starts now! You better entertain me to the fullest!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?



This fuckin guy. What's he even doing.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.


The blood on the soles doesn't at all prove Ibuki was there for Hiyoko's death! It does prove she was around soon enough to step in the blood though. I wonder if that is a translation issue?

Haifisch
Nov 12, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!



Taco Defender

eating only apples posted:

This fuckin guy. What's he even doing.

FPzero posted:

: I'll let you sob as much as you want later! Just hurry up and tell me before I change my mind!
: What a jeeeerk.
: Oh I see, you want me to explain it to you, right? Because you don't understand what I'm saying, right?
: An even bigger jerk!? Impossible!
Being amazing, that's what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013



I don't know if this is linked to the moss balls joke(?), but it's an interesting cultural tidbit of Japan that I find amusing:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...on-among-women/

  • Locked thread