Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Locked thread
timp
Sep 18, 2007

Everything is in my control


Lipstick Apathy

lol that logic dive minigame is so ridiculous.

FPZero I feel bad that you put so much work into the screenshots and dialogue for these Trial updates - Personally I'm just watching the videos! Hopefully they're useful to some who don't want to watch moving pictures for whatever reason. Either way I kind of enjoy having this all split up. Obviously I could just go watch a YouTube LP at any time, but damnit I started on this series in the form of an SA LP and damnit I might as well finish it that way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

just a big doofus fightin pokemons





Moss balls are a thing. What's the joke? I don't have a goddamn clue. This game occasionally makes some really deep cuts.

Gundham is good, but Chiaki is also very good. The quality of this cast in general is really high compared to the first game IMO.

fake edit: can confirm the screenshots/dialogue are useful to me! I prefer SSLPs for reasons I can't quite articulate.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012



timp posted:

lol that logic dive minigame is so ridiculous.

FPZero I feel bad that you put so much work into the screenshots and dialogue for these Trial updates - Personally I'm just watching the videos! Hopefully they're useful to some who don't want to watch moving pictures for whatever reason. Either way I kind of enjoy having this all split up. Obviously I could just go watch a YouTube LP at any time, but damnit I started on this series in the form of an SA LP and damnit I might as well finish it that way!

I watch the videos, then scroll through the update looking for any red question marks, to see FPZero's view on things.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?


Pillbug

I definitely prefer screen shots, since I read it at work. Not able to watch videos at all while working, but in downtime I can read just fine.

Also wanted to say that Gundham is definitely one of my favorite characters from this game. Chiaki is very high up as well.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



quote:

: "Does that mean you have a rebuttal?" ...Hmph, that's a good line.

I love the way he gets caught off guard and drops character here. Especially since the question is so innocent.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.



Clapping Larry

Yeah, your work grabbing caps of the trail at the right second is quality stuff, and I'm glad to see it done.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


Gundam is ridiculous.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"


Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Gundam is ridiculous the best character in the game.

FTFY

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."


Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Gundam is ridiculous the second best character in the game

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!









Round One

: You're saying the blood on Ibuki's feet belonged to Hiyoko?
: Hah, impossible!
: Try to remember the crime scene...
: There was no blood on the floor!
: You can't step on blood that was never there...
: Kehehe... Just about one minute... Did you see a nice nightmare?

Advance!

: As long as Ibuki's body has no open wounds...
: There's no doubt that that blood is Hiyoko's!

Round Two

: Hiyoko was taped to the pillar, yes? Then it's possible that the pillar still had blood on it...
: However, you cannot step on the pillar with your feet!
: Kehehe... You should feel proud of yourself...
: It's been nearly three years since I've had to use 60 percent of my power!

Just as I thought, that word from earlier was the opening for his rebuttal... In order to bring back the topic... Looks like I have to be pushed back on purpose...

: First off, wow, we're already being given 7 Truth Blades. This game really stepped up the Mean difficulty. Second, just pushing your way through to the end of the Showdown doesn't always mean you're going to get to the answer.



: In this case, we have to purposefully be pushed back to Round One.
: As for the answer, we know that there was evidence of blood because of that smudge we saw.



> Slice "blood" with "Smudge on the Floor"









: That's not it... The reason there was no blood on the floor is because the killer wiped it away afterward.
: D-Don't say such foolish things...! You don't have proof of that at all...
: ...Yes, I do.



: If you look closely...there's a streak on the floor where blood was wiped away.
: When the killer tried to hide Hiyoko's body, they probably cleaned the blood at the same time but... Ibuki must've already stepped in it, and the killer probably didn't even realize it.
: The reason they wiped off the blood on the floor...was so we'd mix up the order of the murders, right?



: Even if they're able to hide Hiyoko's body, it'd be bad if her blood was left out in the open.
: Plus, Ibuki's body was left out in the open, and it wasn't bleedin' from any open wounds at all...



: Hiyoko's body was probably wrapped in duct tape to stop her bleeding...



: Actually, the bleeding will stop once the heart stops beating, so I don't think they had to go that far...
: Aside from Mikan, none of us were aware of that fact, so the killer probably did not know it either.
: Maybe...the heater was running inside the music venue so it would screw with Mikan's autopsy?
: Th-That's right! I didn't know the time of death because of the heater!
: If the time of death wasn't mentioned in the Monokuma File, just to keep concrete evidence from us...



: ...Yep, since we have all this evidence, there's no one else who wants to object, right?
: Then it'd decided! Hiyoko was killed before Ibuki!
: It appears that...it is wiser to retreat for now...
: Fine then... But regardless of good or evil, there's no deceit in upholding one's convictions.
: ...Can't you just shut up and back off?
: Now then, let us resume our debate...





: Ah, wait a sec. There's something I want to run by Monokuma first.
: Eh!? Again!? Didn't somethin' like this happen last time, too!?
: Hey, if the victim actually committed suicide, what are we supposed to do?

...Huh? Suicide?



: The same as always... You have to vote for who the killer is...
: Think about it... A suicide means you've killed the most important existence of all: yourself. Unfortunately, that means there's no blackened to punish but...I guess in a pinch I can always punish Monomi.
: Why me!?



: Um...Nagito? What do you mean, "if the victim actually committed suicide"...?
: Well...I mean, I understand Hiyoko's death, but I'm wondering if Ibuki was really murdered.
: For example, it's possible Ibuki killed Hiyoko, and then committed suicide due to a guilty conscience, right?
: That's totally impossible! Then she never would've killed her to begin with!



: She was afflicted by the Despair Disease, remember? That means anything can happen...
: But if Ibuki's the killer, she wouldn't have been able to falsify the sequence of the murders, right? After Hajime saw the hanged body, the sudden appearance of Hiyoko's body soon after means...
: ...the killer had to be alive at that time.



: Then she was alive!
: Haaaaaah!?
: When Hajime first discovered Ibuki, she was just pretending to be dead... If she waited until Hajime left, that's when she could've made her move and messed with the crime scene.



: Sh-She hanged herself, remember!? There's no loving way she could've faked that!
: And, if she was going to fake her death, I think...she wouldn't have chosen hanging... Her body would've been defenseless in that state. If anyone touched her, that alone would've ruined her plan.
: Hmm, I see...so that means...
: There's no doubt that someone killed those two. I'm glad. Now I'm free to search for the killer.
: Wh-What the heck!?



: Ah, there's still one more issue on my mind... If Ibuki didn't commit suicide, then just what was that video Hajime saw?

...Huh?





: According to that video you saw...Ibuki was by herself when she climbed the stepladder, right? Then does that mean...someone forced her to do it?



: F-Forced...? Perhaps...they used hypnotism or something?
: I don't know anything about that!
: ...Don't say it all proud.



: U-Um...putting that aside... It seems obvious that the killer did something... So...maybe we should figure out who was able to do whatever that was...?
: So, an alibi...





: Then our plan is to destroy the weakest alibi! Since Hajime has seen the video, it is clear what time the crime took place!
: Ah, but just to be sure... That surveillance camera doesn't have a record function, right?
: It's a cheap-rear end surveillance camera, you know? There's no way it'd have some kinda sweet recording feature.
: Then...the video Hajime saw was actually live?



: What time did Hajime see that video?
: I saw it at the hospital...right before Monokuma's morning announcement. And I saw the body at the music venue a little after Monokuma's announcement.
: Hm... So Ibuki hanged herself right before Monokuma's announcement... And since we established that Hiyoko was killed before Ibuki...
: That means the time that the murders occurred was before and during the announcement!
: Th-Then we just have to find the person who doesn't have an alibi during that time...?



: Now then, I shall issue my decree! Let "Operation Destroy the Weakest Alibi" commence!







: We can exclude the sick people like me and Akane, right?
: And what about the others?
: Right before the morning announcement...
: I was totally sleeping in my motel room!
: I think everyone at the motel was doing that.
: So everyone who stayed at the motel doesn't have an alibi!
: What about you guys...?
: I was where I was supposed to be: my own cottage.
: That's not an alibi!
: Aside from those afflicted by the disease... If nobody has an alibi then...
: "Operation: Destroy the Weakest Alibi" has failed!

The murders supposedly happened before and during the morning announcement... The person who doesn't have an alibi for that time...

: In all our investigation, the only person who had any sort of alibi around that time was ourselves and...



> Shoot "nobody has an alibi" with "Mikan's Account"









: Hold on... Not all of us are missing an alibi. In fact...Mikan and I both have alibis.
: Y-You two have alibis...?
: Up until I saw that hanging video, Mikan and I were actually together for a while.



: W-We even woke up together that morning!
: Heeeeyyy! What kinda situation is that!?
: Hehe...I accidentally fell asleep on top of Hajime...
: ...
: ...Too much info.





: I-It's not like that! She just came to tell me Nagito's condition had improved!
: And we went to the hospital together afterward, so we were together until right before the announcement...
: I get it... You guys have alibis.
: If that's the case, the killer must be someone else...



: ...It's better if we think about it like that. The killer decided to falsify the murder sequence to hide the actual time of the crime anyway.
: So it's inevitable that an alibi for both before and during the morning announcement would be very important.
: Hmmm...it feels like "Operation: Destroy the Weakest Alibi" has backed us into a corner instead...
: ...
: But...committing an imitation murder...? Is that really all it was?

...Huh?





: Faking the time the crime occurred by falsifying the murder sequence, hiding their alibi in the process... Was that the only reason the killer made both bodies imitate the movie?
: Are you saying...there was another reason?
: I feel really bad for confusing you guys so much, but that's how I feel. I think the killer had a completely different reason for falsifying the murder sequence...

The killer had a different reason?



: ...

If that's the case... Are we still in the killer's trap?

Inside a trap...set by one of us... If so, then...



Whose...? And what kind of trap is it...?








: Why hello there, Monomi! The moss balls sure look tasty today!
: Stop it! Don't characterize me as someone who lives off moss balls!
: And here's some CHANCE TIME!
: Ha-wa-wa!? What's that!?
: Now then, Monomi's APPEAL TIME starts now!
: ...Huh? Appeal time?
: Your kindhearted big brother is gonna give you the chance to reclaim your honor. Good luck! Show those jerks who treat you like a red-headed stepchild who's boss!
: That's...99% your fault...
: While you were whining, your time's already running out, so please make your appeal simple! About 30,000 words or so!
: That's too long! It'll just be a boring appeal!
: C'mon, if your appeal is successful, there might be merchandise opportunities heading your way!
: U-Um...then... I'm Usami! Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami! I'm an itty bitty girl who's sweet like milk!
: ...
: Jeez... And I thought a certain robot's little sister was supposed to be the best... What a disappointment...
: Um... Who are you talking about? I have no clue whatsoever...

FPzero fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 3, 2017

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?



Wow, a red-headed stepchild joke. Monokuma is so edgy!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


There's an unclosed bold tag on one of Nagito's lines towards the end.

eating only apples posted:

Wow, a red-headed stepchild joke. Monokuma is so edgy!

Well yeah. Have you seen the black half of his body? To say nothing of the executions and casual murder threats.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.


Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well yeah. Have you seen the black half of his body? To say nothing of the executions and casual murder threats.

He's black AND white though. He's living on the edge. The ying-yang edge man.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved


mycelia posted:

Moss balls are a thing. What's the joke? I don't have a goddamn clue. This game occasionally makes some really deep cuts.

He called her a bottom feeder.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Mikan's an awful liar. Her plan was very clever, but it didn't involve talking to people. Her poker face is terrible. But she did very smoothly push discussion towards finding someone without an alibi, and oh look, guess who Hajime just proved has an alibi.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012




Hmm... I'm not the only one who feels like Nagito is being strangely helpful now, right?

timp
Sep 18, 2007

Everything is in my control


Lipstick Apathy

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Mikan's an awful liar. Her plan was very clever, but it didn't involve talking to people. Her poker face is terrible. But she did very smoothly push discussion towards finding someone without an alibi, and oh look, guess who Hajime just proved has an alibi.

Yeah she looks guilty as hell here.

IDK if it was speculation I remember reading from onenronen's LP (an unbelievable 4 years ago) or something like that, but I'm fairly sure that the surveillance broadcast was only made to look like the music venue by hanging a curtain elsewhere in the hospital. Assuming that's the case, it reeeeally makes Mikan look bad.

Mikan-As-The-Killer timeline might look something like this:

- Somehow, Mikan finds herself in the music venue with both Hiyoko and Ibuki. I think maybe she planned to kill Ibuki and commanded her to go there, and she of course complied due to how the Despair Disease was affecting her. And maybe Hiyoko walked in on her because she wanted to use the mirror to tie her kimono? Still doesn't explain the premeditation of the imitation murders. Maybe she improvised that part. Whatever - important thing is, Mikan kills em both.

- Mikan spends the whole night setting up the crime scene. Hangs Ibuki and tapes Hiyoko to the pillar, covering her up when finished

- Goes to the hospital and falls asleep exhausted on Hajime (which is not all that suspicious because she's done it before)

- When Hajime wakes up and leaves the room, she runs to her pre-staged imitation music venue room in the hospital, puts a bag on her head, and broadcasts the video

- Follows Hajime at a distance to the music venue. Waits for him to run to discover Ibuki and run to the hotel for help, then sneaks in. Uncovers Hiyoko's body and glues the door shut while leaving

- Mixes in with the rest of the crowd outside of the hotel where Hajime is causing a scene

I feel pretty good about this! Excited to see how it plays out.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Mikan's an awful liar. Her plan was very clever, but it didn't involve talking to people. Her poker face is terrible. But she did very smoothly push discussion towards finding someone without an alibi, and oh look, guess who Hajime just proved has an alibi.

Still a better bluffer than the ultimate gambler if it does wind up being her.

Talow posted:

Hmm... I'm not the only one who feels like Nagito is being strangely helpful now, right?

Eh, he could be playing the group, but he seemed pissed during the investigation about how/why the murderer done it. I think the twist is that hes on the level here.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

timp posted:

Yeah she looks guilty as hell here.

IDK if it was speculation I remember reading from onenronen's LP (an unbelievable 4 years ago) or something like that, but I'm fairly sure that the surveillance broadcast was only made to look like the music venue by hanging a curtain elsewhere in the hospital. Assuming that's the case, it reeeeally makes Mikan look bad.

Mikan-As-The-Killer timeline might look something like this:
(snip)


I think this is pretty much it, except it also leaves out some important things:

quote:

- When Hajime wakes up and leaves the room, she runs to her pre-staged imitation music venue room in the hospital, puts a bag on her head, and broadcasts the video

- She hides the evidence of the fake broadcast: the stepladder, the rope, the robe, the bag, the candle somewhere, so well that they can't be found. It would take a bit of time moving things around in the on-call room to hide them.

- She puts on her bandages again (having taken them off for the video), and possibly her clothes as well unless she wore them under the robe.

- She encounters Kuzuryu outside the hospital, gives a quick explanation and sends him off towards the theater.


- Follows Hajime at a distance to the music venue. Waits for him to run to discover Ibuki and run to the hotel for help, then sneaks in. Uncovers Hiyoko's body and glues the door shut while leaving

Those extra things are a bit troubling, considering that what Hajime did was really simple in comparison: he ran to the music club at top speed, peeked inside for a few seconds, then ran to the motel at top speed, and yet Mikan still made it to the motel before he could leave. He didn't spend THAT much time talking to the people there.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012




FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, he could be playing the group, but he seemed pissed during the investigation about how/why the murderer done it. I think the twist is that hes on the level here.

True. Course, considering murders aren't going to piss him off by themselves, considering the first two trials.... It's like Nagito thinks the motive was Despair instead of Hope this time or something.

That's the only reason I can think of if he is on the level. Or the comedy option that Nagito really hated the movie and didn't want to be reminded of it.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

Chiaki is presumably aware that the video was made in the hospital. That's going to point the finger at someone who was there, but yep...Mikan now has an alibi.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009



Soiled Meat

My theory is that the video Hajime saw was actually a recording. The camera itself can't record, but it's possible Mikan found a working recorder somewhere and used it to broadcast to the hospital monitor somehow. Then all she'd need to do while everyone else was distracted was plant the gum/drumstick and turn up the heat, which would be much faster.

timp
Sep 18, 2007

Everything is in my control


Lipstick Apathy

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Holes in my theory

Yeah, I'm not really sure what the killer did with the stepladder, bag, robe, and candle used in the imitation. Could have just quickly thrown them in a supply closet I guess but if that turns out to be the case it'd be pretty lame.

You raise a legitimate point re: Mikan's bandages but I think that's minor. She could have just hiked them up her leg and arm in seconds to hide them under the robe. I also like Mikan for this because she has the professional knowledge required to crank up the heat to obfuscate the time of death in the autopsy report. And I just realized that this is the 2nd murder case out of three so far where an A/C unit has been an accomplice. What the hell A/C units?!

Talow posted:

True. Course, considering murders aren't going to piss him off by themselves, considering the first two trials.... It's like Nagito thinks the motive was Despair instead of Hope this time or something.

That's the only reason I can think of if he is on the level. Or the comedy option that Nagito really hated the movie and didn't want to be reminded of it.

Maybe he's frustrated because the killer didn't take him up on his offer to conspire with them during the first trial? It almost seems pointless to get inside Nagito's head, he's all over the drat place

Zoe posted:

Chiaki is presumably aware that the video was made in the hospital. That's going to point the finger at someone who was there, but yep...Mikan now has an alibi.

Yup, no doubt about the fake music venue stunt. I forgot to mention this in my outline before but obviously the killer grabbed the surveillance unit and took it to the music venue to smash on the ground. But everything else was a duplicate I think, which we're tipped off to by the tote bag. Anyone who watched the movie had access to multiple tote bags. Why include that detail unless the killer used multiple tote bags in the murder? One on his or herself in the fake music venue, and one on Ibuki in the actual crime scene.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012



timp posted:

Yup, no doubt about the fake music venue stunt. I forgot to mention this in my outline before but obviously the killer grabbed the surveillance unit and took it to the music venue to smash on the ground. But everything else was a duplicate I think, which we're tipped off to by the tote bag. Anyone who watched the movie had access to multiple tote bags. Why include that detail unless the killer used multiple tote bags in the murder? One on his or herself in the fake music venue, and one on Ibuki in the actual crime scene.

THAT'S WRONG

In fact, only the first person to watch the movie got 2 bags. Nobody else got any bags.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?



Carbon dioxide posted:

THAT'S WRONG

In fact, only the first person to watch the movie got 2 bags. Nobody else got any bags.

I didn't want to interrupt any speculation, but Monokuma said that someone bought the bags. Besides, we saw Nagito leave the theater after seeing the movie, and Monokuma didn't give him the bags then, so it wasn't linked to when someone saw the movie.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: I'm Monomi! Once again, I've been put in such an unreasonable situation!
: Seriously...he's like the king of unreasonableness. Why did it turn out like this...? We were supposed to have a fun, friendly school trip, but it turned out all bloody instead...
: Nooooo! This definitely cannot be allowed! That's why...I want you to remember this!



: Everyone, do your very best! Don't lose to yourself! And don't forget to save frequently!





: ...

The reason the killer did an imitation murder...is a reason other than falsifying the murder sequence... Does something like that...even exist?



: ...Huh? It suddenly got quiet in here.
: Did I confuse you...? If so...I wish I could die from self-loathing...
: Man, this again.



: If that's the case, it would've been just dandy if they had gone ahead and killed me too... If that happened...the imitation would've been perfect... So why didn't they do that...?
: Well, it's against the rules to kill three people in the first place!
: That rule is too harsh. I couldn't get killed because of that.
: Seriously, just shut up already! Shut up forever!
: ...
: ...



: But I'm thinking about it again and...he's totally right. It feels incomplete.
: Because they didn't kill three people like the movie did? That's only because of Monokuma's rule.
: It's not just that... Come on, try to remember the content of the movie.



: About the lion that got killed second...
: ...That's the one Hiyoko's body was imitating, right?



: Hmm... Even though we're calling it an imitation...the lion was actualy pinned by arrows, right?



: But Hiyoko's body was suspended by common household duct tape.



: Maybe they just used a common substitute because it was too difficult to imitate the arrows.
: Well, that's probably it but...that attitude is what makes this feel incomplete.
: If "falsifying the murder sequence" was the killer's plan from the very beginning... They should've taken steps to properly imitate it.
: But if we never realized it was a half-assed imitations, their entire plan would've been completely useless...
: What are you trying to say? Are you saying the imitation wasn't planned?





: I'm saying...Hiyoko's murder wasn't.
: ...What!?

Hiyoko's murder...wasn't planned?

: Um...I understand the imitation wasn't enough, but aren't you making a bunch of assumptions...?



: It's not just the poor imitation. There are also other strange details.
: Strange details...like what?
: Like, for example, why did Hiyoko go to the music venue?

Why did Hiyoko go to the music venue...?



: So...you're saying the truth behind Hiyoko's murder is hidden?
: I have no freaking clue what you're trying to say.
: However...this is getting quite interesting! My Four Dark Devas of Destruction are getting riled up...!



Why Hiyoko went to the music venue... If that's the key to all this... I need to find that out, no matter the cost!









: Why did Hiyoko...
: ...go to the music venue...?
: There's no way we'd know that!
: Maybe the killer summoned her?
: If that's not it...
: Maybe she got abducted by the killer!
: No, maybe...
: She went of her own free will...
: Or...
: She was guided by the will of casuality!

I need to find out why Hiyoko went to the music venue first!

: There are seven Truth Bullets this time but unlike the few times in the last game where seven bullets show up this game doesn't display all of them at once. Hence the two images for it (One bullet will show up in both images just due to how they load in).
: As for the debate, there were no signs she was abducted in her room and in fact Sonia mentioned a reason she might've left her room. But Sonia's Account is not in our list this time so the next best thing is probably the item that Hiyoko had on her body...



> Shoot "went of her own free will" with "Motel Room Key"









: It's just as Sonia said. She went to the music venue of her own free will.
: So...exactly as I assumed.
: If no one called for her, then why did she go?



: Hiyoko locked herself in her room because she was being overly cautious of the Despair Disease, you know? I don't think a person like that would leave their room just because someone called for them.
: There's no way she got abducted?
: Hiyoko locked the room she was staying in before she went out.
: If she was forcibly taken from her room, there's no way she would've had time to lock it...
: The killer coulda locked her door, right? Just to hide the fact Hiyoko got abducted.



: Then they couldn't have hidden her room key that deep in her kimono. They would've put it somewhere more obvious. Otherwise, there's no point in messing with the crime scene if nobody finds the key.



: At the time, you were the one who actually took out the key, right? Then, something like that--



: I won't lose!



: Are you sayin' my gut was wrong?
: This could be my first and last highlight of the day; why won't ya just lemme shine already!?
: N-No...that's not the issue...



: Shaddup! Enough with your fancy talk, I'll shut you up right now!

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

Mikan is guilty af. With a couple of her lines here I was half expecting a breakdown.

'The imitation wasn't good enough! I'm worthless and bad at murder I'm sorryyyyyy'

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


Everyone's so angry that Hajime is the main character instead of them.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Everyone's so angry that Hajime is the main character instead of them.

Eventually they're going to notice that he gathers all the evidence, solves all the cases, is never targeted in a murder and anyone who argues with him is ultimately proven wrong. Though I'd probably be leaning towards 'secret Monobear controller' at that point rather than 'we all live in a videogame and he is the player character'.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!









Round One

: Hiyoko was locked inside her room, right?
: She definitely got abducted or somethin'!
: The killer forced their way into Hiyoko's room...
: ...and forcibly abducted her!
: That girl is so small and weak-lookin'...
: And that's why the killer targeted her!

Advance!

: But Hiyoko's room was locked.
: The key was deep inside her kimono, remember?
: It's more likely that Hiyoko locked the door herself!

Round Two

: The killer was the one who locked the door!
: So what if the key was in her kimono...?
: Maybe the killer just put it there later!

Advance!

: There's no reason for the killer to put the key in Hiyoko's kimono.
: The killer probably didn't realize she even had the key!

Round Three

: Hold on! Try rememberin' Hiyoko's body!
: Her kimono was all messed up!
: There's only one reason her kimono would be that messed up...
: She fought the killer!
: That's the proof she was abducted, right!?
: My gut it totally right after all!

So this is the final stretch of Akane's argument... She's finally revealed her ace in the hole. There's clearly a contradiction in what she just said! I need to tell her!

: This one's a three-parter. Thankfully you just have to push your way to the end in this case. As for which weak point to strike, Sonia's Account is the only blade that matches the situation, and she told us a reason why Hiyoko would've left without a fight.



> Slice "fought the killer" with "Sonia's Account"









: The reason Hiyoko's kimono was messed up was because she wasn't able to properly wear it.
: W-Wear her kimono...?
: Yeah, it's also the reason why she decided to go out on her own.
: Hiyoko seemed to be really struggling with wearing her kimono... I believe...that was one of the reasons she locked herself in her room...



: ...That is why I informed her. I told her that there was a full-length mirror at the music venue, and I suggested that she use it...



: Then...the reason her kimono was messed up wasn't 'cause she fought the killer...
: Yeah, she went to the venue on her own just to fix her messed up kimono.
: I-I get it...I lost. Boil me, burn me, take off my clothes... Do whatever ya want to me!
: Hajime, now's your chance! Make her...admit defeat...or better yet, make her do a little somethin'-somethin'!

Hell no...





: Then...the killer probably couldn't have assumed that Hiyoko would go to the music venue.
: Though that may not apply to Sonia, since she provided Hiyoko with that information...
: Though I knew she would go there... There is no way I could have predicted when she would arrive...
: Don't go doubting Miss Sonia, you cretin! I'll put you and your hamsters six feet under!
: Hmph. Kazuichi... It seems you have quite the fashion sense...





: Do you want me to incinerate your clothes? Perhaps I could do that while you're wearing them?
: Gundham, please stop! For his sake!
: Huh!? What do you mean for *my* sake?
: Of course... I've already overlooked no less than ten opportunities to kill you...!





: Even if the killer couldn't predict it, why did Hiyoko get killed in the music venue?
: The only thing I can think of is...it was an unfortunate coincidence.
: C-Coincidence...?



: When she went to the venue by herself, she was probably just unlucky and walked in on the crime scene.
: She was killed so there wouldn't be any loose ends!?
: It probably happened...when the killer was preparing to kill Ibuki. The killer most likely had already placed the hemp bag over her head...and without hesitation...





: ...Killed Hiyoko.



: Because the killer used that coincidence for their crime, it made this case even trickier.
: That's the reason they imitated the movie to falsify the murder sequence.
: Which means that lowdown scoundrel didn't plan on committing imitation murders at first.
: Then what was the killer actually planning to do? They've been cunning this far, there's no way they'd kill Ibuki without a plan.



: D-Do you have any ideas?
: ...
: ...
: drat, we don't know the most important part.

The killer's plan from the beginning... I'm pretty sure we're very, very close...



: ...



: Hey Nagito... Any ideas?
: ...
: Hey, how long are you gonna stay quiet...!?



: Oh, am I allowed to speak?
: Oh, I'm so happy I'm getting goosebumps! Everyone actually needs help from scum like me!
: So what do you think...?
: I was thinking about it while I had my mouth shut...but now I'm finally able to come to a conclusion...





: Ibuki definitely didn't commit suicide!
: ...Huh? What're you talkin' about?
: I thought there might be a possibility that she faked her death and tampered with the crime scene...
: But now I remember! There was blood on Ibuki's slippers! So if she faked her death, and walked around the music venue tampering with the crime scene... There's be bloody footprints left in various places throughout the venue.
: So that's why I think there's no way she faked her death! There's no way Ibuki committed suicide!



: You know...we already finished talking about that a while ago.
: ...Huh? Really?
: That's annoying. I guess I should just awkwardly laugh about it then... Heh...heh...heh heh...
: A-Are you freakin' kidding me...? There's no limit to how useless you can be...!

Music fades out.

: ...



No...wait a minute. If Ibuki had blood on her feet, there'd be footprints all over the place if she kept walking around...?





: That's strange... That's very strange...!
: S-Strange...? What's strange?

I see...it's not something we finished talking about... Those footprints... There's still an important clue left that we completely overlooked.



Just as Nagito said, if she had blood on her feet, she would've left footprints... Then why...why weren't there any footprints on the...?




> Present "Stepladder"





: If Ibuki used the stepladder to hang herself, it's strange that there weren't any footprints on it.
: Huh? There weren't?



: Yeah, that stepladder was completely clean. No footprints or bloodstains at all.
: Y-You noticed such a small detail, how amazing! This is truly the talent of a chosen Ultimate!

What are you talking about? You were obviously leading us to this... That's why you brought up the suicide topic after all this time. Nagito Komaeda... You're definitely someone I shouldn't underestimate...



: But...didn't you say you saw that video of Ibuki climbing the stepladder...? Then...I think there's no doubt that she really did climb it...
: Unless there was something funny about that video.
: I see...so there was some kind of trick arranged in that video, hm?
: But that's something only Hajime would know, since he's the only one who saw that video...

So...just as I thought, it comes down to that... The mystery surrounding this incident...is contained in that video. And whether or not we can reach that hidden truth...is all up to me.





: ...Hajime, I leave it in your hands.
: As long as I leave this to you...I won't tell you to do your best, but oh well, you should get started already.
: Yeah, I'll definitely try...!



If there was some hidden clue in that video...I should've seen something strange as I watched it. I'm the only one who can clear that up... I'm the only one who actually saw that video...

...So I'm the only one who can do it!



The hanging video...that I saw... Based on everything we know from the debates thus far, I should be able to figure out what's strange.






: Wait, the stepladder at the scene had a bloodstain on it. And since we know that Hiyoko was dead before Ibuki, there's no way the stepladder's side would've been clean when the video was filmed.

> Select the Stepladder





: That's right, I remember now... There was definitely something strange about that video.
: Can you explain it to us?
: What's strange is that stepladder I mentioned earlier.



: It's true that the steps of that stepladder weren't dirty, but on one side... There was a bloodstain. Right on the left side of the stepladder. However...that contradicts the video I saw at the hospital.



: There weren't any bloodstains on the stepladder in the video. It was completely clean.



: That is truly strange... If the video showed the moment of Ibuki's death, then Hiyoko should've already been dead by that point.



: Even so, the fact is the stepladder had blood on it at the actual crime scene...



: ...but the stepladder in the video was completely bloodless...



: And there's no way the video was recorded in advance. If that's the case, the only thing I can think of is...
: ...It's possible those two stepladders were completely different.





: Wait, are you saying there were two stepladders!?
: But where would you find another stepladder? There was only one stepladder in the music venue.
: Then one of the stepladders was somewhere other than the music venue.
: Wh-What do you mean...?



: You're suggesting...that the stepladder in the video isn't the only thing that's different... Am I right?
: That's amazing, Chiaki! All that gaming has given you incredible deduction skills... Is it okay to say that?
: U-Um...what are you two talking about?



The stepladder isn't the only thing that's different, huh... Chiaki said that the stepladder was at "a different place" but... If that's the case, the thing that's different between that video and the actual scene of the crime...



Is that "thing" the place where the killer did something?

FPzero fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 6, 2017

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.


FPzero posted:

: ...but the stepladder in the video was completely bloodless...

Given the size of the screen, he should not possibly be able to see that kind of detail.

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013


I love that the death portraits are at the appropriate height, it's really obvious in that last picture and it's a nice touch

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!



FPzero posted:

: Hmph. Kazuichi... It seems you have quite the fashion sense...

This is definitely the wrong image.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


Komaeda is great. I love how he pretends to be an idiot while knowing full well he's the smartest person in the room.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



fractalairduct posted:

This is definitely the wrong image.

Thanks. I undoubtedly saw "Kazuichi" in the sentence and grabbed his image instead of Gundham's ever-present smirk:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Graylien posted:

I love that the death portraits are at the appropriate height, it's really obvious in that last picture and it's a nice touch
I somehow didn't notice until now that the chef's X is a knife and fork. Oh Monobear.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.


Sindai posted:

I somehow didn't notice until now that the chef's X is a knife and fork. Oh Monobear.

The Despair is in the details after all!

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.



Sindai posted:

I somehow didn't notice until now that the chef's X is a knife and fork. Oh Monobear.

It's pretty hard to catch, but I think Peko's is actually supposed to be her bamboo sword and sword bag.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008


Sindai posted:

I somehow didn't notice until now that the chef's X is a knife and fork. Oh Monobear.

Peko's is her sword and bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013





Someone's gonna hang.

  • Locked thread