Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Locked thread
Virtue
Jan 7, 2009



Doc Hawkins posted:

Sadly the editor wouldn't let the localizers use their first choice of "...Who the gently caress taught you 'octagon'?!"

Oh wow, been ages since I heard that one. And yet somehow, I still read it in his voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: Hello! I hope your day is well!
: I'm trying to force myself to be more energetic, or else my mental state won't be able to keep up! Ah, my heart's thumping like crazy! I might as well have a laidback "so what" attitude and go ahead with high energy!
: Yeehaaaaaa!
: Ah, but be careful that your batteries don't run out! For carious reasons!
: And just like I say each time, don't forget to save frequently!







: ...I-I never...expected the Funhouse itself to be the Ultimate Weapon...!





: ...Oh well, let's just press on ahead.
: I-Is it really all right to accept the situation so easily!?
: I mean, that's not what's important. The thing that's really important is the killer who used the building structure... Like, who's Mechamaru's murderer?



: But is it really okay to believe the building is the weapon? Nagito said it, you know?
: There's no way I'd lie at such an important moment. I don't want to die either...
: What happened to the bastard who kept saying how much they didn't mind dying...!?
: He's right... There was a time when I thought I could become a stepping stone for your hopes, but...



: ...I will sincerely retract that remark.
: ...Retract?
: I'm disappointed too, you know... If this was a murder for the sake of hope, I'd happily sacrifice myself...



: Kehehe... You say such falsehoods, per usual...
: There is no such thing as murder for the sake of hope. Murder is simply murder...
: Forcibly sacrificing others for one's own desires...! Even one as diabolical as I would avoid such actions!
: I see...



: It's fine... Let's just leave him alone and find out who killed coach Nekomaru as fast as we can!
: ...Just so you know, it's not like I'm gettin' hungry or anythin', you know.
: A-Akane! You're drooling waterfalls!?

Nagito... As usual, I can't tell what he's thinking. I have no idea if he's serious or not...



: Anyway...if the killer used the building structure, why don't we think about how they used it?
: How they killed Nekomaru...
: It might be better if we clarify the cause of death first, don't you think?

Nekomaru's cause of death, huh...



He was horribly damaged, as if he was beaten senseless with a blunt object... But if he was beaten with a blunt object, it wouldn't be a kill that utilized the building's structure.

So...what was Nekomaru's cause of death that also utilized the building's structure...?




> Falling



: That's it... I think he might've died from falling...
: ...Died from falling?
: If the Funhouse's secret is that it's a structure where both towers and houses are vertically connected, then the killer made use of its height and caused Nekomaru to die from falling.
: Are you sayin' they pushed him off? Where'd they push him off from?
: That...I don't know yet...



: Hmph... Don't just make things up when you don't know the method... Where in that building would you even be able to push someone off in the first place?
: It might be possible in the tower.
: You could push him off the 4th floor when the elevator is on the 1st floor.



: Did you forget how the elevator functions? When it's on the 1st floor, the door on the 4th floor won't open...
: Fuhaha! Saying he died from falling is truly incorrect! You should burn in the flames of hell!
: Hmmm...but my gut is goin' crazy right now...



If Nekomaru died from falling...where did the killer shove Nekomaru from?

...If I'm going to reach the truth behind this incident, I need to solve that mystery next!










: When the elevator is on the first floor...
: ...you can't go through the door on the 4th floor, huh...
: It'd be impossible to shove off the victim from up there...
: Then how about this?
: After locking Mechamaru inside the elevator...
: They moved the elevator from the 4th floor to the 1st floor and made use of the drop...
: Hold on, did you forget the elevator has a sensor?
: As long as there a moving object inside, the other door won't open.
: Which means the elevator wouldn't have moved either!
: That must be the threshold of that elevator...

I need to make it clear so they understand that Nekomaru fell to his death. Looks like it's all up to me.

: There's only one real possibility here and it relates to what Kazuichi said about the sensor, however, instead of agreeing with him...



> Shoot "moving object" with "Good Night Button"









: That sensor should only work is something is moving. If Nekomaru wasn't moving inside, the elevator sensor would've have detected anything.
: Could it be...his sleep mode!?



: When Nekomaru's Good Night Button is pressed, all of his functions shut down and he enters sleep mode... If he's in sleep mode, the elevator sensor wouldn't have noticed him, right?
: I see...so that's how--



: However, even if they moved the elevator in that manner, Nekomaru would have just moved along with it. There would have been no drop for him to fall and die from, yes?
: That's what I was about to explain...before Kazuichi interrupted me.
: Silence, pest!
: Now you're calling me a pest!?



A way to create the drop inside the elevator while Nekomaru is still in it... Chiaki seems to have an idea, but...what way could that be?









: If you arrange it a certain way, you can cause the drop within the elevator.
: So you're telling us all...
: ...to think about the arrangement, right!?
: That arrangement is...
: The hammer is suspicious!
: Isn't it about time we went over the pillar again?
: What about the oil on the floor?
: The doorknob on the floor seemed suspicious...
: How about we all shut up and listen to what Chiaki has to say...
: Silence, pest!
: D-Don't be so cold...
: What if I start to enjoy it!?

If Nekomaru is inside the elevator, how can you create a difference in elevation?

: Lots of options here but you gotta think spacially. To create a fall, you'd need Nekomaru to be on the 4th floor somehow. But how could you do that? Well, what if you suspended him with something like the Wire? If you did, where would you hang him? There's one piece of evidence that leads to that answer...



> Shoot "doorknob on the floor" with "Wire"







: Didn't the doorknob have scrape marks on it? That...might've been where it got scraped by the wire...
: Is that the same wire that was tied around Nekomaru?



: The tip of that wire was tied into a loop... If the elevator moved while that looped part hung from the doorknob...
: I-If they did something like that, he would have been suspended in midair!
: That's right. He was suspended in midair.
: Huh!?



: The killer tied up Mechamaru with the wire while he was in sleep mode, tied the tip of the wire into a knot, and hung it on the doorknob to the 4th floor... With that, they moved the elevator from the 4th floor to the 1st floor of Grape Tower...



: ...and suspended Mechamaru in midair.
: That's right, he was sooooooooooooo well hung! Kinda like...
: You better not finish that sentence!



: The killer took advantage of the elevator's unique feature: only the floor moves. By doing that, they created a drop so Nekomaru could fall to his death.



: Too easy!



: So what if they created a drop!? There's no way you could make him fall and die with just that!
: Why...?
: If Nekomaru is suspended in midair like that...then how do you get him to fall?



: 'Cause even if he's suspended in midair, he won't die if he doesn't actually fall!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.



Clapping Larry

The... the door handle broke, man. It's not rocket surgery.

...now there's an uncomfortable brainwave. I know it's kind of a stereotype that the guy who works with machines gives them all personalities and treats them like people, but, I mean, maybe the guy who works with machines knows better than anyone that machines are made to serve man and a machine breaking is different from and preferable to a person dying

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



Glazius posted:

The... the door handle broke, man. It's not rocket surgery.

...now there's an uncomfortable brainwave. I know it's kind of a stereotype that the guy who works with machines gives them all personalities and treats them like people, but, I mean, maybe the guy who works with machines knows better than anyone that machines are made to serve man and a machine breaking is different from and preferable to a person dying

I dunno, he kind of has a valid point for once. Even though the release mechanism was the doorknob the killer needed to either remotely detach it or have knowledge of how long it would hold out. If it gave out too early the fall would be survivable and nekomaru would wake up knowing who tried to kill him, so the killer needed some way to ensure it broke after the lift finished slowly descending.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

...

GARVASE DAY!



At this point I'm half expecting Souda to freak out and confess (falsely or otherwise) just because he's breaking down from Sonia's constant rejection.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

FoolyCharged posted:

I dunno, he kind of has a valid point for once. Even though the release mechanism was the doorknob the killer needed to either remotely detach it or have knowledge of how long it would hold out. If it gave out too early the fall would be survivable and nekomaru would wake up knowing who tried to kill him, so the killer needed some way to ensure it broke after the lift finished slowly descending.

I agree. Souda isn't saying "that's not possible", he's pointing out that there is a piece missing from the logic. Sure, a door handle might break under the weight of a robot. But this murder method relies on the doorknob breaking once the floor is several stories down, instead of several inches. Why wouldn't it break right away as soon as it was supporting the weight, so Robomaru only fell a short distance?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


When was the chapter that Sonia just decided to drop all pretense and make it plain that she's annoyed by Souda? Was it this one? I don't remember her being this direct before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!


Hobgoblin2099 posted:

When was the chapter that Sonia just decided to drop all pretense and make it plain that she's annoyed by Souda? Was it this one? I don't remember her being this direct before.

It was this one.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!


Yep, pretty much as I figured in my latest theory. Coming up next: Mechamaru made himself fall by moving and loosening the wire when he was woken up by his internal alarm.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012



Mikl posted:

Yep, pretty much as I figured in my latest theory. Coming up next: Mechamaru made himself fall by moving and loosening the wire when he was woken up by his internal alarm.

If that is the case, who will be held responsible? Hell, even if the person who tied him up and the person who pressed the door button to move the floor down were different people, who is the murderer? We know Monokuma can get real technical if it suits him.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.



MonsterEnvy posted:

It was this one.

Yeah, she started off by being pissed at how Souda was treating Hajime, and then getting fed up that he would just not leave her alone and keep trying to tag along with her and Gundham.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

One Potato to rule them all,
One Potato to find them,
One Potato to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them.





Bread Liar

Mikl posted:

Yep, pretty much as I figured in my latest theory. Coming up next: Mechamaru made himself fall by moving and loosening the wire when he was woken up by his internal alarm.

I suppose that would fit with the "suicide" theme. Mechamaru chooses to kill himself rather than have one of his friends become a murderer.


If not, if could have worked like this: maybe the wire was long enough so that it could reach the floor after the tower floor went down.

Then the killer would have just needed to yank the wire sideways and down Mechamaru comes


Good lord, that's a lot of messing around. Tie Mechamaru to door. Damage tower button in hallway. Get in elevator and take it down to the "other" building (or use secret passageway). Press the tower button there to lower the floor. Wait patiently for it to arrive. Enter tower, pull wire. Oh poo poo, handle came off too, oops. Maybe mess with the scene a little, scrawl Nagito's a wanker in oil on a wall, whatever.

Then leave the tower and go back to the elevator. Damage the exterior button thingy to prevent anyone in the other tower from calling the elvator and then using the secret passage of the Dead Room to go back to their own tower - I'm assuming it's one of the guys because of the whole "all awake and gathered together to hear the thump and therefore have an alibi" part.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 21, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!









Round One

: Even if they suspended Nekomaru from a wire...
: How would they make him fall!?
: There's no one in the tower to push him off...
: There's no way they could do that!

Advance!

: It doesn't mean someone had to push him off...
: It's possible that he fell on his own!

Round Two

: Whaaat? Nekomaru fell on his own?
: Nekomaru should've still been in sleep mode, right?
: If he was sleeping there's no way he could do that to himself!
: Heh, now's the time if you wanna take back that sleep mode thing...
: But, in that case...
: You still won't be able to explain the drop!
: Moving the elevator with Nekomaru inside...
: ...is just impossible! End of story!

Hold on... Thanks to Kazuichi, I think I've figured out how the killer dropped Nekomaru...! All right, if I use that evidence... I should be able to break through Kazuichi's remarks, too!

: Hajime's right, there was a way for him to fall on his own and it involved Nekomaru suddenly waking up. And we know exactly how he could have done that.
: Also, it's not evident from the screenshots but the minigame is getting a little more challenging now. You start with many fewer "Cuts" in this instance, meaning you have to more carefully line up the statements before slicing them so you cut more than one at a time.



> Slice "still been in sleep mode" with "Clock Alarm Timer"









: What do you think would happen if Nekomaru woke up while he was suspended upside-down in midair?
: Wh-What are you saying...? Like...how would he even wake up...?
: He has an alarm inside his body. As long as it was armed, it would've deactivated his sleep mode. Which means the killer set the alarm before they suspended Nekomaru!
: If you woke up from an alarm, and realized you were hanging upside-down and had no clue why...



: If something like that happened to you... You would start panicking a lot, right? Instinctively, your body would start moving... Mechamaru probably did exactly that.
: And then, in order to make him fall from the force he was generating, the wire was hung on the tip of the doorknob so it would easily slip off.



: In actuality, the scrape marks caused by the wire were near the tip of the doorknob, right?
: But Nekomaru didn't fall because the wire came off, right?
: He fell because the entire doorknob came off...



: When Nekomaru awoke, he must've struggled much more than expected, which caused the doorknob to break off.
: Was that...unexpected for the killer, too?
: Well, that's probably it... If they knew it'd leave behind evidence like that, they would've at least tried to do something to cover it up.

The killer didn't expect the doorknob to come off... The reason that even happened was because...





: In that case, I shall use my FULL POWER! UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

With a fierce roar, Nekomaru put all his power into grabbing the doorknob with both hands. But...

*Clatter-clatter-clatter-clatter-clatter-clatter!*

: Heh...heh heh...not yet... Here it comes...the incredible strength of one million horsepower!!!



: GUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
: W-Wait...isn't it creaking?
: If you break off the doorknob, we'll be stuck in here!





If that's really what it was... Then that's the clue Nekomaru left for us to find...



: I see... So that's how Nekomaru fell to his death...
: ...Do you finally understand now?
: Yeah... It appears it's just as Miss Sonia said... I'm just a pest... No...I'm not just a pest, I'm a total loving pig.





: Isn't that right, Miss Sonia !? If I'm a loving pig, you can say so!
: No, I believe you gave your all.
: H-Hey! Why aren't you teasing me anymore!?
: This guy... He gets off on this...!





: So thanks to that alarm, Nekomaru ended up falling while he was still hanging upside-down... That doesn't mean he just crashed straight into the floor. Of course, you know that too, right?

It doesn't mean Nekomaru crashed straight into the floor... The moment Nekomaru fell to the floor, the only thing I can think of that happened to him was...



> He collided with the pillar

: How badly I wanted to choose the cola answer...



: When Nekomaru fell to the floor, he ended up colliding with the pillar... Isn't that it?
: Finally, the pillar!
: So that's how the pillar shattered, and why oil was spilled all over the place...
: See, I told ya the pillar was the weapon! My gut was totally right!
: Well, the pillar was a bonus. It's not even clear if the killer intended that or if it was just a coincidence.



: At this point, it is quite difficulty to find a clue that will lead to the killer...
: Then what about the alarm?
: I'm positive the alarm was set for 7:30 a.m., and if we map it out from there--

Music cuts out.



: ...Hold on, Baby Gangsta.
: S-Stop calling me Baby Gangsta!





: What'd you just say? Did you say...the alarm was set for 7:30 a.m.?



: Y-You didn't check it yourself? Nekomaru's alarm was set for 7:30 a.m.
: Nah, that's impossible. Cause...even though I slept in a little, I still got to the tower at 7:00 in the morning.
: N-Now that you mention it, so did I!



: There was no way I could be late for Monokuma Tai Chi, so I left for Grape Tower before 7:00 a.m.!
: And if we found Nekomaru's body there, it would've been before the 7:30 a.m. alarm went off...
: ...It appears yet another contradiction has been birthed.



: How were you able to discover Nekomaru died at 7:30 a.m. when you went to the tower at 7:00?
: Th-That's what I wanna know!

Another mystery I don't understand...? Seriously, it's just one after another... But...I can't choke up at a time like this. Just a little more and I'll be able to reach the truth...!



There should definitely be a clue to breaking through this contradiction!










: We headed for Grape Tower...
: ...before 7:00 a.m., I am certain.
: But the alarm inside Nekomaru's chest...
: ...was set for 7:30 a.m.
: Nekomaru died because of that alarm, right?
: His time of death and the time the body was discovered...
: One of those must be an illusion!
: The killer prolly did some tamperin'.
: They prolly messed with the clock inside Nekomaru's chest.
: That's gotta be it!

The alarm that caused Nekomaru's death rang at 7:30 a.m. but we discovered his body before 7:00 a.m. I need to crush one possibility at a time if I'm going to break through this contradiction.

: Wait a second, the clock in Nekomaru's chest was a radio clock and couldn't be altered!



> Shoot "messed with the clock" with "Radio Clock"









: No, the clock inside his chest was a radio clock so it would've been impossible to mess with...
: ...So you're sayin' there's no way the killer coulda tampered with the clock?
: Maybe the clock Miss Sonia saw was the one that got tampered with.
: The clock inside Grape House...?



: No, I checked all the clocks inside the Funhouse...
: Oh, that's what I asked you to do. So you really listened to me and checked all the clocks.
: And because of that, I can confidently declare that all the clocks had the same time displayed.



: If there's no possibility that the time was tampered with, then we must doubt that human's testimony...
: Please believe me! We are not lying!
: Then...maybe it's a misunderstanding?
: I never misunderstand! I'll crush ya into dog food!





This time-related contradiction... I don't think I should doubt the testimonies...

...I should doubt the clock. There's no mistake that something was done, but... What was it?


: ...

Perhaps we've overlooked something... Maybe we're misunderstanding something...



Think... If I focus and think...I should be able to find the answer to that mystery.












: We don't know who the killer is just yet and we definitely didn't misunderstand where the murder happened. Not to mention those both aren't relevant to the current conversation.



> The time in the building



: You actually have to do some mandatory sideways jumps here. Be careful.





: As we established earlier, Nekomaru's radio clock is tamper-proof.



> The building's clocks





: If the clocks in the building were messed with but Fuyuhiko comfirmed that both clocks in both houses read the same time, that means that both clocks must have had the wrong time.



> Both house



: And that wraps it up.









: You said you checked all the clocks inside the building, isn't that right, Fuyuhiko?
: Yeah, none of the clocks had the wrong time...
: But what if all those clocks have been messed with?
: Wha-! All the clocks!?
: So even if you checked all the clocks inside the building, there's no way you'd have noticed it.



: I see... So the killer messed with the time inside the whole building by changing all the clocks...
: Tch...so that's what it was... There's no way I would've noticed that...!
: ...This is truly FANTASTIC!
: Now's not the time to be pleased. More importantly...how much was the time off?

She's right... That's the main problem. I need to clarify by how much the time was off after the killer messed with the clocks.



That's definitely the next mystery...! I'm going to reach the truth in one go!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?



I'm a big fan of the music in these games most of the time.

I think Ace Attorney did the logic dive thing better without it needing to be a minigame, when that happened it really did all come together and make sense.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017



I got to say, I love how proud Fuyuhiko sounds that he checked those clocks. He sounds so happy about it.

I have to say I didn't see Mechamaru being woken up by his alarm as the cause of him falling down. I'm surprised no one brought up the possibility that the door knob couldn't have supported Mechamaru's weight though.

Speculation about the killer, the tampered clocks being brought up at this point of the trial has me reluctantly suspect that it's Gundham. Mostly because of the part where Fuyuhiko had to turn off the alarm and Gundham was there despite staying in a soundproofed room. God, I really hope I'm wrong and it's actually Kazuichi. I like Gundham while Kazuichi has just been a huge creep. Not to mention how it would make Sonia sad.

Edit: Removed the spoiler bar. Sorry about that, sometimes it's hard to keep track what to put in spoiler bars or not.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 23, 2017

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



You don't have to spoiler legitimate speculation, which your post is.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008


amigolupus posted:

I have to say I didn't see Mechamaru being woken up by his alarm as the cause of him falling down. I'm surprised no one brought up the possibility that the door knob couldn't have supported Mechamaru's weight though.

It was established how tough the door handle was when Mechamaru tried to move it--that probably gave the killer the idea but it also provided a key piece of evidence in the case. I'm liking the design of this mystery, even if the students seem to be behaving particularly stupidly (What room goes up and down? How can multiple clocks be wrong?).

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



Narsham posted:

It was established how tough the door handle was when Mechamaru tried to move it--that probably gave the killer the idea but it also provided a key piece of evidence in the case. I'm liking the design of this mystery, even if the students seem to be behaving particularly stupidly (What room goes up and down? How can multiple clocks be wrong?).

The only people that saw Mechamaru loosen the handle were Hajime and Mechamaru himself. The killer had no reason to know the door knob was weakened, and they had to have found out how strong they were at some other point either on a different handle or prior to Mechamaru's attempt.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

#essereFerrari


I was hoping the hamster guy tied mechamaru up then had his hamsters climb up and smash the handle with the hammer. Hamsters can hold real still.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.



Clapping Larry

...oh, yeah. They'd be in the Octagon and able to go between towers the same way Nagito did.

Nice trick to mess with the clocks while everybody was asleep, though I guess they're all in common rooms so it's not that hard.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

This part at least should be easy to figure out even if I am too lazy to go back and find the old updates with the guys explaining what they heard and when.

Meanwhile Souda is just gross.

But all this time I'd been assuming Monokuma changed the clocks.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



Everyone heard him die at 5:30 so the clocks are two hours behind.

Unless some other thing made the loud thud

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012



I do not, in fact, believe the hamsters are dark gods of destruction.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved


Carbon dioxide posted:

I do not, in fact, believe the hamsters are dark gods of destruction.

And that will be your undoing.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009



I assume there's going to be some big piece of evidence reveal that hasn't been shown yet to make clear who the killer is. Either that or I need to pay more attention.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

#essereFerrari


Maybe it's nagito. He seems like he's got it all figured out, and everyone knows he's nuts so they'll assume it wasn't him.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

I'm still guessing Souda, ever moreso now that he's suddenly acting weirder than usual. There may be a breakdown coming on.

Gundham is the other maybe, but I'm going to be annoyed if the mystery hinges on hamsters being able to share information on building designs.

And there's still the fact that another idiot aside from Nagito had to be okay with playing Russian Roulette...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!




Zoe posted:

And there's still the fact that another idiot aside from Nagito had to be okay with playing Russian Roulette...

I'd believe Baby Gangsta could do it. He's already self-harmed.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Doc Hawkins posted:

I'd believe Baby Gangsta could do it. He's already self-harmed.
: S-Stop calling me Baby Gangsta!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Fuyuhiko's nickname in the Tokyo Underworld will be "Colon 3". Because he's :3

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!









: If the time in the building was all messed up...
: Then we can only rely on Nekomaru's radio clock!
: The time of death...
: ...was clearly 7:30 a.m.
: The problem is, what time would 7:30 be...
: ...in our time?
: Are there any clues that can be used to narrow that down?
: If only I heard the sound when he fell...
: It would have been a great clue...
: Or his scream.
: He's not the type to let out a scream!
: If only Nekomaru's alarm was loud enough...
: We would've heard it, too.
: There's no point in saying that.
: "If" does not exist in this world!

By how much did the killer adjust the time inside the building...? How would I even figure that out?

: Wait, we did hear a sound that could have been his fall! And you know who else did too?



> Shoot "the sound when he fell" with "Akane's Account"









: That's right... We should've heard the sound he made when he fell. Wasn't it that rumbling noise?
: ...Rumbling?
: I thought it was just an earthquake so I went back to sleep... Was that the sound from when Nekomaru fell?
: Well, a huge body fell from the 4th floor to the 1st, and the pillar fell with it... It's obvious we'd hear the impact sound.



: We heard that noise, too...!
: It was when we were gathered at the Strawberry House lounge...
: ...
: ...What is it, Sonia?





: Oh, well...that sound everyone heard... I did not hear it at all.
: ...Huh?
: You probably didn't hear it because you were sleeping...
: I could not sleep at all... I was awake the whole night with hunger pangs...
: Th-There's nothing to worry about! What's important is that rumbling noise anyway...
: If we use that rumbling sound as a reference, we might be able to figure out how much our time was off.



: I heard that sound...prolly around 5:30 in the mornin'!
: ...Huh? You can tell?
: I instantly woke up and left my room...and that's when I saw the clock in the lounge.
: Excellent work, Akane!

If that rumbling sound we heard was at 5:30 a.m... It's like the answer to how much our time was off is literally right in front of me.



> Two hours



Music fades out.

: Nekomaru's alarm went off at 7:30, and if we heard the sound of his impact at 5:30...





: That means our time was off by two hours.
: T-Two hours!? That much!?
: We were starving pretty badly... There's no way we would've noticed...
: Plus, the Funhouse has no windows, and there weren't any Monokuma Announcements either.



: ...However, for what reason did the killer alter our perception of time?
: The reason is obvious: so they could lure out just Nekomaru.

Lure out...only Nekomaru?





: If you messed with the clocks and used a specific thing, you'd definitely get Nekomaru to the tower alone, right? From there, the killer's plan was a splendid success... That's all it means.

Besides messing with the time, the killer also used a "specific thing?" If they were trying to lure out only Nekomaru, then that "specific thing" is...



> Monokuma Tai Chi



: That's it... The killer made use of the Monokuma Tai Chi activity in the morning.
: How did they use it?
: We were required to go to Grape Tower every morning at 7:00 a.m. for that activity, right? But if they messed with all the clocks inside the building, what would that do to us?
: We wouldn't be able to attend on time...but that wouldn't affect Nekomaru. His radio clock had the exact time...



: That's right. In doing so, the killer was able to lure him to the tower by himself at the precise time.
: Then when I witnessed Nekomaru early in the morning...



: If I recall, you witnessed Nekomaru around 5:00 a.m. And if that time was also two hours off, it should've been 7:00 a.m... Yeah, that's pretty much it. At that time, he was heading over to Monokuma Tai Chi right on schedule.



: I see...now that I think about it, I realize what Monokuma meant when he said those words...
: *Gasp!*
: Too early! He didn't even ask you yet!



: I honestly didn't expect everyone to ditch Monokuma Tai Chi...
: But it turned out like this after all, so I guess it can't be helped!



: When you said everyone, you were including us, right? We thought we came to the tower on time, but in truth, it was way past the meeting time...





: Aw jeez! That's...well, how should I put it...?
: Um...what was it? You know, tripping over a foot...or something like that.
: Are you talking about..."tripping over someone else's fault"...?
: Wroooooooong! Too bad!
: L-Liar! I'm right!
: That's not it! It's incorrect!
: Th-That's definitely the correct answer! You always get so stubborn like this!





: Let's just ignore the peanut gallery. Now that we've found out how the killer lured Nekomaru...
: ...the number of suspects has drastically decreased.

...Huh?

: Hey...why would that decrease the number of suspects? Don't be a friggin' liar...!
: You'll know I'm not lying when you listen to what Fuyuhiko's going to say next.
: ...Huh? What the hell do you mean?



: You witnessed Nekomaru going toward the tower... Did something else happen after that?



: Are you talking about that alarm?
: Hm? Alarm?
: A little while after I witnessed Nekomaru, the clock in the Strawberry House lounge started going off.
: Plus, it was just before that...rumbling sound occurred... That's it...so that's what it is...!



: If Nekomaru died when the rumble happened, then whoever doesn't have an alibi at the time is the prime suspect!
: Really!? Was there anyone who didn't have an alibi at that time!?



: I...remember now... The sound was so loud I couldn't help bolting from my room, but there was one guy who never left the lounge...
: We were both on the same floor... It's pretty weird that bastard never came out of his guestroom...!
: Which means...that person does not have an alibi for when Nekomaru fell...?
: Who is it...? Who's the bastard...!?





It's whoever doesn't have an alibi for that time...right?





















































: You're the only one!





: The one who wasn't there... It's you, right Nagito?
: ...
: That's right! Nagito wasn't there!



: It was just me, Gundham, and Fuyuhiko!



: You didn't come out, even though the alarm was going off like crazy... You weren't in your room, were you!?
: ...



: If that's the case, where were you?
: ...



: Please...say something...!
: ...



: If you don't hurry up and answer, I'm gonna suicide dive you--
: If I may be frank...





: Even if I wanted to go to the lounge, I couldn't.
: You couldn't...? What do you mean?
: Hmph, it's merely the foolish talk of the weak.



: Not only did I not hear the alarm, I never even heard that rumbling sound.

He couldn't...?

: You...you're definitely fuckin' lyin'!
: H-However...that is also true for me... It is obvious that I did not hear the alarm in Strawberry House...but I did not hear the rumbling sound either. Is that not strange? I mean...everyone else heard it...
: ...



: To be honest...it's not just them. The same goes for me, too.

...Huh?

: I was in a pretty deep sleep, so I thought that's why I couldn't hear it, but... It wasn't that... I probably couldn't hear it at all.
: Couldn't hear it...? What does that mean?





: You still don't know...? Think about what the three of us who didn't hear a sound have in common, and I'm sure you'll figure it out...

The only people who didn't hear the rumbling noise were Nagito, Sonia and Chiaki... The secret is...what these three have in common?



Could this...also be the secret that points to the killer...?








: Chiaki and Sonia were apparently asleep in their rooms, and Nagito says he didn't hear anything so maybe he was in his room too... In that case, did their rooms have something in common?







> DELUXE ROOMS





: Nagito, Sonia, and Chiaki... The three of you were staying in Deluxe Rooms, right? If I recall, the Deluxe Rooms are...



: The guestrooms are divided up by quality grade... The Deluxe Room is soundproof and has excellent air insulation... The Standard Room may have so-so insulation, but it's still pretty decent... And the Crummy Room has severe airflow and draft problems!



: The reason we could not hear the rumbling noise...
: That's right...it was because the Deluxe Rooms have superior sound insulation.
: You actually noticed that... Nice catch, Hajime. Are you using your "Ultimate Reserve Course Student" talent?
: ...





: Now then, you guys must understand by now, right? The true identity of Nekomaru's killer.
: H-Hold on a sec! Why does that lead to who the killer is!?
: Why...? Well, that fact just now is a very important clue, and a decisive factor in identifying the killer.
: D-Decisive factor...?
: ...





Somehow...I feel like I understand what Nagito means.

The killer among us... The killer who murdered Nekomaru...


eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?



Nice catch, Haahjimaaay!

I'm glad this is finally getting on with it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Gundham was in a Deluxe room, so how did he get awakened by the alarm?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012






Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Gundham was in a Deluxe room, so how did he get awakened by the alarm?

Sentry Devas.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

Really, really?? You end it right there? I mean it's obvious who it is now but drat. That's just mean.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

Excuse me, I'd like to
speak to the moderator




Man, this case spends way too long getting where it needs to go but this is such a great 'gotcha' moment. Right on par with Mondo in DR1.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



Rarity posted:

Man, this case spends way too long getting where it needs to go but this is such a great 'gotcha' moment. Right on par with Mondo in DR1.

We would've gotten there faster if Nagito had just explained the layout to us instead of thinking time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


Zoe posted:

Really, really?? You end it right there? I mean it's obvious who it is now but drat. That's just mean.

Don't the "Select a Culprit" updates always end before picking someone?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



Blademaster_Aio posted:

We would've gotten there faster if Nagito had just explained the layout to us instead of thinking time.

Eh, the delay here has more to do with the kids all being dumb and forgetting the soundproofing. The thread spotted gundham responding to an alarm he shouldnt have heard before we even got to trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, the delay here has more to do with the kids all being dumb and forgetting the soundproofing. The thread spotted gundham responding to an alarm he shouldnt have heard before we even got to trial.

The kids were starving, probably tired from not being able to sleep, and they would just want the alarm to shut up. Why would they care about who was out an about?

Secondly, they had to work out how Mechamaru was killed. This process would have gotten MUCH faster if Nagito just explained it. But he just threw us scraps of info.

The player usually always looks at the bigger picture. The characters do not. They probably didn't think much of it.

  • Locked thread