Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



*cut*

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009



Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Fake Byakuya is the Mukuro parallel, of course, but it's kind of a funny twist. He's so terrible at being Byakuya, but both you and the in-game characters believe that it's him because why wouldn't it be? Truly, he was the Ultimate Impostor.

Yeah, I love this twist, because it's really stupid and obvious in retrospect but in the moment you have absolutely no trouble believing that Byakuya put on 300 pounds, underwent a significant personality shift, and went back to the school where 10 people died.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The impostors really annoying because I like him but can't say why without going into the supplemental material, which is verboten.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

If that spoilered bit is a plot point, I do not know when it becomes one exactly. It's DR1 bits from Junko and rest is extrapolated from "why would this happen" scenarios.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



GuyUpNorth posted:

If that spoilered bit is a plot point, I do not know when it becomes one exactly. It's DR1 bits from Junko and rest is extrapolated from "why would this happen" scenarios.

Okay, forget what I said then.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009


Blademaster_Aio posted:

Also I get the feeling that memory loss resets your development, for better or worse.

I mean, memories right. They form a pretty big part in a person's development.

Losing them would sort of make you who you were before, in some ways.

Eh.. I find this doubtful. I think you'll react in most of the same ways and have the same personality/attitude/etc you always had, you just won't know why.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

Buried alive posted:

Eh.. I find this doubtful. I think you'll react in most of the same ways and have the same personality/attitude/etc you always had, you just won't know why.

Um, even if you were right - and you are completely wrong - the games themselves show that without their memories, the people act differently.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



Buried alive posted:

Eh.. I find this doubtful. I think you'll react in most of the same ways and have the same personality/attitude/etc you always had, you just won't know why.

No see, there is personality, which is different, and then there are your developments based on memories.

They are two different things.

While your personality is something that can change, it's also something that makes you react to situations in a certain way.

However, memories can effect the way you act.

For example say you don't like a certain food. At all. You hate it.

But the doctor told you that if you don't eat more of that food, your body would seriously suffer.

So for the sake of your health, you'll eat it.

But if you forgot the whole visit to the doctor and what they told you, why would you eat something you hate? You never ate it willingly before and you're not gonna start now without a good reason.

And what happened to Mikan.

Clearly before memory loss Mikan and after memory loss Mikan have completely different personalities. Or whatever the disease did to her.

Memories also effect your personalities.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

One Potato to rule them all,
One Potato to find them,
One Potato to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them.





Bread Liar

GuyUpNorth posted:

That case is supported by Mikan, however she was before Junko recruited her to the little Despair Cult.

Wait, what?

When did that happen?



EDIT: Added spoilers.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 2, 2018

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



You should've just added spoilers. Except anything I say now would just make things worse

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 2, 2018

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest





I'm not familiar with the plot past oren's stuff, but that all seems less like speculation and more like "wink wink nudge nudge 'speculation'".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

One Potato to rule them all,
One Potato to find them,
One Potato to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them.





Bread Liar

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.

Uncool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012






rannum posted:

I love any time the artist has to draw someone reading a book because it is always just a little off
Hinata & Chiaki reading it isn't quite as awkward as Naegi reading a notebook 5 feet away from him, but its close

The book looking like it's a 3D model doesn't help things either.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009



Buried alive posted:

Eh.. I find this doubtful. I think you'll react in most of the same ways and have the same personality/attitude/etc you always had, you just won't know why.

This is pretty blatantly contradicted by what happened in chapter 3. When Mikan got her memories back she swerved from shy, awkward nurse to cold-blooded killer on a dime.

e: I was extremely beaten. Oops.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007


Hair Elf

How many people could honestly say they'd be the same person if they suddenly reverted to their high school selves, even minus some kind of vague apocalypse that would have effected you immensely in the meantime?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006


Statistically you'd think that I'd sometimes fluke into typing a decent post. Nah. Only the most tedious, shitty posts, all day every day baby!

Don't bother engaging me, I don't ever get the hints to fuck off.




It's like booting a computer from a system restore point. Imagine four system restores on the edge of a BIOS. Brains work the same way.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009


Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Um, even if you were right - and you are completely wrong - the games themselves show that without their memories, the people act differently.


LAY-ZX posted:

This is pretty blatantly contradicted by what happened in chapter 3. When Mikan got her memories back she swerved from shy, awkward nurse to cold-blooded killer on a dime.

e: I was extremely beaten. Oops.

Aio (the poster I quoted) seemed to be speculating about what would happen if you lost your memories in real life and I was responding along those lines. I can't tell if Stabbey is referring to both outside the game and inside the game, but if the "completely wrong" bit is referring to real life studies then I'd like a source on that.

If Aio wasn't contemplating what might happen with a real life memory wipe then I'm just off base entirely, and I can't really tell which it is based on his follow up, so whatever, tabling for now.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



I was talking in general terms, about the DR universe memory loss, and obviously not about real life. Real life has different cases and different ways people deal with them. There isn't a constant behaviour in real life when concerning trauma or mental illnesses, and that applies to memory loss. Video games =/= real life.

There are examples of memory loss in other video games and some anime and they all handle the issue differently.

Personality and memories are two different things. And memories influence your actions. A lot.

The example I gave about the doctor's advice was just an example of how memories can influence your actions (that has nothing to do with personality and more with likes and dislikes)

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 7, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!







: Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial. During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the killer is, and vote for "whodunnit." If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone *besides* the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave this island!



: ...
: Oh my...Monomi? My cute little sister? You're awfully quiet. What's happened to you?
: ...
: You've ascended the ladder of adulthood and reached the moon? Because you're a rabbit...?
: ...





: Chestooooo!



: ...



: One more time!



: Jeez, how about this one!





: This will be my final blow!







: ...
: ...It's useless.
: P-Please stop! I feel bad for Monomi!
: You're right. Now's not the time for me to horse around with Monomi. The class trial has started, after all.





: The victim this time is Nagito, who was attempting to reveal the traitor for everyone's sake...
: Who in the world killed him? I'm soooo curious.



: If he was killed for trying to reveal the traitor...
: That traitor is obviously the killer! They were trying to shut Nagito up!
: ...No, that might not be it.



: Huh? Are you trying to protect the traitor? They didn't call out when we were in danger...
: Wait! Don't tell me you're the traitor!?
: D-Don't say something so stupid! There's no way in hell I'm the traitor!
: Puhuhu...now that's more like it... Why don't you guys hurry and start arguing already!
: ...



The traitor...and the killer who murdered Nagito...is here, right? Are they the same person?

Or...










: The killer didn't tape Nagito's mouth to shut him up!
: I'm tellin' you, they were torturing him!
: The reason Nagito's body was covered with wounds...
: Was because the killer tortured Nagito!
: So that's why he was so beat up...
: What were they trying to find out by torturing him?
: Definitely the bomb's hiding place!
: If so, the suspect...
: ...is whoever found the bomb first!
: That was Fuyuhiko!
: I-I found it by coincidence...
: There's no way I'd torture someone!

Why did the killer have to torture Nagito? No... Were the wounds on Nagito's body really caused by torture in the first place?

: Hajime's right to think that the wounds might not have been torture. If the killer was torturing him, why was the duct tape already on Nagito's mouth when they were inflicted? He wouldn't be able to talk!



> Shoot "tortured Nagito" with "Duct Tape"









: But Nagito's mouth was covered with duct tape, so he wouldn't have been able to confess anything. If he was being tortured for information, they wouldn't have taped his mouth like that.



: I'm prepared!





: Aw, I just realized it! It's a trap!
: ...Trap?



: Stupid Hajime! You got caught in that trap!

S-Stupid...!?









Round One

: Like you said, if Nagito's mouth was taped shut...
: You'd obviously assume he couldn't talk, right?
: But that was the trap!
: They wanted to hide the fact that he got interrogated!

Advance!

: But if you tape his mouth shut...
: How is he supposed to answer anything?

Round Two

: Pay attention, this is how it went down!
: First, the killer tortured Nagito...
: ...and got information about the bomb's location!
: Then, after they killed him...
: They duct taped his mouth shut!
: Phew, that was close you guys...
: Thanks to me, you guys didn't get caught in the trap!

They taped Nagito's mouth after getting information from him. True, that sounds reasonable... But that clearly contradicts the truth...! If he had listened to me until the very end, I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of repeating myself...

: Hajime's right about repeating himself. The duct tape couldn't have been applied afterward death because of the crinkles in it indicating Nagito was alive and breathing while he was wearing it.



> Slice "after they killed him" with "Duct Tape"









: No...there's no doubt Nagito's mouth was covered with duct tape before he was beat up.
: WH-WHAT DID YOU SAYYYY!?
: Who cares about the duct tape...? We might as well settle this with Rock Paper Scissors.
: We don't need to play a game. It's clear the duct tape was on his mouth before the torture even began.
: Why do you always side with Hajime...!? Do you have a crush on him or something!?

A-Are you in elementary school or something...!?





: You were with us when I peeled the duct tape off Nagito's mouth, right? The blood on Nagito's face wasn't under the duct tape, remember?



: The blood on his face came from his arm wounds... Which means the duct tape was on his face before his arms were even wounded.



: And the duct tape had a lot of crinkles around his mouth... He must've been struggling to open his mouth under the duct tape.
: Perhaps the duct tape was used so he wouldn't be able to scream...
: ...Then it's like I said at the beginning! The tape wasn't for torture, it was to keep his mouth shut!
: However, if they wanted to seal his mouth, they did not need to hurt him with such ferocity...
: They...probably had a deep grudge against Nagito...



: Then...are you saying the killer was trying to make him suffer?



: If so, that's friggin' crazy... Did they go psycho or somethin'?
: No, they didn't just go crazy... Whoever did this must be one crafty bastard. If not, they wouldn't have taken the time to set fire to the crime scene and destroy all the evidence...
: Hm? The warehouse fire was for destroying evidence?
: We can't think of any other reason...
: But who could have done that?



: When the fire occurred, everyone in this room was gathered in front of the warehouse.



: Yeah...and right after I opened the warehouse door, the flames started burnin' from the very back.



: Which means...it is plausible to think that nobody here set the fire...
: The killer isn't one of us...but that's not the case, huh? I mean, it's wishful thinking.
: Even if it was only a coincidence...the timing was just too perfect.



: Based on the pattern up until now...
: We should suspect that some kind of setup was used for this.
: Some kind of setup...like what?
: I-I do not know that...but...that has been the pattern before.
: That's our Miss Sonia! You have such an amazingly high intellect!



: All righty then, let's think about this based on what Miss Sonia thinks! Is that okay, Miss Sonia?
: drat right it is!

The reason for the fire, huh... They're right...we need to clear that up first...!









: The direct cause of the fire was...
: ...the oil lighter found at the crime scene, right?
: The killer used some kind of setup...
: And lit the curtain on fire with the lighter!
: Some kind of setup?
: Did they use the oil as an improvised fuse...?
: They prolly just threw the lighter.
: Based on the shape of that oil lighter...
: It can stand upright while the flame is lit!
: If they tipped over the lighter in some way...
: It could've ignited the curtain!
: Some way?
: Maybe they used invisible thread...
: There should've been a way to tip it over with sound waves!
: Or perhaps, opening the door caused...
: ...intense wind pressure to tip over the lighter!

Some kind of setup was used to start that fire... So what could it be?

: Tons of possibilities presented here but tipping the lighter over is the only reasonable way to think the fire happened. As to how it tipped over, we found some other things that were tipped over in the warehouse too...



> Shoot "opening the door" with "Monokuma Panels"









: I also agree that opening the door is what started the fire.
: Just as I thought, it *was* the wind pressure! A dust devil blown here from glorious Japan!
: No, not wind pressure... They probably used the Monokuma panels.



: A huge number of tipped-over Monokuma panels were found at the crime scene, right? It looked like they were scattered everywhere, but some were lying on top of each other in a single line. Just a single line leading from the warehouse door to the fire's origin.



: Does that mean anything?
: The killer probably arranged those Monokuma panels to create a domino effect.
: A domino effect... You mean those tiles kids play with by linin' them up and tippin' them over?
: In place of those tiles, the killer used the Monokuma panels.



: So when we opened the warehouse door, the first panel toppled into the second...and from there, they fell like dominoes until they reached the lighter at the end.
: But wouldn't it be obvious that those big panels were falling over?



: That's probably why they turned off the lights in the warehouse, so we wouldn't notice them...
: So the reason the warehouse was dark...was to hide the domino effect.



: And one more thing... There was something else the killer did to hide the domino effect, right?

The killer did one more thing to hide the domino effect...



> Present "MP3 Player"



: You're...talking about the MP3 player, right? That hymn blaring throughout the warehouse masked the sound of the falling panels...





The inside of the warehouse felt even darker because our eyes were still used to the bright sunlight outside. Within that darkness, a loud hymnal blared throughout the warehouse at full volume...

: ...Hey, do you guys hear somethin'?
: Yeah, it's really drat loud... Does Nagito like listening to this depressing crap?
: No, I'm not talkin' about the music...

And as if on cue, it suddenly started.







: That's it...so the strange sound was actually the sound of the panels fallin'...
: But those sounds weren't the only strange thing, right? Looking back on it...it was also strange when we opened the door to the warehouse.



: It's fine...I'll open it slowly...
: N-No...that's not the problem...
: Seriously, it'll be fine!

With those words, Akane brushed off everyone's warnings and slowly opened the door to the warehouse...

*Clatter-clatter-clatter...!*



: Huh? It's not opening? Is there...somethin' blockin' the door? I can barely open it...
: I-I knew it! It's a trap! Seriously, just stop it okay!?
: Didn't I tell you it'll be fine!? I just gotta use a little more force...
: What happened to opening it slowly!?

Akane ignored the protests and with a mighty kick, the door flew open.

*BAM!*



: Ah! So the door was bein' blocked by a Monokuma panel!
: And when we opened the door, the domino effect started, and the falling panels eventually reached the lighter...
: Yeah, and that's how the warehouse caught on fire... At least...that's how it looks...
: ...You don't look so sure.



: At the time, Akane mentioned that she could barely open the door...
: Because the panel was blockin' it, right?



: But the blocked doorway... There wasn't enough space for a person to fit through, right?
: Is that a problem?
: It's a major problem... I mean, that door was the only entrance to the warehouse...

If that door was the only entrance to the warehouse... I see...so the problem Chiaki is talking about is...



> The killer couldn't have left



: If the panel was so close to the door that it could barely be opened... The killer inside the warehouse wouldn't be able to leave, right?
: N-Now that you mention it...!
: Does that mean they were hidin' inside?



: Who? We were all outside the warehouse, you know?
: B-Based on the patterns up until now, I believe some kind of setup was used...



: You don't have to think so hard... There's actually only one person who could've possibly done this.

...Huh?

: You don't mean...?





B-But...if that's true... This...murder...



: Um...Hajime...? What do you mean...?
: ...

The person who set up the domino effect inside the warehouse...

There's only one person who could've done that...!


Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf


TEASE.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011



I'm guessing this case is a suicide based 100% on Nagito's death portrait having a specially-designed X, like all the killers do.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013


Still going with the "Nagito mostly did this to himself and depends on his luck to make the traitor the killer" theory.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Wanna see a demonstration of my school? It's called "Eight Leaves, One Very Big Stick"!


Taco Defender

> We couldn't take any merch

Ha ha, well, that was fast. But it had to be. Glad that this twist looks like it'll get unsorted really fast.

Stephen9001 posted:

Still going with the "Nagito mostly did this to himself and depends on his luck to make the traitor the killer" theory.

Still disagree on the principle that creating an unwitting and unintentional killer is a really unsatisfying way for the game to remove another student.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Somebody call for an ant?



Tenebrais posted:

I'm guessing this case is a suicide based 100% on Nagito's death portrait having a specially-designed X, like all the killers do.

What is it supposed to be? Arrows?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.



FoolyCharged posted:

What is it supposed to be? Arrows?

I think it's supposed to be dripping blood. Makes sense considering how he died.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!



Part 5 is looking good.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008


I've never been entirely sure the extent to which Monami must be operated by someone or is an independent robot, but either her operator is elsewhere instead of running her, or the actual Monami is elsewhere. No reaction at all to Monokuma? Not a chance!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

As you can see, he's kept immobile within his containment cell at all times, and we had no breaches whatsoever yesterday! It was a perfect day!


Tenebrais posted:

I'm guessing this case is a suicide based 100% on Nagito's death portrait having a specially-designed X, like all the killers do.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only person who instantly thought this... But, if Monokuma is setting up the dead student panels, he might also have set Nagito's up with the weird blood dripping effect just to make us think he was the killer.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

If Monokuma or his pilot is rigging the case here. Nagito did apparently too close to cracking the traitor, as the Ultimate Detective previously - but as the thread got into it, Nagito is the kind of person who would set up a Rube Goldberg machine.

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.

What is the animal trainers X? I can't make it out.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011



Vexrm posted:

What is the animal trainers X? I can't make it out.

It's a Times New Roman X. More gothic.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Haha, I don't think I spotted Mikan's cross last trial.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

by Reene


Funny story: The first time I was playing the game, it was in Japanese, a language I only kind-of understand. I ended up having to ask in the DR games thread for a recap of what happened because I couldn't figure it out. I figured I'd get the proper experience when the LP reached this point.


And so I will. It just took... A little longer than I expected, at the time.

Sindai posted:

Haha, I don't think I spotted Mikan's cross last trial.

I think the unique Xs for each of the killers was one of my favorite little touches.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido



Click here to watch this update's video!





: This is my answer!





: What if...it was Nagito?
: Wh-Why'd you bring him up!? He's the victim, y'know!
: He wasn't just the victim...maybe.
: ...Huh?



: N-Not just the victim...? What does that mean?
: He was the victim, and he was the perpetrator, too...maybe.
: Are you saying this was a suicide!? D-Don't be stupid!



: His body was covered in torture wounds! Or did you already forget!?



: A-Are you saying those...were all self-inflicted!?
: But...Nagito might do something like that, don't you think?
: Th-That's not the issue! He was tied up, remember!? Even for a creep like Nagito, it'd be impossible for him to tie up his own arms and legs!





: ...Yeah, you're right.
: Y-Yeah...as long as you understand...
: It seems we need to discuss how Nagito was able to tie himself up.
: N-Need to discuss...?
: That's not necessary at all! No matter how much you think about it, it's clearly impossible!



Like he said, it seems impossible if you think about it...but... I feel like...I'm overlooking something...









: To actually tie up your own arms and legs...
: ...that's obviously impossible!
: Tying just the legs is one thing but...
: ...tying both arms would be impossible.
: You couldn't do much with the free arm.
: It'd be impossible if you were by yourself!
: How 'bout if you use your teeth?
: Or if you use your front tail!?
: Dirty joke! Is that a dirty joke!?

If our assumption that Nagito committed suicide is correct, Nagito should've tied himself up too... That's okay, right?

: If Nagito had been totally tied up when we found him it would've been impossible for him to kill himself. But if you remember, the rope on his right arm was burned. Who's to say that that wasn't also a setup?



> Shoot "tie up your own arms and legs" with "Burned Rope"









: Hold on a sec... Isn't that premise flawed?
: Wh-What...? I-I mean, it's no mistake that his arms and legs were...
: No, it shouldn't have been both of his arms.



: The rope on his right arm was completely burnt up... Based on that, you can't say he was tied up.



: That was just...burned by the fire! He should've been tied up before then!
: It burned because of the fire... Like you said, it might look like that, but that was part of the trap. There's concrete evidence that proves it.

The proof that the burnt rope on Nagito's right arm is a trap...



> His right sleeve



: Take a close look at his right sleeve.



: Even though the rope was burnt up, his sleeve wasn't burned at all, wouldn't you agree? A burn like this, no matter how you think about it, is unnatural.



: That rope was burned in advance so it would look like it was burned in the fire.
: Then Nagito's right arm wasn't tied up, right? He was able to move it freely, right?
: ...Yeah, that should be the case.





: Hajime, that's awesome! I'll letcha cop a feel if you want!
: Akane! You should not give it away for free! Make sure they pay you first!
: ...That's definitely wrong!
: Fine... I just gotta get a Benjamin from him before I let him touch me, right?





: That's not what I meant! I'm talking about Nagito! I mean...even if his right hand wasn't tied up, the knife was still stabbed into it, you know!
: It's impossible to stab a knife into your right hand with your right hand... Ah, that much is obvious!
: Hajime...y-you tricked me! Gimme back that Benjamin!

N-Not only did she try to charge me...now she wants the money back...what the heck?



: H-Hold on...! There should be a way!
: Then hurry up and spill it!
: If it's somethin' lame, I'll make you give back the Benjamin with 10,000 percent interest!



Um... A way to stab yourself in your right hand using only your right hand... It's okay... There's definitely an answer for this.









: Even if Nagito's right hand was free...
: How could he stab his right hand with his right hand?
: If he threw the knife into the air and let the knife fall...
: Could he stab his hand that way?
: Is he a throwin' knife expert...?
: Maybe he propped the knife somehow...
: ...and slammed his right hand down on it?
: Propped it onto what?
: If he just propped the knife...
: He could have used his bound left hand!
: If you're tied up your arms won't bend that easily.
: We don't know if his left hand could even reach his right hand.

If Nagito could only use his right hand to stab himself in the palm, then how did he do it...?

: Man, this one requires some leaps of logic in my opinion. Thankfully, the longer discussion about propping the knife serves as a hint that it's probably the right answer. But how would it be propped up? Well, the only real Truth Bullet we have that could possibly be used for propping the knife is...



> Shoot "propped the knife somehow" with "Monokuma Plushie"









: The life-sized Monokuma plushie! He must've used that to prop the knife.
: Makes sense, that's why there was a big hole in the plushie's stomach.



: He inserted the knife handle into that hole to prop it up...then he slammed his hand onto it. If that's it, he had to place the plushie near him, and it also explains the mysterious blood on the plushie.
: So the blood on the plushie came from Nagito after he stabbed the knife into his own right hand...



: I-I see...so that's the trick...
: But for a moment, I seriously thought Monokuma died or somethin'.
: A bleeding plushie is super scary! It's got the same fear factor as a doll whose hair grows too long!



: After stabbing his hand, he no longer needed the plushie so he cast it off toward the fire's origin point.
: He probably thought the fire would incinerate it and destroy the evidence...
: So what do you think now, Fuyuhiko?





: I get what you're saying about the wound on his right hand but...there's still one huge problem.



: The spear... Basically, you're saying Nagito committed suicide by impaling himself with a spear, right?
: If you think about the order...getting killed by the spear should've been the last thing to happen to Nagito. If that's true, how is that possible?
: He can't grab a spear with his right hand if a knife is stabbed into it, and his left hand was all tied up.
: Then...he prolly took the spear first, and as he endured the pain, he stabbed the knife into his right hand.
: Th-There is a limit to his constitution! If you got penetrated by something so big and thick, you would die instantly!
: ...



: I'm sorry...I didn't catch all that...
: Like I said...if you got penetrated by something so big and thick, you would die instantly!
: Ah, say it one more time...I need to record it...for reasons...
: Hey bastard, you better cut it out...!



: Like she said...in that condition, it's very difficult to stab yourself with a spear. It'd be hard to use a spear with a knife stabbed into your right hand, while your left hand is tied up...
: ...So you're sayin' it's impossible.
: ...
: But no matter what I think, I can't believe Nagito's death was caused by someone else.
: I...also agree with that.



: To think that one of us could kill someone with such cruelty... I could never believe that.



: You say you can't believe it... Puhuhu, you just don't want to believe it, right? But that's why you keep getting betrayed over and over again, right? Same goes for this time, too...
: You just shut your mouth. It's against the rules to interfere with everyone. If you even think about doing anything, I have a plan of my own...!
: ...
: Gaaaah! M-Monomi's sassing me!



: B-But...it's just as Monokuma said... We've been betrayed over and over again so far, so... This might also be the same... Calling this a suicide takes too much for granted, and it's too convenient...
: Then are you saying there is a killer among us, Kazuichi!?
: O-Of course, that doesn't include Miss Sonia and me!
: As Kazuichi said...it's true we've been constantly betrayed.





: ...But even if I'm betrayed again, I still want to believe in everyone. No matter how many times I may be betrayed...I still want to believe in everyone.
: I also want to believe that there's no killer...but suicide is unimaginable.
: Do you really think so?
: B-But...you said it, too. It'd be impossible for him to stab himself with a spear in his condition...
: ...





: I did say "difficult", but I never said "impossible".

...Huh?

: I feel that there's...some way he could have stabbed himself with that spear...
: Wh-What kind of way?
: ...I don't know.
: ...You don't know.



: It's impossible to figure out by myself...so let's think about it together. That's how...we made it this far up till now.
: Everyone...working together...

She's right... We've made it through several ordeals up till now by doing that... Then...even now...!



: ...All right, let's do this!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017



Akane annoys me. A lot.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013


Why did this turn into the Sex Joke Episode all of a sudden?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!


Is discussing sex during a murder investigation not standard procedure?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

You just know if he'd used a pillow all the jokes would be about boobs.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013


Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is discussing sex during a murder investigation not standard procedure?

My lawyer has advised me not to answer this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Sonia is good and my friend.

  • Locked thread