Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

timp posted:

I remember a fringe theory from the original onenronen DR2 thread about this whole thing being in some sort of virtual reality. and Chiaki saying stuff like she's "not able to" do certain stuff almost makes me wonder if her avatar has been literally programmed to not be able to do things like reveal herself as the traitor (with the exception of that time she said it outright, but even she seemed to be surprised about that)

OK so this is the stupidest meta-speculation ever, but.

The thread tag for FP's DR1 LP was "We Forgot [9/11]", and two of the game's twists involved memory loss and the destruction of monuments.

The thread tag for this LP is "Games".

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I don't think the traitor has explicitly done anything, really. Monokuma just said they had an outsider, Nagito assumed malicious traitor and plot proceeded.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

David Corbett posted:

Say what you’d like about Danganrompa, but what’s your problem with the Muppet Christmas Carol? Answer carefully.

And see, that is the problem with saying you have a problem about something, because taken on it's own, I don't have a problem with the Muppet Christmas Carol, because it's fine. More than fine, it's delightful and entertaining and succeeds admirably at being a family movie and a memorial to the great man himself. But the problem I have with it (and I do admit that this says more about me than about the movie), is that it brands itself as A Christmas Carol story, and thus is heir to conventions of the same. And... I'm sorry, but it's just not mean enough, not nasty enough, to be my favorite version of the story. The Muppets are all (pretty) well cast for their roles, and the Spirit puppets... are OK, but the very presence of the Muppets undercut what is essentially supposed to be 3/4s of a horror story. The Spirits of Christmas are ghosts, after all, and Scrooge comes to be terrified of them all: the Past that shows him how he betrayed and misused all of the people he loved, the Present that shows him that he is very much part of the problem and throws his own hateful words back in his face, and Future that tells of inevitable death that cannot be reasoned with. I think it was a good idea to make original puppets for these guys, but it still doesn't go far enough; this was a movie in honor of Jim Henson after all (directed by his son, Brian), and bear in mind that the meanest characters he created are Statler and Waldorf, and they're both great; I have a grin on my face every time they come on. And Michael Caine himself, while doing his best, never really comes off like he's supposed to either. He's not the figure of avarice and greed that Dickens envisioned, the horrible old man we desire to suffer and then regret that desire as soon as the spirits start laying the hell into him; he just comes across as a particularly ill tempered old man who shouts a lot and sometimes throws the Muppets around- good enough for a kid being introduced to the story, but loud noises just annoy me now, they don't scare me. And you're supposed to be scared by the story, or rather, Scrooge is supposed to be scared by it; he's supposed to be so relieved on Christmas morning he can literally not stop laughing and everyone thinks he's genuinely lost his mind, and that relief hinges on a total conviction that it's genuinely all over for him, a total belief that "Oh my god, I'm dead and in Hell, and I can do nothing :gonk:". It's not really something that can come across in a children or family movie well; Mickey's Christmas Carol came close to what's needed, but has its own problems*, and even Bill Murray's Scrooged! shows up to play for that part. But the Muppets... they can't pull that off, and I never really believed that Caine's Scrooge was scared enough by his own past that any redemption would stick.

Besides, I'm kind of a purist when it comes to the story, and it rankles me too much that they cut out Sister Fannie and Ignorance and Want. I'm an English major, I take my Dickens seriously. Are you sorry you asked yet?

*Namely that it's just too short to really hit all of the required beats; it manages the fear and terror (close, anyway), but doesn't stick the landing on nearly any other front. Besides, the roles chosen are just all weird. Goofy as Marley? The Giant as Christmas Present? Pete as Christmas future? What?

Stroth posted:

Can.... Can I buy drugs from you?

Drugs? Oh, friend, I've never taken one of those in my life; I genuinely am this crazy :v:

What were we talking about, anyway? Oh, yes, Dangan Ronpa! Yes, Monokuma is the biggest jerk, Poor Chiaki, and I still don't want to say anything other than that lest I give the game away for other people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

resurgam40 posted:

I'm an English major

Are you sure? I think English majors would have heard of paragraphs :stare:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

resurgam40 posted:

What were we talking about, anyway? Oh, yes, Dangan Ronpa! Yes, Monokuma is the biggest jerk, Poor Chiaki, and I still don't want to say anything other than that lest I give the game away for other people.

I've been keeping silent in this thread for much the same reason, and also because I'm antsy to watch people's reactions to V3 when that LP starts.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Solitair posted:

I've been keeping silent in this thread for much the same reason, and also because I'm antsy to watch people's reactions to V3 when that LP starts.

Peoples reaction to this game has been amazing. Looking forward to V3 :unsmigghh:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
This is the best LP, both for the ontopic insanity and off-topic :allears:

At this point I'm waiting for the Alter-Ego moment, when Chiaki inputs the Konami Code and takes over the Mono-Beasts for a Insta-Kill Combo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solitair posted:

Is someone going to do a let's watch of the anime in between? I thought it picked up directly after 2.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: Chiaki is not the traitor!
: When we were trying to turn off the bomb... Didn't Chiaki use the card reader right away?
: If she's the traitor she woulda been more cautious!
: There is no way Chiaki would have known...
: ...if that bomb was fake or not!
: The only person who knew it was a fake was...
: Me, when I tried to detonate it!
: Unless you know a whole lot about bombs... There's no way you'd know if it's fake just by looking at it.

I don't...I don't want to believe it...but... I have to move forward... I have to move forward toward the path she's showing us...!

: We've come this far, we can't back down now. Sonia herself told us that Monomi was watching when she was testing the fake bombs.

> Shoot "Me" with "Sonia's Account"

: That's not it...!

: That's not it... Sonia should've have been the only one who knew it was a fake...

: Monomi was also there when you found out the bomb at the military base wasn't real... You said so yourself.

: I-Is that true...Miss Sonia!?
: ...
: Chiaki heard about it from Monomi. That's why she knew the bomb was a fake.
: ...Since I've been found out, I'll just confess.

: The reason I couldn't tell anyone I knew the bombs was a fake was because...if I had said that...

: I would've had to explain how I heard about it from Monomi...

Music cuts out.

: I do not want to hear that...!

No Music.

: Enough already... Please do not say another word... I do not want this anymore... I am so very tired...of doubting people...
: Sonia...
: A-And...just because she knew the bomb was a fake...

: ...does not mean we should decide she is the traitor!

Round One

: Even if she knew the bomb was fake...
: That does not prove Chiaki is the traitor!
: If that counts as evidence...
: I should be doubted too!
: After all, I also knew the bomb was fake!

Advance!

: Knowing it was a fake isn't the problem...
: What matters is who told her!
: What matters is that she heard about it from Monomi!

Round Two

: There was someone other than me and Monomi...
: ...who knew that bomb was fake! That someone is Monokuma!
: Monokuma said so earlier, correct?
: He knows everything about this island!
: Monokuma probably told Chiaki...
: ...that it was fake beforehand!
: If so, you cannot declare that...
: ...Monomi and Chiaki were working together!

What Sonia's saying is all over the place, but she should know... I also wish it wasn't true...

I'm hoping that Chiaki says "Just kidding!" with her usual tone of voice...

But that... It's just my selfish desire...! Chiaki isn't wishing for that!

: It's painful, but Monokuma told us in the factory that even though he knew the bombs were fake, he never told anyone about it. And...Sonia was right there listening to the conversation when he did.

> Slice "it was fake beforehand" with "Monokuma's Account"

: Tch...!

: You're right. Monokuma probably knew the bomb was a fake... But Monokuma shouldn't have told anyone either.

: Then...where did Nagito obtain the bomb he used?
: I wonder...
: If I'm gonna give you guys a hint, then you should know it wasn't from the military base.

: To tell you the truth, the bombs there are all fakes!
: I-I know that already! You...should have said so earlier!
: Well, I thought if I kept quiet it would foreshadow that a killing was gonna happen. That's why I'm just now telling you for the first time! Phew! I feel relieved!

: Th-That... Monokuma may have just been lying...!
: No, he won't lie at times like this. You already know that...

: H-Hajime... Are you going to believe Monokuma over Chiaki!?
: That's...not it...

: It's just...even if Chiaki is the traitor, is it really okay to vote for her? That basically just means...we have to believe in Nagito's luck, right?
: That's not it...

: A-Are you telling us to trust his luck? Are you telling us to entrust our lives to that bastard!?

: There's no way I can believe in Nagito!

Music cuts out.

: I'm telling you that's not it! We shouldn't believe in Monokuma...or Nagito...

: We have to believe in Chiaki!
: ...Huh?

: It doesn't matter who the traitor is...
: Even if Chiaki is the traitor, that's not the Chiaki I know. I believe in...the Chiaki who's been with us this whole time.

: That Chiaki is saying she wants to protect us with her life!
: So the only thing we can do is believe her! If we don't...nobody's going to be saved!
: ...Dammit.

: Hey, can you listen to me a little? There's nothing to be sad about, you know. Cuz...this is different from what happened before. Unlike before, you guys don't have to stay alive by doubting someone... You guys can stay alive by believing in me.
: Are you telling us to believe in you...and sacrifice you? That is just too cruel...
: ...I'm sorry.

: Ch-Chiaki...!
: Monomi...I'm sorry, too. You're probably gonna get scolded by a lot of different people for this...
: But still, I want to protect everyone by any means.
: And...I'm happy that I'm able to do that.

: It's not up to me to decide whether that's right or wrong.
: However, I believe it's truly amazing that you are able to think like that.

: We could even call this...a miracle.
: Hey, what've you two been talking about? Everyone's jaws are dropping, you know!
: ...I know. It's voting time, right?

: H-Hey...Chiaki...

: You don't have to worry. Believe in me...and cast your vote.

: God...drat it...!

: Why...did it end up like this...!?

...It's not fair.

I...feel the same as everyone else.

There's no way I can agree to this...!

Emptiness.

Loneliness.

Sadness.

But most of all...I'm ashamed of my weakness.

But... Even so...

...I have to move forward.

If we believe in the person who's urging us forward...

...then we have to start walking.

And believe...with as much hope as possible in what lies ahead...

: Even so...!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Sonia's Rebuttal Showdown here might just be the most heartbreaking thing in the game so far.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, the presentation in this section was fantastic. Changing up the music and the audio cues like that. No one wants to be doing this.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Sonia is truly the best character.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is someone going to do a let's watch of the anime in between? I thought it picked up directly after 2.

Yeah, the anime is a direct sequel to 2 (and prequel to 1 and 2), but I'm almost positive that you don't need to watch it to play V3.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

I love hate love feel emotions that this is the only time where you, the player, must personally cast your vote for who the killer is.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

dancingbears posted:

I love hate love feel emotions that this is the only time where you, the player, must personally cast your vote for who the killer is.

It makes me wonder, what happens if you don't vote for Chiaki? In theory, so long as everyone else still voted for her she would still be considered the proper guilty party right? So what happens if you don't vote for her? Does it act like everyone else ended up not being able to do it as well, or...

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Stephen9001 posted:

It makes me wonder, what happens if you don't vote for Chiaki? In theory, so long as everyone else still voted for her she would still be considered the proper guilty party right? So what happens if you don't vote for her? Does it act like everyone else ended up not being able to do it as well, or...

Hajime just goes "..." and you take damage. You have no choice. Just the icing on top of the sundae that is the ENTIRE "I love and hate 2-5 at the same time."

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Solitair posted:

Yeah, the anime is a direct sequel to 2 (and prequel to 1 and 2), but I'm almost positive that you don't need to watch it to play V3.

This is correct.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The anime is also pretty bad for a variety of reasons.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Lord_Magmar posted:

The anime is also pretty bad for a variety of reasons.

I enjoyed the prequel half. The sequel, not so much.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Stroth posted:

I enjoyed the prequel half. The sequel, not so much.

I found both to be thoroughly eh. The prequel half less so than the sequel until about midway through.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like the prequel because we got to see more Junko.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Just a reminder that DR3 animes talk shouldn't be in this thread.

Discomusic
Aug 8, 2016
drat, I liked Chiaki a lot, she became our assistant character before we even noticed.

I just hope she is going to explain something about the whole traitor thing before leaving us.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

dancingbears posted:

Right? Right? :allears: Oh I came to video games because I was a bored young child and wanted something to do. But then I discovered that games can have stories, and then some creators started getting creative with the emotional responses... And today, there's an entire section of games dedicated to exploring the idea of video games as emotional catharsis. (Well, I say today, but there were such games even back then, but what wasn't lost in the din of the shooters, RTSs, racing and sports was misinterpreted by a growing and ravening fan-base...) Beyond greater questions of quality of graphics, ease of controls, and what else have you, there is a special place in my heart for games that are able to engage your emotions, that evoke a genuine response, even if that response isn't particularly pleasant: The Last of Us, Night In The Woods, The Cat Lady and Downfall, Actual Sunlight and Depression Quest, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Gone Home and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, plus all of the games Fedule mentioned in their post... all of these have ambitions beyond simply being entertainment, and all are in my estimation worth playing even for what they attempt.

And I would definitely say the same about this silly, gross series, and moments like these, their presence among the weird humor and brutal murders, are why. It is not enough to be involved in implicating a character you didn't know was even growing on you until now in a murder that will be punished in the most horrible, gruesome fashion by the bloodthirsty lunatic who's trapped you here... you have to push the button. You have to pull the trigger yourself, and you could refuse, just turn off the game right here and walk away... but then you won't know what happens next. And you don't want to know. But you do.

There is a definite art to pulling that feeling off.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: Man, I'm pooped. Let's go ahead and announce the result...
: The traitor from the Future Foundation, and Nagito Komaeda's killer is...
: Chiaki Nanami!

: Are you serious? That was correct...!?
: The fact that Chiaki was a traitor... The fact that Nagito's crime depended entirely on his luck...
: Everything...was true...?
: Plus...that means that bastard managed to pull it off...!

: ...Congratulations everyone.
: Stupid...we're not celebratin' at all...!
: Chiaki...let me ask you one more time...! Are you really part of the Future Foundation...? An agent of the organization that brought us to this island... Is that...really your true identity?
: ...I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys.
: Tch...!

: I-I cannot believe it... Even though I do not want to believe it... There is no choice but to believe, right?
: ...I'm sorry. It would've been better if I could've said it sooner...but I couldn't say it no matter what.
: Cuz...I can't betray the Future Foundation...
: ...Can't betray?

: Even if you want to fly, you can't, right? Even if you want to swim where you please, you can't right?
: It's the same for me... Due to the nature of my existence, I will never be able to betray the Future Foundation...
: What the heck... But in the end, you did something similar... What you did...is no different than sharing your secret yourself.
: Haha, you're right.
: N-Now's not the time to be laughin'...

: ...But strangely enough, I don't have any regrets. In fact...I'm somewhat happy. I was able to think I wanted to protect everyone. That's why...I feel proud of my actions.
: You're still saying things I don't get but...if we ask you anything you're just not gonna answer, right? Like, if we ask why you were in the Future Foundation and stuff...
: ...I'm sorry.

: E-Even if you were a traitor... You...never betrayed us. Chiaki...you will always be our friend. Even now...
: We don't blame you for this! That's why you don't need to apologize!
: So the traitor was revealed...and Chiaki lost... In the end, it all went according to Nagito's plan, huh...

: A-About that... Was that really...Nagito's goal? Is it really okay to say he was trying to find the killer and eliminate them? If so...isn't it strange?
: ...Strange?
: I mean...we nearly lost, right? And if Chiaki hadn't said anything, we definitely would've lost.

: Puhuhu...you've raised a good point. That's exactly it...

Music fades out.

: Even though Nagito said he would weed out the traitor, he never said he would kill the traitor.

: Congratulatiooooooons! You successfully stopped Nagito's plan! I mean, Nagito's plan was to reveal the traitor...
: ...and kill everyone else besides the traitor!

: K-Kill everyone else besides the traitor!?
: That...was Nagito's goal...?
: Wh-Why would he do something like that...!? Of all the... To form a plan that only the traitor would survive...
: Is that bastard really that twisted!?

Music cuts out.

: ...It's okay.
: O-Okay...what?

: I mean...it's not just Nagito's fault. If the circumstances had been different...he probably wouldn't have taken things so far.
: Chiaki... You really are a kindhearted person.
: ...Huh? You think so?

: Jeez...I wonder where you got your personality from?
: Maybe our dad and our big brother...don't you think?
: Hey, don't go talking about your family all of a sudden! That's totally ripping off Teruteru!

: Then I...I cannot lose to Chiaki! Just like Chiaki and everyone else... Even if I know it's a fight I cannot win...
: I must try to retaliate!
: ...Heh? Retaliate?

: I...will no longer let you do as you please!
: S-Stupid...! Stop it...what are you doing!?
: Eeee! As they say, we shall die together!

: ...Sh-She self-destructed!?
: Wh-What is...what's going on...?
: Monokuma, like, die-

: ...I'm not dead!
: Whoa! A new one loving came out!
: Phew, man, that surprised me... If only I didn't have a spare, I would've died...

: Not yet! I'm not done yet!
: Hey...wai--

: If I don't beat you... Nobody can...live in peace!
: S-Stop it I say! I'm sorry, I lose, forgive me!
: Eeee! As they say, we shall die together!

: Hey, hey! Not yet!
: S-Seriously, stop it... If you don't stop right now...it's all going to be destroyed...
: O-Of course! I'm doing it so you'll all be destroyed! I will be the one...to protect my students... I will protect them with my life!
: M-Monomi...you...!
: Now then, how many of you are still there!? You might as well come out all at once!
: Ummmmm...h-how many... Not that much...

Music cuts out.

: ...Just around 10^60.

: ...Huh? What did you say?
: O-One million...
: One, ten, one hundred, one thousand, ten thousand, one million, one billion, one trillion, one quadrillion...jump ahead...10^52...10^56...and then 10^60. ...That's 10 to the 60th power.
: Ha...haha...
: A-After all this, you're still joking around. You sure have quite the daring spirit!

: Except I'm not joking!
: What are you even saying anymore!? Didn't you see that scene!?

: While you're doing this...my clones are continuously and endlessly created...in the Monokuma Manufacturing Facility.

: Wh-What...!? Those were just stuffed animals...!
: Th-That's right...! I...checked them with my own hands... They're just plushies!
: Y-You're just bluffin'...! Monomi...finish him off!

: Even if it's just a plushie, as long as you give it Monokuma's personality...
: ...It becomes a fully developed Monokuma.
: Wh-What did you say...? Th-There's no way that's possible! That's not even magic!
: Magic, huh... Puhu...puhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu...!
: C-Could it be...! Have you already obtained that much power...!?

: H-Hold on! If you bring up magic so suddenly, we're gonna be so confused! Unless you mean magic in a technological sense, we won't understand this at all!
: Wh-What's going on... Don't tell me...they're not gonna call this magic or something...?
: Well, I don't care how you interpret it...

: In the end, even if Monomo risks her life or does whatever, it doesn't matter to my army of 10^60 strong!
: Hahahahaha, there's no value in that life you're risking!
: So how about this! This overwhelming despair! Does it make you dizzy from excitement!?

: And how many Monomis are left to challenge my army of 10^60?
: Ugh...tch...ugghhhhh...!
: Puhuhu, you don't have to say anything, I know. Let's see...you just have 10 more left, right?

: I know everything! I am the conqueror of the new world!
: I-I won't give up...! Even if I have no chance of winning...I...!

Music cuts out.

: ...It's okay, Monomi.
: It's not about giving up, you know...

: Let's believe in them... Let's believe in everyone...and leave the rest to them...
: B-But...!
: ...Right?

: Dammit...what the hell is goin' on...!?
: I-I do not know for certain, but the only thing I can say is...

: ...Monokuma is an enemy of the Future Foundation.
: Does that mean...there's another organization that's our enemy besides the Future Foundation...?
: We're in this situation because we're caught up in a dispute between these two organizations?

: Okay, that's it! Let's just leave that talk for later!
: Because...because because because because...

: Because the punishment time's gonna start!
: ...Ugh!
: H-Hold on! Just a little more...just a little more time...
: To wait or not to wait...that is the question. But which will cause more despair? That's the REAL question...
: If you think about it, you'd know, right? There's no way I'd wait!
: B-But...I haven't...!

: ...I'm sorry, Hajime. Regardless...there's nothing else I can say. I'm not allowed to say anything more than I already have.
: N-Not that, I...

: Now then, I have prepared a special punishment for Chiaki Nanami, the Ultimate Gamer!
: ...Ah, for Monomi too!
: ...Huh? Why...even Monomi?

: It's just a two-for-one special... I could've killed that thing any time I wanted since she's not a student. And also...I don't need anybody that will defy me any more.
: Ah, also...I remember now...

: I'm an only child!
: Wh-What is that!?
: It's okay... Even if I'm here, I'd just be a burden anyway... And not just that...
: I've decided to believe in everyone!

: You guys, I'm sorry about so many things... I'm sorry...for lying to you.

: I'm sorry...I couldn't protect you to the very end...

: Just one last time... Let me say something that makes me sound like a teacher.

: There's no need to be a hero. You don't have to force yourself just to make people acknowledge you.

: When you do that, you end up blaming yourself, blaming other people...and feeling jealous of everyone...

: But still...it doesn't have to be like that.

: Even if people don't acknowledge you, you just have to be someone that you can be proud of! Cuz...you yourself are your biggest supporter!

: If you can learn to love yourself... That love will continue to support you for the rest of your life. Love...love...

: Bye everyone... It's okay... A shining future will always be waiting for you. It's true...it's absolutely true...
: Cuz...I know.
: Bye-bye! Please don't forget about your teacher!

: Then let's proceed with high spirits! This is the very last...Punishment Tiiiiiiiiime!

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That pause.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

That music.

This game got kinda weird with the executions there, but Chiaki's is goddamn incredible, IMO. By this point I had basically given up on anything reaching the heights of Thousand Knocks, but I reckon this one takes it.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

... You're an rear end in a top hat, Monokuma.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

resurgam40 posted:

... You're an rear end in a top hat, Monokuma.

to the 10^60th power. At least the team will come together now that they've got a united enemy, much like in the last game?

And since I'm reaching: Monomi & Chiaki have the same brother and father? Doubling down on "this is all a dream/game". And since we have the Ultimate Gamer, that means there's cheat codes to be abused! Try tgm at the console!

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
People often wonder why there was about a month where I couldn't bring myself to play Space Invaders, Pac-Man or Tetris at all. This is the reason why.

(Why yes, Chiaki may very well be my favorite character in the series, what gave that away lol?)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm sure a sweet rear end tetris combo is the way she would have wanted to go.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This is almost certainly all some kind of simulation. Monokuma pulling a million more Monokuma's out of his rear end with 'magic' kind of highlights it but there's been plenty of other weirdness pointing that way all along.

So Chiaki is just an AI or something...which is what I had to keep telling myself over and over to watch that execution.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

FPzero posted:

: To post or not to post...that is the question. But which will cause more despair? That's the REAL question...
: If you think about it, you'd know, right? There's no way I'd post yet!

FPzero posted:

: To wait or not to wait...that is the question. But which will cause more despair? That's the REAL question...
: If you think about it, you'd know, right? There's no way I'd wait!
Dammit FPzero! :argh:

On another note, am I the only one who gets annoyed by the fact that the bit between the trial and the punishment is never completely voice-acted? It feels like such a sudden change every time.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zoe posted:

So Chiaki is just an AI or something...which is what I had to keep telling myself over and over to watch that execution.

Something something "which will cause more despair?" something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yamchaaaaaaaa! :cry:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Carbon dioxide posted:

Dammit FPzero! :argh:
:D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SMaster777 posted:

People often wonder why there was about a month where I couldn't bring myself to play Space Invaders, Pac-Man or Tetris at all. This is the reason why.

(Why yes, Chiaki may very well be my favorite character in the series, what gave that away lol?)

Oh such sweet despair

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Sindai posted:

I'm sure a sweet rear end tetris combo is the way she would have wanted to go.

It was only three lines though. The ultimate insult.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
...yup, I still cried. It seems I can't not cry during this post-trial and execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And yes Nagito's plan failed.

• Locked thread