Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Huh. Well then.

e: update on previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

What is going on :stare:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BlackPersona posted:

poo poo is getting real.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Ooh, I forgot about this part! :dance:

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Solitair posted:

Ooh, I forgot about this part! :dance:

Yeah. I forgot too.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Yeah. I forgot too.

I did three. :D

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Uh.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

BlackPersona posted:

Something which has been foreshadowed really blatantly since literally the first update, I'm guessing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, goody. Now the fun can begin.

Will the spectators of this mad play bring about a shining hope burning as brightly as the sun? Or a despair as dark and deep as a moonless midnight?

Only time will tell.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

BlackPersona posted:

The dream is collapsing. They have to go deeper.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

BlackPersona posted:

Just Monokuma.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

BlackPersona posted:

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
BECOME AS GODS

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
A lot of people didn't like the last part of DR2, but honestly, I thought it was fantastic. Everything I had hoped it would be and more. :allears:

Virtue posted:

Was this foreshadowed before? Someone please remind me so I don’t have to re read the whole LP.

Almost constantly. In the splash art, Chiaki's upside down compared to everyone else, she's the only one who wanted to go along with Monomi's ideas before Monobear showed up... She was basically always the odd one out.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 30, 2018

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I’m getting update withdrawal after that cliffhanger

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I require more update.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Solitair posted:

Yeah, the anime is a direct sequel to 2 (and prequel to 1 and 2), but I'm almost positive that you don't need to watch it to play V3.

You are correct. V3 has some callbacks to DR1/2/3, but even just having a passing familiarity is enough to get the references, basically.

I detest DR3. I'd love to have a Let's Watch of it just so I can point out all the things I hate about it. :v:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

RedMagus posted:

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
BECOME AS GODS

Danganronpa is messed up enough without throwing some :yokotaro: into the mix. Sure there's child murder. But nobody is eating the corpses... yet.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Fun fact: Kaz Kodaka, Kotaro Uchikoshi and Yoko Taro are all, as far as I'm aware, not (publicly known to be) doing anything at the moment... Can you imagine?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Fedule posted:

Fun fact: Kaz Kodaka, Kotaro Uchikoshi and Yoko Taro are all, as far as I'm aware, not (publicly known to be) doing anything at the moment... Can you imagine?

Isn't Yoko Taro doing that Record of the Office Lady War game?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

There's another Nier game in production, so presumably he's involved in SOME capacity.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 30, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:frogsiren: ¿ChAp░er ⅟ De▓▒ly LIfë ƥarT � :ducksiren:
(Potentially seizure warning for the last 30 seconds, there is some minor flickering)

When I left the cottage, I randomly ran into her.

: Ah, Hajime, good timing.
: Good timing...what do you mean?
: Remember Nagito's video message that we found at the factory?
: Yeah, when we were dealing with the bomb ruckus... What about it?

: Apparently there was more to that message inside that laptop.
: ...Huh?
: We weren't able to see it until a day or so had passed. Apparently it was locked by a timer.
: Did he...set it up so we wouldn't be able to watch it until after the class trial?
: Wh-Why...would he do that...?

: Maybe...Nagito planned to leave this as a will.

Nagito's will...?

: Where is it right now?

: We were just planning to meet at the restaurant and watch it together.
: G-Got it...the restaurant...

: ...
: Everything is fine! :shepface:

: I was specifically asked by multiple people over the course of the LP to check every single dead student's cottage at this point in the game. Let's do that now.

~|~|d&#wGuidewyou-p^l??u?
`+`+Fate_joftheTogamiClan2389

: Nagito...I can't believe you actually left a will...

Fine, then I'll make sure to listen to your last words...!

Tremblewithfear!#%'*)P()~)~%$#
Iwilldie2wiceeeeeeeeeeeee:@`?

******~~~~|anj63t&%&%&mama&:[+
what7732happenedHanamu%%raDiner)

SHITk&&p#spds~=~~+@:T;^--8y
*?`*DOIT:OGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

upup0'&'&downdown*+==^^leftrightleftright
abstart:(sorry&'f%guys*&)don't&lose

mrmrmraaaaants-o,,o,,o'(~=squish
~;31-o,,o,,o'mi$s[@Ma9hiru8823

(`へ´)?@Justice(-Д-+)(°ロ°)>(●`п´●)
tool?youngmastetool:@:@youngmasteryou

PP@040Yahoooooo23`*?@@please
'A;@listento:.o./onesonnnnnng:@;@

48805:/:lf~|@;:wanttomakeamends;l"
?*saycheeseL68(smile:$2243+Leveryo*ne

haha@?@@"haha!":hahahahahaforgivemeloveme
forgivemeloveforgivemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

: Everything is juuuuuuust fine! :shepface:

: Let's go inside.

: Yeah, everything here looks right to me.

: Hey, you're late!
: Is it true? Nagito really left another message?

: Kneel before Miss Sonia and thank her! She was the one who found it!
: I was going for a walk with Gundham's hamster and I found it when I stopped by the factory!

: Hmph, a coincidence you say? Wrong! That is the will of causality guiding you.
: Why would Miss Sonia be going for a walk with Gundham? I never allowed that.

: ...So anyway, let's hurry up and play it.
: Yeah, you're right...

: Um... I wonder who's watching this message? ...Is it the traitor from the Future Foundation? If so, congratulations... Looks like it ended the way I hoped it would.
: Ended the way he hoped it would...

: Nagito was trying to kill everyone except the traitor... Dammit...it was just as Monokuma said...
: So he...really set up the traitor as the killer...and he even tried to make them survive the trial? But...why would he do that...?

: Enough with your useless talk. It appears there's still more.

: But...if everyone but the traitor is watching this video... Then unfortunately, I guess I lost. That outcome is the complete opposite of the hope I believe in. Well, not that it matters for me anymore... I mean, no matter what the outcome is, it doesn't matter for a dropout like me.
: Now then, let's put this meaningless introduction aside and get down to business.

: Since I don't know who I'm talking to, I'm going to speak so that both sides will understand.
: First of all, you might be wondering why...I did what I did. Well...I just took action after talking about it for so long. The special prize in the Final Dead Room allowed me to learn a certain truth... It would be troublesome if everyone found out, so I already disposed of that page...
: But anyway, I was totally surprised. I mean...

: Yin●ingObJoyTy#%'*)∇&cyoum
: $psm,03r49jf[@-ultkdrtdes

: The Future Foundation's traitor must've known that truth all along... And so, I was able to learn the truth about this world and resolved to take action immediately.
: I shouldn't have made fun of Hajime. Deep down, I always wanted to become a protagonist myself...

: 42md*)(%^'+'+8rmnfd!@#k
: checkthewebfordetails:"?(%*!

: ...But now that I know that truth, as I look back on Monokuma's actions... I'm starting to see what he's planning.
: By giving us information about the island's mystery and the Future Foundation, he's raising all your hopes... But only so he can lead you to unimaginable despair...
: Plus...Monokuma's trying to show that despair to someone... Perhaps, that someone is...

: seriouslypissingmeoff+hellan1ce2icAntb3l3vess0ometh1ngg
: 00dl1keth1sisonly$102s0happy~=~+1tss0happyOrz

: Jeez...what a hopeless truth... Who is Monokuma's true identity? How could they come up with a plan like that?
: But...that's enough reflecting on the past. Let's talk about the future now.
: If you want to escape Monokuma's plan, there's a specific place you need to go to... The key to enter that place...is that message you found at Nezumi Castle.

: Normally, you need to follow a bunch of steps to enter that place... But since that message gets rid of those steps, you can think of it as an easter egg or something. It was probably left by someone other than Monokuma or Monomi. But that has nothing to do with me...

: Ah, you guyswstillthinkyou're n0tg0nnad13ors0m3th1ngwwwstopitstopitd0ntmst0p12

: ...I had to hide this until my plan came to an end, but I guess now's a nice time to announce it, right?
: So then...I'll announce the password.

: 11037.
: That...is the password that was written in Nezumi Castle. You have to use that to enter that specific place. That's the only way you can escape Monokuma.
: I feel like I've been talking forever but...that's all for me. With this, my duty is finished... I believe my actions will become the foundation of this world's hope. And...if that really happens...
: Praise me. Tell others what I've accomplished. Erect a bronze statue of me. Respect me.

: Please call me...the Ultimate Hope.

This was...Nagito's final message...

: Um...that "11037" number that Nagito said was the password...

: There's no mistaking it! That's the password to enter that ancient ruin!

: You better hurry...I think. Let's go before the countdown reaches zero.
: ...You're right. Let's go.

: That bastard Nagito...he was screwed up till the very end. What was that "Praise me" crap...?
: After all the crap he put us through, there's no way we'd ever do that!

: All right, looks like it's finally my turn! I'll punch Monokuma so hard he'll go flyin' around the world! As long as coach Nekomaru and me are here, we won't lose! Just leave it to us!

: Looks like...the others have left already... We should go too.
: What, are you scared now?
: O-Of course not...! Let's crush Monokuma's plan!
: You're right...there's nothing to worry about...since...everyone's here...

: Now then, let us make haste to the ancient ruin! As long as we work together, we will not lose to Monokuma or anyone else!

To go to the trouble of preparing something like this... Nagito was unpredictable until the very end...

) ? We're’B=not’ %423alone$*]`?`+We're ? ; :
**always
together, you know ? * fwe$+

Now's not the time to relax... I need to hurry to the ancient ruin on the 2nd island!

: 2nd island looks different today

: Time to go to the_____________________

: S-Somehow...it is quite nerve-wracking...

: Is it really safe to go inside? Wh-What's gonna be in there?

: It's so unreliable to be freaked out like that... You're a man, aren't you?

: There's also that countdown! There's no time to stand around!

: drat right! It's our last chance to get inside!

: I-I'm starting to feel nauseous from the thrills, the chills, the kills...

: Ah, if you're gonna let it out, why not do it in the Tupperware I keep with me?

: Hey! Now's not the time to gently caress around...!

: It's going to be all right. You don't have to worry...I will protect my young master. Now then, let's go forward together.

: ...The hell? Don't treat me like a kid.

: Believe that hope lies beyond this point! That is your leader's order!

: Oink! Oink oink, oink oink!

: ...What was that?

: I told her that you only understand piggy-talk!

: I said "You're so cool!" in piggy-talk!

: ...I'm going to kill you!

: Hajime, the password please.
: Yeah...I know...

: 11037...right?
: There's no need for you to worry... The only thing beyond this point is a shining future. Now then...let's open the door to the future.

Music fades out.

Beyond this door...

The future is waiting...

A sparkling future...

Now then...let's move forward.

: Is this...a trial ground?
: But why...am I at a trial ground...?

: It sure looks like a trial ground, but...the vibe is way different than the one from before...
: Um... By the way...
: ...Huh?

: Um... Where did...everyone go...?
: ...Hm? Everyone?

What...?

Something's...wrong...?

What did I do...?

No...that's not it...

I'm not the...weird one...

What's really weird is...

...this world?

:siren: Click here for the end of Everything. :siren:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I can't believe Chiaki got the Konami Code wrong.

More like Ultimate Fake Gamer Girl.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 31, 2018

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

And the game blocks out all important stuff of Nagito's message. How dare you dispose of important stuff Nagito. And what do you mean praise you?

Don't you mean more like kick you?

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Huh?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
This is cool. Really disorienting. The password reveal and New World Order made me smile bigtime.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Fedule posted:

I can't believe Chiaki got the Konami Code wrong.

More like Ultimate Fake Gamer Girl.

That made me laugh.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Trapped in a failing simulation, or having a psychotic break?

Taking all bets!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

When I saw how you ended the previous update, I was confused. Wouldn't Chiaki suddenly showing up be the better thing to leave on?

Also, congrats for whoever guessed that the password would be 11037 :toot:.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Also, congrats for whoever guessed that the password would be 11037 :toot:.

What seems in my memory to be an enormous number of people guessed this way back in Oren's LP based on nothing other than that it would be the most loving Danganronpa possible way for that to play out, and they were on every possible level not wrong.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Fedule posted:

What seems in my memory to be an enormous number of people guessed this way back in Oren's LP based on nothing other than that it would be the most loving Danganronpa possible way for that to play out, and they were on every possible level not wrong.

For those of us who weren’t paying too much attention, how was 11037 arrived at?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

David Corbett posted:

For those of us who weren’t paying too much attention, how was 11037 arrived at?

First trial of DR1.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

David Corbett posted:

Key evidence of the first case of the first game.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
:f5h::stare:

Please more soon.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

BlazeEmblem posted:

When I saw how you ended the previous update, I was confused. Wouldn't Chiaki suddenly showing up be the better thing to leave on?

I thought long and hard about how to present this update and I ultimately decided this would be the best course of action. The screen falling apart at the end of the previous update was just too good of a natural stopping point for an update. But yeah, either one would have probably worked just fine. I can't cliffhanger you guys every single update (yes i can and i will any chance i get)

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

F5

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

FPzero posted:

I can't cliffhanger you guys every single update (yes i can and i will any chance i get)
you're a dick but your pace for this LP has been nothing short of heroic so I forgive u
<3

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Nagito's Wild Ride was only the beginning. :allears:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Stroth posted:

Trapped in a failing simulation, or having a psychotic break?

Taking all bets!

why_not_both.png

I know nobody reacted at any of that, in-universe, but there's something particularly sad to me about Hinata not reacting at all to seeing Chiaki. Like he's so far into denial about it... :smith:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 31, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fedule posted:

Get the guy who made Ghost Trick puzzles and I'm in.

Also wow, virtual world and everyone else doesn't think they're dead. That's novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

RareAcumen posted:

Get the guy who made Ghost Trick puzzles and I'm in.

That would be Takumi Shu, the guy behind the Ace Attorney series. At least I assume he did the puzzle design, there's no one else in the credits that stick out as potential candidates.

• Locked thread