Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Sonia Nevermind. Knows both Oxford English and Occidental English!

Edit: Update near the bottom of the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Boy, that ruin... that looks INCREDIBLY suspicious and very familiar. Now I haven't seen past where oren left off his LP, so I don't know for sure, but I have a theory about what is inside. But I'll save that for if we get a closer look at it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Let's check out this Drugstore.

: Kind of futuristic in here. See if you can spot the thing I missed for now (I grabbed it later onscreen).

: Of course, Mikan is in here.

: Squee...eeeeeee!
: Wh-What's with you...?
: Ah...I'm sorry... I got so excited I started shouting.

: Nyu... I was so happy that someone talked to me... Before...people either hated me or were grossed out by me...

Those are such sad choices...!

: More importantly...is this a drugstore? It looks pretty spacious.

But...it looks like there's no one here, either.

: Um... With all these medical supplies, I'm pretty sure we can handle most illnesses or injuries...
: Heh... If you don't feel well, let me know. I'll give you lots of shots... Lots and lots of shots!

That sounds dangerous! When it comes to shots...I should definitely decline!

These shelves are crammed with a lot of stuff that looks like medicine. Unlike the medicines I'm used to seeing, these ones look way more potent...

: That's all to see in here.

: Outside, Gundham is just hanging out along the road.

: Fuhahaha! You're too late...the seal has already been broken!

Seal...is he talking about the bridge...? Whatever, it's not like I really care...

: There's a diner on this island too.

The signboard says "Diner"... I guess...I should try going inside.

Huh? That looks like...

: Oh...it's you...
: I'm trying to eat right now! Go away, dumbass!

Fuyuhiko suddenly started yelling at me as he held a hamburger in one hand...wait... Hold on...why is he here? He wasn't at the restaurant... Why does he know about the new island?

: Hey, why are you here? How'd you find out we can go to this island?
: Are you a monkey or something? Do you not understand human language?
: I told you to leave me alone when I'm eating! ...

: Hmph, an annoying person went out of their way to tell me.

Annoying person...?

: Then I found this place, and now I'm eating here because I'm hungry.
: Mystery solved! You happy now? So...get the gently caress out of here and go somewhere else.
: Hey, about that annoying person...

: Huuuh!? Mind your own business! It's got nothing to do with you!
: ...Actually...it does have to do with me... I don't know what you're thinking, but...we're all in this situation together. You're not the only one stuck on this island... We all have to work together. You should know that by now, too... So...
: Why are you avoiding us!?

: Hmph...I'm not avoiding you bastards. ...I've just decided not to rely on anyone.
: Not to rely on anyone...?
: That includes the Kuzuryu Clan... I can still survive without relying on them...
: ...Huh? Hey...are you actually...

: Don't get it twisted. I'm a yakuza by blood. It's not like I don't want to head the family business someday. I just want to prove I've earned it. Prove I can tough it on my own without relying on my clan.
: Plus...even if I fail, the clan will still be around. My little sister would be happy to lead it...
: Oh...you have a little sister?
: Sh-Shut up! Why'd you let me bring that up anyway!?

You brought that up yourself...

: Anyway, I don't intend to spend any time with you guys. Nothing good can come of it.
: N-Nothing good can come of it...?
: Hmph, isn't it obvious...? In this situation, interacting with others will just shorten your lifespan... Those idiots, Byakuya and Teruteru, are proof of that.
: Plus...it'd be frustrating to be held back by affection when it's my time to kill!
: You...you're still saying that...
: Of course... I'll sacrifice the lives of everyone here if it guarantees my survival.
: Even if you don't actually mean that... You're awful just for saying it...!
: Heh... You're the one who spoke to me without my permission, so don't get pissed at me... If you're upset, you don't have to stick around. gently caress off.
: ...

Wh-What the hell...? It was stupid of me to talk to a guy like him...

: Nothing else to see inside the diner. It's kind of weird to see a diner at all though.

The diner's signboard is spinning... A spinning restaurant signboard on an uninhabited island is kinda freaky.

: Even Hajime agrees with me.

: This tunnel over here actually leads to another area called Chandler Beach. Let's check it out.

Music cuts out.

???: ...Ah...Ayaaaaaaggggghhh!

...A scream!?

: That voice just now... Wasn't that Ibuki!?

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Welp, good chapter guys. :v:

Is "Chandler Beach" some sort of half-assed Friends pun?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If someone kills Ibuki I'll be right proper mad like :mad:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Ibuki's gotta be here somewhere!

: There she is! She looks to be okay...

: Ohno...ohnoohnoohno...!
: Ibuki, are you all right? What happened?
: Th-Thisisbad! I'mpanickingsomuchIdon'tevenhavetimetospacemywords!
: What's going on?
: Th-The killing... The killing started again...!
: Huh!?

: Look! Over there!

So I glanced over to the beach where Ibuki was pointing her finger...

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

: MUDADADADADADADADADADADADADA!
: Your speed is adequate, but it's still not enough! Each blow you land is too soft!

...Wh-What the heck is this?

: You're not using your muscles properly! Your athletic body is going to waste!
: Shut up! All I gotta do is win!
: ...What was that? You're gonna win? Against me? That's quite...ABSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURDDDDDDD!!!!

: GWAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

: ...Had enough? Have you learned your lesson!?
: H-H-He's done it! Nekomaru Nidai's Ultimate Move: Super Body Blow! That's instant death! If she's lucky, she'll live another five minutes at best!
: Akane...at your current power level, you cannot even defeat a mere team manager.
: Wh-What are you saying!? Why are you guys fighting!?
: HA! ...This isn't a fight...

: It's a one-sided beatdown!
: Th-That's even worse! The rules for the school trip clearly state, "Excessive violence is prohibited"...
: What violence!? This is not a real fight, we're training!
: But it looked like a real fight!
: Ha! ...I'm just a team manager. There's no way I'd be able to fight for real...
: We both agreed to this training session! I'm not violating any rules at all!
: E-Even so... Why the sudden interest in training...?

: Gh... If I gotta admit it...
: Ah, she's alive!
: She's not a weakling who'd get killed by a weak blow like that...
: H-He looked pretty strong...so I couldn't help...but get excited... I thought sparrin' would help me burn off some of this energy, but...I lost.
: More importantly... There's a lotta strong dudes in this world, huh?
: ...What a bunch of battle-loving troublemakers!

: Akane... It seems you're the type who learns through actions rather than words... So I shall give you just one piece of advice. How you use your body and muscles... Your positioning and your timing... It's all half-assed. You are not utilizing your Ultimate Gymnast talent well at all.
: Basics! Make sure you understand the basics! You'll always be second-rate if you just rely on instinct!
: D-Dammit...shut up...
: If you understand what I just said, come see me. When that time comes...I will fight you once again.
: Heh, ya better not forget what you just said. My desire to win it pretty crazy!
: I won't give up until I beat ya! *leaves*

With wobbling steps, Akane left the beach.

: However... If she fought that fiercely with just her own style...how ominous. My hands are still numb...
: That girl... She's probably gonna get even stronger.
: Yeah...you're probably right...

What kind of conversation is this?

: These last two lines are voiced. Does anyone know if this a reference of some kind?

: So... Sorry about the death fakeout. I couldn't resist the cliffhangers! Anyway, let's see what else these two have to say.

: The more you fight, the stronger you get... That's what being a battle-lover is all about!

...What kid of conclusion is that?

: You, too... Basics are the foundation for everything!
: No, I get that, but... Training that resembles an actual fight might be fun, but just be careful not to get hurt, both of you.
: Impossible! Injuring an athlete would disgrace me as a team manager!

: Not much on the beach but I think I see something out in the waves...

: So much for "hidden".

: Aside from the beach itself, there's a Beach House sitting here that we ran past when we entered.

I thought this was a beach house since it's near the edge of the beach... It looks pretty luxurious... I guess...it's a celebrity-style beach house.

: Hey, doesn't this feel awesome? Like a celebrity's pad or something? The shower is out of order, but the ambiance is nice...and the fridge is stocked with loads of drinks...
: Hehe, plus the beach outside feels so private. It's awesome! Compared to urban seas that are full of trash and debris, this place is completely different!
: We're the only ones on this island anyway, so anywhere we go is a private beach...
: Hey hey! ...Don't shatter my dreams like that!

: More importantly, why don't we splash around at this private beach!?
: Awesome! Totally awesome! Splashing around at such a gorgeous beach is really the best!

He's his usual happy-go-lucky self... Well, I guess that's one of his good qualities...

: *Sigh* I wonder if Miss Sonia would come, too... I want to see Miss Sonia in a bikini...

: You can't!
: Whoa! It's here!
: Why not? Are you trying to interfere with my love affair with Miss Sonia!?
: Changing in the beach house is prohibited! It would be bad if shameful peeking occurred!
: Ah, so you mean changing here isn't allowed, not going to the beach itself...

: Then I'll just have to come here *after* changing. I'm never gonna give her up!
: You might let her down, though...
: :sigh:
: Anyway, breaking the rules is not allowed. Also, playing is fine, but please focus on your studies, too...

: Wh-Where!? Where's the rule breaker!? I'll beat the crap out of them, no questions asked!
: Kyaaah! He's here!
: Y-You... What are you holding...?
: *huff puff* ...A machine gun, obviously... Rule breakers will be shot to death... That's just common sense!
: It's "common sense" where!? It's not like we're under a military dictatorship!
: Ugh...I wanna shoot something... I know I'm not allowed to...but I really wanna shoot something right now!
: C-Control yourself!
: I have iron willpower...so I'll endure it...no matter the cost...until the day someone breaks the rules! *leaves*

: U-Um... As you can see, it's very dangerous, so please refrain from changing at the beach house. *leaves*
: Wow. That was...totally bizarre... Man, they're annoying...
: ...Yeah, I feel very tired all of a sudden.

: I love that portrait of Monokuma with the gun. This game is great.

Looks like...this is the shower room. There's a notice on the door... Judging from the illustration...it looks like it's being repaired or under construction...something like that.

There's a trash can...but I don't have anything I need to throw away.

There's a lot of drinks here, like water and coffee... But most of these drinks have colored dyes that might be bad for your health. Can we...drink these for free?

Looks like this is the closet. Um...the inside is... Looks like a small storage room, it's almost like a walk-in closet. There's surfboards arranged on the shelf...but I'm not into surfing so it doesn't really matter to me.

There's a fancy-looking bench. It looks like something you'd see at a resort.

: That appears to be everything here. This place actually has two entrances: one facing the beach and one facing the tunnel.

This door...leads to the road by the tunnel.

: Ah, which reminds me...

When we mentioned Nagito at the restaurant, Kazuichi looked pretty unsettled about something. I guess I should ask him about that.

: Ah, which reminds me... I had something to ask you.
: ...Huh? What?
: Well, it's about Nagito...
: Uggh!?
: I...haven't seen that guy all day... Do you know where he is?

: I-I don't know... Seriously, don't ask me...
: Who cares about that crazy-rear end bastard! We need to search this island first and foremost! There might be a way to escape!
: So let's just end all annoying talk right here! That's it! All done!

He ended the conversation very forcibly... Just as I thought, he's definitely hiding something...

: ...Ah, Hajime.
: Since we've explored everything on the 2nd Island now, Chiaki has come for us.
: Oh, it's you Chiaki...what happened?

: Um...I'm letting everyone else know too, but can you come to the ancient ruins on this island right away? You can, right? Right away, okay. Hurry up. *leaves*

Hm...based on her pushy tone, she might've found some kind of clue.

: Then...I guess I should head over to the ancient ruins.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

FPzero posted:

: That girl... She's probably gonna get even stronger.
: Yeah...you're probably right...

What kind of conversation is this?

: These last two lines are voiced. Does anyone know if this a reference of some kind?

I don't know if that's referencing a specific series, but it's an exchange found in basically every battle manga ever. And that whole scene is right out of that genre. Ibuki makes a great color commentator.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

I don't know if that's referencing a specific series, but it's an exchange found in basically every battle manga ever. And that whole scene is right out of that genre. Ibuki makes a great color commentator.

The first thing that came to mind was Dragon Ball because it's one of the oldest of those types that I've read before. Probably not the first though.

Nekomaru and Ibuki are tied for best characters in my non-existent book.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

might be Jojo's or Saint Seiya too, since they're two of the founding fathers of the Shonen genre

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
: I'm a pioneer! I'm an explorer! I'm a human, and I'm coming! I'm animated, I'm alive, my heart's big, it's got hot blood going through it fast! I like to fight, too! I like to eat! I like to have children! I'm HERE! I've got LIFE FORCE! This is a human! This is what we look like! This is what we act like! This is what everybody was like before us! This is what I am. I'm a throwback. I'm here. I've got the fire of human liberty! I'm setting fires everywhere, and humans are turning on everywhere!

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

alcharagia posted:

: I'm a pioneer! I'm an explorer! I'm a human, and I'm coming! I'm animated, I'm alive, my heart's big, it's got hot blood going through it fast! I like to fight, too! I like to eat! I like to have children! I'm HERE! I've got LIFE FORCE! This is a human! This is what we look like! This is what we act like! This is what everybody was like before us! This is what I am. I'm a throwback. I'm here. I've got the fire of human liberty! I'm setting fires everywhere, and humans are turning on everywhere!

I can't be the only one who's 100% certain that Akane's asexual, right?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...Did they seriously just mention Rickrolling?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
That's not where it ends, I fear. :sigh:

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

resurgam40 posted:

That's not where it ends, I fear. :sigh:

Don't tell me this entire game is just one extremely convoluted rickroll.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
If that means the mastermind was Hajime's ghost dog the whole time I'm okay with this, a shame that won't be the case.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ideals, philosophy, art, culture. they live and die by the meme... an infection

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

no spoilers please :shepface:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: What the heck is this...? Such a gigantic building.
: However, it is clearly faded... It looks like an ancient ruin.
: It seems... Perhaps this is an actual ancient ruin?
: H-How should I say this... Don't you think this building...resembles a school?

School...?

Now that you mention it... I don't know how, but I do see what she means...

There might be a resemblance... To...Hope's Peak Academy...

Well, there are a lot of similar-looking buildings... It's just a coincidence that this ruin looks similar... ...

...It's a coincidence, right?

: ...You found something, right Chiaki? What did you find?
: I'll loving cut you if this is a waste of time.
: I...didn't know *you* were also here.
: That bitch over there kept bugging me...so I finally came.

: Did you maybe find a way to get off this island?
: Nope. Nothing like that.
: Aww, then who cares? I should have played in the bath with Mahiru more.
: Then...what in the world did you find?

Chiaki found something... I wonder what it is.

: Another situation where we can talk to everyone before proceeding. Unlike other times though, more than one person has what I'd consider vaguely interesting dialogue here.

: I've talked to everyone, but...nobody has seen Nagito.
: However, Kazuichi and Nekomaru seemed uncomfortable discussing it. What are they hiding...?
: Basically confirming what we knew about Kazuichi, and adding Nekomaru to the suspicious list. Though his reactions at breakfast earlier basically confirmed this too. Neither of them will say anything about it if you talk to them here.

: I...I-I'm sorry...
: Wh-Why are you apologizing so suddenly?
: I-I...was so excited about the drugstore...that I completely forgot to find a way off this island...!

...It sounds like she was only thinking about giving people shots.

: Then...there weren't any clues at the drugstore?
: Well...there was lots of medicine, hehehe...and lots of syringes...and needles...
: So...shots, then.
: I-I-I-I'm sorryyyyyyyy!
: We didn't learn much in the drugstore and sadly we don't learn much more from here. Oh well, we tried.

: Let's make progress.

: Hey Chiaki, what did you find? If it's not a way off this island... Does it have something to do with this island's secret?
: ...Hmm, about that...I don't know.
: What do you mean...you don't know?

: ...It's like it doesn't belong with a building like this... I keep thinking about it and it feels unnatural.
: It's like...a comic book originally about baseball becoming a side-scrolling action game... It's unnatural like that.
: ...That's a little hard to understand.

: Look, that door over there.

...Door?

: It's hard to make out from all the dust but...this is the door you mean, right?
: Yeah, it looks like that's the door to the ruin.

: So what's wrong with the door? Can you go inside?
: Before we attempt to go inside... Let's try brushing off some of this dust and clearing some of these root things off the door. If you do... I'm pretty sure you'll understand what I mean by "unnatural".
: I don't really understand...but I guess we should try what she says.
: Y-You're right...

Just as Chiaki said, we brushed off the dust and cleared the roots that were stuck to the door. And then...

: What is this...door...? It doesn't feel like it belongs in an ancient ruin...
: It's like...a door from a sci-fi movie, don't you think? It definitely doesn't fit with an ancient ruin...
: And...what is this symbol on the door?
: Hmm...it looks like it's Japanese...
: Ah, you're totally right!
: U-Um...I'm sorry if it's just my misunderstanding... To me, it looks like...it says "mirai"...or "future"...

...Future?

: Hey, who cares about a symbol on the door!? More importantly...how do you open it? What's inside?
: It looks like there's a liquid crystal display next to the door... Could the two be related?
: Oh, right! That must be the key to open the door! It's probably set to open when you type the password!

: Acting all high and mighty... So what's next? It's obviously impossible to put in the password without any hints.
: Ah, are you saying a normal person can't open it but a yakuza can? That's hilarious!
: Sh-Shut up... If we just type whatever...we might get it right...
: Ah, I think we should wait. Doesn't that seem dangerous?
: Hm? What do you mean "dangerous"?

: Cuz...that thing next to the panel, doesn't it look like a gun? ...In fact, that's totally a gun.
: G-Gun... Huh!? That's a gun!?
: If it is...it's probably very dangerous. It's possible you might get shot if you mess up the password... Right?

: Dammit...! I-It can't be helped... Looks like...it's better if we don't mess with it...for now...
: Kehehe...he's totally freaked out...
: Shut the hell up! You do it then!

: But still...a building that looks like an ancient ruin, with a door that looks like it's from a sci-fi film... It's definitely unnatural. This is probably an important place.
: Important place, huh... The problem is, how is it important?

: Um... ...

: Um... ...

: ...You're both quiet?
: You guys know about this buildin' too, right!? Just be honest with us!
: No...I have no...I have no idea at all...
: I...don't know either...
: For now...everyone should focus on gathering the Hope Fragments...
: Hey, there's no way you guys don't know! Don't just show up and tell some lousy lies!

: You guys are probably the ones who covered that door with dust, right?
: Ah, just as I thought, you guys were hiding it on purpose, right...?
: Hey, don't talk like we're equals, you trashy bitch!
: Eeek! I-I'm sorry!
: Say you're sorry, bitch!
: I-I just said it! I just said...I'm sorry!

: Is it possible that...there is a connection between this door and the reason this island is uninhabited? For example, this place might be a shelter, and there might be natives inside.
: Is something happening that would make them hide in a shelter? If so...we're all screwed.
: Hmmm, several possibilities cross my mind.
: But it looks like there's no way to confirm it yet. That door is really sturdy. But...not in a material sense. More essential than that.
: ...Huh? What're you sayin'?

: For instance...even though Monomi and I can come and go as we please, we can't enter what's beyond that door.
: Huh? You can't go inside, too? Does that mean you're the same as me and--

: Heeeey! Keep your tongue in your mouth!

: UGYAAAAAAA! My body can't handle a supersonic meteor rush like that!

: There...now that I've shut up my sister with a fantastic Pegasus Meteor Fist... This is the mystery of Jabberwock Island. A mystery that even Monomi and I can't solve.
: That's why I have high expectations for you guys! One day, you'll be able to solve that mystery!
: Heh, that seems easy enough... All we gotta do is remember what that black and white tanuki said before.

: Hey, why are there sixteen of you? If a total of fifteen students from Hope's Peak Academy were arranged to come to this island...
: That's right! There's probably a traitor I don't even know about hiding among the group! ...Just kidding.

: There's a traitor among us... That's what that ugly tanuki said before.
: Ahhhhaahaha! Calling me ugly and a tanuki... Those kinds of silly names don't depress me in the slightest!
: He's totally depressed!

: If there's a "traitor," they probably know how to open the door, right? And there's probably boats or a way to contact the outside world beyond that door.
: Or...maybe whoever's controlling Monokuma and Monomi is hiding there!
: B-But...do you really think there's a traitor among us?
: Of course there is! Who the hell is it!? Hurry up and confess!
: Th-There isn't... There's no traitor...anywhere!

: Monokuma...what about you? You're the one who mentioned it...
: Puhuhuhuhuhu...
: ...What's so funny?

: Oh, just... Have you heard of an organization called World Ender?
: ...World Ender?
: I-I'm the one asking you a question! Don't just change the subject!
: I understand why you'd want to just ignore it... World Ender is such an embarrassing name. So embarrassing that only middle school students...no, wait, elementary school students would come up with it.
: But the name is unavoidable because that organization actually exists!
: So what is this...organization?
: It's literally what it says...

: Those guys ended the world!
: E-Ended the world!?

: ...That's not an overstatement or a metaphor, you know. Those guys really did end the world. So don't you think it's appropriate to call them World Ender?
: You mean...they're a terrorist organization...?

: Terrorist, huh... That might be accurate.
: But only losers are terrorists. If they manage to win, they become "heroes".

: In that sense...they're more like heroes. They're the heroes who ended the world!

: S-So what? Don't say things that don't make sense! Don't tell me you're gonna say this organization is the one putting us through all this crap...?
: World Ender... Are you saying that you and Monomi...are also members of that organization?
: Who knows? The only thing I can tell you is... The organization that the traitor is working for, the ones who brought you to this island...
: World Ender is behind it all.

: Wh-Why are we being targeted by a h-horrifying organization like that!?
: Don't panic... It's just another made up story to trick us, like when he said we lost our school memories. I can't suspend my disbelief for something as ridiculous as "World Ender"... There's no way that organization...or the traitor exists!
: Monokuma...I shall listen to you spout nonsense all you want, while I puff cigar smoke at your lifeless body.

: My, my...I was kind enough to keep you guys informed. Are you calling me a liar!?
: Gnnnngh...if you keep acting like that, I'll do "this" and "that" to your various body parts...!

: Anyway, I'm telling the truth! The World Ender organization is the final boss of this island! Plus, one of their members is hiding among you guys! That's why...you guys gotta find that traitor and kill them dead!
: H-Hey! You better stop...
: Shut up, Monomi! Big bother-defying trash like you needs to be punished! *leaves*
: Nooo! Don't pull my ears! They're gonna come...come off! *leaves*

Monokuma and Monomi departed from the area, leaving the rest of us dazed and confused.

: Wh-What was that...just now...?
: Is there...anybody who understood what he was talking about...?
: Not a clue...

: *yawn*
: For now...since the sun is setting, we should just go home for the day. I think...it's a waste of time for us to keep thinking about this.
: Y-You're probably right...
: But it's getting dark soon, so going home might be a better idea. ...Let's just call it a day.

Music fades out.

After exploring the new island, all we've uncovered...are more mysteries. As we lowered our heads and bemoaned that reality, we began heading back to our cottages.

: I'm dead tired from walking around all day...

Jeez...I don't know what the hell's going on, but it's starting to make my head hurt. Ancient ruins... Strange doors... Traitors... And...World Ender? I have no idea what's going on anymore... And I don't even feel anxious about it.

: I guess...I should go to sleep for now...

With that, I laid my exhausted body onto the bed, and closed my eyes.

: My least favorite food is definitely crab. I also don't like shrimp, apples, tomatoes, and seasoned trout eggs. I don't like red foods at all. Red foods are red because they have crab inside of them. It's actually a conspiracy by the crab industry to try to make me overcome my disgust! There's no way I'd fall for that! I will never, ever eat red foods! You seeeee, our society is filled with various hidden conspiracies that are closer than you might think.
: Make sure you guys be careful too.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 4, 2017

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
World Ender? I guess it's a better name than Ultimate Despair. Still does nothing to explain what the hell is going on though.

Crazy theory: Hope's Peak is a movable structure and the building here on the island actually is the school, moved to the island and mocked up to look this way. This way, I get to have mental images of the school floating into the air and shooting down flying Monokumas.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!

Morning already, huh...

: It feels like...morning came so quickly, like the night got skipped or something...

That explains why...I feel so tired...

: But...I'm hungry, so I should just go to the restaurant and eat something.

: Another day, another set of people to say good morning to.

: Hi Gundham.
: ...Do not speak to me, human.
: Wh-What the heck...?
: The wind is running amok today... It's carrying the lost souls of Byakuya and Teruteru. Are they destined to be cradled against the Heavenly Mother's bosom, or to burn in the fires of Gehenna...? Perhaps you should pray for them, human child... It's possible that prayer might save their souls...
: Kehehehe... Now then...I shall take my leave... *leaves*

...That guy's the same as usual.

: *Sigh* I feel such nostalgia for the Japanese dishes my servant used to prepare.

Her servant must've been annoyed to be forced to cook stuff like that.

: However, an army marches with its stomachs. That being said, let us have breakfast. *leaves*

: Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning!
: Do you know how many o's I used!?
: Who knows...?
: 32.

: Whoa there! Your cool demeanor gives me the shivers!
: But you should talk about it more, you know. Shoot me with your word arrows! Thinking about Byakuya made me feel really sad so I'm trying suuuuuper hard to stay upbeat!
: ...About Byakuya?

: That's right! He may have had piggy fingers, but he was really totally awesome! It sounds easy to keep a promise till the very end, but I think it's actually really, really hard.
: You're right... Especially in this kind of situation.

But...to actually die like that...

: If only he didn't have piggy fingers... Daaaarn! That's so disappointing!
: Now then, I'm off to the restaurant! Adieu! *leaves*

She didn't have to say that last bit...

: G'morning, Nekomaru.
: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!? Wh-What is it, Hajime... Do you need to talk to me about something?
: Wh-What's wrong? What are you so surprised about?
: O-Oh...no need to worry! I'll head to the restaurant first... Gahahahahaha! *leaves*

Is it just my imagination...or does he seem weirder than usual?

: There are a few people in the lobby too.

: Yooooo, Hajime!
: Yeah, g'morning.
: Man, I'm starvin'. Let's hurry the hell up and get some food! ...

: It's not that the restaurant has bad food, but compared to Teruteru's food, it's pretty so-so.
: Those party dishes...they were sooooo good! It was like I could eat as much as I wanted...
: I wanted...to keep eating his food.
: I know...
: ...Gah, grievin' like this isn't like me! I'm prolly actin' strange 'cause I'm so hungry!
: All right! All I gotta do is eat! *leaves*

: You're not going to the restaurant, Mahiru?
: Ah...sorry, I was just thinking about Teruteru...

: I know Monokuma said Teruteru's motive was boring...
: But that wasn't boring at all! I mean, it's your mom... She's, like, your most important family member, you know!?
: Yeah, I agree. Of course...that doesn't mean I can accept what Teruteru did either...
: But...but still... If...my family... ...

: I'm sorry...it's nothing... Even though I think what Teruteru did was stupid, it'd be bad if I allowed Monokuma to influence me, too.
: That's right, I'm never gonna follow Monokuma's orders...!

: Hi Chiaki.
: ...Ah, good morning.
: You're...playing video games *again* this morning?
: It's like whenever you find the time, you always come here, don't you Chiaki?

: ...You think so?
: I know you like video games, but if you don't get out in the sun more, you'll get sick.
: And you know, it's important to get to know the others better too!
: Mmm...

: So let's play games outside. I'm sure they have stuff like jump rope and bamboo-copter at the supermarket.
: Jump rope? Bamboo-copter?
: Are those games too? I don't get it.
: Then you can play with us after breakfast. Good deeds should be done quickly, as they say.
: Are you saying...I have to join you, too?
: What's with that tone!? If you don't wanna come, you don't have to!

Seriously...she's so bossy toward guys...

: Jump rope? Bamboo-copter? The world is still overflowing with strange things.

: That's everyone finally. Let's go eat.

: Hey, you came at the right time. What do you think, Hajime?
: What do I think...about what?
: Argh! Isn't it obvious? That stuff he said about a traitor and World Ender! I'm asking if you know anything about it!
: After one night's sleep...there's no way I'd suddenly find out anything.
: Well, that's obvious... The same goes for me, too.
: I didn't get enough sleep last night because of that baffling nonsense.

: B-But...I wonder if it's really true... That there's a traitor among us...
: No need to worry! You don't have to worry about the traitor at all!
: H-However...if, by chance, a worst-case scenario...
: Impossible! Even in a worst-case scenario! You don't have to worry about the traitor!
: What do you mean? You're being awfully certain about it.

: Of course! In fact, that so-called traitor is tied up at the moment and can't move at all!
: ...Huh?
: Tied up...you say... Um... Could you be...referring to Nagito, whom we have not seen since yesterday?
: Who else could it be!? Nagito's the traaaaaitor!!!
: Wh-What about that other part? Where you said he was tied up and can't move...

Music cuts out.

: AW CRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!! H-Hey, Kazuichi! What should we do!?
: Dumbass! Don't rope me into this! They'll find out we worked together to...
: ...Aw crap!
: You guys are both idiots!
: ...Hey, what does this mean?
: W-Well...you know...

: There's no way we can let him run around free! I mean, he tried to put us all in danger, you know!
: Teruteru committed a murder because that guy tempted him, right...?
: So that makes him a killer too! It's necessary to deal with him in an appropriate way.

: So that's why you left him tied up... However...that cannot be helped. He is quite dangerous.
: How should I put this...he's a little creepy... Ah, not that I want to badmouth him.
: He's not a little creepy, he's creepy to the max! His creepiness is so high he could sell tickets to see it!

: Hmph, that's a truly nice line. Every fiber of my being agrees with you. That's right, there is no existence more troublesome than that of an incomprehensible human...
: What they like and what they hate... What makes them happy, what makes them angry... It's normal for all beings to have standards rooted in experience so they can predict their opponent's actions. But at times...those standards do not work on certain opponents. Those are the most fearsome opponents of all.
: Establishing a relationship with such a human...is impossible.
: You should be careful. You're teetering on the edge yourself.

: Anyway, where did you two tie up Nagito?
: Th-The dining hall...in the o-old building...
: That's...where Byakuya got killed...!
: He needs to reflect on what he did at that place...

: So you're saying it's better to kill off a troublesome ally before they turn into an enemy.
: Gaaah? You killed him!?
: Argh! He's obviously alive! I only knocked him out so we could tie him up!

: Then what shall we do with Nagito at this point? Let's hear everyone's opinion.
: Hmm...it's not safe to let him walk around freely. There's no telling what he'll end up doing next...
: He's also the most likely person to be the traitor.

: So isn't it okay if we just keep him tied up for a while?

This chick...she's still eating a lot.

: If so... It seems it would be better to watch him for a while.
: But it would be bad if we don't let him eat or drink. He might end up dying for real...
: I-I know that already...

: Jeez...I didn't expect you two would do something like that...
: I wish you'd treat it more like an achievement.
: Teehee...and I thought that tiny boy was up to something again...
: Who are you calling "tiny boy"?
: Wah! You're here!?

: It figures... You guys are messed up.
: Is that what you guys do? If you don't like your "buddy", you corner them... Tch, look at you sheep acting all righteous.
: What did you say...? We didn't do anything wrong!
: Oh? Did the lovely sheep all bleat at me?

: It looks like...there's one more bastard who needs to get tied up...
: Try it if you dare, bastard!
: Y-You can threaten me, but I'm not scared! You...you're just a pipsqueak without the Kuzuryu Clan backing you up!

: Wh-What did you say...!?
: ...Enough. Knock it off, you two.
: Y-You bastards...I'll make sure you regret that later...! *leaves*
: Wh-What the heck... He's just a whiny loser!
: Kazuichi...let us just stop this already.
: Jeez, all this fighting... I can tell it's not going to be easy in the future...

: The future...huh... I wonder if we even have a future...
: Hey, don't start mumbling like that! If you do, I'll get depressed too!
: I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!

Phew...On top of this island's mysteries, now there's also Nagito and Fuyuhiko to deal with... Jeez...it's just one thing after another...

Music fades out.

In that uncomfortable atmosphere, we finished our breakfast and then left for our respective cottages.

: So what should I do today...? There's no way I can just stay here and do nothing.

: Before we end, I needed to make sure I grabbed the Hidden Monokuma I missed in the Drug Store the first time.

: See you next update for a few Free Times.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I would have posted this the other day, but I was hoping at least one other person would reply.

I'd forgotten that the game actually points out "Gee, isn't this similar to Hope's Peak Academy?" And it really does look similar. However, there is a difference. The door on the inside from DR 1 is different. This vault door has a little tongue thing instead of appearing to open along one vertical line. But maybe that's not important.

My crazy, totally off-the-wall theory is that the students from the first game are inside that building. Togami, Naegi, Aoi, Kirigiri, all of them. No windows in the school. We never saw what was beyond the door.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I would have posted this the other day, but I was hoping at least one other person would reply.

I'd forgotten that the game actually points out "Gee, isn't this similar to Hope's Peak Academy?" And it really does look similar. However, there is a difference. The door on the inside from DR 1 is different. This vault door has a little tongue thing instead of appearing to open along one vertical line. But maybe that's not important.

My crazy, totally off-the-wall theory is that the students from the first game are inside that building. Togami, Naegi, Aoi, Kirigiri, all of them. No windows in the school. We never saw what was beyond the door.

Thank you for the mental image of the two Togamis meeting and wondering why the other look the way they do.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Talow posted:

Thank you for the mental image of the two Togamis meeting and wondering why the other look the way they do.

I believe that one of them is not a real Togami. I don't think anyone in the thread has suggested that, even though it was a topic of debate in oren's thread. Fat Togami has the character development of Thin Togami at the end of DR 1, and yet he both doesn't remember Monobear AND he wasn't asking "why am I fat". Even granting memory wiping powers to Monobear, there's a contradiction there.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

That installation being the sealed-in Hope's Peak makes some sense, but there are still unanswered questions. In DR1, it was suggested that everything going on inside was being televised, which would contradict the current Monobear's lack of knowledge. My own theory is that it could be after the events of DR1, but the survivors decided to seal themselves back in since the world is run by Despair Inc. (or some similar successor organization). They may actually be controlling Monomi from inside the control chamber, but weren't able to set up a fully sealed environment on not-Jabberwock Island.

Togami theory #1: He's some relative who actually shares the name, or an impersonator that the Togami clan chose to maintain continuity rather than let it be revealed that their son was involved in the murder game.

Togami theory #2: This is the same Togami from DR1, after escaping. He decided/was chosen to stay on the outside. Getting fat was his choice in the face of an uncertain future, given that worldwide calamity might be taking place. He doesn't want to tip his hand about Monobear, since that might arouse the suspicion of the others. It could also explain the 'traitor'... Monobear says 15 students were 'brought to' the island, so maybe one of them was already there.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

See, I'm betting it's just a replica. Some kind of bomb shelter to survive that big ol' bomb we always see counting down. It looks the way it does either because Monokuma likes the irony of everyone sealing themselves in the school again, or to try and subtly jog people's memories.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

I believe that one of them is not a real Togami. I don't think anyone in the thread has suggested that, even though it was a topic of debate in oren's thread. Fat Togami has the character development of Thin Togami at the end of DR 1, and yet he both doesn't remember Monobear AND he wasn't asking "why am I fat". Even granting memory wiping powers to Monobear, there's a contradiction there.

I wonder if he was lying. I wouldn't be surprised if Togami was connected to whatever Monomi was trying to do.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: It's Free Time and our selection of people to spend time with has gone down. Byakuya and Teruteru are dead, Nagito is tied up, and Fuyuhiko is...Fuyuhiko. With that in mind, I think we're just going to continue with the other available characters we met with previously. We'll start with Sonia, who is hanging out in the Library.

: ...Oh my, Hajime. I...was planning to go read at the library...
: Would you like to accompany me?

What should I do? Should I go with Sonia to the library?

> Join Sonia

: Then let us go forth! I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge of serial killers once again!

Sonia excitedly taught me some useless knowledge about serial killers... I probably don't deserve it, but it looks like Sonia and I grew a little closer...

> Definitely!

Another Battle: The first in a series of yakuza films. It became popular for being a yakuza film that had no battle scenes in it whatsoever.

: Could this possibly be from the legend that has been passed down, generation after generation...?
: Hajime, as I thought, you must be the person that I have been anticipating.
: I shall gladly take important care of this.
: This present has an Amazing rating.

: By the way...you're really good with words.
: Of course! I have done much studying, after all!
: You speak...really fluently.
: Yes! I do not know how many times I have seen "I Will Arrest Your Eyes!"! When I arrived in Japan, the first thing I did was run across the Spain-zaka!
: U-Uh...I see... I don't really understand, though...

: Um, in my opinion, I believe the best Japanese dramas were...
: The ones aimed at women between the ages of 20 to 34, just before Japan's economic bubble burst. The trendiness, energy, and quality... Entertainment was truly at its zenith during this period.
: I-I see...

It's no use...I can't keep up with what she's saying at all... And what the heck does she mean by "bubble"?

: Like all entertainment, Japanese dramas heavily reference their native culture... Because of this, slang expressions were often used, so there are some things foreigners may not understand...

: Hajime...if you are willing, would you train me?

...Train!?

: U-Um...of course, I can *teach* you some things I understand but...
: Thank you very much! Um, so for example...

: When lovers go on a ski trip, they always end up trapped by a blizzard, right? In that situation, what do you call the ritual where they warm themselves under a blanket while naked?
: W-Well...that's not really a ritual, it's...um, how should I put it? It's more like a cliche...
: Oh, is that so...? I certainly thought it was something that's known in my country as "Makango".
: Huh? Ma...kango...?
: I-It is a tradition in my country... According to tradition, lovers cannot become one until they show each other the Makangos they have grown... I-It is too embarrassing, so please do not make me say it.
: Embarrassing...? What is a Makango anyway?

: I...cannot say. You will get a nosebleed!
: I-Is it really *that* embarrassing...?

It seems the Novoselic Kingdom is filled with more mysteries than I thought...

After having an awkward conversation with Sonia, I returned to my room.

It's still bright out... It's not like I feel like staying here and doing nothing... Maybe I should try going somewhere.

: We're back in the Library to see Mikan this time.

: What's going to happen to us now...?

What should I do? Should I invite Mikan to hang out?

> Invite Mikan to hang out

: Hehe, I never thought it'd be so calming to have someone next to me...

I spent time today relaxing at the park with Mikan. It looks like Mikan and I grew a little closer...

> Definitely!

Mr. Stapler: A stapler used in the medical field. As long as you set the appropriate needle, you can staple a wound closed as easy as assembling a manga.

: Th-Thank you very much! I will treasure this for the rest of my life!
: For the rest of my life, I will never wash this hand of mine that received a gift from Hajime!

: This present has an Amazing rating.

Th-This is bad... If this silence goes on any longer...

: U-Um... Did I do something wrong again...?
: Seriously...you didn't do anything. I already told you that I just want to talk to you normally.

: I see... I'm glad... U-Um... If you would like to talk, I don't really know what everyone likes yet... Well, um...there might be lots of things I'm not good at doing but...I'll do anything so please let me know!
: D-Do anything...?
: Of course! I'll do anything!
: ...Hey, I don't think you should say something like that so freely.

: Huuuh? Why? I mean...before we even arrived here, everyone else didn't seem to mind.
: For fun, I tried eating strange bugs, and I let them use my body when there wasn't anything else to write on. Also, I had to be responsible for debts, and be the target for dart games, so...
: Hmhmhm, I'm pretty useful, you know.

Hey, hey... That doesn't sound like a joke at all...

: How...can you be smiling when you were forced to do stuff like that...? Do you actually enjoy it?

: Obviously, I don't want to do that stuff at all. But...if it makes everyone not hate me and smile at me, then it's much better...
: Heh...hehehehehe...

For some reason...I feel this profound concern... Why...is she like this...?

: U-Um...Hajime...? Um...um... Would you like to try it out, too?
: Doodling is very fun. Please draw on me wherever you like!
: U-Um... Also...I'm good at pretending to be a pig. I'll do it... I'll do it right now...

: Just please don't look at me like that...!
: Ah... S-Sorry... F-For now...let's talk again later. You need to calm down...
: I-I'm sorry... I'm terribly sorry... I'll make sure to get it right... I'll make sure I get it right the next time...
: So please talk to me again! Eeek! I beg of you...!
: ...Sure, I promise. So...I'll see you later, all right?
: Yes...I'll be waiting...forever...

It's like I ran away or something, but... I should definitely try to talk to her properly...next time around.

I returned to my room, but I felt like Mikan was still watching me from somewhere...forever...

: That girl has issues.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Emergency, emergency! Students, head over to Jabberwock Park as fast as you can! Come on, hurry up! Whoever gets there first, I'll treat you to my special-made curry rice tomorrow night! Come on, hurry the eff up!

: Curry rice, huh...? It feels like...I haven't eaten that in a while.

...Wait, who'd actually fail for that!? I don't know...what he's planning this time around...

: ...But there's no way I can ignore it.

Jabberwock Park...again, huh...

FPzero fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 27, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Mikan is terrible.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

For the gift you gave to Sonia, the screenshot called it "Another Battle" but you called it "Ancient Battle".

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

AlphaKretin posted:

For the gift you gave to Sonia, the screenshot called it "Another Battle" but you called it "Ancient Battle".

Whoops. Fixed it!

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Mikan is terrible.

Yes, she is, but I really wish people reacted to it at all. Like, Hajime is mostly just confused by her and doesn't try to help, and when Hiyoko says horrific things to her no one else even seems to notice.

Basically, Mikan is weird and I'd be more ok with that if people treated her like people actually would.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Mikan feels like she is written with the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder which is sad and depressing :smith:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Mikan is broken and everyone treats her terribly.

Hiyoko is just an unsympathetic poo poo and I hope she dies soon :v:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

dscruffy1 posted:

Mikan is broken and everyone treats her terribly.

She is clearly suffering from some ongoing trauma, but the problem is that for people like Mikan in this game or Toko in the first game, it is incredibly exhausting having to deal with someone so hypersensitive that you need to walk on eggshells around them and be incredibly careful with everything you say it's not taken as an insult or abuse. So I can't blame everyone for not wanting anything to do with her. We haven't seen an Ultimate Therapist in the cast. I hope that is the last free time we see of Mikan until the postgame roundup.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We've been summoned to the park, but before we go there are a couple people still hanging around the Hotel.

: Ahh...I'm sorry I'm such a slowpoke... I'll head over to the park right away...
: B-But...I'm not being slow on purpose... I tried to leave my cottage as soon as I heard the announcement...
: Waaaaaaah... I tripped again...!
: Nyehhhh...I must get a lot of hate for making excuses like this... People are probably thinking, "I-If you have time for that, then hurry up!" *leaves*

That girl...she tripped again... She's seriously so pitiful.

: Ah...why'd I have to listen to that announcement... If only I didn't listen to it...then I wouldn't have to respond to that annoying summons...
: That's impossible. Those speakers are set up throughout the island, you know? Not only that...an excuse like "I wasn't paying attention" won't work on Monokuma.
: Hey! Why're you scaring me!?
: Ahhh dammit... I don't wanna...I don't wanna gooooo... *leaves*

So he wanted someone to back him up so he could step forward... I sort of understand how he feels...

: Time to go in.

: Yahoo! I'm the first one here! The curry's all mine!

She totally took the bait...

: Indeed, I wonder what kind of curry it is!
: You too...!
: What's the scientific term for when you get hungry after you hear the word, "curry"!?

: You guys are loving stupid... Don't get worked up over something so idiotic...
: Hey, where the hell is Monokuma!? Get out here!
: Okie-dokie, thanks for waiting! Thanks for the miracle of waiting!

: Hey Monokuma! I was the first one here! That means I got dibs on the curry!
: No need to rush, no need to rush. I'll properly treat you to my special-made Monokuma Curry tomorrow night.
: M-Monokuma Curry...?

: It's an extremely delicious curry made from unknown meat, wilted vegetables, and a mysterious brand of rice!
: I can't imagine anything delicious...based on those ingredients...
: No worries! it takes skill to make curry nasty!
: That is truly a nice line...but it is meaningless.
: Now Monokuma...let us hear what your business is. However, you should know I, the Supreme Overlord, have very little time to spare, understand?

: If this is something foolish, know that I will feed your remains to these beasts!
: Huh? Huh? You haven't noticed yet? The reason why I summoned you guys... If you look closely at this park, you should be able to notice.

: There's a very conspicuous TV and cabinet over here...

What...is this?

: Ah! Isn't this an arcade machine?
: Puhuhu...thaaaaaat's correct!
: Sooooo I would like the long-awaited Recreation Time to begin!
: Don't tell me...you're going to tell us to play this game...

: Hey, what's the game? What games are on this?

Sh-She's totally into it... She's breathing really fast.

: I've only prepared one game, but...it's truly a gem.
: After all, it's a game that I personally created!
: ...Huh? You did?
: Then...it is not something I could possibly look forward to playing.

: No no, don't compare it to those amateur fanservice games...
: You know that famous game that everyone's been waiting for a sequel to? Well I made a brand-new game instead!
: F-Famous game?
: Now then, I shall present it!

: Tadaaaa! The name of the game is Twilight Syndrome Murder Case!
: What the heck!? That's pretty lame! I wanna play games about riddle-solving professors or collecting cute monsters.
: Stupid... Don't say such silly things! What if we get weighed down by all the quarters!?

: Twilight Syndrome is an adventure game series... The first one was released in 1996... It's about a group of high school girls who go exploring in order to verify numerous urban legends... The player controls the character like a side-scroller.
: This is actually all true! The Twilight Syndrome series was designed by Suda51 back in the mid-90s.
: I have no interest in weak things like video games! And...I don't even know what generation a game that old is!
: With your face...I find that hard to believe.

: But adventure games are boring and tedious to play, right?
: Don't diss adventure games... Besides, there's a lot of reasons to make one...
: You know...like budgetary reason!

: Man, and I was a big fan of the series. I don't know why, but I feel like you've totally tainted the series.
: Shouldn't you be tainting your face with tears of gratitude? I've cast a spotlight on a neglected title!
: And what's the point of this game?
: ...Hm?
: I mean...it's not like you're telling us to play it just to enjoy it, right?
: Puhuhuhu...you certainly noticed the good part.

: That's right, this game is gonna be your next motive! The motive you need to kill people! After all, I'm gonna get bored if the next blackened doesn't show up soon!

: This game is the...motive...?
: In truth, this game's theme is a missing link. You know, it's a recurring theme for mysteries, right? It's kinda like a hidden connection.
: Wh-What...does that mean?
: If you're interested...then try playing it!
: ...O-Okay.

: You can't! You gotta say no! It's a trap!
: Hey, if that's the motive, won't it be okay if we just don't play it?
: Gahaha! That's absolutely right! You're quite the genius!
: I see...that never occurred to me.
: ...But, are you sure you wanna do that?

: Learning the motive means you're gonna be prepared, you know. Humans who are prepared...and humans who aren't... I don't have to tell you which is strong and which is weak, right?
: ...Wh-What do you mean?
: For example...if someone secretly played it, that person might come and kill you.
: In the context of a preemptive strike...that's truly fatal!
: Wh-What do you mean!?

: You guys are all enemies, you know? Is it really all right for your enemy to have an advantage? If you're going to just ignore it, then do whatever you like, even if you're fully aware of the situation. Bye byeeee! *leaves*
: Wh-What...the heck...!

: H-Hey...what should we do?
: E-Even if you ask me... There's no way I'll know...
: Anyway, it would be dangerous to carelessly touch this game. There is no mistaking that.
: Y-You are right... It might be better if we wait and see how this plays out.

: But wouldn't it be bad if someone secretly played the game while we're waiting? Whoever gets the motive would become the hunter and the rest of us would be the prey.
: Th-That's a messed up way to think about it...
: ...But it's true.
: Heh...it's your loss if you end up dying. All we need to do is kill if we want to win. I don't want to end up like Byakuya or Teruteru. *leaves*

After Fuyuhiko spat those words, we watched him turn and walk away.

: B-But...Fuyuhiko makes a good point...
: You too!? What're ya sayin'!? Do ya really wanna kill someone that badly!?
: It's not like that... I mean, how can you be cautious if you don't even know the motive!?
: That...that might be true, but...
: It doesn't matter.

: Motive or otherwise, it doesn't matter... I won't let another killing happen. I will never...ever...let another killing happen.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... It is now 10:00 p.m. Please return to your rooms and relax. Let the sound of the ocean gently rock you to sleep. Now then, sweet dreams everyone. Good niiiiight...

: It's already that time, huh... It's better if we just break for today.
: I'll try to think about it tonight more carefully... The correct thing for me to do...
: But regardless, I will never kill anyone. I mean, it's impossible.
: M-Me too...it's definitely impossible...
: Then, we should turn in for the day. I'll see y'all tomorrow...

Burdened by uneasy thoughts, we all went back to our respective cottages... But...still...

That was totally unexpected... I can't believe she actually said something like that so forcefully. "I will never...ever...let another killing happen."

She's probably dealing with all this in her own way, but...

: *Yawwwnnn...*
: Ah, I feel sleepy. I should go back too... *leaves*

...I can't read her at all.

No Music.

A motive...to kill someone, huh... Is doing nothing at all correct...? Or is trying to stop it from happening while being aware of the danger correct...?

: ...There's no way I'd understand...something like that...

In this messed up world... There's no way I can know what's right...

: You don't know how tough it is to be successful. I'm so jealous of people who aren't successful and don't have anything. The biggest obstacle to challenging new things is definitely your past successes. Those always hold me back, all the time. I'm so jealous of people who don't have anything. People with no expectations sure are happy. I mean, they can do anything they want without worrying about anything.
: Man, being successful is tough!

FPzero fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 30, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

FPzero posted:

: Motive or otherwise, it doesn't matter... I won't let another killing happen. I will never...ever...let another killing happen.
Courageously trying to raise all the death flags herself. :v:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I think that the true motive for the next murder is that Monokuma's game is so bad that anyone who plays it will want to kill themselves. It's the perfect crime!

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

FPzero posted:

: That's right, this game is gonna be your next motive! The motive you need to kill people! After all, I'm gonna get boed if the next blackened doesn't show up soon!

May want an R in there.

Hope the next free time is the one that specifically got recommended for this point.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
A Suda51 game? This really puts them in a tight spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I think the thing to do here would be to all play the game together. That way no one is going to have more information than anyone else, and people know what to be on the lookout for.

• Locked thread