Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Double Punctuation posted:

It means there's an area that's not monitored.

I'm getting annoyed at Hajime because that's the immediate and first thing I thought of, and it's just not clicking with him at all.

The obvious thing seems to be to try and talk and plan away from Monokuma, though with these kids it might just be that someone gets murdered in there. The clock that can't ever be adjusted will obviously also be important. I really like everyone else that's left, though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I have so many theories and this game is just teasing at the answers! :argh: Such...despair...

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I would definitely kill someone if that was the only way out of the strawberry house.

But poor Hajime, jeez. Everyone would rather hang out with that weird fucker Nagito, even when Nagito is the one transparently casting shade to make them all suspicious in the first place.

And I'm hoping now that not a single one of Nekomaru's new robot functions they keep drawing attention to is in any way relevant to the next murder.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
holy poo poo :stare:

Nagito is the best character in this game. He's so hosed up and twisted, but it's also kind of like, he could really use a hug?

Though unless there's more to the story (and he did cut off partway through adding something more...) the disease has to be a lie. If he'd had a year to live before enrolling in Hope's Peak he'd be dead by now.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
How long have they been trapped in there? Like three days? Why is a healthy 18 year old loving passing out from starvation at this point?

I mean I know it's not shown but presumably they've got water to drink.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Kind of suspected the super powerful robot that was immune to Monokuma's giant guns wasn't going to be allowed to stay around for long, but still sad. :(

Souda or Akane seem obvious suspects...I don't like either one so meh. I'm leaning toward Akane though just from the way he's all dented up. Souda would have presumably had more finesse in taking apart a machine (especially one with a literal off switch) and Nekomaru would trust Akane enough to be alone with her.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 10, 2017

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Was he tied to the pillar before it broke?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
It pretty much has to be Souda now, doesn't it? Seems pretty complicated for anyone else to rig up, and as the only one who can fix the elevator he can control the investigation.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I actually had the VLR LP open in another tab and had this confused moment wondering how I'd managed to click over to it.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
game gettin good

Even better if Monomi gets forced to shoot herself offscreen. She's 1000x more annoying in video format.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm curious how much hes going to tell us. There is a reason the devs omitted it from nagito protagonist thoughts, its just a question of when they decided to drop it.

If it's anywhere other than during the most dramatic moment of the trial then I question why they even teased it.

quote:

So if I look at these profiles, I'll be able to find out what Hajime's hidden talent is, too. He'll probably be happy about it! Yay!

Something about the 'Yay!' just slays me but also 1.) whatever it turns out to be, I sincerely doubt Hajime will be happy about it and 2.) they're going to keep finding excuses not to reveal anything right up until the very end, aren't they? :(

Zoe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 19, 2017

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Can we go back to playing as Nagito now? Let's not be that useless second-stringer Hajime anymore.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 21, 2017

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
double post

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Walmart is supposed to have the PS4 version for $40

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
'I am not some woman with flexible legs!' is a great line.

Souda still looking reeeaaaal suspicious here, but in fiction that should mean he's innocent. I think.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

EponymousMrYar posted:

On the other, other other hand why leave a perfectly good mallet there to confuse the scene of the crime?

This and the fact that he didn't make it blindingly obvious it was suicide in the first place is what confuses me. If they're not expecting it then they're looking for a murderer and if they guess that wrong, he's killed them all.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Gundham, is this REALLY the time to go off on one of your tangents? :rolleyes:

I've started actually watching the videos for the last few trials, really drives home the change in Nagito, wow.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I don't even care about this murder anymore, I just want to know what the hell Nagito found in those files.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Someone else had to have been through the Final Dead Room before Nagito, because the hammer, etc. would have had to come from there.

Reading back a bit, I'm almost wondering about Chiaki, seeing how she stopped us from going in ourselves, and as a gamer the lure of winning something called the 'Ultimate Weapon' after beating a challenge may have been too much to resist?

Not possible of course because Chiaki is a sweet person and the best. :3 But the only other suspect I have is Souda, and there's still the problem there that he's just too obvious.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I could buy Nekomaru committing suicide to save everyone else, but why the shiny new hammer? That at least makes it look like a murder, and if the students get it wrong then they die. I suppose Monobear might have planted it.

Someone already said assisted suicide and it looks like it would have to be, so maybe that, plus tampering with the crime scene afterwards?

Maybe the accomplice was supposed to let everyone know what happened afterwards so they wouldn't all get themselves killed pointing fingers the wrong way, and then decided nah and to twist the whole thing to get themselves out?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm leaning away from Souda now because surely he likes Sonia too much to want her to die?

Nagito still sure is being a dick to the one other competent student though.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

amigolupus posted:

...And was it me, or was that gently caress joke an SA reference?

No one has heard of this dead gay comedy forum, so seems unlikely, but it's hard to avoid making the connection and it made me laugh either way.

And I'm guessing the elevator would have to rotate because of the whole thing with the compass.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm guessing the 'Stufatly' joke was a better play on words in Japanese. (And was Nagito really surprise Hajime knew the definition of 'octagon', come on...)

Glad this is updating again. I was reeeeaaal tempted to look up some spoilers, but the game's been out so long anyway that a delay of a few days is nbd.

I have two suspects right now, but they're the same I had at the beginning of the trial so I'm just :f5:ing and waiting for the outcome. I hope it's Souda because out of everyone left I like him the least.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This part at least should be easy to figure out even if I am too lazy to go back and find the old updates with the guys explaining what they heard and when.

Meanwhile Souda is just gross.

But all this time I'd been assuming Monokuma changed the clocks.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm still guessing Souda, ever moreso now that he's suddenly acting weirder than usual. There may be a breakdown coming on.

Gundham is the other maybe, but I'm going to be annoyed if the mystery hinges on hamsters being able to share information on building designs.

And there's still the fact that another idiot aside from Nagito had to be okay with playing Russian Roulette...

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Really, really?? You end it right there? I mean it's obvious who it is now but drat. That's just mean.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Dog Kisser posted:

Based on nothing I hope Gundham dies because he sucks.

Don't worry, he is going to. I have a feeling the explanation is going to make me rage a little though as it will no doubt involve hamsters drawing accurate blueprints of the building for him.

I don't know why this is so hard to accept when we already have an evil teddy bear and a robot man and all the other weird poo poo, but it just is. I have owned hamsters. They are stupid.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Will the hamsters be executed too? :ohdear:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I love how Nagito just never passes up an opportunity to get in a jab at Super Highschool Reserve Course Student Hajime now.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm sad we won't get anymore Gundham rants once he's dead, he has such a good voice actor.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stroth posted:

This loving game.

I laughed out loud at that part, couldn't help it.

Hmm, can't help but feeling Gundham's confession lacked the oomph of some of the others, but I guess it's hard to shock with a sudden switch to insanity when the guy's been wildly delusional all along. Feels like there's got to be more coming here though, like at least something about his motive. (probably also hamster related). It was a nice touch that it was his need to brag about how awesome he and they were that ultimately confirmed things however.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I was waiting for Gundham's facade to crack and maybe make him interesting in a way that can be connected with right before the execution, but nope, wrapped in grandiose delusions till the end.

The voice acting's still good at least.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Kangra posted:

I could almost believe that he completely fabricated the encounter with Mechamaru.

I read 'you annoy me with your very existence' as 'I cannot bear not being the Most Special but how do I compete with robot powers???'

It seemed like quite a bit of reaching for the others to decide he'd sacrificed himself for them, and anything someone so out of touch with reality says is suspect to begin with, but eh, whatever makes them feel better about the whole thing I guess.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can you imagine what it would have been like if Nekomaru were the murderer? Could he really have kept quiet?

I imagine he wouldn't have attempted to cover it up, since successfully doing so would result in everyone else's death and all and he supposedly liked Akane at the very least.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

amigolupus posted:

Also, the murder method used on Mechamaru feels too cruel to be associated with the concept of self-sacrifice. Dude was strung up on a high place and fell to his death. It's an ugly way to go, and Mechamaru didn't deserve that.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Blacking out and then waking up in a situation where any move will send you plummeting to a painful end you're fully conscious to experience seems just a bit unpleasant, even if you'd been expecting to fight someone to the death prior to that.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
If I were playing this game I don't think I'd be able to put it down at this point.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Clearly just some VLR style parallel universe thing going on. Sometimes Mechumaru is dead on the floor, sometimes the couch is very tiny...

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
With all the Hope AND Despair I wondered whether we would get a tiny little Nagito of our very own.

Sonia's mention of using an explosive force pretty much guarantees we're going to get to see one of the tanks in action, yes?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Nagito is being so helpful and cooperative about this getting captured thing, I'm not seeing the problem here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think what Monomi might have been trying to say is that the traitor doesn't remember being the traitor because of the memory wipe. Also there's one thing that Nagito might not have been considering: Someone might kill him in the hopes that they can escape before the bombs go off. It might not even be the traitor.

Yes, all of this. Seems like he just provided a really good motive for the next murder. Although I guess he doesn't even necessarily have to be the target.

Also, gently caress Monomi. I think that is what she tried to say and yet none of the characters seemed to pick up on it and she didn't bother trying to repeat herself and probably won't.

• Locked thread