Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Reading the first thread gave me a new appreciation for the first game, but I've always loved #2 and am extremely glad everyone will get to meet my favorite character in the Dangan Ronpa series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Wait, is this the same guy who used to be one of the Power Rangers? Never knew he went into voice acting.

One of the most prolific in the industry, actually. I'm surprised you didn't learn this earlier.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Thesaya posted:

I am very happy you are doing this game too. Don't really have speculation yet, that will probably come once the plot gets going a bit more. Except, for the setting, it seems that the first classroom was a film set, or if not, there is drugs or magic involved. I really hope it's not magic, that would really mess with what is possible and not and for this game, I don't feel that would be very fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnH9Gbw4ybk

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
sometimes a wav file is just a wav file, thesaya

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I love all of our friends on this island, except that rear end in a top hat Steve! gently caress you, Steve!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ugh. It's Steve. gently caress you, Steve.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Gorilla Salad posted:

So what does the blood nose denote, again? Lust?

Yes. Steve is extremely horny.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My favorite character is :30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux::30bux: long. Instances of my favorite character subsist on a diet of [DATA EXPUNGED.]

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 13, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Steve would just eat all of it. gently caress you Steve.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's because nobody could wait to get the true glory of this game's best character on the screen.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
sonia's cool, imo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
goodnight sweet prince

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hajimes orange juice

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
His name is Nagito, thanks guys.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
His name is Nagito. Nagito Komaeda. 凪斗狛枝. Any resemblance to other persons, living or dead, is completely coincidental, and also, gently caress you!!!!!!

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 23, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

readingatwork posted:

Also it should go without saying but don't watch any of these.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Talow posted:

!Makoto

nnnnNNOOOOO

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Agreed, I really am linking this voice work, plus that would be a kind of fun bait and switch back to the first game, accusing our *Not Makoto* of being a murderer.

grffffff

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
also Bryce Papenbrook as Nagito Komaeda is one of his greatest roles in history

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm glad that this game's greatest character has finally revealed his true ultimate power.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That feeble glow-in-the-dark paint is not enough light shining through the cracks in the floor to let the killer find their way from the storage room to the table. Remember that Nagito had to use the power cord, and he had the advantage of standing near the table, knowing when the blackout would occur and being able to face that direction when the power went out.

The blackout also had a bunch of people running around during it and causing havoc, along with the fact that the table was covered by a tablecloth that blocked the knife. The point of the tape was for when Nagito was under the table, not to reach it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
: I'm a pioneer! I'm an explorer! I'm a human, and I'm coming! I'm animated, I'm alive, my heart's big, it's got hot blood going through it fast! I like to fight, too! I like to eat! I like to have children! I'm HERE! I've got LIFE FORCE! This is a human! This is what we look like! This is what we act like! This is what everybody was like before us! This is what I am. I'm a throwback. I'm here. I've got the fire of human liberty! I'm setting fires everywhere, and humans are turning on everywhere!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ideals, philosophy, art, culture. they live and die by the meme... an infection

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Feed your boyfriend, Hajime.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

eating only apples posted:

Hiyoko is great, I'm sad she ended up dying here.

You're weird.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sindai posted:

I'm glad we finally know who the romantic interest is in this game.

It took you this long?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

No one is talking about how Nagito is obviously Naegi - same height, weight, appearance and voice actor? And his name is an anagram of "Makoto Naegi da". So that means he's definitely not Naegi. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Uh, he actually has completely different specs. He's half a foot taller, broader, and slightly heavier.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

If Souda ends up being the Hagakure of this game, I won't be happy

Are you ever happy?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I kind of feel like the character dynamics of DR1 and their actions are a lot stronger, while DR2's are far more just fulfilling their quirky anime charicatures while not accomplishing anything.
Like what was going on in DR1? Characters first thing first made up a system of not being out at night in order to try not to get killed, which Togami ignores and causes a rift in the group for it, and then a lot of the motives in the cases have to do with the question of why they were captured and what their lives before this situation were. There was a traitor situation but there was actually evidence the traitor had worked against the group beyond Monobear's word. Just, I really remember believing in DR1's characters, and I've been unable to believe in DR2's when a lot of what they do seems to be to fulfill their stereotypes and ignore their own stakes.

Exactly two people in DR1 actually accomplish anything (Sakura sacrifices herself and Kyoko does all the work.) Kazuichi and Nekomaru immediately tied up the crazy rear end in a top hat, unlike the cast of the first game who just let Byakuya "I will kill everyone because gently caress you" Togami just run around doing whatever he wanted, including after he nearly got the group killed by intentionally loving up a murder scene. Also, the cast of the first game were apparently so dense that none of them noticed the difference in their bodies from two years' worth of lost memories, again, except Kyoko, who just did all the work. The entire cast's opinion of the Toko and Byakuya situation is a resounding "whatever, who cares." Not only does the person who institutes the nighttime rule do so entirely for a murder, it doesn't even take that because Sayaka immediately plans a murder with it. Also, the gang in DR1 had one consistent enemy to work against, whereas in DR2 they not only have Monokuma, who is evil and making them murder each other, but also Usami, who is running around spouting off nonsense and has outright admitted to kidnapping them all.

Like I'm not gonna call DR2's cast paragons of intelligence here, but the cast in DR1 is loving stupid. Always remember that only one person in that entire group was smart enough to figure out 11037.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hey, Chihiro did things, too. :(

And I just finished replaying DR1, too. You're right. Chihiro did do things. He was actually the most competent character, which is probably why he's one of my favorites. :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Sonia is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Also, if the end result is a non-Nagito killer, who gets executed, that will be an incredibly unsatisfying and infuriating development. Unsatisfying because the "killer" had no intention of actually killing anyone AND the one who ended up killing them is already dead.

You're thinking about how much you want to **** Nagito, aren't you?

• Locked thread