Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Who is this Ben? The secret 17th student? Mastermind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

I never even noticed that. I wonder if it will be that way in all future Byakuya Free Times.

Yeah, DR2 is not as well edited as the first game was. I've been silently fixing misspellings and the like during updates if they appear. I'm not sure what could've caused the increase in english text errors over the previous game. Maybe it was the fact the first game's Vita released came out in early 2014 and the second game something like 6 or 7 months later.

I had no idea it was so prevalent. I don't even remember seeing any when I first played through it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love that Mikan's pose is a truth bullet. It was a totally "wait wtf?" moment for me.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Literally just finished this game and am looking forward to seeing how others react to things as they unfold. It's a pretty great game and I think you'll all enjoy it.

Also, a word of warning those who are going to take a look at the DR3 anime once this is done: Do not start on the Despair arc! Start with Future, then do Dispair, then do Hope. I watched them out of order (because the geniuses at Funimation listed them that way) and it spoiled Future almost completely for me. Also it should go without saying but don't watch any of these until you've finished DR2.

Actually the order of airing is Future ep1 > Despair Ep 1 > Future ep 2 etc and leave Hope until last.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

: This is the Rebuttal Showdown, a brand-new minigame in Danganronpa 2. I...have mixed feelings about it. Conceptually it's very cool and I think it's a good addition to the game but in execution it's probably the most difficult and demanding minigame to do.

100% agree with this. It's a neat idea but my god it becomes a pain to do later on, even on normal difficulty.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

PopeCrunch posted:

So I was just going to the kitchen for some water, when I noticed one of my cat's toys, a glow in the dark mouse, and noticed that I could see where the coffee table leg was because when the toy was behind the leg, I couldn't see it.

I wonder if the killer planted the knife as combination bait and trap - thinking that there was a killer, and if they arranged the blackout and the knife, someone with murder on their mind would start hunting for a weapon. When whoever was hiding under the floor saw the glow from the knife wink out, they knew it was time to start stabbing. I wonder if some other person got a note like Blackula did, and just decided on a more... proactive approach.

This post is meta af.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

oath2order posted:

None of this explains why he suddenly brought up Avril Levigne though.

IIRC he says it in the japanese version as well.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

: A wise catbot once said, "Our eyes are on the front so we can keep moving forward!" *leaves*

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The translation team did their best but sometimes even they have to admit defeat.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Sonia

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

: Then let's begin. Shall I call it...Thinking Time?

Hahaha I heard the words in my head as I read this.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh boy, we've reached the best chapter.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

: Sorry that this isn't really an update, but I have to do this or Fedule might ban me for forgetting.

: From the previous update:

: Well, he really only requested the little meat on the bone option here, but I decided to also see what happens if you try to agree with Akane about all her front tail theories.

: From Trial 5 Part 2:

: From Trial 5 Part 3:

: With this, my account's safety has been secured!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Zoe posted:

I don't know if it's a translation thing or just a cultural thing with different audience expectations or what but a bunch of lines of filler where the characters are dithering uselessly and dancing around a subject until you're yelling at the screen for them to just get on with it definitely seems to be a uniquely annoying feature of writing in Japanese games.

Character 1: 'It's because of that incident!'
Character 2: 'That incident!?' *aside to self* Huh? Are they referring to the incident when that certain person did that thing?'
*out loud* Are you referring to the incident when that certain person did that thing?'
'Character 1: 'Yes that is indeed the incident I'm referring to!'

You forgot the part where they flashback to two seconds ago when they first brought up the incident.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

These moments were great.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Halospaz117 posted:

From what I remember, the original translation wasn't straight up necrophilia, as much as something about transplanting Junko's womb and/or ovaries in place of their own. Feel free to correct me if I'm remembering wrong.

If this is the case then the localisation was pretty clever. Still though

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

You know, it was a missed opportunity for the devs to not give Sonia the hamsters after Gundham died. She even says she took them for a walk at one point, though admittedly that was in the glitchy moments post trial 5. But we could've had Sonia + Four Dark Devas sprites...

This would have been amazing.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

drilganronpa has some spoilers for the other games, just fyi y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The OP for the DR2.5 anime is really good. Maybe the only good thing about the anime overall.

• Locked thread