Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
What was the really clever idea someone had for the English translation of the name before any official releases existed? It was a play on "Bullet" or "Calibre" with "evidence" or something and it was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Bullet Proof?

Yeah, that's it! I understand the appeal of the name as is, but I think that's a good translation of the name that would've been an easier sell to mainstream Anglophones.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

resurgam40 posted:

That's a highly difficult name to market though, given all the properties and other things that use that term. A lot of people would buy it expecting Makoto to break into this.

Maybe, the only noteworthy game to use the word is the 50 Cent one, and you'd have the benefit of it being two separate words instead.

At the very least I think it makes a better subtitle for the first game than "Trigger Happy Havoc".

• Locked thread