Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

I just realised why Gundam did it - his hamsters were starving.

It was the only thing he could do to save them :(

This already came up, he was feeding them sunflower seeds from the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Leylite posted:

How did Gundham beat the Russian Roulette game? Did he decide that a 1-in-6 chance at death was worth risking in order to get more information about the interior rooms, and leave open the possibility of murdering someone later? It's hard to say at this point in the story whether he could somehow have tampered with those odds.

A 1/6 chance of dying doesn't look so bad when you're already starving to death, especially if there might be a way out afterwards.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

Huh, that was new. I get being killed by animals for irony, but normally the deaths have been depressing jabs at the killers while Gundham looks at peace with all of this and gets an inspiring angel treatment. It feels....

off.

FPzero posted:

In my eyes I've always thought of this as a bad death for him. He wanted to go to hell with his evil. Instead, he's going to (animal)heaven.

Keep in mind that Mikan's execution was literally just a lethal injection followed by a bizarre drug hallucination/orgasm metaphor. The DR2 executions seem to care about spectacle more than brutality. I'm perfectly willing to believe that being able to be with all of his animal friends in the afterlife is secretly exactly what Gundham wanted.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

amigolupus posted:

The real twist for me is that apparently Mechamaru was okay with a fight to the death and how gung-ho he was. The hell was Mechamaru up to before he became a coach?

As a coach he was upset that his "team" had accepted defeat, just like Gundham was. They essentially had the same motive.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Quantum Toast posted:

Now that's just playing dirty.

It's actually pretty obvious when you're playing, it's pretty distinct from the rest of them. Hard to tell on the small image, though.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

It's very clear that this setting has been planned out for them, so why not think the two stuffed animals with the same naming schemes and design are in it together?

Monomi's real name is Usami and she was originally a magical girl bunny, Monokuma is the one who gave her her new look and name.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Fabulousvillain posted:

I wonder if there are any characters whose talent is just a character trait,

You mean like Ultimate Lucky Student?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Always remember that only one person in that entire group was smart enough to figure out 11037.

With things like this it's easy to forget when reading the translated game, but the characters are Japanese. Likely most of them don't even know English, let alone being able to read it upside-down.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

His face didn't exactly scream suicide though.

Inflicting yourself with dozens of knife wounds doesn't hurt any less than someone else doing it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Too bad he died (not really). He could be an unstoppable super-soldier, just blindfold him and send him into battle and he'll slaughter entire armies. No soldier, no tank, nor plane, nor rocket could possibly give him the slightest of scratches.

No, the way his luck works, he'd actually get shot immediately but then a volcano will spontaneously erupt under the opposing army.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Fake Byakuya is the Mukuro parallel, of course, but it's kind of a funny twist. He's so terrible at being Byakuya, but both you and the in-game characters believe that it's him because why wouldn't it be? Truly, he was the Ultimate Impostor. :allears:

Yeah, I love this twist, because it's really stupid and obvious in retrospect but in the moment you have absolutely no trouble believing that Byakuya put on 300 pounds, underwent a significant personality shift, and went back to the school where 10 people died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Buried alive posted:

Eh.. I find this doubtful. I think you'll react in most of the same ways and have the same personality/attitude/etc you always had, you just won't know why.

This is pretty blatantly contradicted by what happened in chapter 3. When Mikan got her memories back she swerved from shy, awkward nurse to cold-blooded killer on a dime.

e: I was extremely beaten. Oops.

• Locked thread