Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

resurgam40 posted:

It sounds a little odd, and not nearly as incomprehensible as it's supposed to reading it, but Creole is kind of an inspired choice for Teru's accent- kind of obscure but still relatively local, recognizable and distinct.

Also associated with cuisine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Discomusic posted:

She probably photographed something she shouldn't have.

Huh. Just like Girl D did?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Uhhh, so the killer couldn't use the out-of-order shower to wash themselves off, and instead used a bunch of water bottles? And the game went out of its way to establish that Pekoyama was wet? I'm hoping there's another twist here.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Buried alive posted:

Sonia was wearing a wetsuit.

All good points, especially the quoted, which I had already forgotten.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Oh, duh. "Kuzuryu" isn't credited twice, two Kuzuryus are credited once each.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I too still bear the marks of my battle against the demon Smallpox.

E: Gundham, you loving goober.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

How is breaking the lock not against the rules? Is littering forbidden but vandalism not?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

LonelyMudkip posted:

Maybe it was pre-recorded by the killer, and set up to play whenever someone in the hospital turned on the camera to ensure that someone witnessed the "suicide," but that's just wild speculation.

If we're speculating, I think it was "performed live" from a room in the hospital set up to look like the stage, using that cloth we saw in the other room earlier.

e: found it

FPzero posted:

: First, there's a conference room.

: Hm...this room is...

There's a lot of chairs and desks here. I guess it's sort of like a conference room...

: The conference room has a few objects we can examine.

It's a folding desk. They probably arranged these inside the conference room during meetings.

: There's another Hidden Monokuma in here but I didn't spot it while playing. It's already hard to see when it's daytime and nighttime makes it even harder. Try finding it for yourself. If you can't see it now, I get it later on.

It's a really big window... The room looks more spacious thanks to that.

It's a projector. Well, it's not strange for it to be in a conference room, after all.

: It's a big curtain.

A big, black curtain inside a hospital... It doesn't really seem like it belongs... Is that because...this is a conference room?

That thing hanging from the left wall resembles the surveillance unit too.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 12, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Speaking of Nagito, there was that weird bit with the "Two Ibuki's"

I am proceeding on the assumption that was a joke concerning another murder mystery videogame, but on the other hand, I've said that I suspect the broadcast was sent from inside the hospital, which would involve someone pretending to be Ibuki, so

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Zoe posted:

It just occurred to me - is Hajime keeping the whole thing about seeing the hanging on the video to himself? I don't remember him mentioning it right off, and I'm not sure why they're all immediately jumping to the conclusion of two murders when Ibuki's at first glance would seem to be a suicide.

No, which is going to look bad later when they finally get around to asking why he was in the Titty Twister in the first place. I think it will sound suspicious.

In fact, he consciously avoids a chance to tell Nagito:

FPzero posted:

: Hajime...this might be impudent of me to ask but... Will you listen to what I have to say?
: ...
: I heard that you witnessed the incident from the very beginning, right?
: ...So what?
: Can you provide me with a summary of the incident? I need to reach the truth behind this incident. For the sake of dedicating my body to...an even greater hope...
: No.

: ...Why?
: Don't make me repeat myself...no!

This guy just wants to confuse us... There's no way I'm going to tell him what he wants to know!

: ...I see, that's disappointing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Of course, if everyone's memory of their intense and life-changing (world-changing?) first-year experiences have been wiped, there's no guarantee that even Hajime isn't - or at least wasn't - the traitor. Shame on him for not at least considering and dismissing the possibility.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

FPzero posted:

: If anyone doesn't get the joke going on here, "Nezumi" is the Japanese word for mouse. "Mouse Castle," hence the reactions.

Also, IIRC, the Japanese voice actress for Monokuma provided essentially the same voice for eternally-beloved cartoon cat Doraemon, who was afraid of mice because they had chewed his ears off.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Sindai posted:

A mouse-themed amusement park? What kind of insanity will the game come up with next??

Gonna man up and admit I didn't think of that.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The crummy room might be good, if it's harder to murder anyone in it. I mean, it is being contrasted with rooms with better sound-proofing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I'm expecting the suites to include private bathrooms.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

FPzero posted:

: Per...so...na!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Zoe posted:

(And was Nagito really surprise Hajime knew the definition of 'octagon', come on...)

Sadly the editor wouldn't let the localizers use their first choice of "...Who the gently caress taught you 'octagon'?!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Zoe posted:

And there's still the fact that another idiot aside from Nagito had to be okay with playing Russian Roulette...

I'd believe Baby Gangsta could do it. He's already self-harmed.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Press "sleep" to pay respects.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

So, uh, how'd your dog die, Nagito?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

FPzero posted:

: Because...she's already done to a faraway place...

"Gone," I assume.

Does anyone know what game (I also assume) this is a reference to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

FPzero posted:

I wonder if localization companies can't rely on traditional spellchecking methods for their scripts because of all the Japanese names and other game words that a spellchecker won't understand.

You could add those to the spellchecking dictionary, but I'm not saying I could do their job any better.

• Locked thread