Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse
The lions and the lambs ain't sleeping yet

Ooh, this'll be fun to finally have a complete LP of this game on the forums. I hope people keep the speculation coming, so I can vicariously experience it all for the first time again.

I'll try to shut up and not whinge about the English audio, cause this game does have a good dub. It's just that no one could even hope to compete with the Japanese voice for the best character in the whole drat franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

ManicVolcanic posted:

Funnily enough, there were nine leg shots in the intro: one each for all the girls except Ibuki, one for Hajime, and a dual one for Nagito and Teruteru.

Poor Komaeda, how come he had to share a screen with somebody instead of getting one all his own, and he got stuck with Teruteru of all people? This is an outrage!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Gundam and Ibuki are the best. Well, second best.... or maybe third to sixth best? Anyway, they're really great.

I don't know much about chuunibyous but Gundam is the only one I've ever seen make it look cool.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Fedule posted:

I love basically every character in this game dearly. Even Hanamura, sort of.

There is just one tiny aspect of his character I find amusing, yeah. Maybe two. It's nice that even the absolute worst character has a couple fun moments.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I'm leaning towards no polls cause I don't really care what you do with free time events, so long as you get that one early one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Bullet Proof?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Agreed, I really am linking this voice work, plus that would be a kind of fun bait and switch back to the first game, accusing our *Not Makoto* of being a murderer.

I have very strong feelings about preferring the Japanese voice, but this particular scene is one of this voice actor's better moments.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

I wish I could have my memory erased and watch this part for the first time all over again.

(still like his Japanese voice better though)

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

One of the things I love most about this game is they throw you right into endgame-level crazytown right from Chapter 1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

MattTheDoctor posted:

Nagito is straight up one of my favorite antagonists in fiction. It started from this moment and, boy oh boy.

This reveal was especially jarring since I was in the "maybe he's just good old Naegi with a new improved hairstyle, going by an alias" camp.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

This is another one of my favourite moments right here. Komaeda suddenly interjecting with the classic "sore wa chigau yo" like that in his subtly different not-Naegi voice just gave me loving chills the first time I heard it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

FPzero posted:

But...why did Nagito do something so messed up?

SDR2.txt

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Podima posted:

Oh my GOD that cliffhanger.

: I'm gonna do it...I'm gonna beat the crap out of him...

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

FPzero posted:

He's not the best character or anything and his Sonia-infatuation is way more annoying than I remembered, but I was happy he was still alive at this point in the game.

I'm maybe more annoyed by Hinata minimising Souda's behavior sometimes, like it's not really a big deal and Sonia should just feel sorry for him or something. Can't remember a good example was off the top of my head to quote, though.

Like it's bad enough for Souda to be kind of a creep, but maybe with Sonia telling him off he'll finally catch a clue. But Hinata should know better and not enable him!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

FPzero posted:

: Yeah...that's our Nagito...

Q: Who could have possibly done this to Komaeda? Who could have done anything so horribly cruel and hosed-up??
A: Komaeda

I love this chapter so much.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

it's his own fault for breathing.

StabbeysNagitoOpinions.txt

(I kid)

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Podima posted:

NEXT UPDATE NOW PLEASE.

emptyquotin'

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

mateo360 posted:

Right in Chapter 3 Deadly Life Part 2

That sounds less like Monokuma making it a hard and fast rule that the mastermind is always the right answer, and more like Monokuma just trying to make sure no one can gently caress up the whole system with multiple killers. If someone gets an accomplice, the mastermind would be the one you have to vote for in that particular scenario.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Welp, not everyone is going to find satisfaction with this kind of scenario. But to me, the issue of how fair Chiaki's death is never even enters the equation. Of course everything's unfair, from both Monokuma and from Komaeda's ridiculous ability. The central drama of this case is mainly the growing horror and realization of just how far Komaeda's gone to gently caress with everyone, and what the fallout's going to be, while still leaving you with the burning question of "but WHY?!"

With even the characters in-game pointing how how each chapter has some vague similarities to its DR1 counterpart, this one fully matches DR1's chapter 5 in making you go "WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON". And the other similarities to DR1's Chapter 5 help to toy with your emotions even further. In DR1 it looked like Naegi might lose Kirigiri, who was his main partner and support by then. Here, you probably can't help but wonder if something similar will happen again with Chiaki... there'll be some way to save her, an Alter Ego moment where the execution is stopped. ...but then, no.

This is my favourite part in all of Dangan Ronpa. (...haven't played V3 yet though)

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There is nothing wrong about hacking off a dead person's arm and attaching it to your body as a sign of hatred for them.

it's not even like it's just a sign of hatred either, it's to absorb their power! Totally reasonable!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Solitair posted:

While V3 is my favorite game in the series and I encourage people to play it, I hope that when someone finally gets around to an LP, some goons will be able to react and speculate in the thread.

unless V3 goes on some massive 80% off sale or something by the time an LP starts, I will be one of those goons.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Komaeda did (almost) nothing wrong

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also, it's obvious, but people should listen to this part just for the Imposter's voice.

or for Hajime's voice, his voice actor knocked this part outta the loving park and that's coming from a huge Japanese-voices snob

I always liked Hajime as a protagonist a lot more than Naegi (not that I don't like Naegi though) and the contrast is especially strong here - instead of being all optimistic about hope saving the day, we get to see him realistically freak the gently caress out, I just love it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also Dangan Ronpa 3 is incredibly bad for what it is and it's message is stupid as gently caress compared to literally everything else, whilst partially ruining previous entries and generally making everyone look worse. Do not watch Dangan Ronpa 3, it is bad and I'm pretty sure if you actually wanted closure you could come up with something better on your own.

there's a couple cool character moments here and there in the prequel half of the anime, but it's heavily outweighed by some very, very stupid things.

The one-shot 2.5 thing is okay though?

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Lord_Magmar posted:

Haven't watched the 2.5 thing, but it's about Nagito saving everyone so I've heard?

not exactly, without spoiling anything it's best to just say "it's about Nagito", which is surely enough for people to know if they'd like to watch it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 11, 2010

Resurrected
Living in a lighthouse

Solitair posted:

I think that's where you got your current avatar from, right?

nah it's just some fanart I found somewhere, which happened to be perfect for representing a Mafia game I played in recently

• Locked thread