Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

What do they call him in words which will actually carry some meaning to most posters on the forum?
That one kid who's way up his own rear end in fantasyland, with this specific flavor being "acting like a dorky middle schooler."

See also: Troper tales, extra-delusional weaboos, basically half the people mock threads are about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
They're definitely entering high school. It's just that Hope's Peak is a very large, very anime high school.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Also, is it just me or did the designers crank up the fanservice this time around?
This entire game is a beach episode, does this really surprise you? :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

FPzero posted:

: The Togamit Corporation is famous worldwide, but it will grow even more rapidly under my command... You should feel lucky that someone as talented as me is here.
Typo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

resurgam40 posted:

It sounds a little odd, and not nearly as incomprehensible as it's supposed to reading it, but Creole is kind of an inspired choice for Teru's accent- kind of obscure but still relatively local, recognizable and distinct.
And it's definitely more creative than the generic southern accent translators usually use in place of non-Tokyo Japanese dialects.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Gihyou posted:

oh no game why
This is the same game that has Steve and Mikan in it. Are you really surprised?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

FPzero posted:

: It may be rude of me, but I would like to say my greetings first thing in the morning! Good morning! I look forward to working with you all today!
: I-Ibuki...?
: Yes! I am Ibuki Mioda!
: A-Aren't you...acting strange, too...?
The best part is that this is something Ibuki might actually do as a two-second gag...and then it keeps going long enough that you realize something's definitely wrong.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

eating only apples posted:

This fuckin guy. What's he even doing.

FPzero posted:

: I'll let you sob as much as you want later! Just hurry up and tell me before I change my mind!
: What a jeeeerk.
: Oh I see, you want me to explain it to you, right? Because you don't understand what I'm saying, right?
: An even bigger jerk!? Impossible!
Being amazing, that's what.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It doesn't seem like there's a cafeteria in that building. :ohdear:
Mechamaru's cola tears to the rescue!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

FPzero posted:

: Allow me to tell you a little old story... I was born as a result of a union between a human and a demon, and my existence was shunned by both races... Perhaps it's because nobody has ever bought me a toy before, but I believe this is truly remarkable...
:smith:

The Ultimate Mage Magician has a similarly deadpan voice in the JP voice track(which I played the demo with because I'm a terrible nerd), so it's definitely intentional. All the voices so far are pretty similar to the Japanese ones, honestly.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TastyLemonDrops posted:

DR3 is out now for 60 bux.
40bux if you're one of the five people who owns a vita. :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MonsterEnvy posted:

I can still bearly understand how eating only apples hated Gundham.

Like for one thing calling his voice acting awful is just blatantly untrue.
I guess it's a hatred of over-the-top theatrics, but if you hate that why the hell are you reading/playing danganronpa?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

FPzero posted:

: N-No...! That...that's not me...!

quote:

Poor Hajime, missing the 'accept your shadow and gain a persona' option.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The game is over for real, you guys

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Yeah, the implication is that Hinata is so different from Kamukura that he'd basically be committing suicide if he goes with the shutdown sequence(unlike the others, whose pre-program selves are an unknown factor & corrupted by Despair but still easy for them to see as themselves). Hinata's understandably a little hesistant about that. :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
And with this, the world will continue to loop!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Have you tried updating your Hajime to the latest version? Try a beta release Hajime if that doesn't help.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/931209127044325378
https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/status/938853990833332224

Thanks for my new favorite twitter account.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I feel like you can get all the good parts of Despair Girls by just watching youtube videos of the Toko/Sayo interaction scenes. Everything else ranges from mediocre to :yikes:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Mraagvpeine posted:

Just so it's clear, DR3 is the anime while DRV3 is the game, right?
Correct.

DRV3 has gameplay & mysteries in the same vein as DR1 and 2. It's good and people should play it.

UDG does not, and has (terribly executed) shooting as its main gameplay mechanic. There's no mystery, just trying to stop literal children from murdering everyone. It's bad & you should just youtube the Toko/Komaru scenes since they're the only redeeming part of it.

DR3 is hard to talk about without spoilers, but it has mysteries(sort of) but no class trials. It has some good bits but is overall mediocre.

• Locked thread