Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've just played both these games and watched the DR3 anime, and I think my favourite line in the first game is when Makoto points out that the Crime scene was moved, and Togami just says "Well that was specific. Why did you phrase it like that?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think overall one of my favourite characters is Fat!Togami, but the reasons why are so wreathed in spoilers I cannot elaborate. Similar reasons for liking another character as well.

And speaking of Steve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=groaPrY41Rk

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

This is an example of why I like Fat Togami - He has a very different outlook this time. In the first game he had a similar sentiment but inverted, in the first game he was very "Every man for himself, teamwork will only get you killed", while here he is much wiser. Here he is simply warning people that crimes of passion are really really easy to fall into so to keep themselves in check.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Was waiting for a safe time to mention this: Peko's food poisoning. I think I figured out why it happened considering what Steve said about the food being untainted - She wasn't poisoned. It was just a stroke of good fortune for someone that she was sequestered to the bathroom instead of being in the office to activate the circuit breaker - She got food-poisoning because of Nagito's Ultimate Luck: It got her stuck in a position that she couldn't do any good in.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just have Chiaki do a Let's Play of it, defuse the situation with her insightful knowledge of the history of the series and how this game ties in.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I hope that every game the protagonists room gets damaged in some small way - first game it was the bathroom, this game it's the lock, maybe next the bed will catch fire like in The Young Ones

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bear in mind - most of Nagito's lies are actually references to the plot of the first game, like "The character isn't dead, it was their twin!" and "There is a secret 17th student on this island!"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Will yeah, Genocide Jill wasn't attracted to anyone besides Togami, and her method of killing is so distinctive she'd be found out and killed straight away. She's a case of DID, not an idiot.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

She's Comedy Clumsy - the kind where you walk into a room with a box of syringes, trip so the syringes fly at the patient - and form a perfect outline of the patient on the wall behind them, all of them just missing him.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'll probably buy DR3 on Sunday, as my October budget will go into effect that day.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen everything but UDG because I heard about that garbage, and actually enjoyed the anime for what it was, but thanks for the warning.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Alton Towers has a ride that's really a narrative experience, you have a tour through an abandoned laboratory while a story is told of a cursed tree that got angry when travellers severed one of it's branches hundreds of years ago - In the final room you take seats on a large set of benches, and it does the trick with the bench spinning on a horizontal axis making it feel like your going upside-down when your really not, but it distracts you with a cool twist - the spinning stops at the apex of the spin at the "top" of the room, then you look "down" and see the true source of the narration - the tree itself shouting the last verses of the story at you. It's a cool idea and I enjoyed it, but the problem is it stops being interesting after the first go.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm currently halfway but I've beaten the other two games so I'm safe. This game pulled that too though, it literally spoils the first one in the first few hours of play.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Gundham needs to be in the Ghostbusters franchise, just for a conversation with Gozer. I wonder if she would buy that his Hamsters are Gods?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Gozer: You're so called Devas are... cute... I mean for Gods.

Gundham: Th...thankyou :shobon:

Hell the best clash of the gods would be Gozer meeting Baron Samedi. He'd admit he was a God (well, Loa), then immediately try to hit on her from what I read about him on Wikipedia. Apparently he's quite the partier. Also until I read the wiki I had no idea he was a healing if it pleases him/lead you to the afterlife type of Loa. His mimics in everything always paint his imagery as evil, like the James Bond character and Dr Facilier, when he seems more mischievous than anything else. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi Also according to another website, he's actually anti-voodoo zombie. He watches over corpses to basically make sure they stay buried.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 7, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This kind of scenario is what gives the Ace Attorney games the edge over DR for me - in those people lie for valid reasons or are mistaken in a genuine fashion.

In DR the nature of the arguments means everyone but the protagonist is so loving dense! The dummy stuff that started this update was completely stupid!

I liked the characterisation in the later Ace Attorney games, like the prosecutor with the samurai theme who's entire reaction to Phoenix's theories was "Interesting... can you back that up? :allears:" He was pretty much on the side of truth from the start and that's pretty cool. Also with the priestess who looked through the eyes of the dead coming on board in only a few cases was pretty cool too - she just wanted to make sure she got the right guy this time, because since Phoenix starts tearing apart her "perfect" evidence she realises how many holes her testimony has likely had in the past, and worrying if she may have accidentally sent innocent men to their deaths. I always like when those games have no obstacles outside the witness stand, just competing theories given in good grace, no manipulation, just interpretation.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Fuyuhiko's nickname in the Tokyo Underworld will be "Colon 3". Because he's :3

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Animal trainers are fun characters. The one in Ace Attorney Investigations 2 is amazing, but Gundham has a certain Je ne saie quoi about him. That handshake was a cute touch.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

That goes from "needle in a haystack" to "needle in a stack of needles".

And doesn't it just fill you with *~despair~*? :devil:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

At least it wasn't a blind LP so you weren't spoiled :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I also like that Baby Gangsta, unlike the others, didn't dismiss Nagito - he tried to find him to tell him about meeting at the noodle carts, but he was AWOL.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like that his luck really is ultimate - both bad and good. Naegi in the first game had general luck - you won a lottery and you lock was broken, whup-de-doo, that's average level luck. Anyone in the country could have been in that position - Nagito however has luck that is off the scale. Truly, his luck is the be-all-and-(literally here)end-all, the alpha and omega of fortune. Lady Luck is always there for him, which means he's there to be hit with her mood-swings as well.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The impostors really annoying because I like him but can't say why without going into the supplemental material, which is verboten.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

You just know if he'd used a pillow all the jokes would be about boobs.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Also props to Akane for accidentally possibly putting forward the needed clue!

So it was his hard tail?!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He impaled his right hand, the girl hand is his left.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It'll turn out Hajime is actually Spartacus. As is Kuzuryuu. And Souda. And Sonia.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It's probably the translation getting too literal, as japanese has a bunch of words for similar things, like instead of just "that" to describe something somewhere else they have words for "That over there (nearby)", "This in here" "That thing waaaaay over there!" and in Japanese it probably sounds/reads more natural.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

While I enjoyed this part the video shows something I'm not a fan of - Junko is always jiggling when she moves and it's just embarrassing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Oh no... Hedgehog Day.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

*Starts clapping* "I do believe in Hajime! I do. I do!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I enjoyed it too. It was fun.

• Locked thread