Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

As someone who tried to follow the first LP of this game but stopped before the first death even occurred, I gotta say this definitely lives up to my expectations so far. I should have seen Togami's death coming, but I never would have guessed Steve was actually the first killer. As for this case, I think they're gonna lead us towards Peko right now then turn the suspicion onto Sonia once Peko gets out of it (somehow) due to the wetsuit. Although there was definitely an accomplice in all this, as we only know 2 of the 3 non-killer witnesses to the body, and I assume this third person either helped move the body or helped the killer escape out the window. I'm gonna guess that Fuyuhiko and Sonia worked together (Fuyuhiko's sister looked an awful lot like a supposedly European princess), and he's the third witness. Alternatively, Sonia's a ghost who's finishing her revenge for her own murder.

Ibuki's awesome and I hope she survives the whole time. I feel like Chiaki is too competent and too Kirigiri-esque right now, so in order to subvert expectations she is definitely either even crazier than Nagito or on a one-way trip to murdered-town, probably by next case. As for the mole/traitor, I'd say it's either Chiaki or someone no one would expect, like Nekomaru or even Ibuki, though her presence in the twilight game seems to clear her.

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I assume the language Sonia translated that quote from was English in the original version? It always weirds me out when the characters are obviously Japanese but the translation refers to them speaking English.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Hey Hiyoko... where'd you get those skulls from?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Somebody's definitely gonna get murdered with a banjo at Titty Typhoon. I'm gonna guess it involves some sort of weird trick involving the mirror and the lights.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Zoe posted:

Sonia is my favorite character at this point aside from Chiaki, so I really didn't like that 'since she's still alive' line on the last page and hope the hurry to max her friendship out wasn't in advance of anything.

I'm so paranoid about both of them, Chiaki especially. They seem too nice, just like Maizono did in DR1. But at the same time I can totally buy them being just normal good people like Asahina.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Ibuki's looking awfully suspicious right now. Summoned everyone to the cafe, then never explains why. Fuyuhiko then cuts himself, distracting everyone from realizing Akane's not around. I'm gonna guess she pressured Fuyuhiko into it, but I don't have any idea why.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

So my first thought is that it could be Nekomaru since he's been gone for a while and would have had time to make preparations. I'm not sure how he could have rigged the device to show the suicide(?) though.

Edit: Also, Mikan's been acting strange, even more so than usual recently. She did leave Hajime right before he received the transmission, and Nagito's face when we saw him in the morning made it seem like he was desperate and scared when he saw the two of us before telling us in liar speak not to leave. Speaking of Nagito, there was that weird bit with the "Two Ibuki's", although I don't know what the opposite of that would mean. That Ibuki never existed at all?

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 14, 2017

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Zoe posted:

I"m wondering why Hiyoko's killer would even make it so public though when she'd conveniently announced she was going to be isolating herself in her cabin so that no one would consider it unusual to not see her for days. I guess she might have been randomly wandering about in time to witness or be involved with Ibuki's death? but that's a stretch.

I assume it's because they can't actually leave the island without winning the class trial. I would guess they killed Hiyoko shortly after she quarantined herself, then waited a while and set up the fake Ibuki suicide (or actually convinced her to kill herself) and then used the heat trick to confuse the timeline of Hiyoko's death to throw off the trail. This theory might get thrown off by the Monokuma file, although if I recall correctly it does just say the time of death and not the date. As for the Ibuki thing, the killer could have just told her to go gently caress off somewhere and in her state she would. Then the investigation would be focused on a double murder/ people would cast blame on Hajime because he ran off to find them and bring them to the scene. Then everything will be back to square one when Ibuki suddenly shows up alive for the class trial.

Also, Ibuki wandering around last night could have been her returning to bed after filming the transmission that Hajime saw. The killer could have told her to play along with it, and set up that one conference room to look like the music venue. Then in the morning she's told to disappear, the killer rigs up a fake body, draws Hajime to the scene, and then moves Hiyoko's body to the venue.

I eagerly await all of this to be proven very wrong in the next update.

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 15, 2017

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

I agree that the game is really leaning into making Mikan seem guilty, but I'd almost be disappointed if it was that easy. I'm holding out hope that soon there will be some revelation that exonerates her and adds some more drama to this trial.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

So anybody got any ideas for why Nagito is so adamant on stopping the killer this time? Is he just pissed he was incapacitated during the murders?Or maybe he thought he would have been killed had hiyoko not wandered in and triggered the 2 kill limit.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

On top of the starvation and extreme stress, Monobear is also loving with their perception of time. They're being forced to wake up at random times, there are no windows and the only way to tell time is the clocks that Monobear can presumably manipulate at will. Yes there's also Nekomaru's internal clock, but he's probably not the kind of guy to notice or be concerned about something like the clocks changing if no one asks him. It's possible that they are feeling the effects of the starvation more because as far as they know they've been in there for longer than they really have.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Although I'm expecting shenanigans to come up that absolve her, the fact that Mechamaru has a giant loving dent in his head and there's a big ol hammer next to the corpse points to her as the culprit. Everyone's seriously mentally and physically weakened from the starvation, but if anyone could summon the strength to wield the hammer well enough to dent steel its her.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

So... where's Chiaki? She was pretty dang suspicious at the beginning of the chapter, and now she's the only one who wasn't there to jump Nagito even though she was the bait in the first place.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

So uh, are we just gonna ignore the giant gently caress-off bomb sitting on the central island with a running countdown as a possibility here?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Exchanges like this really endear Fuyuhiko, the SHSL Literally From A Criminal Family, to me.

It's endearing stuff like this that almost makes you forget that Fuyuhiko is actually a murderer before even coming to the island who also plotted to kill again like less than 2 weeks ago in-game.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

What is it supposed to be? Arrows?

I think it's supposed to be dripping blood. Makes sense considering how he died.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Chiaki being the traitor isn't surprising to me, but I am very interested in what she means by "created". And the way monomi said her line made it seem like she was almost threatening chiaki for coming so close to directly outing herself.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

I think that the most important thing to take away from this update is:

This is how Chiaki writes.
Forgive me if , but I thought chiaki was intentionally writing as though she was monomi in order to pass it off as monomi's journal. After all if she wrote it like a normal person then the jig would have been up as soon as they found it in Nagito's room. And speaking of which, he was probably able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that chiaki was the traitor when he stole the notebook in the first place.That raises the question, why didn't he just murder her if he wanted the traitor dead so bad?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

...Metal Gear?!

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Talow posted:

Hmm... I'll be honest, I suspect this group is mixed of both the survivors and the remnants instead of fully one or the other.

I bet there's a twist that all the killers were actually part of the non despaired masses and the victims were all the despair remnants.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

So the fact that the virus had to be uploaded manually is bad news for naegi and co. Either there's a traitor in the future foundation or the despair folks have forced their way in. I assume the person who uploaded it is the same person we saw in that weird interlude with liquid nagito on the boat, who was headed to the island after being captured and was going to be forced into the simulation.

e: Ok I went back and read that interlude chapter. The mystery character definitely has the virus on some sort of external drive, and they either received it or took it from junko. They mention having her legacy in their pocket or something like that. If I had to guess I would say that person is that super talent kid that hope's peak was built around who killed a bunch of people. The way they keep saying they were blessed with talent and that the world was boring seems to indicate a superiority and indifference to the world.

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 16, 2018

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

I'm gonna guess the Naegi they're talking with right now isn't the real one, but a plant that the virus brought in to sow more despair. Why else would monokuma be so cool with him showing up? Plus there's the whole thing with naegi having to go through alter ego before.

Also as it stands right now they're basically locked into abstaining forever, right? There's only 5 remaining students, and they need more than 50% of the original 15 to vote to graduate. I think monokuma stacked the deck with fake students (the "main cast" modelled off of the characters from the original game) who will show up, rant at them in order to make them despair then force them into a decision they don't want to make.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Because Naegi can convince them to stay and that seems to be what Monokuma-virus wants.

THAT'S WRONG!!! Have my truth bullet:

The dead people are treated as absences and not counted. So, there only needs to be a majority among the living. They could vote right now, like Kazuichi said. The real problem is what Monokuma says just after: he still has the final say. The only way out is Naegi's third option, which Monokuma doesn't know about, because Naegi hijacked Alter Ego's connection.

That makes sense, I just went off the assumption that "absent" was a category of vote similar to abstaining the same way "graduate" and "repeat" are to yea and nay.

And I think with that flashback and the lack of anyone else's presence it's very likely that Hajime is the one who brought the usb with the virus on it to the island. That scene's dialogue also heavily hints that Hajime(?) is extremely talented and either doesn't know or doesn't remember nagito which throws a wrench into the theory that he was one of the remnants of despair. It's possible that Hajime and the super talent murder man are the same person, but I have no idea why he had the virus yet didn't know Nagito or vice versa.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

What, did they just gently caress up and put the wrong model in for that one line?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Poltergrift posted:

There had better be at least eight of these.

and they didn’t even have the decency to give them new outfits every cycle

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Novel: anything but pure video. I'm a fast reader and that would probably be torture.

Free time: again, anything but pure video. If you do all screenshots I recommend putting them on lpix test pages instead of in the thread directly so pages don't get too image-heavy.

If it's not too much trouble I think the best compromise is to have both the screenshot dump in an lpix link and a video. That way it doesn't flood the thread with pictures and people can choose the style they'd prefer. If you had to do just one though I vote for the video.

As for the novel i agree with the poster above, those text dumps of zero in orenronen's thread quickly lost my attention. I'd say summaries with a link to the script for those interested for the full experience is the way to go.

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 22, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Didn't a load of people get banned specifically because of the danganronpa lp?

From what I remember it became huge amongst the tumblr crowd and whenever it went behind a paywall a bunch of people who had no idea what SA is flooded in for that single thread and either complained or were even more goony than goons which naturally led to a lot of bans. It also featured a lot of people typing “gently caress” because they didn’t know about the word filter. That thread was a loving trip.

• Locked thread