Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like to imagine that Junko is trying her hardest to explain why them shutting down is a bad idea, while Hajime is just drowning her out by yelling Future a lot. Something like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yk7IDVzLiQo

Also, Sonia continues to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

These two fit so well that I have to wonder if Kodaka LARPed these Tweets.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Haifisch posted:

I feel like you can get all the good parts of Despair Girls by just watching youtube videos of the Toko/Sayo interaction scenes. Everything else ranges from mediocre to :yikes:.

Agreed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FPzero posted:

I don't really mind if you talk about UDG spoilers now, though please don't talk about specifics of DR3 or the DR2.5 OVA.

Okay, if anyone really wants to know the major stuff of UDG, here it is:

- Makoto's sister, Komaru, is alive and stuck in a city overrun with Monokumas. Byakuya is sent to help her out, but is captured. Touko then goes to prove that she's worthy of joining the Future Foundation because, y'know, serial killer alternate personality.
- Touko gets character development and Syo (seemingly) decides to stop killing people thanks to Komaru's influence. Touko and Komaru become friends.
- The villains of the game are elementary schoolers who suffered from abuse (physical, mental, sexual, etc.). One of these types of abuse, while said to be terrible, is played for laughs and involves you stripping down the victim of it, who also shows her underwear multiple times.
- Aoi's brother and Chihiro's dad both die for shock. The elementary schoolers seem to die, but all live.
- The main elementary schooler is a pickle-haired girl named Monaka, who is the only one that really seems to be all-in on the despair thing. She is the one who created all of the Monokuma robots in the game and her goal is to turn Komaru into a Junko 2.0 with a sadistic choice. She fails, of course.
- Komaeda is in the game as SHSL/Ultimate Despair with the Children of Hope. He's... not much different in personality, really.
- Izuru makes a brief cameo at the end where he collects the Junko AI from two of the robots involved in Monaka's plan.
- Touko exorcises a ghost at one point. This has nothing major to do with the plot, it's just a think that happens.
- Komaru survives the plot and stay behind in Towa City to help rebuild, with Touko sticking with her. Touko surviving is not really much of a surprise because the end of DR2 outright mentions it.
- Hagakure's mom shows up in a hub city as a character that Touko and Komaru interact with.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 14, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

UDG does not have a killing game in the same vein as DR1 and DR2. Basically, one person related to each of the characters in the original Danganronpa (or animals in the case of Celes and Touko) are taken to Towa City, and the Children of Hope make a game of trying to kill them while also savagely murdering people that already live in the city.

timp posted:

Also, I’ve heard people say DR3 is bad. But does it have a killing game and class trials?

I'm going to try to be as brief as possible to keep with FPZero's spoiler policy, but there are no class trials in DR3.

That's really to its benefit, though, since people were really down on the DR1 anime for trying to fast forward through the content in only 13 episodes.

• Locked thread