Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I just remembered something from my own playthrough. You said we can talk about spoilers from this game so long as it's behind bars, right? (Spoiler for game in general) Could I request that you check the cabins of the most recent deaths at the start of every chapter, both killer and victim? There's some decent dialogue there, and it'd be a shame for the new viewers to not know about it. Also, at the start of the final chapter, check the cabins of everyone who has died.

Since I haven't gotten around to saying it yet, I am also very glad that you are continuing on to this game. I'm mostly excited to see the reactions of people who never saw any further than orenronen's LP, since I bought the game myself when it came to Steam. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of the other posters after that first update did the same! I do hope those of you who are new to the game, or at least the official English release, keep posting throughout the thread. I really enjoyed those posts in FPzero's DR1 LP.

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Well, my intent was that it was a spoiler for the game in general, and that I was asking something of FPzero that shouldn't be checked by anybody who hasn't already played the game, but I see what you're getting at. I'll slap a direct warning on it. Also, I absolutely don't intend on abusing this, this one thing is just something I thought was important to say. I'm mostly just gonna sit back and watch the speculation, and I don't want to do anything to ruin that part of the thread.

If I'd just had PMs, we wouldn't be in this mess! :v:

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 8, 2016

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

FPzero posted:

: Early in the thread I was requested by another user to check the cottages of the recently deceased students. I hope these small scenes are what they were talking about.

Yeah, they are. It's just a little thing, but I think it's nice to see Hajime keep his fallen friends in memory.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

FPzero posted:

: Logic Dive is kind of like a Sonic 2 special stage in execution and control. You're constantly moving downwards around a cylindrical tube. The main difference is that there are holes in the course you have to avoid instead of spike balls. I recommend watching the video to see what the minigame looks like since it's constantly moving.

While not completely off, the much closer comparison is the Knuckle's Chaotix Special Stage, a full 3D tube you can run on the walls in with pits and spikes.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Kuzuryuu and Peko can both go to hell. I mean the Twilight whatever game actually says that Kuzuryuu already got his revenge on the actual killer. He and Peko did work together planning this murder (even if he wanted an excuse to call it off). He had no remorse about that, he didn't care, and yet he actually had the nerve to get angry and try to kill Mahiru for...what? He WAS going to kill her before Peko grabbed the bat out of his hands. So he deserves no sympathy in my eyes.

He would have chickened out of the killing. That's why Peko did it instead, because he wasn't going to get it done. I even took it that the same thing probably happened during the Twilight Syndrome events, that Fuyuhiko caught Girl E, but couldn't bring himself to finish the job, so Peko did it for him again (well, the first time, but you know what I mean). I mean, that second part is just speculation, but the only reason I see for Peko to take the bat right out of Fuyuhiko's hands and kill Mahiru herself is that Fuyuhiko wasn't going to start swinging any time soon.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
RIP Mechamaru, taken from us too soon.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Suddenly controlling Nagito and seeing his thoughts here is a pretty great moment, it really caught me off guard when I was playing.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I forgot that Nagito even tries to hijack the Closing Argument for this case. Such a great character. :allears:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

amigolupus posted:

This explanation still feels like complete bullshit to me. Even if we believed Gundham's story how Mechamaru accepted his challenge for a fight to the death, it still boils down to two guys trying to murder one another. This is still two people agreeing to kill each other out of desperation and they're just playing right into Monokuma's hands. If we wanted self-sacrifice, one of them should've said they planned to sacrifice themselves by committing suicide to the other person and given them a note to push the others forward. Hell, if they really wanted to go out with a bang, they should've just used the explosives and rocket launcher found in the Octagon to blow/punch down the walls and free everyone.

Also, the murder method used on Mechamaru feels too cruel to be associated with the concept of self-sacrifice. Dude was strung up on a high place and fell to his death. It's an ugly way to go, and Mechamaru didn't deserve that.

I like Gundham and I think his social link scenes here are good, but the end of the trial and his motivations feels so weird to me.

You think Monokuma would let them leave the Funhouse if the case was just a suicide? You think someone could risk their life in Russian Roulette and not go through with a murder plan afterward? You think there wouldn't be contingencies in the event of someone destroying the walls? Actually, there's something I just thought of on that part. The explosives and rocket launcher were found in the Octagon, so they were meant to be used in the Funhouse. The walls are likely too sturdy for anything you could acquire in the Octagon, and surely Monokuma wouldn't provide any potential murderers with something that could help everyone escape given the right application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
...yup, I still cried. It seems I can't not cry during this post-trial and execution.

• Locked thread