Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Welp, our narrator is hella unreliable

FPzero posted:

: If this feels like a game, that's rather comforting. That means we aren't going to be in danger right away.

Our previous protagonist on the other hand seems to know exactly how screwed we all are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Thesaya posted:

I am very happy you are doing this game too. Don't really have speculation yet, that will probably come once the plot gets going a bit more. Except, for the setting, it seems that the first classroom was a film set, or if not, there is drugs or magic involved. I really hope it's not magic, that would really mess with what is possible and not and for this game, I don't feel that would be very fun.

I'm personally hoping for our protagonist having a fragile, shattered psyche.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

This is like a symbol for the island!

Is a statue depicting animals locked in a desperate life and death struggle to be on top.

This bodes great for these kids! This is going to be a super fun trip!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Qrr posted:

When I read Mikan's dialogue, "sweet and innocent" is really not what leaps to mind. "Deeply insecure" is quite a bit higher up there.

Broken and abused was more of the vibe I got. She's got a weird fixation with asking you if she needs to take her clothes off while at the same time having anxious/scared sprites everywhere. I could be reading to much into it, but at the same time that kind of victim wouldn't exactly break the tone of the game so they might go that way.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

And here I was thinking yakuza guy had eaten it off screen for several updates now.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rest in peace you corpulent bully. You were my favorite last game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Other thoughts:
1 spy down, probably 2 to go.
Yakuza is the only one capable of being in the bathroom during the party, everyone else is accounted for.
Sword chick is still missing, we might be opening on a double murder

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

She was around at the start of the party when the bathroom was already occupied

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

That looks to be the case. The question is were they byakayu's or his killer's?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Not with the mysteriously locked bathroom. It could have been anyone in there.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I dont think the note in Byakayu's cabin was from the murderer. He knew too much about what was going on and was determined to prevent monokuma from winning. It's almost certain he was one of the double agents in play(assuming monokuma still requires control?) and I'd wager the warning note was from a pink bunny friend side of the fence rather than the killer.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Huh, so our protagonist is backpedaling to,
"Someone in this room killed Byakuya... There's no way I can believe that yet..."

I guess the kid is a little more optimistic than he's lead us to believe after all.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

probably knowing that it would be enough for a blackout and being able to trigger it on a whim.
The whim we can explain with the lamp. The former makes things look not so good for not makoto

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Nagito, you save the breakdown for after you get caught. In any case all the makoto similarities seem to be a solid false flag at this point given that I really can't see the ultimate hope telling everyone to just give up and die like that.

Unless this is a super huge red herring it looks like they just clear cut flagged our killer at least.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh good, Nagito was a big old red herring. This is MUCH more interesting than him as the killer.
The crazy suicidal guy that just wants whats best for everyone(Even if they have to die to get it) is rather fun at this point.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Narsham posted:

I think this may have been brought up last time through this trial, but I still wonder: what was Nagito's actual plan once he had the knife?

He's under a table in a dark room filled with his fellow students holding a glowing knife. How is he going to find and stab one of the others, and if he successfully manages that, how does he avoid being accused at the trial? If he has enough light to see another student and kill them, all the other students have enough light to see him.

He's a crazy suicidal maniac bent on giving the others hope at any cost, even everyone's life. Getting himself killed in a foiled murder attempt would produce the simultaneous hope and despair he's looking for.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Look man, we need some reason to use the information that you can't get under from outside :colbert:

Also, it looks like our winner tonight is going to be Steve! By his own admission he was routinely patrolling that hallway to serve the food and thus its unlikely that anyone sneaked past him into the storage unit. Plus the path from the storage room to the kitchen conveniently puts him rushing to the murder scene from the correct direction he claims to have come from.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

FPzero posted:

Even though I really don't want to condemn that person but...there's no other way, right?

I think you're the only one mate.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The real question is why did he do it? So far his breakdown has neglected that bit, and he doesn't seem to have any special motives other than wanting off the island like everyone else.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Im hoping for that he IS Makoto and the world outside was just that hosed up that he turned into that broken shell of a kid

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

FPzero posted:

: ...

...Wash each other?

: ...

I-I see... Washing each other, huh...?

: This is actually the trigger for another bonus scene if you have the proper present. I'll come back to it eventually.

No, it's ok. You really don't have to do that for us.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

There is always the option of just smashing the thing

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Tombot posted:

Its possible that the game continued from a previous save point after some other student played to that point and stopped for some reason, though I don't see much indication of that. Its also possible this game is significant to one or more of the students in a way we can't predict, which could also potentially be cause for a murder. Like most mysteries this will probably make more sense in retrospect.

I mean, Its got a pretty clear message of I'm going to kill you for your previous sins in a murder. So if anyone in the group was involved in a previous murder it could make them want to get the hell outa here.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Peko's looking most likely to me - her being wet points to the water bottles where Sonia's wetsuit doesn't

Yeah, but the wet suits were in the closet. Unless she grabbed it well in advance, she was at the crime scene to get it.
That said, I'm still leaning toward peko.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Welp, that sure was a thing that just happened

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

At the very least I'm hoping that someone can point out to peko that dude you just tried to murder everyone here through the trial, justice my rear end. You know, with a bit more detail than crying out to kill her NOW

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

He could also do a double execution, just cause, as an option.
I hope not, I like angry, wanna be gangster boy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Huh, I was honestly expecting another sparring session

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Mikan is awful. Really, really awful.

and also probably evidence that the disease is contagious given her confidence in speech and actions now.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

give head or get dead posted:

:unsmith:

Yeah ibuki is my favourite character too.

Was

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Awww he likes our protagonist.

Which might not be such a great thing for our hero.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh drat, do we have a double murder? Or is the hanging a flat fakeout?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I wouldnt put it past the writers to make at least one of his wildly outlandish lies partially and even possibly mostly correct with a few details wrong.

I mean they did make the idiot savant fortune teller last game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Well if there was any doubt the initial broadcast was staged the lack of blood everywhere removes it. Especially since ibuki had blood on her shoes and thus had to have died 2nd. Fuyuhiko is being a tad dense here, not that that's particularly new for him.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Candle is another piece of evidence of projecting a false sense of timing with the video, it means it was done when light from the studio would have drawn attention. Only reason to be secretive while doing it while also broadcasting it is that the public broadcast is a sham and the secrecy occurred earlier.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Zoe posted:

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing the most useful thing to come out of this will be the time stamp on the tickets. The disease itself is still a much greater motivation than the movie.

Our boy Hajime is just not coming off too bright in this investigation so far, with bodies being moved and time of death shenanigans just flat out not occurring to him despite all the hints. Looks like Chiaki and Nagito will have to keep picking up the slack.

If we're going by the assumption Ibuki's body in the recording was fake, however...wouldn't that limit the killer to characters with similar body types?

Why would it be fake? Its not like it would have been hard to pre record and tell her not to tell anyone. We did run into her in the hallways at weird hours after all.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Sounds like we need an expert opinion. Someone get Wright in here!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Also, if they convinved ibuki to kill it could make everyone lynch the wrong murderer.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Zoe posted:

Whoever the killer turns out to be, I'm already assuming the amount of time they had to do all this is going to be as hard to swallow from a realism standpoint as how elaborate it all was in the first place, so I'm not putting too much stock in working it out by looking at who had time for what.

What I'm more curious about right now it's what's going on with Nekomaru, or if that's just a red herring.

I would assume the bear is too much of a dick to turn over a list of who bought the bags, because that would be the simplest and most straightforward way to solve this in a real situation.

Im kind of hoping nekomaru is the killer for the absurdity of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

Sure, but only if you go ahead and do it in the same post where you ask the question, without actually waiting for a response.

Oh good, hes covered then. Thank goodness for rhetorical questions!

• Locked thread