Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I had that idea too, but then... that can't be because the hallway to get to the tower is on the opposite side for each house. If the elevator is indeed vertical, and the tower is the same, then it and the hallways have to be on the same side for both houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Mikl posted:

Both "back doors" are fake. The room doesn't rotate, it's an elevator that moves up and down; also strawberry house and grape house are on top of each other (with strawberry on top, probably), and the contact elevator rotates 180° to give the illusion that they aren't.

Give me five sec as I fire up photoshop.

e. like this, probably:

Grape house is below strawberry house.

So the chain is still there, on the fake strawberry house door, only since the room has moved up the chain's not visible anymore.

amigolupus posted:

This theory is slowly making more sense to me, but my main problem here is the contact elevator. Let's say we came from Grape House and used the contact elevator, if it does rotate 180° then shouldn't it stop north of the Final Dead Room and be facing outside?

Well... it feels a little complicated, but it could be that the elevator is traveling up the house in a bit of a spiral?

So say for instance when you go into the elevator in grape house and face the door, south is at your back and you're looking north. The elevator moves on a track that wraps around the outside of the building as it ascends to the strawberry level, and when you arrive, you are now facing south as you exit.

Not sure if I explained that all too well, might do an mspaint mockup when I get home.

EDIT: So like this basically

I cut off the strawberry hallway, but it is in fact slightly longer than the grape hallway to line up exactly with the tower.

From looking at the octagon's layout, it appears to be a rectangle surrounded by a hexagon, which fits my hasty cut and paste job. From the outside, the entire building is probably a big hexagonal tower.
In the far view below, you can also see that the right side wall is closer than the left side, so that's the hallway.

I went back to look at the tour of Grape house to see if there was a sneaky ceiling hatch somewhere, but you can't even see the ceiling, so nah. I assume the hatch drops down into the Monokuma archives.

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Sep 25, 2017

• Locked thread