Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
So it's pretty obvious that the irons and AC together turning on at the same time tripped the circuit breaker.

My money is on Kazuchi right now- he'd have the know-how to rig up something like that, and he's been the most tweaked by this whole thing, probably enough to snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
My bet is that Byakuya planted the knife himself. He wanted an emergency weapon or he was attempting to carry out a murder himself. We remember how big an rear end in a top hat he was in the first game, right? Constantly under suspicion for being so actively opposed to even the idea of teamwork? I think it's shortsighted to assume that his heart was pure and he was trying to keep everyone safe. He very well could have been attempting to control the situation such that he would have an opportunity to commit a murder and manufacture sufficient evidence to get himself free.

So the unexpected blackout happens, Byakuya puts on the night vision goggles and goes for his knife, and while he's in the process, gets shanked from below by someone with a meat skewer. Peko being a swordswoman makes sense that she'd use a similar weapon, but I really hope it's not her because a) I'm a fan of no-nonsense, relatively serious women in plots like this and b) come on, she's basically the Persona 4 MC when he was in the drag show, how is that not awesome?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

If your one Talent is "dance well in a simple costume", then shouldn't you at least be able to put on the costume? Now I admit that I haven't mastered a lot of knots, but if it was my job to tie things up, I'd probably make an effort to learn a few.

A kimono is the complete opposite of simple. When I was teaching in Japan, one of my students was an older woman who was literally taking a class on how to properly put one on so that she could wear it for her daughter's wedding.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
drat, it's either Peko or Sonia. The "should have been covered in blood" line is the key. I'm really hoping that Sonia turns out to be a crazy serial killer, because Peko is my favorite so far.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So many of these students are just the worst.

Why? Peko seems to be just incredibly dull.

That's kinda why, honestly. In this saga of incredibly over-the-top personalities and assholes, it's nice to have someone who isn't completely bugfuck crazy.

Edit: Plus, she looks exactly like what a female version of the Persona 4 Main Character would be, and that's worth something.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
And now I don't feel so bad that she'll be leaving us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
So it's pretty clear that the killer had Ibuki kill Hiyoko, then hang herself. Hiyoko must have been in the venue because she was using the mirror to tie her kimono, which is why it was front-facing.

And the pile of debris totally matches the tin man.

• Locked thread