Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Eh, sure why not. I threw in who I thought will live and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Thesaya, Talow, Serpentis, you've partially filled out the pool, but are still missing an entry or two to complete your guesses!

Wait what? Whoops, I'll go fix that.

Edit: There we go.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

It almost looks like Byakuya got stabbed under the table, instead of anyone moving him around after he died.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Rarity posted:

I don't care who the killer is. I just want to know why they didn't kill Steve instead :colbert:

Unfortunately, Togami did give his word that he'd protect everyone to the best of his ability. That unfortunately included Steve.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Kinda surprising how no one is really screaming "I am the killer, it was me" in this first trial, compared to first game. I was half expecting that to go up in flames once the trial started, but it's still pretty ambiguous as to who done it.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

I think they took to heart the complaint of how relatively easy it was to guess the murderer in DR1's cases which ends up making everyone else into morons

Well, I'm glad they did. Makes trying to guess who did it more fun.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Double Punctuation posted:

The knife was never meant to be a murder weapon. We know the weapon was a skewer from the autopsy report and the kitchen equipment manifest. The murderer wouldn't go for the knife if they already had the skewer.

Others might have though, if they spotted the glowing paint that was on the knife and tape.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Truthkeeper posted:

I thought about that, but I decided it wasn't likely, because the knife was taped to the underside of the table. Nightvision goggles let you see in the dark, but they don't let you see through tables.

Honestly, what I suspect happened in the room was someone else noticed the glowing paint and started to duck under the table to investigate, and Byakuya saw that and intervened to investigate for himself.

Seems like the plan was to just murder whoever happened to investigate the knife, but I still don't know who did it from there.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

The new minigame looks pretty interesting.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, good luck with your schooling.

I do wonder what Nekomaru's thinking that he would argue against the irons.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Buried alive posted:

The A/C timer hasn't been brought up yet. He's probably going to argue that it would be impossible to to turn on the irons in the storage room and then navigate to the dining hall in the dark. Either that or basically everyone was accounted for at the moment the blackout occurred. Since everyone has an alibi, there's no way anyone slipped away (or in) to the turn the irons on.

Still shooting straight for !Makoto as the killer. Helping with the irons is just his way of covering himself and throwing us off the trail.

Oh, right, good point. Still think !Makoto is innocent, but good point.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Malah posted:

PREACH, HAJIME. Seriously, what the gently caress is Nagito's damage?

It's totally irrelevant at this point whether he's the killer; he's actively trying to kill everyone, anyway. It's actually even more messed up if he's not! At least the killer is acting out of self-preservation - or at least some kind of self-interest - but Nagito is so high on huffing hope that he would rather kill everybody and himself than deal with the reality that one of his "friends" killed Byakuya. It's kind of disgusting how insidious he is here: he's trying to convince everyone to effectively commit mass suicide, and he's kind of getting away with it because he's doing it with a smile and nice words. Junko would have had so much fun with him.

Come to think of it ... for a guy who fronts hope streaming out of every orifice, he's rather eager to give up and die. Nagito's a more captivating mystery than the killer is at this point.

Yeah what the hell. Nagito, seems pretty despaired right now instead of hop...eful....

You know... I wonder if Nagito is actively trying to get everyone to despair... but why.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

What the hell actually HAPPENED to Nagito to get something so twisted.... Hope mixed with despair? What the hell. Just... what.

Oh... Why do I feel like I'm starting to see some missing pieces. And I don't like what the picture that starting to form is.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

One of the things I love most about this game is they throw you right into endgame-level crazytown right from Chapter 1.

Yeah. I was not expecting Nagito to be as crazy as Junko was.And this is chapter 1. Oh dear. :magical:

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

It was Byakuya, in the dining room, with the candlestick. wait gently caress this isn't clue.

Anyway, guess the question is who was under the building with the skewer.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Good bye Steve, and good riddance.

Honestly wasn't expecting him to be a killer, but rather, a victim, but this works too.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I would have posted this the other day, but I was hoping at least one other person would reply.

I'd forgotten that the game actually points out "Gee, isn't this similar to Hope's Peak Academy?" And it really does look similar. However, there is a difference. The door on the inside from DR 1 is different. This vault door has a little tongue thing instead of appearing to open along one vertical line. But maybe that's not important.

My crazy, totally off-the-wall theory is that the students from the first game are inside that building. Togami, Naegi, Aoi, Kirigiri, all of them. No windows in the school. We never saw what was beyond the door.

Thank you for the mental image of the two Togamis meeting and wondering why the other look the way they do.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

What.. the... what the hell. Just... What the hell.

I was not expecting Peko to be bat poo poo insane.... Though I did get a laugh when monokuma was sleeping because he's "seen this before"

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, is there still more to the trial or is that the legit ending? I'm sure do to that last picture and line.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Hmm... I honestly hope that Liar's Disease is a truth bullet at least, since at the moment, Nagito is still saying everything the opposite of what he want to say.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Hmm... I'm not the only one who feels like Nagito is being strangely helpful now, right?

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, he could be playing the group, but he seemed pissed during the investigation about how/why the murderer done it. I think the twist is that hes on the level here.

True. Course, considering murders aren't going to piss him off by themselves, considering the first two trials.... It's like Nagito thinks the motive was Despair instead of Hope this time or something.

That's the only reason I can think of if he is on the level. Or the comedy option that Nagito really hated the movie and didn't want to be reminded of it.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Yep, Mikan snapped from despair. That explains why Nagito was being strangely helpful.

Though the image of Mikan saying Norfair repeatly was funny, so thank you for that FPzero.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'll be honest, the second I saw it was Russian Roulette, I figured Nagito would make it as hard as reasonably possible.

Should be interesting to see what the profiles reveal.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Sorry Gunhdam, but you're guilty. You've all but admitted it with your latest argument.

I'll be honest, when Nagito started doing the Closing Argument, I thought it was going to bring up the closing argument screen with Nagito in control.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Seems far more likely he just happened to find enough live munitions from the military island to work this out. Or hell, he could be pulling the ultimate bluff on everyone involved and only had enough for this.... demonstration I guess.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Honestly, I'm torn between wither Nagito's final motive was "Spite the traitor" or "Spite everyone unless they solve all the crazy batshit insane stuff he did in advance."

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Nagito you're loving nuts. Even more so then usual.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'm getting this weirdest sense of deja vu. Oh well, guess I'll just try to guess the survivors or something.

Hajime clearly survives, because protagonist privilege.

And... The rest of the cast hasn't been introduced yet, have they. Welp.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Hmm... I'll be honest, I suspect this group is mixed of both the survivors and the remnants instead of fully one or the other.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

God loving damnit. No, Future Foundation didn't do the killing school trip, Monokuma started that clusterfuck. In fact, if the Future Foundation had any actual say in the matter, I'm 100% sure you wouldn't be in this virtual world.

Weither they'd left you dead or alive...well, that depends on which group we're dealing with.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I'll be honest, it never crossed my mind that the two groups could be one and the same. also, hi Makoto... wait, what's going on with you?

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Nothing

Because of few reasons. but repeating will just make this charade go on longer, and I have a few feelings as to how graduating will turn out at this stage, and none of those outcomes are good. Even assuming she's telling the truth.

I am hoping Makoto proper shows up in the trial later though. I'm sure he can answer some questions I still have. Like for instance, which insane maniac decided to upload alter-ego Junko Enoshima to this program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I think I agree with the line of shoot "Eternal game utopia" with "Not part of the game."

• Locked thread