Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, hopefully the next murderer knows better than to try and use their Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Super High School level skill next time.

Also, is Akane supposed to be a gymnast? With how much she likes fighting you'd think she'd be in some kind of Martial art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

She is a naturally talented gymnast, not a naturally talented fighter. She just likes fighting instead of doing what she is talented at.

Okay, I can buy that explanation. With Nekomaru Nidai the 'Team Manager' I wouldn't be surprised if something was just lost in translation. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

Japan does have a huge issue of bullying, and a tendency to not socially want to stand out, but it's also a thing in the west - Bystander effect is a hell of a thing, but still it does leave a sour taste not even Maharu who puts herself out as the moral and most go-get 'em out of the lot says absolutely nothing to make Hiyoko stop.

Well yeah, she wasn't a guy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

Monobear only made one of those Monomi bags, right?

I think it was a prize if you watched a terrible movie?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's weird how everyone keeps standing in the same spot every trial. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: *Sigh*...That doesn't make me happen at all. It just fills me with despair. You guys accepted my past self, but not my present self...

happy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: I wonder what that means... It's funny, it's spelled just like the word, "open"!

Did this game just seriously pull a Finding Nemo reference

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Gundham was in a Deluxe room, so how did he get awakened by the alarm?

Sentry Devas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mecha_Face posted:

I find him incredibly irritating either way. I really can’t stand characters that look down on others, especially for superficial reasons.

Boy are you going to be happy when he gets trampled to death by an avalanche of hippos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Why would Nagito get trampled to death by hippos?

Hoo boy, if you're questioning things here, now, even after a character came back as a robot you're gonna be really confused when Galactus shows up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if Gundham's guilty or him and the 4 Dark Devas of Destruction also get executed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: I...think you're pretty awesome, y'know. When it comes to me and the others, at least we know where our confidence is coming from. But you... That part of you is missing... But despite that, you don't let it get to you. You've kept a cool head throughout all this so far.
: ...You're giving me way too much credit. I'm just trying to endure everything the best I can.
: That's what I'm talking about. It's amazing enough that you're even able to endure all this.

: I guess this Free Time is really meant to be viewed before the revelations about Hajime's lack of an Ultimate ability. Oh well it's not really a big deal

I dunno, considering that line, I think it works both ways. Everyone knows what sets them apart from most people because they know their ultimate abilities. But Hajime doesn't have one/know his and he's still keeping it together pretty well despite that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

I don't know why I'm so suspicious of Chiaki but she just managed to "perfectly exonerate" herself. Like, what if she figured this was all just social engineering from Nagito and the traitor was supposed to confess when their handbook didn't work?

Chiaki being a Terminator would be such a non-surprise, considering how permanently laid back she is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoe posted:

:lol: This is exactly what I was thinking. Did any of those geniuses think of opening one and smelling it first?

Mostly because I've never heard of 'fire grenades' but those sure do look like they could be bottles of lighter fluid with the label removed. 'Huh, the fire seems to be intensifying?" :confused:

Neither have I but fire guns are a thing so that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch at this point.

https://media.giphy.com/media/o7IMFoWQXUXcY/giphy.gif

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Fire guns? Pfft. Have some fire tanks!

Can't believe all of these were invented just to combat the California wildfire.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Sonia is amazing.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Sonia is objectively the best girl. Sorry Ibuki.

I hope she didn't kill Nagito and isn't the traitor too. She's been nothing but great this entire game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoe posted:

I still don't think the 'traitor' is necessarily the bad guy here.

That engraved message that had the password to the school said something like 'for my subjects' which sounds like something royalty would say. Although I still think the strongest case can be made for Chiaki being the plant.

I hope Souda was the killer because I'm OK with him dying and can't say that about anyone else.

Even if the traitor isn't a bad person, there's still a pretty good chance Souda might panic and try to kill them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rannum posted:

I love any time the artist has to draw someone reading a book because it is always just a little off
Hinata & Chiaki reading it isn't quite as awkward as Naegi reading a notebook 5 feet away from him, but its close

The book looking like it's a 3D model doesn't help things either.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I have to say that Akane's "front tail" running gag is so terrible that it wrapped around to being funny after the third time. Although I don't really want to laugh at it because a lot of Akane's dialogue implies a really warped and hosed-up home life. And that's as much as I'll say on that.

It makes me want to see her free time events more, because she's being such a weirdo right now. It's still fine to a degree though, because Nagito's really violently dead in a way that'd only compare to Nekomaru if he wasn't a cyborg at the time. But all the same I wanna know what her deal is so we can finally answer 'why are you...like this?'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoe posted:

Quick, which of the characters we've seen would be the most likely to have an evil(er) twin?

Definitely Akane.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fedule posted:

ゴゴゴゴ
ゴゴゴゴ
ゴゴゴゴ

Man, FP, I thought you were kidding.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Obviously, the traitor is Alvin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

curiousCat posted:

do you hate fun or just this game

This series plays too fast and loose with its rules to be enjoyable. It's like comic book rules or something :v:

Who What Now posted:

Whelp. I knew it wasn't Souda!

I know! I can't believe it was Mahiru all along.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mateo360 posted:

Right in Chapter 3 Deadly Life Part 2

Sounds like he wants both people revealed, mastermind and accomplice.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fedule posted:

Fun fact: Kaz Kodaka, Kotaro Uchikoshi and Yoko Taro are all, as far as I'm aware, not (publicly known to be) doing anything at the moment... Can you imagine?

Get the guy who made Ghost Trick puzzles and I'm in.

Also wow, virtual world and everyone else doesn't think they're dead. That's novel.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

I mean...if this is really true... Then...what's happening in the outside world? My family, my friends, the convenience store I frequent, the nearby bookstore, my favorite restaurant...[/i]

You forgot an [i] there.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Yup, still confused. Why does this poo poo always have to suddenly get overcomplicated? :psyduck: so many great Japanese games totally lose me near the end.

:same: To this day I still don't know the plot of FFT.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shwqa posted:

Huh a reserve student who could resist ulimate despair... You could say that person would need the ultimate hope to do that.

Or the Ultimate balance I guess. Neither hope or despair ever managing to effect them in one direction or the other.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Wait, so Hajime was the mystery person in that flashback with Nagito? ...I suppose being a reserve course student would have made him a nobody, in the sense that he lacked a particularly special talent.

This simulation is falling apart real hard so I wouldn't be surprised if Nagito was there or he's seeing something that someone else saw.

Just wait for the game to suddenly turn into an RTS.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

The weird way they keep going back and forth about the word 'chumps' makes me feel a weird translation choice was made there.

It's very infuriating to have some dead evil teen insulting you.

Like, who does she think she's been programmed to be to take that kind of tone!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh god, how long has Hajime been in here?

Lol at taking anything Junko says at face value.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm ready for the story to move forward now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Gyaha...gyahahahahaha... Man, this is absolute despair... I feel despair upon despair and despair toward despair yet again... How fun.

: Once you've experienced the despair I've suffered, there's no turning back.

: Living in the shadows of past memories... That's...too sad, you know...

: Ah, but I guess...I no longer...I no longer have to...hope for despair...

: That...is...just...so...hope...l...e...s...s...

Looking forward to the game where you time travel back to whatever made Junko so messed up and prevent it from happening and save the future for generations to come.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheDavies posted:

Junko is the way that she is as a result of her Talent. The only way to prevent her from becoming what she is, is to prevent her from developing that Talent ... so basically you'd have to lobotomize her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dcmLscf3g

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

I actually kinda liked Despair Girls. I mean, it also existed to hurt you for the majority of its time, and it was nearly entirely ancillary, but I love Toko/Sayo, and she really shines in that game. The game play was boring at best and the game was really, really uncomfortable in large quantities, but I dunno, I feel like the relationship between Komaru and Toko was fun. DR3... not so much. I guess it has pay off, but good poo poo. Half of that series is just hard to watch emotionally, and half of it is just hard to watch because it's entirely pointless edginess.

Yoko Taro's Dispair Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The level of effort you wanted to bring to the end of this LP before you burnt out is still admirable on its own too. Great work, enjoy your freedom.

• Locked thread