Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Been waiting for this one. The first game was good, but this one just blows it out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

This game was super addicting, especially once I got past where oren's LP left off. It was a blast figuring out the mysteries blind. It's a different experience playing it yourself. Highly recommended to anyone with any interest; it's on Steam for Mac and PC.

Its also on Vita, and coming out for PS4 early next year alongside the first game. Here's the trailer for that. (Just keep in mind, though it IS Polsy'd, it's a trailer for a murder mystery; there's spoilers if you know where to look.)

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

"A Magical Girl Rabbit takes 16 kids to an island for a class assignment."

....Only in Dangan Ronpa 2 does that statement make any sense.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Gundham and Ibuki are both pretty cool. Neither one is The Best Character (that's still coming), but they're both awesome nonetheless.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Fuyuhiko is such a little poo poo. Kinda like Byakuya was for most of the first game, really.

His character development later makes him my favorite DR guy of them all. It's so good.

Nekomaru's got his moments, but Mahiru.... ehh. None of these people are The Best Character though.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Junpei posted:

Chiaki... So... Cute... And... My... Type...
Can't... Stop... Must... Cuddle...

Um.... well for what it's worth, I agree with at least most of the sentiment: Chiaki is The Best Character. The reasons why will present themselves over the course of the LP, but... yeah, she's The Best Character.

Peko's cool, Sonia's probably the most normal person here IMO, Teruteru is creepy.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Akane's okay and Byakuya.... man all I can think is "You let yourself go, holy crap."

Hiyoko? Bitch.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Well, the good silliness was fun while it lasted. Monokuma is always bad news, after all.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

My suggestion would be, if you want to do thread participation, then at the start of each chapter, say how many free time events we'll get and who all is unavailable, then allow voting for who to go with for each event. So lets just say as an example...

"Chapter 1: 3 Free Times, Peko won't hang out with us." followed by...

"1: Fuyuhiko
2: Chiaki
3: Chiaki"

as votes for Fuyuhiko, then Chiaki twice. That's just my suggestion.

(though, since you mentioned being at free times.... (actual DR2 spoiler) Make sure to force one for Nagito so that his are even available at all later if you weren't already gonna. Alternatively just do Chapter 1's by your choice and then do voting for the rest. )

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Huh, that contest seems like a good idea. Shame I already know the answers. (Wouldn't have minded that potential avvy change lol)

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Getting to watch two of my friends play these games blind, and reaching this part was golden. Both of them were pretty much "What the poo poo!!!!" and one of them took the comparisons between Nagito and Makoto to an extreme; from the reveal on he was calling Nagito "Nega-koto" from start to finish, it was great.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

"Meat on the bone." That one was a little tricky first time through, because by that point you pretty much know the bone is the skewer, but there's a couple different ways those four words could combine ("Bone on the meat", "On the meat bone") that'd be technically accurate. In fact it's a minor meme in the DR fanbase that when it comes up, pretty much every variant of those four words noted.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

1234567890num posted:

I dont't think Monokuma pet can die from having too much despair.

This is correct. It's a trait unique to Monokuma.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

This moment was one of the best, really.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Ah, here we are. This moment, right here, is what makes me simultaneously love and outright despise 2-5.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

It makes me wonder, what happens if you don't vote for Chiaki? In theory, so long as everyone else still voted for her she would still be considered the proper guilty party right? So what happens if you don't vote for her? Does it act like everyone else ended up not being able to do it as well, or...

Hajime just goes "..." and you take damage. You have no choice. Just the icing on top of the sundae that is the ENTIRE "I love and hate 2-5 at the same time."

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

People often wonder why there was about a month where I couldn't bring myself to play Space Invaders, Pac-Man or Tetris at all. This is the reason why.

(Why yes, Chiaki may very well be my favorite character in the series, what gave that away lol?)

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

suddenly cats posted:

I feel like we have to make a bullet out of "not part of the game" and then use it on "eternal game utopia". It would make sense to stop the loop by reminding Hajime that most of these people are gone, right?

Yeah, this sounds like a plan... Let's try this.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

The Hajime/Chiaki heart to heart is legit my favorite scene in this game, if not the entire series. It's just so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

Just as a reminder, DRV3 isn't the sequel/ending to this. DR3, the double anime series and the ending special, Super Danganronpa 2.5, are.

Though also as a reminder, they exist purely to crush your affection into tiny pieces and hurt you for the majority of their runs, so maybe don't rush to watch them for closure.

That reminder is so much truth. To elaborate on the why would of course be spoilers, just know that the reminder should definitely be heeded.

• Locked thread