Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Good to see this game getting a full LP after all this time.

FPzero posted:

Many-Sided Dice Set: A full set of dice consisting of a d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and a d20. Created to celebrate the 30 year anniversary of the world-famous tabletop RPG: Mazes and Monsters.

: Mazes and Monsters is a far-out game. Swords, poison... spells... battles, maiming, killing...
: Hey, it's all imagination!
: ...Is it?

Edit: Aw poo poo, update. Poor Mechamaru was too cool to live after all.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

I should try replaying the first game sometime. I just finished V3, so I have to occupy myself until someone makes an LP of that one and I can talk about it ITT.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

resurgam40 posted:

Muppets Muppets Muppets Muppets Muppets

The only Muppets media I saw as a kid was Muppets in Space. I laughed so hard that the ushers had to ask me to stop.

Feel free to pick those weapons up again.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

resurgam40 posted:

What were we talking about, anyway? Oh, yes, Dangan Ronpa! Yes, Monokuma is the biggest jerk, Poor Chiaki, and I still don't want to say anything other than that lest I give the game away for other people.

I've been keeping silent in this thread for much the same reason, and also because I'm antsy to watch people's reactions to V3 when that LP starts.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is someone going to do a let's watch of the anime in between? I thought it picked up directly after 2.

Yeah, the anime is a direct sequel to 2 (and prequel to 1 and 2), but I'm almost positive that you don't need to watch it to play V3.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

That term makes me think of whoever's pulling Monokuma's strings, not a murderer in an individual case.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 28, 2018

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Ooh, I forgot about this part!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

BlazeEmblem posted:

For the record, the Ultimate Programmer is Chihiro Fujisaki from the first game, the Ultimate Neurologist is Yasuke Matsuda from Dangan Ronpa Zero, and the Ultimate Therapist had not been revealed at the time of this game's release. It's possible that the three mentioned were different people with the same Ultimate titles, but it's unlikely.

Chihiro became more powerful than we could possibly imagine after Mondo struck him down.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

While V3 is my favorite game in the series and I encourage people to play it, I hope that when someone finally gets around to an LP, some goons will be able to react and speculate in the thread.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

You forgot the part where they flashback to two seconds ago when they first brought up the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWn0FHImVFU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

So there are some things about this ending that I forgot... for good reason... but I'm glad I get to see Junko again. I think I like her better here than in the first game's finale.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Haircuts are boring, apparently.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Hey, you guys ever get the feeling of dj vu?

Eh, probably nothing.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

H̶e̵y̴,̴ ̷d̴o̸ ̷y̸o̸u̴ ̴g̴u̸y̸s̷ ̴e̶v̸e̶r̶ ̵g̷e̴t̴ ̷t̷h̶e̸ ̷f̷e̴e̵l̷i̸n̴g̴ ̶o̵f̷ ̶d̴̶j̵̵ ̶v̴u̴?̵ ̷E̸h̶,̶ ̸p̴r̵o̸b̷a̵b̸l̵y̷ ̶n̴o̵t̵h̷i̸n̸g̵.̷ ̷T̷o̴ ̶s̴o̶l̵v̴e̷ ̵y̷o̴u̴r̷ ̵p̶r̵o̸b̷l̶e̸m̵,̷ ̵m̸a̵k̸e̶ ̸H̸a̷j̸i̴m̴e̸ ̷h̸o̴l̷d̶ ̶d̴o̴w̶n̴ ̴t̶h̶e̶ ̵t̴r̵i̶a̴n̸g̵l̶e̸ ̸b̶u̸t̶t̵o̴n̴ ̴a̸n̴d̴d̵d̷d̵d̶d̵d̸d̷d̴d̷d̸d̶d̵d̵d̷

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Those lip flaps on Chiaki are unfortunate, but yeah! Super Hajime God Super Hajime is go!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

https://twitter.com/drilganronpa/st...130942308347905

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Bifauxnen posted:

not exactly, without spoiling anything it's best to just say "it's about Nagito", which is surely enough for people to know if they'd like to watch it or not

I think that's where you got your current avatar from, right?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

timp posted:

Do all these other games like UDG, 2.5, and whatever else feature that same gameplay? Also, Ive heard people say DR3 is bad. But does it have a killing game and class trials? Are they, for the most part, as well done as the vast majority of trials in both DR1 and 2?

I haven't seen 2.5, but I heard what happens, and there's no game to it, killing or otherwise. It's too short for a game to happen in it, anyway.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

curiousCat posted:

I will fight you

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Zoe posted:

I'm sad that all the good LPs are over now. I keep coming to this subforum by reflex but there's no DR and no VLR and no Automata and I don't know what to click.

Arist's LP of Persona 5 is still going, or at least I think it is. I fell behind with it and now that the LPs I'm following are finished I have the time to catch up on it again. There's also some old, long-finished LPs that I've been meaning to finish for a while, like Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Neverwinter Nights 2. I'm sure there are some deep cuts out there that I can find if I really look for them, too.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Yeah, thanks. You did good work on this.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

I should actually watch the rest of those free time events sometime, but I can note right now that if you focus on Byakuya in Chapter 1 the whole twist about him not being Byakuya gets partially revealed very early.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

"You've completed all of Girl X's free time events: You've been awarded the prize: Her panties!"

Friggin' Japaaan.

(I only had time to watch one set so I don't know if it's like that for everyone, or just some of them, or only one.)

You get the guys' underwear, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

This statement is a lie!

I didn't know about any of the underwear stuff until I played V3 and got a final free time event with a male student. It was Korekiyo. I was quite befuddled at the time.

• Locked thread