Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
To be honest I preferred DR1 better when it came to the characters interacting with each other, but there's a lot of great characters in 2 who overshadow a lot of the ones in 1. They're both great games, though, and the trilogy (I thought) tied together really well.

I'm really looking forward to watching new peeps jump and guess at things. It's always fun watching others trying to figure something out that you already know. XD

Just a wonder, but will you do some sort of reaction/break down/let's watch thing for 3 (the anime)? It'd be interesting to see and cap off the series with. (Yeah, I know, way early to be asking about, but still.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
I just wanna say that if I met someone irl who had hair like Komaeda I'd be playing with that poo poo because it looks so floofy. Floofy demands petting. It demands it.

I liked Naegi a lot as a protagonist, but I'm also a big fan of Hajime. They're both great characters in my book.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
Chiaki is cute. So is Sonia. And Komaeda. And Babyface. And Ibuki and Mahiru and Gundham and...

They're all kinda cute in their own ways. And I, for one, would like to hug them all. Then again, I'm a huggy kind of person. I just want to hug most people, so... ^.^;

Well, except for Steve. No hugs for pervs. (No hugs for oshun)

Gorilla Salad posted:

So what does the blood nose denote, again? Lust?

It's an allusion to all the blood rushing to one area in the body, causing nosebleed. It's a Japanese pervert signal. Very anime.

To be fair, there's other pervy characters who don't get as much hate as he does, but mainly because they have other traits that aren't just "Horny 24/7".

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 12, 2016

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

hopeandjoy posted:

Japanese high school is only three years long. (American 10th grade-12th grade)

So basically exactly what Lord_Magmar said. In Australia there's 6 years of high school. They pointed out that upwards of year 9 (thus year 10, 11 and 12) were what they were talking about in their post - that there were three years, not two.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

alcharagia posted:

Steve would just eat all of it. gently caress you Steve.

Nah, Steve would cook it all. Of course, he'd be trying to sneak a peek at the girls whilst doing so, so he'd probably burn it.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
I'd suggest allowing chapter by chapter as SMaster said, but just sub in the second highest vote if someone isn't available for the slot they were voted. It think as long as it's understood how you're doing it up-front it shouldn't be an issue.

And maybe do a 1/3-1/2 split. So if there's 7 spots, have you pick 3 for yourself and the other 4 let the thread choose. Best of both worlds.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

Junpei posted:

(But if you ever do this for V3 when it comes out I will participate if NicoB doesn't do it first.)

Oh ho! Picky Penguin hi-five!

Qrr posted:

Monokuma has said that bears aren't people, and he must be right about it because he's a bear (just like he was right about all his other bear facts, like that "bear" is his gender). If bears aren't people, rabbits aren't people. QED.

But rabbits are not bears so they could be people.

That dead/alive list is a fun read for those of us who know what's what. I'm looking forward to when the class trials start up and people have to guess who did it. That'll be fun~ We should have a guessing pool for each case when all the clues are in from the investigations are gathered (before the class trial begins) to see if anyone can detective the truth with just the evidence~

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

fractalairduct posted:

Basically the translation was rushed to get it out faster, though I forget exactly why.

Maybe they didn't want another fan translation to make theirs look bad again? XD

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
Ibuki's crazy, but she's the best kind of crazy. :allears:

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
^
Yeah, do take care when looking up DR stuff guys. One of my friends who is a huge fan of the series accidentally already got spoiled for the culprit of the first case of the new game, just by googling images. Be careful!

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
And here I thought he was referring to the scar over his eye and having got it from an angry dog or other animal as a kid.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.

Hunt11 posted:

It is only a spoiler if people who have actually played the game start weighing in on the trial before it is finished.

I think they meant the spoiler tags when they referred to 'the unspoiled'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
Does this mean he'd have an in with the RNG Gods? Imagine how crazy a game of DnD with him would be... as DM or just a player. >.<;

• Locked thread