Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I love this game so much.

And while I'm one of the people who actually like Naegi, Hinata's such a better character. And it also has my other favorite character of the series, though some here may think he's overplayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

For some reason, I completely forgot about Gundam when naming my favorite characters in this game.

Easily my third favorite character after Hinata and Komaeda.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 10, 2016

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sonia! One of my other favorite characters.

I'm not as big a fan of Chiaki as most people though. She's a little too boring for me. I don't dislike her but she's not one of my top characters.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

I always thought it was the last three years of high school. So from an Australian perspective they do year 9 (first year of HS) elsewhere. Then get scouted by Hope's Peak and spend 3 years there.

Spoiler removed here because I was wrong about where it's from, sorry.

The first game says they removed 2 years worth of memories but not that they were graduating before they sealed themselves in the school I'm pretty sure. Plus 3 years at Hope's Peak sounds more sensible in my head than 2.

I could be wrong of course.

Japanese high school is only three years long. (American 10th grade-12th grade)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'll just be sitting here, waiting for people's reactions.

Knowing the spoilers is simultaneously satisfying and hell to me. But seeing the blind people react is always enjoyable.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 16, 2016

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I thought this was the point I could post a comic illustrating the difference between Naegi and Komaeda, but I guess the really Komaeda moment is a bit later.

I know it was a really popular opinion back when DR was the hit fandom, but Komaeda really is my favorite DR character. He's so delightfully crazy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Now I feel pretty safe posting this comic that illustrates the difference between Naegi and Komaeda:

(original source, translation source currently unknown because it was uncredited on tumblr and didn't come up when I used saucenao. no spoilers in source)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I still love that ace attorney line, even if the Japanese version of it was a bit more direct by actually using Phoenix Wright's name.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Buried alive posted:

It's worth remembering they pulled this stuff with Steve too. Nobody saw Steve coming because nobody knew about his sick mom at home until after he was already convicted. That makes any motive being obvious a bit of a red herring to me which, among other things, strikes Fuyuhiko off the list of suspects for me.

Also the game is definitely reading like Peko is going to get accused, but I hope she lives. You need a straight man as a contrast for the rest of this insanity drat it.

Isn't that Hinata though? He has very little respect for any of this insanity.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

fractalairduct posted:

At what point was it established that Peko's sword was made of bamboo? How are you supposed to figure that out for the hangman's gambit?

It was probably because in Japanese it was referred to as a shinai (a bamboo practice sword aka what this is), which is something most Japanese people would know about because kendo in schools still use them.

Unfortunately, only extreme weebs know what a shinai is. Hell, I generally knew it was a thing and had to look up its actual name just now. Better to call it a bamboo sword then. (Better yet to call it a practice sword.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Talow posted:

Wait, is there still more to the trial or is that the legit ending? I'm sure do to that last picture and line.

We've found the culprit but there's more stupid stuff to reveal.

(Then again, I remembered that reveal, but not the current one.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

From what little I know of Oreimo. No incest actually happens and the Protag gets together with another main character girl. (And I can't remember a single name from that series.)

I once saw a screen cap of the ending.

You heard wrong friend.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I gave up on using keyboard and mouse because even with my 360 controller unplugged it wouldn't tell me what the loving keyboard hotkeys were, it just gave me the controller controls.

I also had a glitch where my second save slot was broken until Steam redownloaded the game and I had to replace the cutscenes with shittier quality ones because apparently my computer is too weak to play MP4 files without audio delay.

But I don't have a PS4 or a Vita, so at least I can play it I guess. And the English voice acting is nice.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm pretty sure gravity can kill everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ah, we're getting to the good parts.

I remember that once I read this bit, I couldn't put the old tumblr translation down.

• Locked thread