Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's time. I'm going to enjoy being mostly in the dark on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

fractalairduct posted:

After the murder in Chapter 4, but before the trial.

Just before, the last screenshot of the LP was on the elevator down. That was one hell of a cliffhanger.

For the record I'm another old-LP-reader-but-not-player.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm fine with no voting. I'm bad at non binary decisions anyway.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

FPzero posted:

: No, perish the thought. I am merely a figurehead.

Jeez, that's kinda harsh to just readily admit.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Why is everyone calling the chef guy Steve? Is there some reference I'm missing?

alcharagia said it as a Lonely Island joke, I think, and people have latched onto it because latching on to jokes is just what LP does.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

For those who don't know, the women's only carriage (not a whole train, but whatever) is absolutely a real thing in Japan, precisely because of people like Teruteru.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Qrr posted:

"Ultimate Affluent Protagonist"

I assumed it was snark since Byakuya's taken such control of the situation. Monokuma gave him poo poo about playing protagonist in the first game, remember, this wouldn't be out of place.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Considering what we've seen before from pre-rendered text in these translations, I'm reasonably impressed with that diagram.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rarity posted:

I don't care who the killer is. I just want to know why they didn't kill Steve instead

Is this a good enough reason?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

For the gift you gave to Sonia, the screenshot called it "Another Battle" but you called it "Ancient Battle".

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

But how will he talk about SHIIIIIT now if he doesn't have to?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

"We won't fall for your tricks, Monomi!"
And then they immediately fall for Monomuma's blatant tricks. Granted, exploring the new island is inevitable anyway.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

We know from last game that a rules violation doesn't start a trial.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

At this point I'm half expecting Souda to freak out and confess (falsely or otherwise) just because he's breaking down from Sonia's constant rejection.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

timp posted:

I remember a fringe theory from the original onenronen DR2 thread about this whole thing being in some sort of virtual reality. and Chiaki saying stuff like she's "not able to" do certain stuff almost makes me wonder if her avatar has been literally programmed to not be able to do things like reveal herself as the traitor (with the exception of that time she said it outright, but even she seemed to be surprised about that)

OK so this is the stupidest meta-speculation ever, but.

The thread tag for FP's DR1 LP was "We Forgot [9/11]", and two of the game's twists involved memory loss and the destruction of monuments.

The thread tag for this LP is "Games".

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Zoe posted:

Is the worst, most horrible, most very bad no good incident less ridiculously phrased in Japanese?

Much more so, it's intentionally absurd and the translation toned it down a ton by usually just referring to it as "The Tragedy" (same thing with "Ultimate" titles).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It seems pretty blatant to me from the talk of "redoing memories" that they're a decent chunk older outside the Matrix but have been rolled back to their school days through this simulation in a measure to keep them sane (or if they are the Remnants of Despair, to erase traces of Junko).

• Locked thread