Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Hot dang Byakuya, you REALLY wanted to get away from Toko didn't you.

I mean, that's the only logical explanation for why he is now Byakuya Ala' Grande.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Double Punctuation posted:

I somehow doubt that would work on her. Genocide Jack, maybe, but then she'd start killing people again.

Maybe it's not the same Byakuya? Considering how weird the Togami family is, it wouldn't surprise me if they also had a really weird naming scheme.

If it is, it's a serious twist. There's way, way too many similarities for him to be another Byakuya Togami.

I mean, if he's a fat clone, then that would be cool too but not as cool as him having a reason for getting huge.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

SOON THE ERA OF HAMSTERS SHALL BEGIN!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Based on the previous game I would say that today's forecast is cloudy with a chance of heavenly spears.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Having recently watched Deadpool, I jive with this idea.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Byakuya's got this. He has grown not only in body, but in soul as well.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

At first I was second guessing myself, but then it turned out the character I'm pretty sure is going to die was marked that way, so I didn't have to change it.

This time, it wasn't actually Steve (Steve you're totally going to die. Make your last dinner count.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Definitely changed the structure up quite a bit, front loading a few 'surprises' from the first game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Beyond recognition huh?

Nice to see Hifumi getting a cameo here after the first game

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

It was something of a poor attempt at humor here as well. I should have added on 'but there's no way Hifumi's corpse would have fit into that tiny box' or something.

I mean I'm fully expecting a three-fold return on characters (Byakuya and Naegi are back, so why not someone else?) but it would be something of a stretch for Hifumi's corpse to be bodyswapped with FaTogami's considering that Hifumi was a victim in the first game. That would have been a lot of effort, even for New Byakuya.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Welp, bucks to bulldozers that the toilet is going to have some sort of access to underneath the old building.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

dancingbears posted:

Speaking of assistant detectives, which students do you goons think are going to be our Class Trial Wingmen? Last game, Naegi had Kyoko and Byakuya to cover all our mystery solving needs, but who do you think Hajime is going to be teaming up with? Who is both competent and survivable enough to hang with The Hajj?

The Ghost of Byakuya Fatogami will guide him through these trials and trepidations!

Naegi's probably going to be the tutorial helper this time out though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Serpentis posted:

Oh, please let it be Saionji so we can get rid of her. Creepy little madam.

And why is the possibility of Peko's "proof" now worrying me immensely? If Togami didn't see the knife under the table when the lights went out, why else would have he been under there?

He saw someone else going for the knife under the table with night vision goggles. He managed to keep his promise in the most roundabout way: instead of that person getting murdered they got spooked by Byakuya, who was then murdered.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

FoolyCharged posted:

He's a crazy suicidal maniac bent on giving the others hope at any cost, even everyone's life. Getting himself killed in a foiled murder attempt would produce the simultaneous hope and despair he's looking for.

Crazy 'why can't it be both?' speculation: he suicides becoming both the murderer and the victim at the same time. Take that Monokuma!

That being said there's one obvious location that might hold the way to get under the floorboards: the storage room. Behind/underneath the pile of boxes. That Nagito shuffled us away from right quick.
That still doesn't answer the question of who could have done it though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Also the Skewer was missing from the kitchen, a place where he would have had to have been for a long time in order to cook everything up.

Or maybe this is a triple setup and the real killer is none other than Monokuma himself!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Yeah, Steve's pretty much been nailed because of the stove bit. Peko's the only other one out of alibis and going to a kitchen with an upset stomach that's kept you in the bathroom for hours isn't likely.

Unless they were in collusion!? And Steve is set up to take the fall for her here!?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

FPzero posted:

Nagito: Bend down, find cord, follow to table, go under the table
Byakuya: Realize what had happened, "What the hell? What's going on here?", find his box, open it in the dark (it was locked, right?), get the night vision goggles, put them on, see Nagito moving, "Th-This is...!", run across the room, go under the table

Byakuya has to do about 10 different actions in the same amount of time Nagito does four. And Nagito's 3rd action takes place during Byakuya's 8th one. Unless Nagito fumbled around trying to find the lamp cord for a good few seconds, Byakuya moved and reacted very fast. That, or there's a little bit of stretching time for narrative purposes.

Why not both? Byakuya obviously over prepared for the eventuality of the murder so him doing his actions super fast isn't implausible. Teruteru and Nagito's timing is the more suspect here, mainly because they weren't working together. In order for Steve to get his own plan in motion he had to know about the blackout and the knife.

Actually waitaminute, how do we know they weren't been working together? Nagito was in charge of cleaning and Teruteru was in charge of food prep. Did Steve truly have a motive for killing Byakuya or is Nagito pulling a double-con!?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Sonia Nevermind. Knows both Oxford English and Occidental English!

Edit: Update near the bottom of the last page.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

That just the charming jank everyone loves of Monokumasoft games.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Every swimsuit picture has the Pork Burger pig next to it.

If that's not the team lampshading this then I don't know what is.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Huh, Kuzuryu's on the cast list twice.
Minor detail or key discovery!?

Also just to get it straight in my head: Sato is either the victim of the vase, or Sonia's Japanese alias. (Everyone else is accounted for in the cast list.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

SONIA NOOOOOOOO waitaminute she's just fine, what's going on here!?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

All of this Hiyoko stuff seems to be too obvious.
Unless it's a double-blind between her and Fuyuhiko!?

They're definitely the top two suspects though.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I wouldn't blame anyone for chickening out here.

Hulkuma is scary.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I was thinking the Fish Tank as an improbable weapon but the gravel inside of it is very feasible.

Also Hiyoko your attitude makes me think you're the one who did it now

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Fabulousvillain posted:

I feel like Peko is projecting all suspicion on to Hiyoko right now since she's far in away the most suspicious with the whole came back from swimming line. I propose that she could have killed Miharu in the shower room, dragged her corpse where they found it, and cleaned up the shower room and herself with the water bottles that have been discarded.

Yeah, it's looking like a three way deception. Hiyoko was there but she only witnessed it, Peko probably did the actual deed but was put up to it/hired to do it by Fuyuhiko (who also could have helped her/them through the shower ceiling bars.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Zoe posted:

...unless they really are going to go the 'high school aged girl is a famous serial killer who just happens to be on the same island with them' route, which, would be pretty drat stupid.

Genocide Jack from the first game would actually make this one be less stupid

But only if it's not a second personality.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

On the other hand, Fuyuhiko does not strike me as someone with the temperament to stay hidden in a surfboard case long enough to get the job done.

Also Surfboard cases are quite large, the only person who's right out for fitting in them would be Nekomaru. He's just too huge. Akane might have trouble too but I'm not sure of that.

Sonia would also easily fit in there, but the question then becomes: why would she leave a mask only she would know the reference too? A red herring to cast suspicion elsewhere? (Being helpful is a great way to deflect suspicion.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

If Hiyoko doesn't turn out to be a victim I will be disappointed in this game

Also it's definitely looking like Fuyuhiko and Pekoe are in cahoots.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Alright, I did see Peko actually doing the deed, and her having a serial killer alter ego isn't surprising but that is a lot of justice.

I didn't pay for this much justice, I don't need this much justice, please take some justice back please game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oh good. Now we can iron out what Fuyuhiko has going on with this case.

(And possibly avoiding having everyone die because that's exactly what I'd expect given what JUSTICE PEKO has been saying.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

If Justice is to Sparking Justice Peko as Hope is to Grown Up Negito, then aiding an accomplice to commiting a crime and then taking credit for it just to get everyone on the island killed (for justice) sounds like a fine plan.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Considering Monokuma just said that the three people that allowed the body discovery announcement to go out didn't include the killer this time (and Fuyuhiko IS counted in those three) then everyone's vote would be valid.

I mean, which would Monokuma find more entertaining: leaving a single yakuza brat alive to discover a world where he might mean all of a wet fart (because we're still post The Most Despair-Inducing Event In History.)
Or him both spiting Peko at considering herself to be a mere tool and proving her correct by gruesomely killing her in some way in which she becomes like, a hammer or something?

But I agree that this murder plan has one too many layers for the sake of having that extra layer.
I can't believe I forgot that Sonia translated the phrases from Spanish too.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

... Wait was that a twofer? Monokuma

Once again Nagito cuts to the heart of the matter.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

TheDavies posted:

They spell out e-i e-i e-i o.

It's the Old MacDonald chorus with an extra 'e-i'.

And on this island we had a murd-murder...

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

An Electric Banjo is a perfectly valid disco instrument.

Plus they might do hoedowns. It's Titty Typhoon are you going to tell it what it can and can not music venue!?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

This sounds horrible but it's nice to see Sonia's emotional breakdown simply because it makes her more realistic.

Also of course Hajime is enough of a dweeb to not join in on the Yukata fun.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Never get excited at anything shown at e3. You will be disappointment in some way.

Hooray for classes though! That's worth excitement!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

GDI Hiyoko way to take the wrong lesson from this!

You're just making yourself a more tempting target for 'Hope-Crazed Naegi' to get back on the murder train! Now who's the stupid one!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The one thing Nagito cannot stand is himself saying that Despair is so great. Enough to drive him into a coma complete with foaming at the mouth.

That is so great

• Locked thread