Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Wait, is this the same guy who used to be one of the Power Rangers? Never knew he went into voice acting.

This was pretty much my reaction when I first found out about it. It still seems weird to me that a guy I grew up watching on TV is still showing up in my entertainment years later.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this! I don't know quite as much about DR2 as I did about DR1, so I might as well be going in blind here. Here's hoping my theories aren't wildly off the wall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

And Gundham is officially my favorite character in the game. Boy, that didn't take long to decide!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Aweosme! Thank you!

Serefin99 You also need to finish your entry!

Well poo poo. Thanks for giving me a heads up, even if I am just now seeing it.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

FPzero posted:

I don't know if you changed it yet but the box for Byakuya is still not filled in. Make sure you're pressing Enter after putting in the prediction to make sure it's saved to the spreadsheet. My guess is that you might originally have put in your prediction and closed the tab before committing it to the sheet, which wouldn't have saved it.

Frikkin' A... Thanks for the heads up, as well as for telling me how to make sure it gets saved. I swear if it still doesn't work after this...

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

...Mikan is dead. Something so sweet and innocent is not allowed to survive a Danganronpa game.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

The Monokuma File looks surprisingly high tech, at least compared to last game. Or maybe I'm just remembering the previous Monokuma Files wrong.

I dislike Hiyoko, but I kinda respect she didn't immediately start denying Monokuma's claims of murder. I mean, given the circumstances, it really is one of the only logical conclusions to be drawn...

And Fuyuhiko continues to be absent for this chapter. Hopefully this changes next update, and also hopefully he has a drat good alibi. I don't want the gangstar to get offed so early.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I'm calling it now: Nagito is the murderer. The developers purposely made him so similar to Makoto so we would trust him, only to make him the first killer. Plus the evidence seems to be pointing in that direction. He's the one who most likely hid the knife, he was standing by the A/C when the power went out, and he probably did something to the bathroom door to keep it locked because... He's a dick like that?

tl;dr Nagito is a witch and must be burned at the stake.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I'm still gunning for it being Nagito. He acted way too suspiciously during the investigation for my liking, not to mention he had free reign of the building while cleaning it. He could easily set up everything for the murder.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

...What the poo poo. Well, this has truly settled it for me: Danganronpa 2 is NOT loving around. Returning character gets killed first, expy of the previous protagonist is set up to be the first murderer and then is revealed to be batshit crazy... Oh boy, this is gonna be a ride.

Now, as for who the real murderer is...

Assuming Nagito isn't the killer and it was someone from under the floorboards, we can safely cross out everyone that was in the dining room during the blackout by virtue of there being no way under the floorboards from there. Additionally, we know there's no way under the floorboards from outside the building either. So, our suspect list currently looks like:

Peko (I still find it just a bit too convenient she had the shits for the entirety of the murder, plus since we haven't seen inside the bathroom yet there very well may be some way under the floorboards from there)
Teruteru (Only by virtue of not actually being in the room for the entire time. Remember, he came in at a later moment. Though I do somewhat doubt it was him since he doesn't really come off as the kind of guy to try to kill someone)

...Huh, thought there would be more than that.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Truthkeeper posted:

Except that if he was under the floor, it would be easy for him to shout like he was in the room with them.

...Oh poo poo, that is a good point. drat, that actually makes me lean harder toward Steve now. I mean, Peko is still suspect number one for me, but it doesn't seem as ridiculous for Steve to have done it now...

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Esoteric Scientist posted:

My money's still on Akane despite Peko being the most straightforward option. She intentionally got into a fight with Nekomaru to get blood all over her before killing Mahiru, she set up three clues to misdirect us (gummy, mask, water bottles), and she's also the one who "helped" us investigate the shower room window. She made sure we would think there's no way to get out through the window without help, but out of everyone in the group, I feel like she's the one who would be able to pull off some gymnast parkour stunt to climb her way to the window and escape.

One issue after this update is the surfboard case thing. Someone would probably notice if there was blood inside the case, I guess?

The problem I have with this is Akane seems too dumb to think of all of that. Sure you can try to argue that she's just been acting, but considering she's been like that since the beginning of the game, it's pretty safe to say that's how she actually is.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Excuse me but am I seeing that correctly? Is that building named Titty Typhoon?!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Do we really have to keep this up? I've played enough Phoenix Wright to know that when Suspect Number 1 suddenly changes their personality, that means they did it 100%.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

MarquiseMindfang posted:

No drill is ever unnecessary. More drills are always necessary.

This man gets it. More drills are the best drills.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

eating only apples posted:

What does this mean?

Both? as in both you and the students? Or both, as in Monomi isn't actually a mono-mi? There's two people controlling her?

Both as in Monomi and the traitor. I... thought that was kinda obvious.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

FPzero posted:

Also, I have no idea if anyone would care enough to watch it but I did record myself playing the demo and lightly commentating over it like I do my Narrator commentary in the LP. I don't think I'm particularly interesting, but I did talk a little bit about how I do the LP, my first impressions of the new characters and other stuff. I also intend to edit the playthrough so that the spoilers I mentioned above are cut out. If you want to check out the demo but don't want to accidentally spoil yourself, this might not be the worst way to see it. I don't have it edited yet, but I'll put up a link when I do.

Is there anyway those of us who don't care about spoilers could get an unedited/less edited video?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Double Punctuation posted:

I wonder if they could cheat the rules by having Nekomaru destroy himself, causing Monokuma to execute Monomi instead, and having Kazuichi rebuild Nekomaru after the trial.

I doubt Monokuma would even give Kazuichi the chance too. Worst case scenario, Monokuma melts down Mechamaru's body and turns it into a statue of himself. Best case scenario, he just puts the body wherever the rest of the corpses are.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Everyone's always bullying Souda, huh?

Souda deserves to be bullied.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Isn't that just a reference to Oreimo?

I think it's because it's Oreimo he's reacting that way. I mean, it is an incest anime, after all. I mean, I personally don't get it because it's just a show, but w/e.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

No, Mechamaru! You were too young! TOO YOUNG!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

FoolyCharged posted:

Chiaki realized she's in a game and hajime is the protagonist. She correctly evaluated that the rubble isnt important until hajime realizes it is, just like the clock.

She is the Ultimate Gamer. If anyone would realize that, it'd be her.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

BioEnchanted posted:

Gundham needs to be in the Ghostbusters franchise, just for a conversation with Gozer. I wonder if she would buy that his Hamsters are Gods?

Well excuse you. They are no mere Gods! They are the Four Dark Devas of Destruction!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Yo, you forgot to post the ratings for the presents you gave Fuyuhiko here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

...Holy loving poo poo.

• Locked thread