Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

I bought this game just after your LP of the first one ended, and while I haven't been as able to get into it as I'd liked, I've finished the second trial and am having loads of fun with it. I'm looking forward to this LP still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

Sessile posted:

Was it really necessary for the intro to include a leg shot for each girl with a skirt?
I guess the answer is... anime.

Funnily enough, there were nine leg shots in the intro: one each for all the girls except Ibuki, one for Hajime, and a dual one for Nagito and Teruteru.

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

Gundham is super my favorite. He's fantastic. Kazuichi is fun too, in a vaguely creepy but earnest sort of way.

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

Gundham's Edgy McVoldemort shtick is one of those things that would be really annoying in a real person, but isn't here. Primarily because here there were a good number of writers trying to keep it from getting too annoying, as that wouldn't be very fun to play.

Ibuki's so-random Genki girl thing grated me at first, but I think it was just played up a bit too much in her introduction so that people could get a good handle on her character immediately. She's real fun too.

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

Now that we've met everyone, I think it's alright for me to say that at this point the characters feel like remixed versions of the DR1 cast. Notably, there's Chiaki, who appears to fill Chihiro's (apparent) "computer girl" slot, Akane, who seems to be Hina's "attractive, spacey athlete chick" combined with Leon's "careless, firey athlete," and Fuyohiko, who combines Byakuya's "untouchable better-than-you" attitude with Mondo's temperament and language.

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

Watch as it's just Junko as the mastermind again, and she's like secretly not dead or something.

"You thought it was one of the new characters, but it was me! Junko!"

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

I'm almost bummed out that I decided to buy the game before the LP because now I'm ~halfway through it and the dead pool is a fantastic idea that I wanna be in on but I already DQ'd myself. Such is life.

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

I didn't see the original LP, but I am by coincidence at exactly the point it ended at. It must be a sign, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016

I didn't read Sonia's lack of contractions as a foreigner thing, I read it as a royalty thing. Having few contractions makes her speech feel very formal. One way that I could think to better emphasize "foreign-ness" would be dropping articles, as a lot of languages don't use them as often as English does.

• Locked thread